test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To Attract More Anime Gamers: Playing Sword Art Online by Proxy as a Foundry Quest

leafaeyleafaey Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi All!!

I'm a relative MMO newbie so if my suggestion sounds vanilla just whack me!! :D

Even though there's no finished Swordcraft -- er, I mean Sword Art Online MMORPG yet, lots of SAO fans wish to get as close to the feel of battling its floor bosses as close to the floor level boss type and sequence as you can on plain 3-D MMOs.

Using Neverwinter's Foundry, why can't one recreate SAO floor bosses by using whatever similar Bosses there are in Neverwinter? Are there any Neverwinter monsters that resemble those in SAO by looks or levels? Couldn't the storyline work itself as a NW one as well? After all, I've played some fun re-imagined "Alice In Wonderland"-like foundry quests that seem to get by well enough.

I'd love try to build this myself except I'm too new and non-techie and low-level at this and just don't know enough Neverwinter bosses which to use (I even accidentally deleted my 1st free Man At Arms companion after just having him for 5 minutes! :( ), but I'd love to assist and support anyone with the sharps to pull off something like this, even if one can only play it in stages as a work in progress!

Take Well & Care!

Leafaey
Post edited by leafaey on

Comments

• Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to take a crack at an answer for you since it seems no one else has:

First, stuff like this should go in the general Foundry forum not the review subforum. Don't be surprised if this gets moved.

I don't know anything about Sword Art Online (I had to Google it to even have the faintest idea what it was) but the things you are suggesting aren't always possible with the tools available to us in the Foundry.

Foundry doesn't have bosses. Not the way the main part of the game does. Authors do their best to fake it with the tools we have but even then it is only an approximation of a boss fight.

If you are really interested in a project like this I would recommend you take a look at some of the Foundry tutorials and try it out yourself. The odds are you would have to create it yourself if you would like to see it happen.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im sure I could make fights that sort of looked like what you mean. BUT the difficulty would be hilariously easy. :( we really need more tools for encounter modification
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    leafaeyleafaey Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Im sure I could make fights that sort of looked like what you mean. BUT the difficulty would be hilariously easy. :( we really need more tools for encounter modification

Thanks for your reply! :) I tried to delete this thread to move it to the general Foundry topic but can't find a way to delete this thread here so I won't be double posting, though I sent the GM a PM about it before I do.

Thanks!

Take Well & Care,
    Leafaey