test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Black Pearl NW-DC9R4J5EH

torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
The Black Pearl NW-DC9R4J5EH

UjzZDcV.jpg

While attempting to cross into the Phlogiston, "The Drake" is attacked by the Scro, a race of spacefaring orcs!

They lay claim to your salvage!

- Defend your crew
- Learn more about the Observers
- Find the 4 hidden chests
- Adjustable Difficulty (Added Combat options)
- Class-specific interactions and storylines!

Turn your graphics up because this quest has sound and visual FX triggers!

This is the second quest of the campaign. The first can be found here.

I'd love some feedback, and please reply to this thread with any bugs you find =D
NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
Thanks for all the fish.
Post edited by torontodave on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played with my level 68 DC. I found the map design to be excellent and the story was very good. I think the combat might be tough for some level 60+ characters.

Detailed notes:

Topside:

-The lightning effects off the bow are very nice.
    -the effects during Gesler’s conversation are well done.
    -you may want to considering adding a difficulty setting or chaining the Curse encounters instead of stacking. All of them aggroed on me immediately from where I was talking to Gesler so I had about 10 on me at once. I was killed twice in that fight. I think with 60+ difficulty being what it is you may want to adjust that.
    -the attack on the end of the bowsprit is a nasty thing for dodging classes, one single encounter might be enough.
    -when talking to Gesler after the attack he says “those were Observers Eye’s” it is should be “Observers Eyes” or “Observers’ Eyes”
    -when the Scro attack the NPC Gesler is still there when the Encounter Gesler appears. The Encounter seems to stand on the NPC later after the encounters are dead.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    -the attack on the end of the bowsprit is a nasty thing for dodging classes, one single encounter might be enough.

-when the Scro attack the NPC Gesler is still there when the Encounter Gesler appears. The Encounter seems to stand on the NPC later after the encounters are dead.

Thanks for the feedback!! Everything's been fixed(on my side, still isnt published yet), one of the curse encounters was removed to make it a bit easier. and 1 of the Bowspirit mobs was dropped overboard. ;D

I can't recreate what you mean when to create a duplicate Gesler.. To avoid spoilers can you pm me how you got another one? (Did you choose the MoreCombat or Storyline option?)

Right now I'm adding a more climactic ending to the final fight... I'll let you know when it's been revised. =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    I can't recreate what you mean when to create a duplicate Gesler.. To avoid spoilers can you pm me how you got another one? (Did you choose the MoreCombat or Storyline option?)

Gesler is fixed and revision 0.4 is LIVE FOR TESTING! =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited June 2015
    Some review feedback from my second Spelljammer quest, 'The Black Pearl'

s7uzKcb.jpg

Version 0.8 is now live for testing. Please give it a play-through and let me know if you have any problems, I'll be submitting it for featuring soon.
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited January 2017
    @mimicking#6533 This is the sequel. It's another fun one..

The third installment is(was?) half finished in the Foundry the last time I looked at it. It's got some ST:Voyager jokes, and the Mindflayer Trader's study/office/library. It also has a jailcell conversation through the bars.

I want some real rewards for Foundry players, and authors.

Thomas: "Yeah, there's no lolly-gagging around it. Sad, but it's fun. If you guys aren't playing Foundry Missions, you should. Why should you? Is it to get the loot? NO! It's because you guys are great storytellers and you should go out and enjoy each other's stories. Way back when, let me go to the way back machine when I first started... My plan was to have Strongholds, which we have now, and we'll talk about that later, to have Strongholds... my plan was like, you have your Stronghold, you meet all your friends at your local tavern at your Stronghold in your zone, in your map, and then be like, "Okay guys, I built a dungeon in Foundry. Let's go play D&D!"

"You Should" is not enough incentive for NW players to play the Foundry.

-A campaign with rewards for playing 30, 60, 90, etc featured quests.
    -Endgame items that only appear in featured foundry chests. (add a second 'endgame' chest to the system.)
    -Travelling Loremaster daily quest, in stronghold, for stronghold currency. Play a featured quest, get something.
    -Tribe Storyteller daily quest, in SOMI, for SOMI currency. Play a featured quest, get a rare fish? (I have no idea. SOMI is zzz)
    -An auto-1k rad for foundry authors (from cryptic) when they get a play on a featured quest.
    -Better author rewards. Orange Silverback Bear upgrade?

Some more curation of the catalog. Delete the 'fast/achievement/community' quests, they spoil the 'BEST' list.

Maybe give @nitocris83 something to do? She can play the quests and feature em? or at least delete the exploit ones? =X
    Thanks for all the fish.
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83 ... You guys ever read the foundry forums? You ever play any foundry missions? *ahem* ^^
    Thanks for all the fish.