What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmouth Set must to be toned down!!

2»

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    GWF's will get hit hardest by a nerf. I welcome it. Then I'll throw my legendary Valindra belt back on and stomp all over them again :)

Wrong.

Right now, GWFs without lostmauth's set can outdps other classes that are using it. Wake up, CWs aren't top DPS anymore.

Also, remember that once the artifact gets nerfed, the bonus is related to the weapon damage and crit %. Guess which class is using the weapon with highest weapon damage and can get 100% crit chance.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wrong.

Right now, GWFs without lostmauth's set can outdps other classes that are using it. Wake up, CWs aren't top DPS anymore.

Also, remember that once the artifact gets nerfed, the bonus is related to the weapon damage and crit %. Guess which class is using the weapon with highest weapon damage and can get 100% crit chance.

GWF have by far the highest damage on their weapons. So I don't get what you are getting at
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    GWF have by far the highest damage on their weapons. So I don't get what you are getting at

He mean TR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    Im pretty sure he is just telling it like it is. Lostmauth or not, GWF own the PVE dps title and whoever 2nd place may be - it is not even remotely close to 1st.
    edited May 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    Im pretty sure he is just telling it like it is. Lostmauth or not, GWF own the PVE dps title and whoever 2nd place may be - it is not even remotely close to 1st.

Winner.

/10char
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited May 2015
    I guess you haven't seen what a good CW can do.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He mean TR

No, he means GWF can achieve a constant 100% crit in PvE.
    edited May 2015
    My main is a CW. I am very very very well aware of what their capabilities are, moreso than any other class. I only play Pally and CW seriously this mod. I can show you ACT logs of CW in gear ranging from 2k to near BiS and a BiS cw will get roflstomped by a sub-3k GWF. Im not happy about the fact because CW is the class I love the most but I wont try to deny the facts. Facts are facts, whether I would like them to be or not.
  • azlandrazlandr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    My main is a CW. I am very very very well aware of what their capabilities are, moreso than any other class. I only play Pally and CW seriously this mod. I can show you ACT logs of CW in gear ranging from 2k to near BiS and a BiS cw will get roflstomped by a sub-3k GWF. Im not happy about the fact because CW is the class I love the most but I wont try to deny the facts. Facts are facts, whether I would like them to be or not.

GWF is a striker, CW is a controller, GWF should do more damage don't you think?
    115472_zpseintxu7i.jpg
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlandr wrote: »
    GWF is a striker, CW is a controller, GWF should do more damage don't you think?

Oh wait how has it been for 5 mods and a launch, not like that at all
    edited May 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    I guess you haven't seen what a good CW can do.

I just checked your character. You are a CW using Lostmauth pieces, greater vorpal and radiant r7 in all your offensive slots except for 1 r8 in your weapon.

And I have done a lot of runs with BiS CWs who have been playing this game for over 1 year, very experienced guys.

I'm not saying in any way that you are bad a CW but it is necessary to keep in mind that your damage is capped by your own gear/companions. I made a few calculations, your character is at least 25% weaker than a BiS CW and compared to them a GWF is still able to outdps them.
    BTW, let's not turn this thread into a discussion between GWF and CWs because that's not the point.

Regarding to the lostmauth's set, even after it's fixed to the way it should theoretically works, it will still be BiS for GWFs and I presume a boost in overal damage for about 2%-5% which is still a lot.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol@you

/10char
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Regarding to the lostmauth's set, even after it's fixed to the way it should theoretically works, it will still be BiS for GWFs and I presume a boost in overal damage for about 2%-5% which is still a lot.

Exactly this.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think some people are overstating it. It could probably do with a tone down, I think some of the other sets could do with toning up too and its weird that they have bonuses that have a CHANCE to do only 10% weapon damage (though unresistable), chance for 25% weapon damage, while at the same time having 100% weapon damage on crit. There's obviously a big gap which is a design oversight. But lets be honest here, high vizier and high prophet used to be must have sets, the devoted sigil artifact is pretty much the must have primary artifact, vorpal was must have along with soulforged, most of the artifact powers on the main hand and off hand artifacts are ones most people wouldn't consider. When it comes down to it, I'd also rather have my dc sigil than lostmauth set bonus. Obviously it shouldn't be a must have when it doesn't provide useful bonuses otherwise, but really what makes this any different from any other must have set? It's not as overpowered as some people seem to make out. For example the seldarine set used to be a hell of a lot stronger.
    edited May 2015
    I just checked your character. You are a CW using Lostmauth pieces, greater vorpal and radiant r7 in all your offensive slots except for 1 r8 in your weapon.

And I have done a lot of runs with BiS CWs who have been playing this game for over 1 year, very experienced guys.

I'm not saying in any way that you are bad a CW but it is necessary to keep in mind that your damage is capped by your own gear/companions. I made a few calculations, your character is at least 25% weaker than a BiS CW and compared to them a GWF is still able to outdps them.
    BTW, let's not turn this thread into a discussion between GWF and CWs because that's not the point.

It's not even close to 25%. It's more around a 20% dps increase if I went from what I have to BiS.

Which mean I would be at 83% of my potential dps (I'm actually higher due to various other forms of stat increases that are linear). Closer to 85% in reality.

Yet, I've yet to see a GWF that outdps me badly. The only time it really happens is if I run eTOS (due to being on add focus on the last boss).
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...one not-to be neglected factor why GWFs currently often out-DPS CWs: Less trash before you get to the boss. The larger AoE of most CW encounters/dailies hence does not come to bear, and single target, the GWF clearly is the king...

...might look different when you look at IwD e.g. the HE run combatlogs with ACT. Just as a bit of meta-perspective.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just checked your character.

Did you seriously go in game and find the guy and look, or is there another way you did that? lol
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The Lostmauth artifact set bonus is a bit overrated, however the others are (for the most part) not good enough to compare to it, especially for DPS classes. I see a lot of people getting upset with CW's performing well using this set and while it is certainly effective using a crit-based build the CW DPS isn't beating GWF and TR's using this set. Sure some BIS CW's who are using transcendent feytouched may be near or at those striker DPS numbers but that enchant is probably causing people in your party to be one-shotted as well.

I'm sure this will be nerfed eventually, and it will go the way of deep gash (went from dealing millions to dealing a few thousands lol) and everyone will be dropping the set like hot potatoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you seriously go in game and find the guy and look, or is there another way you did that? lol

you can check it with character name + handle via gateway.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    The Lostmauth artifact set bonus is a bit overrated, however the others are (for the most part) not good enough to compare to it, especially for DPS classes. I see a lot of people getting upset with CW's performing well using this set and while it is certainly effective using a crit-based build the CW DPS isn't beating GWF and TR's using this set. Sure some BIS CW's who are using transcendent feytouched may be near or at those striker DPS numbers but that enchant is probably causing people in your party to be one-shotted as well.

I'm sure this will be nerfed eventually, and it will go the way of deep gash (went from dealing millions to dealing a few thousands lol) and everyone will be dropping the set like hot potatoes.

The difference between lostmauth set and deep gash is that everyone can use lostmauth set and only one class can use deep gash.

The set is fine as is.

Stronger sets are coming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah the set is definitely not fine as it is. Simplest fix is too stop it from critting. suddenly the damage is more realistic. while we're at it do the same for stormspell.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Yeah the set is definitely not fine as it is. Simplest fix is too stop it from critting. suddenly the damage is more realistic. while we're at it do the same for stormspell.

This would mean a change to all consecutive crits in this game. The change would be huge imo.
    Better fix it the way it's written on the tooltip. Cap the proc damage to your weapon damage without buffs affecting it. Then you would have a set, which increases most classes damage for 2-5%.

Also, I agree, Storm Spell needs its attention. We never asked for proc damage!
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From my typical parse on a CW their top 3 damage effects are SS @ 40%, lostmauth bonus @ 20% and assailant at 15%. Granted this would vary but on typical dungeon runs I see stuff like that.
    edited June 2015
    That is a close approximation of what I see out of Thaum CW with lostmauth set as well. When you consider that those procs are 65-75% when added together you really have to appreciate how poor the base spell damage is for CWs.