test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

could anyone try my 2, foundery quest

mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
could anyone try my 2, foundery quest and plz tell me what you Think of them, im not a super pro quest maker, BUT someday i hope Smiley grin.
its soloble but hard, try be 2

quest names; barbarian attack / save the elf Queen
search on my account: mekols
or codes, NW-DOMCH8FHJ /// NW-DP7B54ZRN
Post edited by mekols on

Comments

• Options
    arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    okey dokey artichokey
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    For some reason I'm extremely fond of playing quests made by other people, you can just feel the hard work they put into it and that in turn makes me feel jealous and motivated and that motivation is like a high for me, almost like that great feeling after exercising.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So for your barbarian attack quest, it still needs alot of polishing. Make sure to rename your npcs instead of leaving them named as "customized human 2". There are quite a few spelling errors, which can't be helped if English is not your first language but try your bestest to capitalize first letters of a sentence. Next its the spacing of the monsters, I felt like there actually wasn't enough bad guys to fight at the beginning and you added too many friendly guards to help fight the bad guys for you. NPC placement could be a bit more creative since barbarians are attacking, maybe make a barricade between the innocent people and the barbarians or the npcs hiding in a locked room while barbarians are pounding at the door. Next is the dungeon-ey area. After beating up the bad guys and talking to lady, it says to go to the next map, it might be a better idea to put the portal next to the npc instead of behind you because at first I had no idea where it was.
    Some areas had too little and some areas had too many hard monsters put together, I'm fine though because I'm a guardian fighter and basically immortal. Won't be a problem for others either but keep in mind not cluttering bad guys. (although I'm a hypocrite in my quests) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    While playing "Save the Elf Queen" I noticed you like putting separate rooms in a custom map and using portals to get from each. It sorta works but why not try connecting some if you can. Some rooms are right next to each other and a hallway could connect it and no one would think its weird because both rooms are both caves.
    If you think about it, how do the bad guys get in and out, how was the building/cave made when there are no entrance and just a portal, a portal that is made by the elves. How do they live? Small details about the world you create, even if it goes unnoticed by the player, still makes you grow as a story teller and quest maker. The quests are fun, actually more effort put into it than most beginner quests. However, it needs a bit more if you want it to stand out from the rest. Taking to the forums is already something that most beginners don't usually do! Good job :p
    All in all, semi solid work and I wish you safe travels through your journey in the foundry.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    arkanarge wrote: »
    okey dokey artichokey

Hey thx for playing my quest, i will try fix the things you mentiond, how do you feel about playing my other quest, corrupted dwarf? and tell me what you Think about that one
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Please lock this thread