test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please get leavers penalty in GG!?

djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Yeah headlines says it all i guess, so sick of seeing 2-3 people quit within the first few minutes unless the match is a newbiestomp...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    agree, or maybe when leave make daily quest PVP become failed, or give -100 glory penalty when leave
  • Options
    halstenberghalstenberg Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why don't you queue for Domination?
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree, that way the GG queue times will be as long as the domination queue times and I can just give up on PVP in this game entirely and play something that doesn't require me to sit around doing nothing the majority of the time.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the contrary, I think domination needs penalty removed.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of all the cheesy wai things and buggy exploits in the game, quitting PvP matches one after the other till you find an easy win, is the worst.

It is a team game, you quit you screw your team and should be penalized. A free for all PvP game with no leaver penalty should be a deathmatch non team game.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tbh, what we really need is not a penalty but a surrender option. Like in mobas where you can surrender if the majority of your team votes for it.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Tbh, what we really need is not a penalty but a surrender option. Like in mobas where you can surrender if the majority of your team votes for it.

I have said the same thing, and to include domination. Down by 1/3 the total possible score and the vote to forfeit should be possible. Nothing lost nothing gained but a few minutes. Would allow people to quit lopsided unwinnable blowouts without being penalized while also making sure people aren't just spam quing for an easy win.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    i completely disagree.

until they fix the queue and you can get teamed up and against people at your approximate skill/gear then i'm all for no quitter penalty.

i'm the first one to quit GG when i see we are up against a team thats just gonna wipe the floor with us, then sit at the base of our spawn point and kill us as we leave. screw that.

i'd rather quit a few until i get in a game that might actually be fun. and i don't mean one that i win. i mean one thats fun. i'm cool with losing if its a fun run.

All I see here i dont like a challenge, so i will abuse the system until i find an easy win..... And yeah you might be the one expectation to the rule, but all the other moronic leavers, will instant quit within the first 2-3 minutes if the team they are on doesnt rolfstomp the other... And no you cant tell who is gonna win after 2-3 minutes..
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed. And please hold uber - geared teams to match up against other uber - geared teams. When one side gers zero kills against the other team for the entire match, it's not fun or healthy for the PvP community.
  • Options
    halstenberghalstenberg Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GG should stay the casual queue with no matchmaking and leaver penalty.

Matchmaking can't handle GG as well. Like it would evenly match up 20 players when it completely fails with only 10 in Domination. Yeah...

It's interesting anyway that folks are now trying to improve GG with the same adjustments that have utterly failed for Domination. You people need to get into that learning curve rather quick.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GG should stay the casual queue.

I have suggested this before. Make 10v10 GG casual pvp and 5v5 domination for the hardcore pvp and tie this mode only into the leaderboard. Currently GG isn't recording any stats for pvp other than the campaign achievements, double/triple kills aren't even being tracked. Leaderboard doesn't seem to affect the leaderboard as it is so it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Also no premade queuing for 10v10, only 5v5.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i hope Dev will make GG PVP not only 2 side fight delz and luskan..
    because when the other side losing then pretty much we already know the result..
    if dev make GG not only 2 side fight and make it 3 or 4 side fight (1 party each side) there will be more complex gameplay and strategy involve and everything can happen..
    even if premade party enter in one side they still can lose
    we can got 1st winner, 2nd winner or 3rd winner
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would rather have balanced matchmaking for GG.

So much fun when 1600-2000ilvl players are fighting 4000ilvl premades.

Can't do it?

So don't mess up with penalties.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Leaver penalty wont change much. The problem are premades stomping pugs. Once people realize that enemy team have premade they will leave and if there's harsh penalty they will just go semi-afk with random suicides once in a while. Either way you gonna lose.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why would I stay in a game fighting premades in negation enchants? I'll lose miserably and get no reward anyway. Because my score will be at the bottom BECUASE I CAN'T KILL THEM NOR CAP!

I'm there for the reward, not because this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is fun. Zero reward = waste of my time.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    All I see here i dont like a challenge, so i will abuse the system until i find an easy win..... And yeah you might be the one expectation to the rule, but all the other moronic leavers, will instant quit within the first 2-3 minutes if the team they are on doesnt rolfstomp the other... And no you cant tell who is gonna win after 2-3 minutes..

Premades who queue GG are the ones who don't like a challenge. They are also a big part of the problem. They stay if winnin, often leave in pairs/trios when not winning. I have even seen them leave when they can't handle the randoms on the other team. Not ez enough.

Give a solo only queue and then you can put in leaver penalty.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just use my Magic 8 Ball if it tells me to leave then that is what I shall do lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Premades who queue GG are the ones who don't like a challenge. They are also a big part of the problem. They stay if winnin, often leave in pairs/trios when not winning. I have even seen them leave when they can't handle the randoms on the other team. Not ez enough.

Yea... these are best... I go to harass a point, keep it from being captured against 3-5 players, meanwhile the rest of the map is getting red. I'm pressing X only to see its 10v7, because in first minute opponent got 50 point advantage...
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To the OP:
    Are you tired of leavers, cause you are not able to kill them and get ur double and triple kills? Then, guess what? Newbies are tired of being defeated by Pro players.
    In my opinion your suggestion is so selfish. GG penalty removed and domination should have removed its own too. Since matchmaking is a mess, people who are not geared have not chance to win.
    Personally i am one of those who leaves when i see more than 4 of the same PVP guild in enemy team. It is just not fair and i have stayed long to stand against them but ur allies just cannot kill them and die fast, so why giving them more free kills? If u want challenge as others have stated here go to domination. GG should stay as it is.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree we take off the leave penalty for both GG and DOM, or we buff the reward for those that stays.

For example, a DOM has 5 players, if one player's left, then the team with 4 ppl left each rewards 125% of rewards they normally get, if 2 person leaves and made it 3 vs 5, then the team with 3 ppl gets 150% bonus rewards (basically they take share from those that leaves), this might encourages people to stay and not to leave. However there should be indication in-game to notify the player they are receciving 150% or 200% bonus RP from the pool of say 1500 glory rewarded to their team.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @icyphish that might work on GG, but on domi, often it would be 200% of 0 glory as prems can make it so pugs won't even score 10 points, even personal score, therefore no rewards.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This issue has gotten out of hand. I have played 4 matches today and, my team, lost each one of them.

Why would that be the case?

In 2 of the matches a total of 10 people decided that it was easier to punch out and go to another GG run. In one match that left 4 of us to carry on. The other team did not even try to kill us... they were standing around and recapping what we capped.

The next 2 matches were similar... both sides had leavers. The end result in one was 8v7... because 2 of the opposition refused to leave the campfire... due to it being so one-sided. The other match ended up as 9v6.

There should be a way to differentiate between a leaver and a disconnection. A leaver should be penalized, longer than 30 minutes, but the person who dc's due to server errors... should be allowed to come back and play... if they can.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My opinion is penality is a non sense because of disconnection ( who here has never been disconnected because of lag or something else? )

My opinion is that people shouldnt be able to leave the map until the end of the gg/dom, even if they are disconnected, they should log back to the map without being kicked.

My opinion is that when you get killed in Gauntlegrym ( not in domination), you should be kicked into the fight after few seconds ( lets say 20sec) : why?

Because, there is no consequences about pvp ranking in gg, like even if you loose you will get a reward, but if you leave, some of your teammates who want to play will get smashed because of the fact that you've decided to play for yourself ( although it's a team game ), you signed for GG, you have to assume it.

My opinion is that we should'nt be allowed to sign in premade in GG, and it should have a special queue for premade on domination
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is Absolutely Necessary!!
    GG-PvP really need a leaver penalty,

I would say we need even a Harder penalty for GG-PvP, than the 5v5, 1Hour or longer-
    Cuz the leavers hurting more players than just 5.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    casteth wrote: »
    My opinion is penality is a non sense because of disconnection ( who here has never been disconnected because of lag or something else? )

My opinion is that people shouldnt be able to leave the map until the end of the gg/dom, even if they are disconnected, they should log back to the map without being kicked.

My opinion is that when you get killed in Gauntlegrym ( not in domination), you should be kicked into the fight after few seconds ( lets say 20sec) : why?

Because, there is no consequences about pvp ranking in gg, like even if you loose you will get a reward, but if you leave, some of your teammates who want to play will get smashed because of the fact that you've decided to play for yourself ( although it's a team game ), you signed for GG, you have to assume it.

My opinion is that we should'nt be allowed to sign in premade in GG, and it should have a special queue for premade on domination

I like this idea.

If you commit to join the queue to be in a GG match... you should be locked into a GG match.

I believe in Wow they implemented a pre-made option for all PvP.

I feel that a Pug should fight a Pug and a premade should fight a premade.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    agree, or maybe when leave make daily quest PVP become failed, or give -100 glory penalty when leave

A glory loss as part of the leaver penalty would be awesome. And some kind of afk penalty. Tired of pvp and seeing someone sitting on their throne on top of the fire while we play 4v5
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, take away glory from the poor while they get slaughtered and give the rich more grym coins. You people only think of yourselves.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I like this idea.

If you commit to join the queue to be in a GG match... you should be locked into a GG match.

I believe in Wow they implemented a pre-made option for all PvP.

I feel that a Pug should fight a Pug and a premade should fight a premade.

When I last played WoW there were three modes of pvp: 10v10/15v15/40v40 battlegrounds, 10v10/15v15 rated battlegrounds (premade) and 2v2/3v3/5v5 arena (death match). It was a good mix and if NW implemented even half of this I would be happy.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.