test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This item exceeds your account's maximum purchase price.

bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Member Posts: 244 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
How am I supposed to get a bag for my character? The auction house won't let me buy a bag, giving me the above message.

I don't get it. Low-level characters aren't supposed to have bag space?
Post edited by bravehoptoad on

Comments

• ozgurakbas91ozgurakbas91 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How am I supposed to get a bag for my character? The auction house won't let me buy a bag, giving me the above message.

I don't get it. Low-level characters aren't supposed to have bag space?

As far as I know low-level characters until 60 they have about 100k spend limit.

I lived a lot of times this situation... :)
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Member Posts: 244 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    No high-level toon--my highest is 29, the guy I'm trying to buy a bag for. Also, I only have two bags. Where do I get a third?

This doesn't make sense. I was just able to buy four different epic pets for Sword Coast. One of those cost 455k...the cheapest was 375k. Now I can't buy a bag worth 330k? Let me tell you, with my pets pushing level 30, I sure could use the bag space. Every time I log in my overflow bag is packed and I have to unload stuff before I can do anything.

This seems like pretty poor game design. They let me buy astral diamonds and transfer them to my character, but don't let me spend them? Why kind of decision making is that? What am I supposed to do with 300k astral diamonds that I can't spend?

Offhand I can't recall being more irritated at a game.
  • lesplelesple Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You'll get the third and last free bag as a reward for finishing the last quest in the Neverdeath graveyard.
    What's a signature and what does it do?
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pretty sure they made this limitation to make life harder for the AD sellers, the problem is it makes life harder for the legit players too. The price we pay for the society we live in.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    The limit only effects some items: specifically those that tend to be the focus of gold sellers such as bags.

As cruel as it sounds the limit is not going anywhere as it serves it's purpose quite well and for a legitimate player it does not take long at all the get at least one character to level 60.

Just keep playing normally and stop picking up every item drop. You will have to do that whether you have additional bag space or not.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This doesn't make sense. I was just able to buy four different epic pets for Sword Coast. One of those cost 455k...the cheapest was 375k. Now I can't buy a bag worth 330k?

You hit a daily spending limit when you bought the pets, so the game disallowed you from also buying the bag.

The actual spending limit isn't disclosed and some big-ticket items are exempted.

@thread
    I don't think all bags auto-equip on pickup anymore (only the BoP bags like from quests or the dragon hoard) because the game has to run the bind warning and you have to confirm the action.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No high-level toon--my highest is 29, the guy I'm trying to buy a bag for.

I was just able to buy four different epic pets for Sword Coast. One of those cost 455k...the cheapest was 375k. Now I can't buy a bag worth 330k? Let me tell you, with my pets pushing level 30, I sure could use the bag space.

Here is the kicker - no legit character is going to have millions of AD to spend on an account before reaching level 30....most don't even have that much at level 70.

Therefore, my question would be, and it will not be answered honestly is - how did you obtain this windfall of AD as a level 29 max character?

Pretty sure I already know. The answer to your original question is, you are not intended to have that much AD so early, and that is why they block it.

Please commence with the "I'm just that good, I know how to play the AH, etc etc etc" replies, because regardless what is said, I think it is clear what happened here.
    edited May 2015
    Pretty sure I already know. The answer to your original question is, you are not intended to have that much AD so early, and that is why they block it.

Please commence with the "I'm just that good, I know how to play the AH, etc etc etc" replies, because regardless what is said, I think it is clear what happened here.

And yet, oh holy one, there is a mechanic in the game by which a player with a character of any level can BUY ZEN (which Cryptic would probably rather like them to do, in fact) and convert it directly to AD.

That said, if you're going to BUY ZEN, you might as well just buy the danged bag in the store because you'll end up paying less for it. People selling Zen shop items on the AH are invariably marking them up.

Assuming this is what the OP meant they did when they talked about the game design having allowed them to buy AD. If you bought the AD from... cough... somewhere else, then you are a naughty boy indeed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited May 2015
    He's playing Sword Coast Adventures. That absolutely will fill your bags up really quickly and into the overflow, and you can't even invoke until you get rid of all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, even if you are vendoring most of the items and refining the trash enchants.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And yet, oh holy one, there is a mechanic in the game by which a player with a character of any level can BUY ZEN (which Cryptic would probably rather like them to do, in fact) and convert it directly to AD.

That said, if you're going to BUY ZEN, you might as well just buy the danged bag in the store because you'll end up paying less for it. People selling Zen shop items on the AH are invariably marking them up.

Assuming this is what the OP meant they did when they talked about the game design having allowed them to buy AD. If you bought the AD from... cough... somewhere else, then you are a naughty boy indeed.

Touche....not sure why that option had not occurred to me. Thank you for the adjustment to my flawed logic.
    edited May 2015
    Eh, if I'm playing with bags that were already relatively full and get one of this kind of enchant and one of that kind and then this kind of artifact refining stone and then another kind... bleh, it adds up. I won't usually play more than two games on a single character in a day though, so it's manageable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To the OP: however you got that AD, just go finish Neverdeath. You'll get a third bag from that. Save your AD for now.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [...]
    Just keep playing normally and stop picking up every item drop. You will have to do that whether you have additional bag space or not.

...also, Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog artifact might help. Will also come handy when after 2h bashing your head against the boss you or a teammate runs out of injury kits. No kidding...
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    he could in my same situation, I joined the game 3 weeks before mod6, but being playing in STO since my join day
    edited May 2015
    Hi, guys!

My join date is old because I was playing Champions for a while. I know my situation is unusual. I barely have time to play Neverwinter--maybe 2 or 3 half-hour sessions per week. But Sword Coast is turn-based, so I can play it lots. I can always put it down to get a glass of water for my 3-year-old, can play in ten minute chunks and put it on hold, etc. etc.

So I bought enough AD to get four epic pets for Sword Coast, but my bags were filling up super fast, always in overflow, etc. Fortunately I had 330k left over, which is the perfect amount to buy a bag, right? Well, no, wrong. The game refuses to let me buy one. Rrrrrrrrrrrr.

To make matters worse--they sent my first-time Zen buyer's pack to a level 4 character that I deleted without even knowing at the time how e-mail worked. So that's gone and they won't replace it, so no Bag of Holding for me. I mean--that must happen a lot, right? FIRST TIME buyer's pack, a lot of people aren't going to know how those things work. Their customer-service solution: to tell me to go jump in a lake.

Rrrrrrrr again. It seems like this game is just determined to run me off.

The only thing that's saving the game at this point is that I have that artifact that lets me summon a shopkeeper every five minutes. That is definitely NOT the artifact I would have picked if the game wasn't trying its hardest to keep me from buying extra bag space.

It all makes me a little sick I ever bought any Zen at all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This is NOT true. Buying a Greater bag from Zen store costs 1000z -> 500K AD.
    Buying from AH, less than 500K AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    I've read the posts.

1. This gives me 660 Zen
    2. The only bag I could then afford is a Bag of Holding, which is 60% of the bag I could get on the AH if I they would just let me spend my AD (the Dragon Cult Pack).
    3. So my choices are: a) buy a worse bag or b) pump in more Zen.

You can see how either choice is irritating. The way the game has been treating me so far doesn't fill me with faith that it's going to treat me well in the future, so I'm hardly inclined to put in more Zen. It's weird. I'm a guy with plenty of money and very little time. You'd think I'd be the kind of customer they'd be courting, but instead they seem to want to push me away.

On the other hand...my pets are approaching max level from all that Sword Coasting. It should be fun to run around with a level 30-something character and max-level pets.
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    This is NOT true. Buying a Greater bag from Zen store costs 1000z -> 500K AD.
    Buying from AH, less than 500K AD.

Yes, thank you. Much more succinct than my response.
    edited May 2015
    The only thing that's saving the game at this point is that I have that artifact that lets me summon a shopkeeper every five minutes. That is definitely NOT the artifact I would have picked if the game wasn't trying its hardest to keep me from buying extra bag space.

I assume you use the shopkeeper so that you can sell the extra junk to him.
    If so, you did not have to use the shopkeeper, you can use the web browser to access gateway and sell the junk to the vendor that way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    I have been monitoring the price of the Greater bag in AH for a long while.
    I always bought extra one for my new "main" if the price is right.

Since I started to monitor the price, the Greater Bag was always cheaper in AH than Zen store until about 2 months before Mod 6 came.
    For some reason, there were a rush to get the Greater bag and the price raised way above the Zen store price.
    After mod 6 arrived, because of the bound to char (from no bound) issue + a bigger bag is now available, there has been a fire sale of Greater Bag.
    Right now, the price of Greater Bag is around 420K AD. [It was as low as 320K AD when I bought mine in mod 4/5 time].

If one wants a bag today, one should buy it from AH.
    edited May 2015
    Good to know. I haven't looked at them in ages and my knowledge was based on times when there was markup.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited May 2015
    Good to know. I haven't looked at them in ages and my knowledge was based on times when there was markup.

Yes, we always need to check the price between game store, Zen store and AH.
    For example, I bought out a GMoP from AH for 85K last night.

The "sucker" AH price is always higher than the game store price 100K AD.
    For something like MoP, the AH price is lower than the game store price.
    Price changes everyday though. Hence, always need to check before committing the transaction.
    edited May 2015
    I actually would check prior to buying a bag myself, but I do apologize for making the assumption here.

Neverwinter Census 2017