test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to neverwinter?

1235»

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The BIS of NW are obvious cheats. The cost for r12s and 4 mythics exceeds a thousand dollars. Who is crazy enough to spend that kinda loot?lol

Some might be cheats. Some BIS players I know for years and I think, their gear is neither paid nor earned. Most BIS or near BIS players I know either paid crazy ammounts of money, farmed and played for years, work with leadership armies, craft and sell things, earn AD by buying and selling things or 'inherited' enchants/ AD from players who stopped playing.

I could have one BIS char without a problem. I have 5 chars with R8-R11 enchants, min epic artefact gear and artefacts, some legendary and mystic. I play since beta, I farmed CN, DK etc., I have 8 chars with leadersip 20+, I buy cheap and sell later with a profit, I craft epic gear and sell it and I 'inherited' enchants and stuff from friends who stopped playing. No xxxx$ spent or exploits.

I 'LOVE' this posts from ppl who play a few month and claim, that everyone with better gear is either p2w or an exploiter.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The BIS of NW are obvious cheats. The cost for r12s and 4 mythics exceeds a thousand dollars. Who is crazy enough to spend that kinda loot?lol

You are right anyone who pays that kind of money to refine their gear is a fool, as are the people who think that is what RP in the game actually costs.
    A mythic costs 3.16 mil AD to make today (using 22k/each stacks of r5s and including the cost of GMOPS).
    A r12 costs 2.487 mil AD to make today (using 22k/each stacks of r5s and including the cost of GMOPS).

For a player who is established in the game these are not overly large costs. and the costs are even less during a double RP even assuming one is intelligent enough to buy and save RP. And as tousseau says, you can craft your own RP for using in leveling artifacts without much trouble as well
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • bushman1414bushman1414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    It really isn't that unrealisticto achieve, when you concider that 20 dragon hoards or fey blessing enchantments are worth 1 mil RP on a x2 refining weekend...
    I dont argue... Dragon Hoards was allready used farm and that gave big advantage, CatUrDay -happened and so on... we old players has benefits paid or not, for fresh NewComers 20x Dragon Hoards as million RP is quite far away.

Game content except old T2 dungeons with boosted mobs are now easy play after I upgraded gear to Mythic/Pure/rank11 etc.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    20 dragon hoards is 20 days of effort on a single toon at less then 30 minutes a day, during which you can be getting other RP from drops ect. if you have 2 toons you can make 2 per day. and you can make fey blessings each week as well. it takes some work but isn't bad, of course a person is far better off selling all the dragon hoards they make and buying stacks of R4s or R5s instead if they want RP
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • lpac98lpac98 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally I am managing to get through the later content - Fixing the Lag in Spinward did help quite a bit.
    However, I am not saying this is down to me being a Great Player - I have bought Quite a lot of the Packs and Have some decent Account-wide unlocks that certainly do help (Companions like a Purple Dire-Wolf and a Blue Erinyes certainly do help - Especially up to level 60).

On the whole I agree it is probably on a bit of the Too Hard side - Mainly because of the Enemy Overwhelming mob mechanics (which to me tend to be more on the time consuming and tedious side Rather than Challenging) and the ease of Which you seem to aggro other Mobs that at first seem nowhere near you. As I said before - I am managing to deal with it even the unexpected Pulls - but Part of it could be the Fact that my first Character that I levelled through Elemental Evil was My best Geared GF and the Character that I am Levelling Now is a Light Specced Devoted Paladin with some decent account unlocks and other stuff like Dragon Bone Gear left to her by my other alts. But I can see on the other hand for Newer players or lesser resourced characters that things like this will seem Frustratingly Unfair (and this is content that is not supposed to require teaming - yes teaming will make it Easier - but teaming will ALWAYS make things easier no Matter how powerful you are due to the nature of what teaming is).

The Funny Thing is - My biggest frustration with the Game is the 'Feel' of it after Lev 60. as some have alluded to Earlier it just seems ridiculous that your Stats seem to Go Down every level after Level 60 - I understand that the Stat curves needed to be rebalanced as a more consistent, manageable baseline for future content going Forward but I think that more time should have been taken before they implemented this fix. I would have rather them have added absolutely no new content in an update and just would have spent the resource in working out the stat curve from level 1 to level 70 and implementing it once they have worked out how your stats actually improve as you increase level from 1 - 70 - Where you get you best stats at Level 70 and then Rebalancing the Game around that.

I would have much rather them had rebalanced the gear -Even if they had to somewhat 'Blanket Stat' the Various Tiers of gear in the transitional Phase -

As I said - this is a personal opinion - but I feel that in any Game that has levels or progression - that the vast majority of a Characters stats of effectiveness HAS to come from the Character level - that to me is too fundamental to mess with. You have to have a steady increase in stats from lowest to highest level. No matter how you rationalise it -it just cannot feel right for me (for instance) to go from 50% damage resistance at lev 60 to 28% damage resistance at level 61 - Funny thing is - I would have no issue with going from 25% DR at level 60 to 28% DR at 61 - the funny thing its ....it is simply the regression rather than the actual stat that really irks me.... :)

For me Cryptic have to work out the level Progression where you improve every level from lev 1 to lev 70 and Ultimately balance the game around that (even if it is changing the lev 1- lv 60 content) Only after this will they have a true Baseline to freely add additional levels beyond 70 without this issue.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my case it wasn't one big specific thing. It was an overall erosion of trust with the development team and the publisher. So many little things over time. As funny as it may seem, it was the change in the way Backpacks were handled that broke the camel's back for me. I wholly get that it was a business decision and that "my game experience may change at any time." But after everything else, this was just one change in experience too many. This is just no longer a game that I can invest money, and more importantly time, in. Loved my time here. Loved the look, loved the combat, enjoyed the community and liked the pacing.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    In my case it wasn't one big specific thing. It was an overall erosion of trust with the development team and the publisher. So many little things over time. As funny as it may seem, it was the change in the way Backpacks were handled that broke the camel's back for me. I wholly get that it was a business decision and that "my game experience may change at any time." But after everything else, this was just one change in experience too many. This is just no longer a game that I can invest money, and more importantly time, in. Loved my time here. Loved the look, loved the combat, enjoyed the community and liked the pacing.

You and me both mate, shame it's come to this but, hey there's plenty of other mmo's out there just waiting for our dosh. ;)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You couldn't be more wrong. Who is crazy enough to spend that kinda loot? I guess I am. In fact, add a zero to it. Some of us simply have lots of disposable income.

Be glad. Something has to keep the lights on at Cryptic.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kalindra wrote: »
    No, just a handfull of exploiters who take an eLOL scorpion down in less than 5 seconds or spam dailies every 5 seconds, or similar.
    Plus an even smaller group of chars buffed to the ears with 3.5+ IS.

Average players can barely take on T1, even if they endure the wait, read chat, get kicked - routine for hours.

No strathegy will save your *** if your system never shows voids at all, or your see on screen what the server delivered several seconds ago, or if you simply freeze in mid combat for many seconds, or you never dodge normal attacks since you just can't see them coming at 5 fps, or the void is drawn, but damage happens somewhere else.
    That's what a crappy client, lousy hosting and lame server does for you.

I disagree. I have read what some others have posted about working together on new strategies. Sure, it is not the majority, but I still see a lot of players active in the game. I have personally seen several GWFs wipe-out Cloud Giants in seconds.

I never experience lag in regular gameplay - can't speak for group dungeons because I only run those rarely anymore.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited May 2015
    lpac98 wrote: »
    As I said - this is a personal opinion - but I feel that in any Game that has levels or progression - that the vast majority of a Characters stats of effectiveness HAS to come from the Character level - that to me is too fundamental to mess with. You have to have a steady increase in stats from lowest to highest level. No matter how you rationalise it -it just cannot feel right for me (for instance) to go from 50% damage resistance at lev 60 to 28% damage resistance at level 61 - Funny thing is - I would have no issue with going from 25% DR at level 60 to 28% DR at 61 - the funny thing its ....it is simply the regression rather than the actual stat that really irks me.... :)

For me Cryptic have to work out the level Progression where you improve every level from lev 1 to lev 70 and Ultimately balance the game around that (even if it is changing the lev 1- lv 60 content) Only after this will they have a true Baseline to freely add additional levels beyond 70 without this issue.

Yes, the stats progression is pretty messy from levels 60-70. This looks like it was hastily implemented, probably due to the push to release the module.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I have personally seen several GWFs wipe-out Cloud Giants in seconds.

GWFs are getting their turn as like-unto-gods, even at a modest gear level. Watching a GWF in action gives no perspective on how gameplay is for any other class right now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2015
    GWFs are getting their turn as like-unto-gods, even at a modest gear level. Watching a GWF in action gives no perspective on how gameplay is for any other class right now.

LOL, that is true. However, my TR didn't do too badly either, but was not quite the DPS machine that the GWF is currently. My CW can do damage, but dies more frequently due to being a bit too squishy.

• k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And don't get me started on the server - what other online service in the last decade still has or had a weekly service downtime of several hours???

You mean besides most MMOs I play? Those tend to have few hours of regularly scheduled maintenance every week so, yeah.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    European customers regular get lats of 500+ due to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hosting behind the 2nd rate atlas.congentco Service (cryptic probably goes cheap again and doesn't pay up for premium service like netflix and others do with their providers); we have no problems at all with any game that offers european servers, Little with asian or east coast servers, mostly still acceptable with some west coast outfits, deaster at cryptic.
    And don't get me started on the server - what other online service in the last decade still has or had a weekly service downtime of several hours???
    I live in the UK and I don't get pings/latency of anything like that number. Maybe the problem is closer to home?

And every single MMO I have ever played had regular weekly maintenances of between 1 and 3 hours on average. Mostly this is to upload a new patch. So I have no idea what point you are trying to make there.

This is not to say that the Cryptic servers are without issues - far from it - but try sticking to valid complaints. Lord knows there's plenty of material available.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • faxquofaxquo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [QUOTE=kalindra;11083811 I still play a little with my low toons, follow chat and TS and wait for a change in community climate or an addition in solo game and storyline, but most of my guildmates and ingame friends are less patient and long gone to games where playing still means fun and not work against unsurmountable obstacles (and one gets the impression the dev team still takes pride and resonsibility in their work).

But enough ranting, ...time to do my professions, pray with my chars and then to playing another game.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with you more ... my friends have let in droves all I have left for entertainment here is to do my professions since all my characters including the paladin is at lvl 70 and has all 5 boons in every campaign.

I am not interested in repeating epic dungeon runs with players I don't know and who only want me in the party if I know the latest glitch or exploit so that the run is actually do-able. Give me back some solo-able content to get seals if they want my continued participation. I have already found other games just as if not more enjoyable ... all that is lacking there are my long time friends who have left and will only return if and when this game returns to the "enjoyable" side of gaming.
    edited May 2015
    I live in the UK

Not like that counts as European anyway. :v
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I disagree. I have read what some others have posted about working together on new strategies. Sure, it is not the majority, but I still see a lot of players active in the game. I have personally seen several GWFs wipe-out Cloud Giants in seconds.

I never experience lag in regular gameplay - can't speak for group dungeons because I only run those rarely anymore.

Nobody ever said there was lag outside of dungeons. A few times I saw it in Well of Dragons but I just moved instances. You can't move instancesin a dungeon. And no its not my side, its not an ISP between me and the cryptic servers. Its hardware restraints cause they added waaaay more content than their hardware could handle. Just imagine if they hadn't taken out all of the dungeons. Instead of just Malabog and shores being the joke we all know they are, 6 or 7 dungeons would be sharing that hardware and we'd be saying its alot worse. Malabog and shores doesnn't work 99% of the time, valindra and Elol typically only work when the dragon heralds and tiamat are not being fought. You do the math.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    You couldn't be more wrong. Who is crazy enough to spend that kinda loot? I guess I am. In fact, add a zero to it. Some of us simply have lots of disposable income.

Be glad. Something has to keep the lights on at Cryptic.

None of us are glad.
    Most of us don't want those lights on anymore.

>inb4 more middle-school dropout "cs keeps the game alive" garbage
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited May 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    None of us are glad.
    Most of us don't want those lights on anymore.

Is that the royal plural or do you just have multiple personality disorder?
  • equality00equality00 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I read through 10 pages before replying...

I started playing Neverwinter over a month ago so Mod 6 is all I know. I was shocked, I must say at the difficulty of regular mobs even at the early levels. It's not like I don't have experience with MMO's, I've been playing mainly MMo's for over a decade now. I did find it a challenge in the beginning levels but I learned how to adapt and overcome the difficulty (people are correct, it IS difficult). Honestly though, most MMO's are so easy in regards to 'the grind' that there is hardly any worry about dying in regular daily content. Neverwinter keeps me on my toes even in regular open world content. To me at least, it was a refreshing change of pace from what I have been accustomed to.

Do I think it's a little harder than it should be? Yes, without a doubt. If it wasn't for the double XP week that allowed me to out level most of the content I was on I may have stopped playing. It's not due to my lack of skill or understanding of the game, the dial has been turned a little too much towards the elitist IMO. It's almost like they are trying to force you to group to play the game (or buy what you need). I know if I run into a large mob over my level without a Companion out I'm more than likely toast.

Don't get me wrong, the challenge is refreshing for a seasoned MMO player but I can't honestly see a new MMO player wanting to continue if NW was the first MMO they played. At least not at that current level of difficulty. It's not 'fun' to die a lot either. Yes players want a challenge but there is a fine line between fun and challenging, this game is slightly over that line IMO. I don't suggest a big roll back of difficulty, easy is boring as heck but maybe something in between where we are and where it was. Meet in the middle.

I was shocked to see so very few Dungeons as well being that this is DUNGEONS and Dragons. Dragon's, check Dungeon's, not so much. That did have me asking myself WTH? After reading I understand that there were many more Dungeons and Mod6 changed that as well. Now that should be changed and ASAP. Hello a Dungeons and Dragons MMO with very few actual Dungeons? Come on now, even a beginning developer should know better than that.

On to one of my biggest complaints, the texture loading 'bug'. I spent nearly 2 grand build my gaming PC and I have to hit 'escape' so many times a play session that it's getting quite ridiculous. NO GAME that has been out for two years should have this kind of issue. Even a new one shouldn't (IMO), a $2000 PC has 'texture loading' issues...

The $ sink I actually expected coming in knowing in advance it was F2P and even the software was free. Do I think the Zen Market is overpriced, without a doubt. Compared to the other MMO's with a cash shop I have played, Neverwinter is by far the most costly of them. I believe they would/could make more $ if the cost was lowered on almost all the items in the market. Is it better to sell a few at a high cost or more items at a lower one?

There you have it, the thought of a 'new' player that started with Mod6. I know it's just one opinion and other new players may feel completely the opposite of me but at least you have the opinion of one of us... ;-).

I do enjoy the game or else I wouldn't still be playing but I know there are obvious issue with it as well. Anyone that has played any MMO can and will see them. Most are not as forgiving as I tend to be.
  • ggedamedggedamed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The funny thing is that I started to spend more time in the forums than in the game itself. I enter and search for ways to cope with the actual content of the game, but all I'm finding are more reasons to not start the game at all.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ggedamed wrote: »
    The funny thing is that I started to spend more time in the forums than in the game itself. I enter and search for ways to cope with the actual content of the game, but all I'm finding are more reasons to not start the game at all.

I only log in after patches to see if they have:

A) brought back all the dungeons they removed for no reason(like normal dungeons we have now are balanced I sneeze on the bosses and they die)

B) Fixed the broken netcode that magically only appears when players are fighting the bosses that spawn chests(because this is every single dev giving their customers the middle finger)

C) Toned down Daily content in the previous campaigns like IWD/DR/Shar so that people who are not able to self heal themselves don't have to stalk a tank or healer around piggybacking daily quests.

D) Malabog's Castle.....just wrong, so wrong. Remove it if its broken don't sit there and leave it in the queue taking up space yall know the completion rate is 0%.

Their "network" upgrade did nothing for rubberbanding, their change to IWD heroics only spread the NONSENSE lag of Well of dragons into the second most important area to do daily tasks in only in IWD the lag is nonstop instead of just the last 15 minutes of the hour.

In closing I leave you with just one word......

Prism
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Things are better

I am encouraged

Urlord
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equality00 wrote: »
    On to one of my biggest complaints, the texture loading 'bug'. I spent nearly 2 grand build my gaming PC and I have to hit 'escape' so many times a play session that it's getting quite ridiculous. NO GAME that has been out for two years should have this kind of issue. Even a new one shouldn't (IMO), a $2000 PC has 'texture loading' issues...

No joke on this. This is something that seemed to be introduced in mod 3 I think it was, and they have never fixed it.
    Turn off Shadows and it helps a lot.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equality00 wrote: »

I refer to an older post..
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?918971-3-mods-and-the-graphical-glitches-are-still-not-fixed&p=10827061&viewfull=1#post10827061

I too built 2 rigs around Christmas. One for me and one for my wife.
    Searched for a fix and this one seems to help.
  • catakillscatakills Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im new here and I'm finding out that I started at the worst time in the game. Only 3 dungeons are open and I have no idea where to get T1 gear since you need to farm the closed dungeons. If anyone has any tips please let me know.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    Things are better

I am encouraged

Urlord

IMHO funny stuff is happening. But at least SOMEthing is happening...

...encouraged I'm not. Plus side: It becomes apparent that work is done. At the current speed and hit/miss-ratio I'd guesstimate the whole shebang will run as it should in Spring or Summer 2016. But in between, a new, ambitious module shaill be released, and... ...oh well.

---off-topic
    catakills wrote: »
    Im new here and I'm finding out that I started at the worst time in the game. Only 3 dungeons are open and I have no idea where to get T1 gear since you need to farm the closed dungeons. If anyone has any tips please let me know.

...you're referring to T1 from pre-Mod-6, referring to that from an old guide, probably.

Press [Ctrl]+[J] and look at the bottom panesl - Alliance gear. To be found in epic Lair of Loatmauth (eLoL), Valindra's Tower (eVT), or Malabog's Castle (eMC). The latter is often or always bugged, IIRC. So, which ever way, most people going after T1 gear are just running eLoL over and over and over until they have the two Items that can be found there and the 1200 Seals to buy the other two parts. Once per day you get a high amount (80, IIRC) from the chest and all other times you get a few Seals from each of the bosses, and can get a few more if you fling out 5k AD for the chest key. to get Seals, Kessel's Retreat skirmish works, too, AFAIK no unlock needed anymore - I could go there with my then IwD-naive Paladin.

Bring enough injury kits, though... ...and some few hundred gold for more. And some frustration tolerance. Or four competent and experienced guildies... ...it's not really easy.