test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 6 is bigger disaster even than Module 5.

pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello everyone, I am Beta player who was playing all the time this game (ofc with breaks), but last Module 5,6 was really disaster. I am mostly PvP player, but I like all these campaigns and PvE zones. When Module 6 was announced, I thought this will be best Module ever. But I was very wrong.
Firstly, it's like playing Beta game. It's boring, have a lot of bugs and beta players don't have nothing to do, just go pvp and farm refining stones. Moreover, I see many players started leaving this game. They want some changes, but if developers want to do some modifications, they should do it full. Now mostly as I can see players can't do even simple eCC dungeons. These dungeons are very hard if you don't have good gears. And still we need to use glitches, bugs to complete these dungeons. Temple of tiamat, which should be hardest dung have rewards which we mostly can get much easier than completing that insane, almost impossible dungeon. Yes, we have destroyed Tiamat once or two, but what we get ? Just ***** items which most of the players already have.
In conclusion I want to say that developers should start to think about PvP too, it have same flag capture maps from beta and old pvp zone(IWD), where mostly PvE players go to just complete their quests and gain some Black Ice. I think Developers should do something like tournaments with good rewards for 1,2,3 places and ofc for 1-10, 10-100, 100-1000 and 1000-5000 players. But how to involve PvE players too ? Developers should give these places not who have most wins, but by points which we get with kills, assists and capturing flags. Rewards should be giving every week and these rewards should be useful for every1 + worth of playing PvP. This idea, which I got from my friend who already quit this game, would give more chances to earn some good items (which should too be BoE) and start again playing PvP for real and not by leaving game if teams is unbalance, but trying to capture flag. I think it would help a bit with that problem, who are leaving PvP just becouse their tm sck. Sorry for bad english lanuage (it's my third lanuage) and thank you for reading this. (It's just an idea so you can add something more or criticize it)
Post edited by pauliusxas on

Comments

• Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1.6k IL dont mean u all need to be 1.6k IL. Only means that lowest player ( the one u carry) need to be 1.6k

If u r beta player, just like me, u remember how hard dungs were back there. Most of ppl cheated (jumping over edges, climbing on colums, old players know what dungs and where) and even then karru could take 2h.

We have restarted our eq thanks to new lvl, but we r not new players, in first days we had here ppl running with 4k+, and 2k+ for some1 who spend here at least 2 mods wasynt a problem at all. If u r new player, well better get a guild, u will need anyway for new mod, and ask them to carry u.

Why crybabies posts always sounds like all players in party can only have 1.6k IL max?

That said i see no problem for party with 4 players around 2k and 1 player with 1.6k (well may be a problem if that 1.6k is a stonehead tank, and dc is weak too) to end any of dungeons. Will take a bit coz of lack of dps, but its doable. I know, coz i was running dungs on 1.8k (and she was "fresh" one).

Most of the time, there is no problem in IL, problem is how ppl play they toons, which i said many time, and since ppl here cleary r stoneheaded, i need to say this again.

Bad player will always search for excuses.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1.6k IL dont mean u all need to be 1.6k IL. Only means that lowest plaer ( the one u carry) need to be 1.6k
    Nope. If a dungeon is labelled as suitable for 1.6k then a party of all 1.6k characters should be able to complete it if they have the right party composition and tactics.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fixed lack of difficulty
    added new class
    tanks and healers finally have a place in dungeons
    in the process of adding meaningful rewards to daily quests
    fixed problem with about anybody with decent gear being capped in about any stat that has diminishing returns
    gave a reason to finally do the dungeons(there was no reason to do that in mod 5, mod2 dungeons were useless past mod3)

but yeah a disaster because you cant facetank everything ...
    Nope. If a dungeon is labelled as suitable for 1.6k then a party of all 1.6k characters should be able to complete it if they have the right party composition and tactics.

hmm not many ppl cried about ppl asking for 15k+ for 8k dungeons

and 1.6k is enough for t1, IF you know how to play, if it says 1.6k it doesnt mean every dumbass with random trash gear that somehow makes 1.6k ilvl should be able to do it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eCC is meant to be played by veteran players, not returning people with lvl 60 gear. Try item level 1600 dungeons if you want something easier.

We've had an announcement about strongholds lately. I suspect that the new pvp mode is a battleground (at least I hope it is). PvP is getting attention but since it's not as popular as pve it takes even more time...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm already 1.8k, I rarely complete dungeons but even when I complete I do it with stress, not fun. So I tend to run very few of them.

thats your fault not the dungeons isnt it ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the "bigger disaster" about the difficult is not what are done, but how fast are done. BIG abrupt changes= "trauma". if happens in game sequences of the same franchise...

rp/set parts are bad choice that start now to be changed. the lag, of course, dont need explain.

about the difficult: seens good if the devs start to think about something like +/- a extra revive cooldown if at least one party member still alive:rolleyes: (or the party leader:rolleyes:).
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a lot of bickering around these parts, but the clear consensus seems to be an agreement that yes, this module is pretty awful.

NWO's previous modules may have had a sort of lacklusterness about them, but Module 6 basically traded that in for raw frustration. I mean, Dark Souls is a good game for people who like that kind of thing, but that sort of person was never NWO's target audience before, so why should anyone think appealing to the High Difficulty crowd is going to work now?

I don't know. Maybe there's some market research suggesting that the High Difficulty crowd is the group of people more likely to buy Zen. Personally, I don't bother with any of the group content, and put myself through the slog that was leveling up to 70 and getting my artifact weapon, so now it's just back to professions. That's fine by me, but they also have some major holes in how the professions work, which is quite the drag.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I remember during module 5. People were complaining about how bad module 5 was. One of the responses to that was that they'd made module 5 with basically a skeleton crew, and pulled people aside to make module 6 -- which would be their "biggest module yet."

Maybe they'll break that trend with module 7. Or maybe module 7 will feature a recycled Reclamation Rock as the stronghold.

They where nearly right with Mod 6, just a few letters out - "biggest muddle yet"
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This module was released 6 months before it should have, its clearly untested and unfinished. with only 6 dungeons and also un-changed items from previous modules, where 3 of these dungeons are too hard for more than 95% of the population, that only leaves 3 dungeons left for "regular" players to do, which really means 1 because you just do the easiest for the same loot. stripped away many of the activities from the previous modules.

I'm all for redesign, but redesign it first before putting out this pre-alpha version of what is intended.

To those who say "the difficulity is fine". well when so many players cannot experience this content when there is so little then it is a problem. If they wanted to just release 6 dungeons, thats fine but each should have had their own loot and all the bosses (before last boss) should have been reworked. Also T1s and T2s should be giving the same iLevel but different pieces. For example T1s gave you boots, gloves, accessories. T2 gave you chest/helmet, T3 gave artifacts. This is what you went wrong the first time around with the t1/t2 sets, and here again 2 years later you repeat the same mistake.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    No, don't think so. Never had a problem with epics in Mod 5 except Dread Vault.

nobody had problems with dungeons at mod5, they were solo content then, that is why they fixed the dungeons

and ppl did dread vault solo while you had problems with it in a party https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=epic+drea+vault+solo

so guess where the problem lies ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Solo content is good. I just ran a Dread Ring dungeon today. I felt that it was about the right level of challenge-but I'm wielding some decent gear (not top tier, but definitely better than the greens that players can get from fighting monsters), so I question what less geared characters would be able to do.

Also I'm a CW. So I dunno.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Solo content is good. I just ran a Dread Ring dungeon today. I felt that it was about the right level of challenge-but I'm wielding some decent gear (not top tier, but definitely better than the greens that players can get from fighting monsters), so I question what less geared characters would be able to do.

Also I'm a CW. So I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwFewrDfvLY and that is how i run it(rings were upgrading) :D

imho there shouldnt be many problems with getting gear for new ppl once the ilvl 120 stuff goes live, most qq is from ppl who dont bother gearing up - like somebody running IWD in greens and crying about difficulty when it would cost 1 days worth of invoking to buy full blue set from AH
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Legendary Equipment? Want clapping?
    A guild is an eterogenous place, you must invite your guildmates even if they don't have uber super equipment. I have understood that you are a pay per win person but 1. I'm not (I pay mostly for aesthetics and for a bunch of AD) 2. I enjoy the company of mine friends, the richer and the lesser, in dungeon runs. And we deserve to have fun.

if u look up there should be videos of ppl doing solo CN with 13k gs, so its not a gear issue, but keep believing that gear = everything and everybody whos better than you is either a wallet warrior, or a botter if that helps you sleep at night

and whats stopping you ? make a party and run t1, its not hard if u actually follow what the mobs are doing and know the strategy, instead of running around like a bunch of headless chicken. do you think ppl who solo it just waltzed in and did it solo ? they spent many hours running the dungeons and learning them, why do you feel entitled of having everything now and for free ?

kessels is easy, so is eSoT if you dont kill the drakes at last boss, lostmauth isnt much different than in mod4, just higher numbers, scorps might be harder, but if u kite one its nothing hard, VT is much easier than it was in mod2 since valindra can be burned down faster without worrying about casks in last stage

stop worrying about other ppl wallets, everything in game can be gained by simply playing the game.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Make the epic dungeons mobs do far less damage and I will complain less. Moreover final bosses are too much tough, they must be nerfed. Even things like the two scoprions are a pain... a challenge is ok but they are NOT for 1.6k players.

give me a 1600 item level guardian figther and i will tank the scorpions without death thanks.
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the players like myself that have no use for others stupid you tube videos? What fun is in that? When did needing to watch video's become a part of being able to play a game that we have been playing for so long? Been playing D&D since the 70's now thinking back to those table top days and what we did to play this game before there was a you tube. And why is it that the "TROLLS" always say that the only thing wrong is that you the player are the problem and not the game? Now look at the poll numbers with about 85% of the people who came and voted say's it's the games fault .But to listen to you "TROLLS" this is wrong?

I want to be able to play the game that I have been playing for over 2 years now. With this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they removed that .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron