test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.1

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    essenti wrote: »
    Cryptic just can't win. First everyone jumps all over them for not keeping us informed... and now they get jumped on for providing information too soon.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to these changes. I'll check them out on the test server. Thanks for the update, Strumslinger.

I agree that I'm looking forward to those changes, and even more changes beyond that! However, if they are not implementing this patch, what are they doing now that the servers are down this week?? At this time, you cannot log in, yet there is no information on this week's patch.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we have AoS back? You know the whole class feature that dissappeared after last patch? When you 're-set' the server can we re-set it to before the last patch. I'm OK with ALW not working I will trade it for AoS actually existing and haveing an in-game effect. OR hey we'll just make it fair and remove the best class feature from every class. I vot for EoTS never proccing how long would it take to fix that?
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about multiple justice OP prism's bringing the server to a crawl?? Will that ever get fixed? It's getting frustrating.

I can do without dailies in the open game world but this doesn't work when there are 2 justice OP's in a 5 man dungeon. Having both justice tank and heal, we have to deal with server crushing lag and FPS drop or one of the OP's have to forgo a daily. That is not an ideal way to "band-aid" this problem.

I love prism but seriously, for the cherry on top of the cake, add in vow of enmity and bond of virtue, this is astral seal fiasco version 2.0. I don't even want to know what Tiamat will be like.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ndiov wrote: »
    " Resolved an issue wherein some crafted shirts and pants were granting more stats than expected."
    Which ones?!?

Anything where you saw 300+ to a single stat, pretty much for sure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2015
    Guys, there is no patch this week. And while I'm disappointed because I wanted to take advantage of some of these scheduled changes, it is possible that they'll manage to sneak a few more fixes into the build when they do push a patch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• borealis01borealis01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linaduin wrote: »
    I agree with you but I found the screw up over Serpent particularly painful. The patches should make things better not worse. I can be patient and wait for them to fix things - I get it's not that easy. But one step forward and two steps back? That was so exasperating!

Not to mention Serpent's Bile was also broken not giving the damage/crit it should give, if you're playing trapper it's completely hindering your dps; also the nerf on gushing wounds and lost set is horrid merely a punishment lol
  • datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not to mention switftness of the fox often failing in combat, Lostmauth's vengeance not working with rain of arrows and armor penetration STILL not working with roots - oh, and the nerf to hoard enchantments that over 90% of players who have an opinion find offensive.
    And the absurd difficulty of t2 dungeons.

+1
    #100percent
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    This would be an excellent live stream event! Could you guys run 25 people at exactly 1800 IL in Tiamat on live stream! It would be interesting to see if it could actually be done by 25 people with 1800 IL.

I would also love to see you run all the tier 2 dungeons on live stream with the recommended IL and see if it is possible to do them legit no shortcuts or bugs!

Oh please, yes on this. I dont watch your live streams because they are generally boring but THIS would be a treat to watch. I want to see this.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    And are probably testing on a locally-hosted development server with negligible network latency. That might explain why eLoL is so frustrating in the real world.

That is not the case... as you would presume.

eLol is frustrating for many reasons one of which is a discovery, as I am sure many of us have, that there may be an AI involved with the bosses. There is no expected events that will occur, save Lostmauth taking off at 50%. My guildies and I realized this while noticing all of the differences between various daily runs in eLoL and in KR, eCC however does not seem to have this AI. The other epics I have not been in, so I would not know about that.

What that would mean is that if you choose to farm eLol you will not get the same result, unless you are very well geared. I have seen Lotsmauth shoot lasers immediately and I have seen him never use them. I have seen rocks miss but launch people into the molten gold. I have seen him drop 50% in a minute or so... to wipe us when he comes back. I have run eLol about 20 times... since mod 6... it has never been the same.
    There were times where I have seen the scorps kill everyone in a minute or less... and at times I have seen them 3 members take them both down. One time I even watched as my Priestess of Sune companion... I will just say I have seen some crazy stuff happen since Mod 6 came out.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just have to say one thing about people whinging about their broken feats...

I have yet to see a Exec TR begging for the SoD bug to be fixed. You don't see CW's complaining about broken stuff... oh wait... nothing is broken on the CW.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another great set of pending changes, particularly the additions of rp rewards to the 3 lvl70 campaign areas. I will be farming HEs in IWD for the forseeable... My mainhand and neck still need another few levels before orange. ;)

And though I hate to end on a needy note, please add a little love to HR roots by fixing arpen applications, I have arpen gushing from every gap in my gear, and yet still the WoD mobs laugh at my puny damage.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nobody seems to be talking about the great changes they are making to how one can get RP. I love that the other zones are handing out RP and that dragon hoard enchants etc. are restricted. It limits botting. Plus that you can get level 120 gear through the campaigns is useful as well for charactes levelling up and not wanting to PVP.
    Sure, there's more to fix and it'd have been good to make some fixes this week (apologies if I missed that as there appeared to have been a patch). Please continue to make progress and to communicate with us more.
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Next week? :( I was looking forward to doing some refining.

This is worse than knowing what your getting for Christmas but, your parents making you wait on Santa Clause.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Next week? :( I was looking forward to doing some refining.

This is worse than knowing what your getting for Christmas but, your parents making you wait on Santa Clause.

Nice long weekend too that I had hoped to play but alas
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was really excited about this update because it gave me a reason to log in again because of the NERF of the Dragon Hoard Enchantments i had no real reason to farm and only doing dungeons for a bit better gear was not fun. (Especially with the increased difficulty and if a lagg hits you in the middle of a boss fight your whole group wiped).

Now no patch, no reason again to log in... sad.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    EDIT: Is this the PC version or Xbox One version?
  • galadridgaladrid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the amounts of lag that never got fixed? esot is unplayable and elol is all lag spikes!
    Intel Core i7 2600K, MSI P67A-GD80 B3, Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4Gb, 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600, CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced, Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler, Corsair CMXAF2 Fan, Corsair TX850 v2, Razer Blackwidow, Razer Taipan, Steelpad 4S, Samsung SMS24A350H
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    theapostle wrote: »
    EDIT: Is this the PC version or Xbox One version?

EKSBAWKS has its own subforum, and a dedicated sub-subforum therein for patchnotes. Please pay more attention.
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    EKSBAWKS has its own subforum, and a dedicated sub-subforum therein for patchnotes. Please pay more attention.

Yeah. It's just never updated. >_>

Anyway, I just want the Dungeon Master achievement fixed on Xbox One.
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What was the issue with the OP Aura of Solutide exactly? I've used it but never realized it was broken...
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Update: but we'll provide more information later.
    Come on, we're later already....
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess since it's delayed you might wanna add a fix for Dragon near insta-kills.
    However they do it, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Or series of them.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I just have to say one thing about people whinging about their broken feats...

I have yet to see a Exec TR begging for the SoD bug to be fixed. You don't see CW's complaining about broken stuff... oh wait... nothing is broken on the CW.

I don't think the SoD thing is a bug i think its a ninja nerf, as it used to behave this way on mod 5 preview during the early patches.
    Still sucks.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    still waiting for you guys to fix the ancient roots paragon feat for the HR's.... I've been requesting this for a long time now... I have posted a thread alsawong with video showing that it is not working properly.. agian here is the link...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?866741-Bug-Report-HR-Rooting-duration-not-working-correctly&highlight=roots+duration

could we PLEASE get this fixed...

Going on 2 months of requesting and posting every week in the patch notes now..

To the Devs..
    We all kno you guys are very busy and even rememder reading somewhere in the past threads that we should report this problems and they would be addressed.. stay patient and you guys would get to it.. sometimes it takes a few weeks..

Well, it's been 2 months and many bug reports ingame since i posted this issue without a single dev reply in the patch notes or to my original thread started back in March about or even a "We will look into it..,"
    Just please give us some kind of progess on this issue..,
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I don't think the SoD thing is a bug i think its a ninja nerf, as it used to behave this way on mod 5 preview during the early patches.
    Still sucks.

It only procs during stealth, before this module it would proc out of stealth. So yeah, ninja nerfed. All good though, TR still does quite a bit of damage. Unfortunately it means that feat path is no longer that viable.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    no updates on patch notes in a while. my wallet's starting to rust shut again.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    They still wouldn't typically confirm a patch for Thursday until Wednesday. Any earlier in the week than that is an exception to the rule.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• laggaliciouslaggalicious Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, here we are 24 hours later and I guess we should be prepared to be underwhelmed. At best, you might see last week's yet to be executed patch applied. That won't be enough to get my wallet unstuck. Still lots of issues that aren't addressed in that patch and the 300 pound gorilla in the room, overall difficulty and stat curve, has yet to be addressed at all.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sadly, as one of those that have been waiting for the difficulty and stat curve to be addressed and not seeing one thing mentioned about either, I just hope no one is holding their breath. I want so much to be proven wrong on that account. But with announcements of 2 new mods coming, I really don't see either of them being addressed at all. It has been the biggest complaint since M6 went live and even before it went live, the devs heard about them. And just from what I read here, they were ignored. I would like to play my HR again some day. If I ever get to, who knows.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will there be a patch tomorrow 5/28/2015?
This discussion has been closed.