test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unified Elements

nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So I reached level 25 and Alchemy and I want to start making those Unified Elements but they are no where to be found on my list, I've checked the wiki and it says its a common task so it should be there all the time...
Is there any thing I'm missing to be able to make those? I am able to make Elemental Aggregate...
Any ideas?
Post edited by nuitrari on

Comments

• maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Experimentation.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How many times? I ran the 25 experimentation like 2-3 times, I know that Alchemy standards it isn't a lot but I wasn't even sure I needed to... just tried it as a shot in the dark.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm fairly sure it was the second recipe to be unlocked with experiments
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mifiisu wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it was the second recipe to be unlocked with experiments
    Yes, it's the second one, just unlocked it this morning.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's random as far as i can tell. I could swear i got it with 1st try. Dont know if there is a failure chance, but definitely at least 3 potions + UE.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maegmaag wrote: »
    It's random as far as i can tell. I could swear i got it with 1st try. Dont know if there is a failure chance, but definitely at least 3 potions + UE.

I also got it first try .. took about 15 tries to get all the other recipies though.
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nuitrari wrote: »
    How many times? I ran the 25 experimentation like 2-3 times, I know that Alchemy standards it isn't a lot but I wasn't even sure I needed to... just tried it as a shot in the dark.

It is sort of random, but basically, the rank 25 experimentation task will go away once you have unlocked all the tasks.
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unified elements should drop from ALL HEs, not just the ones in the new zone. That way we could play where we wanted and still farm what we need.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    Unified elements should drop from ALL HEs, not just the ones in the new zone. That way we could play where we wanted and still farm what we need.

Anyone know exactly which HE's give unified elements as rewards? I've done probably 50 HE's with no luck. Did crabs only about 4 times. I have 5 unified elements from random Drowned Shore vigilant quests the first 2 days after mod 6 was released. Since then, nothing. I haven't started Alchemy so that's out of the question for now. I just want to upgrade my Black Ice profession to rank 4 and get some good gear...
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Anyone know exactly which HE's give unified elements as rewards? I've done probably 50 HE's with no luck. Did crabs only about 4 times. I have 5 unified elements from random Drowned Shore vigilant quests the first 2 days after mod 6 was released. Since then, nothing. I haven't started Alchemy so that's out of the question for now. I just want to upgrade my Black Ice profession to rank 4 and get some good gear...
    What -quests can drop Unified Elements as reward?

Im interested to get light on this, even that I can get all "Unified Elements" via AH, I still more likely grind them if there is source, but 4x ZONE + multiple Vigiliant -quests etc. is pointless "Trash Farming".

Anyway, positive thing is rank5 -enchants what seems to have better droprate now.
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i've been going to all zones twice a day to check all the quests for unified element rewards, but haven't seen any in 2 weeks....have they removed it from the rewards? how do i get more unified elements ? ( i don't wanna buy any)
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^^ This.
    I run through each zone , talk to all task NPCs twice a day on 2 LV 70 characters and haven't seen an aggregate once listed as a reward in two weeks and have only seen a UE offered for the Daily in the Fiery Pit. Is this working as intended ?

Do you only get the rewards (aggregate/UE) while you are levelling 60-70?
  • luskantraderluskantrader Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have also been doing exactly the same for a week straight now. Have only seen ONE single Aggregate a couple days ago.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tvcity wrote: »
    i've been going to all zones twice a day to check all the quests for unified element rewards, but haven't seen any in 2 weeks....have they removed it from the rewards? how do i get more unified elements ? ( i don't wanna buy any)

I'm starting to think they might have , I have been doing 16-20 vigilance quests a day in spinward rise every day for the past 10+ days and have only seen one aggrigate listed and no unified elements , before that they came up randomly quite often.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There was a bug, by the way - if you used those level boost items from that Alchemy event a while back to skip from lvl 24 to lvl 25, you will NOT have gotten the elemental aggregate task and more importantly, you will no longer be able to do the lvl 24 experimentation tasks to get it. Luckily, they added a 5s lvl 25 tasks that lets you get it if you happened to have missed it. I think there's only a couple tasks that give you the Unified Elements reward. You're better off making it. It takes several tries, I think it took me maybe 12 tries or so. Just do the level 25 experimentation task over and over until you get it.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tried 2-3 times - there are 4, now 5, results needed - 1st a Superior version of one of the potions used, 2nd United Elements, 3rd Superior version of the other potion used, 4th Superior Unstable Potion and 5th, which takes 5 seconds, the rest of the potions, of which there are none.
    nuitrari wrote: »
    edited May 2015
    And figure 20% or so Success.
    edited May 2015
    I must have got all of yours in Windcall Temple area as I got 3 quests that rewarded Elemental Aggregate Wednesday, May 20th.
    I have also been doing exactly the same for a week straight now. Have only seen ONE single Aggregate a couple days ago.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Should be a new task for learning missing recipes, at least there was for me.
  • gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, my question,

About "Unified Elements" via campaign is clearly answered,

There is no point to try farm them because RNG is really like cryptic_trash (funny cant use proper name for this trash).

I did got some "Unified Elements" via "slay <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mobs on this area and do it xx times" so I got quest what gave me 2x "Unified" total(two different quest) + several agregate via "Vigiliant" -quest line mixed ZONEs.

Maybe I "rinse and repeat" drowned shore to see if I get more, but other ZONES I leave out, ;).
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From a very limited sample of one, the quests that reward Elemental Aggregate or Unified Elements are not just random, but random for each character.

I was doing Spinward Rise with two characters simultaneously (best way to deal with the hourly quest rollover wait times) -- and if one of them got a quest that rewarded EAs, I would immediately switch to the other to take the same quest, but the quest did not show EA as a reward for the second character.

So, if you were really grinding EAs and UEs via vigilance quest rewards, you would need to run every single character through every Elemental Evil sub-zone and check every single quest hourly... or just use Alchemy and the AH to supply you, like I do. :p