test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow of Demise...?

vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Alright, I give up. I can't for the life of me figure out how Shadow of Demise works now. In mod 5, it worked exactly like the tooltip says: it inflicts the effect on everything you hit while in stealth, and when it expires, all of those targets take the damage. Now... I can't inflict it on more than one thing at once, my at-wills seem incapable of causing it, and overall, I just don't understand what's going on.

Can somebody explain to me how Shadow of Demise works now?
Post edited by vampirecavy on

Comments

• damnwidgetdamnwidget Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It just doesn't works as it's pretty broken and useless at the moment. But basically

* It only procs with encounters
    * It only procs in one target
    * It doesn't make your stealth meter to don't get down when you get hit

Enjoy!
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I'm being completely honest, I don't even really -care- about that last part. It'd be nice to have it working but I want the damage portion to work - it's a pretty big damage loss to not have it working as the tooltip states right now. Guess I need to focus on another DPS until this gets fixed... sigh.
  • tankinatorfrtankinatorfr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Guess I need to focus on another DPS until this gets fixed... sigh.
    It will probably never happen. It looks more like an unofficial nerf than a real bug to correct...
    edited May 2015
    If it's a nerf, they need to change the tooltip. Right now, the effect isn't even close to what the tooltip says it is.
  • tankinatorfrtankinatorfr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    indeed, and it is not the only tooltip suffuring from this situation.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Shadow of Demise broke again?! Haha, I haven't even played this game in 6 months and it's still broke. That skill has been broken ever since it was introduced and with every successive fix it gets worse. Hilarious.
    edited May 2015
    It was broken for a -week- after introduction, then seemed fine to me until mod 6.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    damnwidget wrote: »
    It just doesn't works as it's pretty broken and useless at the moment. But basically

* It only procs with encounters
    * It only procs in one target
    * It doesn't make your stealth meter to don't get down when you get hit

Enjoy!

Just FYI. the stealth related feature of SoD never worked like that.

SoD gets rid of the stealth meter "regen halt." When you are attacked when out of stealth, and stealth meter is not full, attacks landing on you (1) damages the stealth meter, and (2) and stops the regeneration of the meter for a few seconds.

What SoD does is get rid of (2), not (1). It's when you combine SoD with Tenacious Concealment, which gets rid of (1) totally with offhand power augment, that your stealth meter is never damaged by enemy attack whether in and out of stealth, and when your stealth ends it will fill up in around 9 seconds without ever being halted. In situations like GG where there are large, chaotic battles, you don't even need to use SS.
  • damnwidgetdamnwidget Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the information mirrorballs.