test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are barkshield enchantments so cheap ?

irapeyairapeya Member Posts: 90 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Why are Barkshield enchantments so cheap ?
Post edited by irapeya on

Comments

• Options
    vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd guess it's because they're honestly not very good.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With the current damage levels, lesser Neg IIRC blocks more damage than GrBarkshield (too lazy to look up, and might be wrong there). Also, the Negation has more potential, you can upgrade it to something really good, and many less affluent players actually do choose the step-by-step approach. Lastly it's market laws: Barkshields are something a lot of people want to sell => prices fall. Negation is something many want to buy => prices rise.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    irapeya wrote: »
    Why are Barkshield enchantments so cheap ?

Because they were pretty BIS in last module, but are about the weakest and most useless enchants in this one, so people want to get rid of them ASAP and get Negation instead.

Pretty much all armor enchants based on hard values instead of % are a waste of time with the exception of soulforge.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I bought one on the cheap just in case they happen to give them a once over.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a Barkshield, its just another symptom of shoddy design and lack of attention to detail. With so many other major issues affecting the game nobody will address this, it will be just a another thing that will never be fixed, the collapse in the prices shows that everyone else knows this as well.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a Barkshield, its just another symptom of shoddy design and lack of attention to detail. With so many other major issues affecting the game nobody will address this, it will be just a another thing that will never be fixed, the collapse in the prices shows that everyone else knows this as well.

The thing is after THAT massive change when mod 6 went live, dev's failed to catch all things that work with conjunction to others.
    Barkshield is a perfect example not only to confirm above, but to tell clearly that mod 6 was released much much too early.

Now, after we're seing the changes, it's obvious that getting a bolstered bark charge negating 2k hit is close to nothing. This is due to T2 trash mob hits for up to 100k. But that should be pointed out earlier to not make the enchant obsolete.

There were treads saying that enchant must be tailored to mod 6 standards. But same goes for few other things, like having only one potion boost availaible or not enough healing given by healing pots.

There are SO MANY much important things to fix, that this is probably waaaaay back in the schedule.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited May 2015

...oh, quite a some people just don't store that kind of stuff:

- Need the AD to buy the Negation
    - Need the AD for something else
    - Kick it out before the price drops even lower
    - Don't care - I need it, I buy ZEN, away with the leftovers

But the chances for an overwork (at least a timely one) are definitely <100%...
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it also depends on the character. I use Barkshield with my CW as I still tend to get killed by one or two attacks. Barkshield helps with that a bit. Negation would not work for me, as the bonus increases with increased hits (of which I usually can only take a few). That means, I'm really happy that I could buy a Barkshield very cheap. :)

But for a GF, Paladin or GWF Negation probably would be really awesome.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People cryptic knows better...sincery yours a disappointed customer
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    The thing is after THAT massive change when mod 6 went live, dev's failed to catch all things that work with conjunction to others.
    Barkshield is a perfect example not only to confirm above, but to tell clearly that mod 6 was released much much too early.

Now, after we're seing the changes, it's obvious that getting a bolstered bark charge negating 2k hit is close to nothing. This is due to T2 trash mob hits for up to 100k. But that should be pointed out earlier to not make the enchant obsolete.

There were treads saying that enchant must be tailored to mod 6 standards. But same goes for few other things, like having only one potion boost availaible or not enough healing given by healing pots.

There are SO MANY much important things to fix, that this is probably waaaaay back in the schedule.

I think the change to having only one "normal" potion active at a time was a good idea. It was a purposeful change, not a glitch.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I think the change to having only one "normal" potion active at a time was a good idea. It was a purposeful change, not a glitch.

I'm not saying it is a glitch. Looking at stats that can be added for a period of time due to these pots doesn't look gamebreaking.
    At this stage of the game, having 1000 defence will not save a player from OHK :).
    But to be fair, I'm not agains this change.

I'm more agains not balancing and not seeing the synergy between some items ingame with the enviroment.
    Again, Barkshield is a perfect example. But as "neirgara" said, some classes can still find use for the thing, so it's cool right ?:)

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015

If only the active potion *DID* something. Take healing, for example....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm not saying it is a glitch. Looking at stats that can be added for a period of time due to these pots doesn't look gamebreaking.[...]

...it could be somewhat in PvP. Hence the change AFAIK.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not saying it is a glitch. Looking at stats that can be added for a period of time due to these pots doesn't look gamebreaking.
    At this stage of the game, having 1000 defence will not save a player from OHK :).
    But to be fair, I'm not agains this change.

I'm more agains not balancing and not seeing the synergy between some items ingame with the enviroment.
    Again, Barkshield is a perfect example. But as "neirgara" said, some classes can still find use for the thing, so it's cool right ?:)

Ok, I see your point.

Yes, Barkshield should have been "buffed" for Mod 6 for sure. It's current protection levels are pretty pathetic right now.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok, I see your point.

Yes, Barkshield should have been "buffed" for Mod 6 for sure. It's current protection levels are pretty pathetic right now.

It should, but will most probably won't lol. It's Soulforged teritory fools! mwhahahhaha!
    Soulforged and Negation - all others are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :D

BTW Barkshield does look ugly yuck! :rolleyes:

P.S

No, I don't own a Barkshield :cool:

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since everyone else failed to mention the most important factor in the low cost... because they're in lockboxes right now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just use them for them for give them away to my guild

They are not too effective in upper levels
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The day of barkshield will come soon so if you want to invest on it you should buy it now and wait for new mod
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hope to see soon an improvement , I don't want to change/lose my Barkshield :(
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soulforge and Negation dominations armor enchantment market, everything else is cheaper!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Got T .barkshield from double refine weekend. Yes, its not good as negotiation, but after pvp a week, i feel its not so bad as we thought. Well fit my tr with non itc and non permastealth