test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coupons!

aspen1979aspen1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 64
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So I never thought I'd would do this but then I did... 1000 zen for 3 blood rubies. coupon at lvl 70 said 50% off, I just got my sword, thought why not 10 bucks 150000 points, good start to leveling it. Clicked the coupons it opened the zen market to the ruby pack, I saw the price for 1000 zen, clicked buy and received item. BUT.... It cost 2000 zen a price I would never ever pay for blood rubies!! when I asked for support with Live chat I was disconnected after 5 mins. it seems that they don't like to chat after their closing time and cut you off. I pasted a pic and sent a ticket in. Thinking I have a pic, they should see the transaction. I should get my 1000 zen back.
Well NOPE. I got this as a response....

"Hello,
Unfortunately, we cannot refund Zen from a coupon that either expired, or was not applied, and apologize for the inconvenience."

Regards,
Chancellor Knuckles
Game Master

All I can says is 2 years a client and over $500 spend on your product and this is how they treat us?

That's my rant, thanks and watch out when using a coupon.
Post edited by aspen1979 on

Comments

• alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They also won't refund it if you already used the rubies. I have read many complaints of people getting screwed by this shady bs. You wouldn't know it as warning others not to get screwed undoubtedly falls under improper use of the forums. Just pass the word onto your friends and guildmates.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ouch! Yes, you need to select the coupon before purchasing. I found this out the easy way, since my coupon clipper purchases were limited only to those items which I didn't have the funds to buy otherwise (I think I got some dyes with my last 50 Zen or something). But yeah, it's not entirely obvious since it's at the bottom of the screen.

I feel for ya. That's rough...
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tried to buy a couple of character slots today with the level reward coupon, but it refused to take them. If I clicked on the coupon, the zen market window would open on the relevant item giving a discounted price of 400 zen but when I clicked on that, the conformation window would pop up asking for 500 zen and the coupon slot was greyed out. Wouldn't accept my coupon. pfft.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    M6 changes to the store interface have made using coupons less intuitive and also less reliable, since you apparently can't apply a coupon to an item on sale even if it gives you a better deal. You used to be given the choice.

If you open the store by double-clicking a coupon, you still have to select it again when making your purchase, instead of it remaining selected unless you opt to remove it.

These are the kind of UI changes that end up feeling like they were designed to make you spend money accidentally, like how Neverwinter's confirm and cancel buttons are in the opposite position most people's muscle memory has them in from using Windows.

You know popups that make it really difficult to figure out how to close them because the button is there but well-disguised, or clickbait sites that position advertising really close to the "next" button for their actual content but more prominently so that you'll probably hit the ad by mistake? Yeah, the game interface can feel like that. And whether it's intentional or not, those are some *really* unfortunate decisions at play.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if they forgot to update some of the Reward Level coupons.
    Had noticed several things while playing had 'far-off' expiration dates.
    Probably meant as place-holders. But eventually we hit the date.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015