test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Runners

agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Ok, so I'm sure at least MOST of us have done Pirate's King Dungeon (whether on Epic or Normal) and I run into this a lot it seems. After fighting Bosun Thickgristle, one guy will type "RUN TO END AND DIE" and then bolt for the end. Of course most will follow, some will stay and fight. I'm honestly getting a little sick and tired of it. Dungeons were meant to be done from start to finish, not shortcutting your way around because you wanna hurry up and get to the next repeat dungeon because it's Dungeon Delves time.

I honestly think there needs to be a patch for these 'runners', whether it's continued aggression on the enemies to the runners or making it so nothing beyond each group of enemies spawns or is active until said group is dealt with. Because I'm tired of wasting money buying Med Kits because of not only having to die initially, but when the add's stick around and we keep getting killed because we're cornered.
Post edited by agentmaryland93 on

Comments

• Options
    stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now I know why everyone left me behind in the Pirate's lair last night. Too bad for them that I stayed just ahead of a huge mob and lead them right to the pier campfire where everyone was waiting.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do the same thing except we don't die. Generally my group runs from boss to boss and pops a daily or two after we've gathered all the mobs. Generally kills them all after a few seconds.

I've never liked the idea of killing myself when it's just as easy to kill them all. Especially in Pirate King which is already so easy.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, if you don't want to play that way don't. I prefer to experience the whole dungeon most of the time, although occasionally I'll speed run as well. Problem is, understand you run the risk of getting kicked if you don't play the same "style" as the rest of the group. Same old adage as the "kick problem" - if you want to play Dungeons a particular way, don't expect PUGs to follow suit. Find your own group of like minded individuals. You'll likely enjoy your time more.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same old adage as the "kick problem" - if you want to play Dungeons a particular way, don't expect PUGs to follow suit. Find your own group of like minded individuals. You'll likely enjoy your time more.
    While I don't like running past stuff in dungeons, you're right. If I queue up for a dungeon and the whole group starts running, I know I need to keep up. If a random (or two) joins one of my partial pre-made groups and starts running while we fight... well, they can either wait at the end or die, complain, and quit because we aren't running. You have to play the hand you're dealt, so to speak.
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You have to play the hand you're dealt, so to speak.

Exactly, that's PUGs for you. I don't always like it, but it beats the alternative which is usually to get kicked.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Exactly, that's PUGs for you. I don't always like it, but it beats the alternative which is usually to get kicked.
    ...or not being able to run the dungeons at all. The queues are great in that they let solo players group up quickly and run fun content for the best loot in the game (or at least a shot at it) even when friends aren't online. The only drawback is that you have to use the same queue everyone else uses...
  • Options
    kaspa6kaspa6 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2015
    best way to sort this out is run with 3 ppl wate for the runner to run die respan and then wate 5 secs then kick them
  • Options
    kithkannonkithkannon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup, such is life!
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do the same thing except we don't die. Generally my group runs from boss to boss and pops a daily or two after we've gathered all the mobs. Generally kills them all after a few seconds.

I've never liked the idea of killing myself when it's just as easy to kill them all. Especially in Pirate King which is already so easy.

Problem is, I usually play a Cleric, but I'm not built to do damage, I'm built to aid as I can doing damage as I go. I usually try to take some out, but the runners are usually so bad, they can't even help deal with them. Not to mention, that means I miss a chance to get super rare loot off of the pick ups (Arcane Caches, Dungeoneer Caches, etc) and the chest supported above on that beam. Those help out by giving you a chance at the Marks of Potency/Stabilty/etc and other valuables.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, that was just my own experience. I only play with a group of 5 from my guild and generally I farm dungeons for money to just buy the marks for upgrades rather than worrying with chests. So running through and one shotting all the mobs at once works best since we're just in it for the loot drops.

Sometimes when you don't have a skilled enough group or when you're pugging you just have to sacrifice as bad as it sucks.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!