test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T3 Renegade Feat

pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Library
So my CW is MoF and he was Thaumaturge for the longest time, but I finally respecced him to Renegade. Which T3 Renegade feat is better, Abyss of Chaos or Uncertain Allegiance? My CW has 50% crit chance right now with feated Chilling Presence. Uncertain Allegiance sounds better but I am not sure.
Post edited by pointsman on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I prefer Uncertain Allegiance, due to it going out for the entire team.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Imo, it really boils down to the debate if you want a tiny little bit more personal DPS or want your team to rock higher pain/second. The former would be Abyss, the latter UA, of course. Or so the first impression suggests. However, I'm not too sure if Abyss would actually return more damage than abyss in each party/gear setup. I could imagine that opting for UA would yield better personal damage results, especially if combined with high crit severity and the lost set. But that would require quite a lot of testing for which I'm just too lazy - which is why I would opt for UA. Bros before... well, you get the idea :cool:

(This is from a SS perspective, mind you. I could imagine that MoF benefits more from Abyss than their SS counterpart does)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think in most cases in a geared party abyss is better. Why? Well, because in geared parties people have already stacked crit to 50%+, so the buff to the party crit chance accounts for a small buff to overall damage rather then a large one. For instance, if you got 20% crit chance and you recieve a 5% crit chance boost, you will crit 25% more often then you did before. However, if you got 40% crit chance and you recieve a 5% boost, you will crit 12.5% more. Its a double edged sword because in an undergeared party where the crit buff is more significant, the parties low gear thereby means that the damage boost is also not super effective since you contribute more then the rest of the party anyhow. Also, remember ren already has nexus. From testing, abyss is pretty much equal to storm spell with a renegade build, which is a major dps boost to you personally.

There are arguments to be made both ways, I would say for uncertain to be worthwhile it would need to be a ~10-15% party dps boost, where as the damage from abyss is straight up equal to storm spell. Also agathe, abyss can be procced by dot enchants, by companions, by dots like elol set and it can proc storm spell. So it is definitely worth considering. One thing I will note though is that if your character is undergeared and you running with people who aren't, uncertain is probably better.
  • hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    @thefabricant can you produce even a single ACT parse where abyss damage is even remotely close to stormspell? Because over the many many many dungeons I have run and logged - not once has it been comparable to stormspell damage.
    edited May 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    @thefabricant can you produce even a single ACT parse where abyss damage is even remotely close to stormspell? Because over the many many many dungeons I have run and logged - not once has it been comparable to stormspell damage.
    Yes I can, I will produce them tomorrow when I am at my pc instead of on my tablet. Without abyss, stormspell accounts for ~40-45% of my damage, with it, stormspell accounts for ~20-22% of my damage as well as abyss. As I said though, I will upload parses for you when I can :). Bear in mind though, my ren CW is using PF and not vorp and the PF dot can proc abyss. I would probably be using p.vorp instead of pf if I had one, but sadly I cannot afford one.
  • hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    @thefabricant Awesome, I cant wait to see your results. I have several ACT logs of my own if you want to compare, but the general ratio is lostmauth is 2/3rds stormspell and abyss is 1/3rd stormspell. Granted, none of my logs are from someone using plaguefire so maybe that will change the results so drastically? Either way, I look forward to seeing your logs. Ty for the response.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Yes I can, I will produce them tomorrow when I am at my pc instead of on my tablet. Without abyss, stormspell accounts for ~40-45% of my damage, with it, stormspell accounts for ~20-22% of my damage as well as abyss. As I said though, I will upload parses for you when I can :). Bear in mind though, my ren CW is using PF and not vorp and the PF dot can proc abyss. I would probably be using p.vorp instead of pf if I had one, but sadly I cannot afford one.

You have 20% from Abyss? I only have 6-7% but i have lostm+p.vorp.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't get Abyss, the boost is so small compare to what you get with UA. UA is better for you and party dps.

More crit = more orange = more storm spell = more melt faces.
    edited May 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    @thefabricant Awesome, I cant wait to see your results. I have several ACT logs of my own if you want to compare, but the general ratio is lostmauth is 2/3rds stormspell and abyss is 1/3rd stormspell. Granted, none of my logs are from someone using plaguefire so maybe that will change the results so drastically? Either way, I look forward to seeing your logs. Ty for the response.

Interesting, I have done some more testing and it seems the pf interaction has been fixed. I am not sure if the lightning interaction has also been fixed, but if you like, I can upload a picture of what it was like with PF before it was fixed but as of the latest patch (haven't tested since before last week friday) it seems the interaction has been fixed. I can provide evidence to what it was like before though.
    http://postimg.org/image/aq9p0ev51/
    What it was like with lightning enchant, will see if I can find one with vorp (at the time I was testing lightning on preview, will have to dig around to find me using pf on preview) I would definitely though, that since pf no longer works that way, unless lightning has not been fixed abyss is not worth it.