test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (PC)

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    AFAIK there are no one-drops anymore, everybody gets their separate loots.

You can report players doing that, because it's plain mean, silly, unnecessary, egoistic, and friggin spoils the mood and the game's atmosphere and spirit. I doubt that that will effect any change, or that there will be any consequences to them (after all who will know who voted for kick and who didn't?) but at least that would draw the mods'/devs'/gamesmasters' attention. Could give you a rebuke due to report-spamming, though. But, on the other hand, it could also, when done often enough, lead to a kickvote-block after the boss is brought down to like 25% health or somesuch countermeasures...

Also, you can ignore them. While this doesn't prohibit landing on a party with them, you can easily identify them in latter runs: If a name seems suspicious to you send them a "." as tell, and you'll be informed if they're on your ignore list... ...and then leave the party - or vote to kick them. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Though you'll hit quite some innocent "decline"-voters with the latter.

One of the sad realities of this game we'll for now have to live with...
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess with all server disconnect it took longer to reset my ban after about an hour it came back up so I could que at least we know they are trying something for people who leave

jhp
    and Yes I did freak out finally a Saturday off in 4 months and my only game I play was shutting me out
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dude, chill. Take a deep breath. Relax. It's far too early in the morning to be raising your blood pressure that high. I believe queue bans are only for 30 minutes.

Only 30 minutes. Doesn't sound bad until you add in multiple chars and losing over and over on top of that.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yep ,every thing sucks here now
  • draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Banned means you can't log into the game.. just sayin'
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi
    What the solution to kicks on dungeons? i m a cw and i m trying to make money on this game.
    Its impossible, you enter on a dungeon and become a logic

Its DC?
    R: NO = KICK
    R: YES = OK

Dont is DC, know any bug?
    R: NO = KICK
    R: YES = OK

OR if you have 20k+ demage = NO KICK

my gear is : 2112
    my power : 12k
    and i m kicked all time of dungeons, i dont know really what make here.

What the solution?
    Note: i dont want change my class. can i report this?
    sometimes the kicks is very fast, you enter on lostmauth for example 4/5 you is kicked on 3 seconds.

Waiting to sugestions
  • juggalotus42000juggalotus42000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dont forget they kick ppl to get guildmates in and also, lol sometimes there is a vote kick war when a boss drops something good.If my not party leader wen i joi a dungoen or skirmish i leave and rejoin until i am(dont think i can be kicked that way)
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is very embarrassing. if it continues I will have to stop playing.
    I m not a ****, i dont die on dungeons, i help all, but i have no time to chat, you enter and is kicked fast.

no chance to talk anything, kick and done.
    i want to play, i dont have another way to make money , need to make ELOL all time.
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Once the boss drops the kick system should be disabled.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My GWF 2.5k ilvl- 18k power 9k crit 5k armor pen 2k recovery 84k health 5k defense 2k deflect.... Still not good enough for people and I get kicked for reasons who knows. Maybe the reason is only cause I am a GWF.... If you are not a GF/OP/DC/CW/SW You are not needed and will be kicked from dungeons.

I cannot get my gear anymore in t2 because of getting kicked, and its getting really frustrating.

"OH AND DO NOT FORGET! The lf 3k-4k ilvl only+ for runs" 85% of the community does not have this high of item level because they are not using their credit cards or have chin deep in AD.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there is a vote kick war when a boss drops something good.If my not party leader wen i joi a dungoen or skirmish i leave and rejoin until i am(dont think i can be kicked that way)

All drops are personal now, so there is no reason to kick for loot (about time this has been fix). Kicks now are mainly that you are not uber enough for the one jerk who decides to kick. All my toons have epic equipment except for armor. And I get kicked half the time I enter a dungeon. Very fustrating. They should add some kick-abuse meter - if you kick too much, your reward gets nerfed. Maybe that will remove the incentive to kick.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there an option to vote kick these vote kick threads from forums? The devs have stated before they are aware of the problem, the playerbase has acknowledged the problem and numerous solutions have been given for the interum until the fix. For example, form your own groups using legit/lfg/guild/friends list instead of random grouping. Don't leave it up to fate to decide who you group with, build your own groups.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sometimes people lose a party member due to disconnection issues and they want to wait for them to rejoin party.

Sometimes people want a certain class, gf or paladin or cleric.
    sometimes people kick because your items are not strong enough to survive one hit from boss.

I am full legendary and I still get kicked.

I don't mind if someone kicks me when I join at boss it is no big deal. However, if I do all the work to get to boss from the start and get kicked later... that sucks bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    This is very embarrassing. if it continues I will have to stop playing.
    I m not a ****, i dont die on dungeons, i help all, but i have no time to chat, you enter and is kicked fast.

no chance to talk anything, kick and done.
    i want to play, i dont have another way to make money , need to make ELOL all time.
    by making money you mean AD? You can try Kessell's Retreat. you also get Black Ice (Raw) for IWD stuff along the way aside from getting gears that is salvagable from chest (Keys not required) at the end. And if lucky, can get purple overload enchantment (AD value not bad). Overall value may or may not be good (depends the loot you get) but when consider the time spent especially when in so so level PuG and the amount of casualty compare to eLoL, Kessell is much faster to clear and have more breathing room on boss fight.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zajojajo wrote: »
    they remowed from que auto join dc/gf/pali, now folks sit in dungs and makes vote waiting for dc/gf/ all day, gg :(

Phase 2: get a DC/GF/Pali then complain that they did not magically make their party win by virtue of their class. Because tank and heal are magic!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also remember it is a VOTE kick.

People need to stop automatic voting yes on vote kicks, in particular on vote kicks hat have no reason given or that happens in the middle of a fight.

I too hate all this excessive votekicking, and I always vote no unless a good and valid reason is given.

I suspect people auto-vote yes because they are glad it was not them. Everyone need to auto-vote no instead, that will get this problem under control rapidly.
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also remember it is a VOTE kick.

People need to stop automatic voting yes on vote kicks, in particular on vote kicks hat have no reason given or that happens in the middle of a fight.

I too hate all this excessive votekicking, and I always vote no unless a good and valid reason is given.

I suspect people auto-vote yes because they are glad it was not them. Everyone need to auto-vote no instead, that will get this problem under control rapidly.
    This is easily the best suggestion I've read.
    edited May 2015
    dragonogre wrote: »
    Once the boss drops the kick system should be disabled.

...that would only lead to you being kicked when the boss is down to a sliver. The trigger for the last wave of spawns at 33% or 25% boss health should also block kicking, unless there's a wipe, when it might be reactivated. But even that could be (and had been) exploited: Take some group of PUGs to make the preclear to the last boss' doorstep, then kickvote them one by one and bring your buddies in...

...you know, kids can be as creative as they're cruel sometimes, and some even go for the double whopper...

If a lootkick happens to you, scroll up in chat, and go right-click => "ignore" through the list. Yes, you'll also ignore some innocent bystanders this way, so sending them a pm "Lootkicking is lame!" can be advisable. "No"-voters will sometimes reply that they did so. This does, however, not prevent you and one of those twitfiltere-tagged people from landing on the same party, but: Whenever you think you might be in for such a game, send ppl a tell "." - if they're on your twitfilter you'll get a notification. Two or more than cases in this party? Time to leave...

I've postponed dungeons for the time being, got enough other stuff to play in here (Pally through Shar&DR, reactivate GWF,...) where the atmosphere is less tense...

I furthermore also seem to remember that since Mod-6-launch we're getting separate loot from the boss. True or not? Can anybody answer?

All drops are personal now, so there is no reason to kick for loot (about time this has been fix).

Thanks! Now how does one get this message to those ________ that probably can't even ____???
    Kicks now are mainly that you are not uber enough for the one jerk who decides to kick. All my toons have epic equipment except for armor. And I get kicked half the time I enter a dungeon. Very fustrating. They should add some kick-abuse meter - if you kick too much, your reward gets nerfed. Maybe that will remove the incentive to kick.

A limit to the number of votes in a certain time window - like 3 per 15 minutes - should be easy to implement...
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why make up all complicated rules for kicking? There's no good reason for kicking to exist at all in public queues.
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why make up all complicated rules for kicking? There's no good reason for kicking to exist at all in public queues.

i dunno, maybe someone afking without notifying team, then he stands there for 30min or more minutes?
    Misfits
    edited May 2015

IF Cryptic had better netcode and/or servers you'd maybe be right. But as of now it's the only halfway speedy way to free the spot of the bugged-out teammate for others. Or do you really want to stand in front of the boss door, unable to get in because the glitch remnant is not in the purple fume cone?

Also, there's not only exploiters running in there and exploiting you to some of the work for them while they contribute, too. There's also those who take a fancy to staying a hundred meters behind the frontline and gather all those precious potions and gold, visit all skill kit stashes,...

...as this can easily be verified by looking at the map, I vote "yes" on votes to kick these dear fellows, too.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kahfa wrote: »
    i dunno, maybe someone afking without notifying team, then he stands there for 30min or more minutes?

Just make it work like pvp. You get auto-kicked after some time, no vote kicking, and if you leave you can't queue again for a few minutes.
    I'd seriously rather have to abort a dungeon because of bugs now and then, than have to suffer through all the leaving and vote-kick-wars all the time.
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just make it work like pvp. You get auto-kicked after some time, no vote kicking, and if you leave you can't queue again for a few minutes.
    I'd seriously rather have to abort a dungeon because of bugs now and then, than have to suffer through all the leaving and vote-kick-wars all the time.

how about someone who always makes the team get wiped (dc doesn't heal, gf won't tank, dps classes who stand on the red circles outside dc heals etc) and doesn't listen to suggestions or someone who talks **** or someone who uses the 't' function to overcome the auto-kick?
    Misfits
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2015

When I am kicked from a dungeon, I always quickly re-queue.
    If I am placed back into the same party, I immediately initiate a vote kick on a random person.
    Reason:
    sdfsdf

Much to my surprise, every time I have done this, the vote kick has been successful.
    Seems there is always someone who votes yes on every vote.

To be honest, I stopped using the queue because lately, seems few people in the queue know English.
    Maybe they don't know that sdfsdf is gibberish. Or maybe they think I have a valid reason but also don't know English.

The kicking problem is so bad that I won't do a dungeon run unless I am pretty sure everyone in the group is fluent in English.
    Lately, in zone chat, the ratio of English to non-English seems to have decreased a lot.
    Too difficult to have mutual understanding and agreement between people who do not share a common language.
    By the way, English is not the only language I know, but my second language is rare in game.
    edited June 2015
    How many times has someone in your party died and then started trying to vote kick other out?
    When this happen a little box pops up and you cannot move or attack until you choose a selection from the said box.

I am proposing that we have an icon at the top of our screen that lights up when someone wants to vote kick another player out.

Or even better a green dot or red dot appears on the party list by that players name
    GREEN = keep
    RED = kick

or even better a thumbs up, thumbs down icon appears next to that players face icon..
    THUMBS UP = keep in party
    ThUMBS DOWN = kick from party

The suggested change will stop people from taking over the party with vote kick options, making everyone die due to lack of ability to control their characters at key times.

Also it would be nice if we could see who was initiating the vote kicks.

(as of now the only way you know who is voting = they are the only ones able to move, while we all stand still trying to click the box)

Thanks for reading!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    It'd be nice to see a change to this. Something that doesnt make it impossible to move/control a character when anyone wants to vote kick someone else for any and all reasons they can come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Id rather not have any indication by anyones names that shows how they voted. There is simply no way that info would be used in a reasonable or rational manner.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like the idea, but I agree; the fallout after might not be pretty. Plus I dont think itd ever be implemented cause of the "no name, shame" policy. People would start calling people out.

Cryptic does need something to stop kicking during looting, or did. Im not even sure thats an issue with all the changes to dungeons/drops/binds etc. Maybe they fixed that issue by nerfing that other stuff..... ... ... ... ............... ............
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited June 2015
    The only reason why we would need to see who is vote kicking is so we know who is causing the problems in party.
    If the change comes so we are not hijacked by someone always trying to vote kick.. knowing who they are becomes less of an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only reason why we would need to see who is vote kicking is so we know who is causing the problems in party.
    If the change comes so we are not hijacked by someone always trying to vote kick.. knowing who they are becomes less of an issue.

But the world does not work in that way.
    I like the idea very much, but the first time they implement such a thing, people will be ripping each other throats out in minutes after first few dungeons.

Doing t2's for some players, started to be a serious job.
    Not enough dps ( personal preference ) kick.
    Gear score under 3k ? kickkkkkk
    Laggy? kick ...
    Not casting enough buffs : kick
    Not getting bubble fast enough cos of lack of ap? : kick ...
    waiting for a guild mate : kick ..

Imagine all that and add in the names of the players. It would be a slaughter house.
    Edit : then again, maybe it would be a good change, if we want it to go in that kind of a direction..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg