test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On the topic of Hellbinder vs Soulbinder, Hellbinder wins by a landslide. The survivability of Soulbinder is still decent but since Soul Sparks haven't been touched since the paragon was released, it's still less DPS than Hellbinder. Ironically, I found myself building AP too fast to effectively use Soul Scorch unless it was right after Immolation Spirits.

so all time i read this but really noone did test singel target damage SB vs HB
    if you did so you would be aware of the fact that HB can´t deal that damage on one target, only to mob groups, in case of no pity no mercy + damage buff 17% , as far as I remember
    I really would apreciate if some would test these both specs against each other

one target dragon HE in WOD
    Hellbringer ---> take any encounter you like
    same SB --->take WB-KF-SS+WC (allways followed to SS) and fill up with essencedefiler
    run ACT look at the damage, tell me your impression, and in case of SB did not more than 50%+damage you did something wrong, or meet in the zone same stats and check out
    I did not test damnation until now, starting Warlock i played tempt in mod 4, fun in case of having big big selfheal, than went HB fury wich sucked in PVP, so I ended up SB fury to have more options in PVP
    first impression running dragon HE, as i wrote in former threads, much much more damage on single target, allways No 1 in Act even against maxed player
    now that creeping death + setbonus + TT is nerfed and other classes boosted ( - thank you cryptic at this point, thats a really balanced work hand in hand, do you communicate each other?), losing >30% damage all in all, Warlock is not No 1 damagedealer any more

added: as SB fury (gs 2290) I can solo briggins tomb, i can go Icewinddale, soloing two giants at once, I am able to do most task having lots of selfheal and 25% deflect from offhand
    I am pretty sure playing HB fury is not that comfortable atm, and in case of content beeing very tough I would never change SB against HB atm
  • vadimwolfvadimwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, I've been looking at this guide and trying to come up with something similar but well cheaper :) And I'm wondering what are your thoughts on black ice set bonus? I've been running it mod5 and it was.. lets call it sub-optimal, at least for me. Now I'm wondering if its worth it mining 0.5kk black ice for that set bonus or would getting valindra's belt and lostmaugh's neckleace(?) be ok as well?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings all,

Been testing a bit since the 4/23 update, and right now nothing major is to be added/deleted from the build.

I'll readily admit I have no idea how Damnation may be a 'better DPS path', though I won't discount the possibility.... I'll need to see some hard data to support any claims of that. So feel free to share it!

That being said:
    vadimwolf wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hello! :cool:
    I've been looking at this guide and trying to come up with something similar but well cheaper :) And I'm wondering what are your thoughts on black ice set bonus?
    I'm using it currently. The neck/belt both at Epic level. I am not doing it for the set bonus but for the stat distribution, and the AP gain. Thus far I'm liking it... Yes I mined over 600k Black Ice, and it took me a few weeks! lol
    I've been running it mod5 and it was.. lets call it sub-optimal, at least for me.
    I concur, it was less then 1% of my DPS on test, the set bonus that is.
    Now I'm wondering if its worth it mining 0.5kk black ice for that set bonus or would getting valindra's belt and lostmaugh's neckleace(?) be ok as well?
    A Valindra's Belt and Lostmauth necklace would also do just fine, so feel free to go for it! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • vadimwolfvadimwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks very much for the quick response and for your expertise :) I guess ill go for vallie's belt and lossies neckleace than, i think i would prefer INT over CON in mod 6 as hp advantage was really reduced in my eyes, and as DR increased RI% became more valuable.
  • azli82azli82 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    a question :

Warding Curse(features) and offhand effect - 25% movement .

on curse single target ,can gain 30% extra damage ( already include from feat fury ) , 10% damage reduce(warding curse) from enemy and -25% movement speed(from offhand) . izzit stack with 3 benefit in 1 type of curse ?

Dark One Blessing features : heal/fill almost 60% hp bar
    I try slot it to test in pvp . i curse the target but i dont kill it( i mean other ppl blow it die ) , but i receive the HP in return . is a bug or exploit or that is the real content ?
    HELLBOI (HELLBRINGER) LVL 70 (SW)
    THE BEST TEAM IS ALWAYS LEAD THE BEST YOUR BUILD .
    THE BEST WEAPON THAT WE HAVE IS TEAM MATES , NOT YOU .
    edited April 2015
    Thanks very much for the quick response and for your expertise :) I guess ill go for vallie's belt and lossies neckleace than, i think i would prefer INT over CON in mod 6 as hp advantage was really reduced in my eyes, and as DR increased RI% became more valuable.
    I think that is a fine idea mi amigo, so get on rocking with it! :cool:

azli82 wrote: »
    a question :

Warding Curse(features) and offhand effect - 25% movement .

on curse single target ,can gain 30% extra damage ( already include from feat fury ) , 10% damage reduce(warding curse) from enemy and -25% movement speed(from offhand) . izzit stack with 3 benefit in 1 type of curse ?

Dark One Blessing features : heal/fill almost 60% hp bar
    I try slot it to test in pvp . i curse the target but i dont kill it( i mean other ppl blow it die ) , but i receive the HP in return . is a bug or exploit or that is the real content ?
    There could be bugs, particularly with the Mod 6/4-23 updates... Might want to make a bug report. Are you sure maybe the person didn't have Soulforged? That could trigger it. Just an idea!
    va8Ru.gif
  • azli82azli82 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i pretty sure about dark one blessing , but the content also never mention bout who kill the target , but once target with curse killed u will receive the hit point base on rank of dark one blessing .

the issued with warding curse , izzit stack with 3 in 1 benefit like i post before kolat?
    HELLBOI (HELLBRINGER) LVL 70 (SW)
    THE BEST TEAM IS ALWAYS LEAD THE BEST YOUR BUILD .
    THE BEST WEAPON THAT WE HAVE IS TEAM MATES , NOT YOU .
    edited April 2015
    azli82 wrote: »
    i pretty sure about dark one blessing , but the content also never mention bout who kill the target , but once target with curse killed u will receive the hit point base on rank of dark one blessing .

the issued with warding curse , izzit stack with 3 in 1 benefit like i post before kolat?
    It could be from what I've read/experienced. I cannot say for sure though... More extensive testing is needed.
    va8Ru.gif
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so all time i read this but really noone did test singel target damage SB vs HB
    if you did so you would be aware of the fact that HB can´t deal that damage on one target, only to mob groups, in case of no pity no mercy + damage buff 17% , as far as I remember
    I really would apreciate if some would test these both specs against each other

one target dragon HE in WOD
    Hellbringer ---> take any encounter you like
    same SB --->take WB-KF-SS+WC (allways followed to SS) and fill up with essencedefiler
    run ACT look at the damage, tell me your impression, and in case of SB did not more than 50%+damage you did something wrong, or meet in the zone same stats and check out
    I did some comparative testing between HB Fury and SB Fury single target on dummies a while back. Unfortunately I don't still have the ACT logs but I posted them on here so if you want to go digging they should still be around.

SB wins hands down as long as the target lives long enough to build full sparks. On bosses like the HE Dragons it really shines.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did some comparative testing between HB Fury and SB Fury single target on dummies a while back. Unfortunately I don't still have the ACT logs but I posted them on here so if you want to go digging they should still be around.
    SB wins hands down as long as the target lives long enough to build full sparks. On bosses like the HE Dragons it really shines.

i did test it myself few days ago, thx

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?893301-Creeping-Death-Capstone-Big-nerf/page2
    edited April 2015
    edited May 2015
    I still rock the SW, if you have any Mod 6 questions about PvE just let me know! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alright, here goes:

When SW launched in mod 4, I fell in love with the mechanics. And I mean -love-. I stopped playing it as much in mod 5 with the TR rework (which I also loved) but I want to get back into playing SW again. A friend of mine has told me that Soulbinder Damnation seems to be the way to go, but... I can't get myself to enjoy Damnation. I just can't - though I've seen the damnation soul puppet do hysterical things (like tanking one of the scorpions in eLoL -by itself-), it's just not my thing.

Is Fury still workable? Do I need to switch to Soulbinder to do it? I can see that despite the nerf of it, TT is still very good, so I haven't lost all hope... but creeping death's nerf makes me very uneasy. I feel like I'm miles behind other DPS classes in dungeon runs, so I want to know what to start trying to do.
  • arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello,

I've made some testing on preview in Icewind Dale zones, and it's clear that SB has a lot more survability and that leads to more DPS.

This is also true in Tiamat.

Overall I think that SB is a better paragon overall, although the numbers as HB may be higher (that can be caused because my artifcats and companions are designed to maximize NPNM).

I think it's better if you try the two paragons and which ever suits more your playstyle will make you get better DPS.
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol, I'm a dumb. I hadn't even considered the 'suits playstyle' method of figuring it out :P. That means that I'm likely to stay Hellbringer, as I still think that with the SW's stat layout, No Pity/Mercy is craaaazy strong. Probably going to do something silly like All-consuming curse for my other class feature - it's kinda a hilarious damage spike on dreadtheft aoe when you combine it with parting blasphemy.

Is there some other basic feat that I just don't know about in the 30+ stuff outside of the Fury tree that is absolutely mandatory?
  • arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kolatmaster build is pretty solid, he goes for a little more survability by dipping into temptation, I prefer taking damnation first feat for more DPS when you remove a curse and leave the survability to the DC in the party (pretty good DCs in my guild ;))

If you are going to solo content maybe you should follow kolatmaster build.
  • deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A the risk of sounding lazy, I'm a pretty dedicated SW player. Prior to mod 6 I loved the templock build. I stuck with it to level 70 and squeaked through Spinward to get the MH, mostly solo, though i needed a good bit of help on the 3rd island. I'm now thinking that I don't have the patience to for them to buff the SW (or at least temptation path) and I don't think it's going to happen any time. Soon. Anyway, it's time for the re-spec, reading the threads I'm thinking that SB Damnation is probably gonna be the way I go, mostly the the bump in survivability since I hate being the one that always dies in group play. Anyway, the point of this is that there seems to be a number of different builds floating around in the forum, and this thread that sound viable. If any of you have then handy, it'd be awesome if you could link them below so I can dork around with them this weekend
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    hows your SW doing these days

worth me coming back and lvling up my SW?
  • mogbaarmogbaar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hellbringer huh ?
    using p. vorpal and no elol set btw.

open the ACT in a new tab 4 seeing everything clearly.

2aznCLI.jpg
  • floggologgofloggologgo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So everbody is talking about SB on damnation tree?.. But Fury is still better for the dps guys. isnt it?
  • mogbaarmogbaar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yepp Fury is much better, because if you look at the ACT, you hit huge numbers wich also proc Creeping Death.
    A soul puppet maybe hits around 60-90 times in a good group while in dungeon.
    edited May 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    hows your SW doing these days

worth me coming back and lvling up my SW?
    SW is fun, does the things it does well like killing things...

The Lostmauth Set, even w/o good Ability Score increase, can be an absolute beast for DPS with our DoTs effects. :)

So everbody is talking about SB on damnation tree?.. But Fury is still better for the dps guys. isnt it?
    Damnation is a fine tree... However until the Devs resolve the bug where the Soul Puppet can bug out of Boss Fights I'm not a fan of it overall. Just my opinion! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • ech0lessech0less Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like to ask about the ability scores; I have noticed that your final stats are different in mod 6, so which ones should I focus on and what's the best roll for Tiefling?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ech0less wrote: »
    I would like to ask about the ability scores; I have noticed that your final stats are different in mod 6, so which ones should I focus on and what's the best roll for Tiefling?

The roll of constitution is not as good as previously because constitution was not scaled for mod 6 HP. But it still provides your damage stat. Charisma is critical, critical is important.

SB: Crits = Sparks = DPS
    HB: Crits = NPNM = Combat advantage = DPS

Most warlocks still roll 18/18 con/cha base stats. Some have gone Int but I think they're doing it wrong unless you aim for a specific build in particular CON/CHA will be better (For example misery's perma control warlock).
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • ech0lessech0less Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    The roll of constitution is not as good as previously because constitution was not scaled for mod 6 HP. But it still provides your damage stat. Charisma is critical, critical is important.

SB: Crits = Sparks = DPS
    HB: Crits = NPNM = Combat advantage = DPS

Most warlocks still roll 18/18 con/cha base stats. Some have gone Int but I think they're doing it wrong unless you aim for a specific build in particular CON/CHA will be better (For example misery's perma control warlock).

Thanks! I will probably go for 18/18 if that's the case, but which ones should I lvl? Con and cha while ignoring int?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thats what I'd do yes, (Is also my current stats for my SW)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mogbaar wrote: »
    Yepp Fury is much better, because if you look at the ACT, you hit huge numbers wich also proc Creeping Death.
    A soul puppet maybe hits around 60-90 times in a good group while in dungeon.

Just to clarify for Damnation a Soul Puppet uses Wraith Claw every 1.2 seconds, this excludes the AoE Spiritfire ability. Which is why it is useful for proccing enchants and abilities that require numerous hits..(ie Plaguefire Enchant). It hits far more frequently than 90 times in an entire dungeon. It will hit 90 times in less than 2 minutes.
  • titiro17titiro17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi guys,
    with this build which kind of Pve set is better?

I was thinking of taking all part of Elemental Elven Raid Cowl.

Ty
    Greetings all!

I'll be updating this Guide in the coming week or so, just FYI! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • equality00equality00 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Patiently waiting for your update.

I have to believe many are correct about SB. I ran MC yesterday with a SB D, I'm using your original build in this guide so HB F. I out geared the SB D but they still out damaged me by over 12 MILLION by the end. My GS is 2313 and theirs was 2190.