What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Deities of New Neverwinter - Detailed

123457»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    so maybe this is the wrong place for this, but I can't create threads yet, and I am a complete and utter newb in regards to D&D.

As a Non-Cleric, how would one portray a Follower of Kelemvor? Does Kelemvor even have fighter followers, or are they all Clerics, Gravediggers, and so on and so forth?

having a lot of trouble deciding between Torm and Kelemvor for my RP Character's Deity.

Worshipping a deity is not exclusive to divine class. Anyone can worship any deity. Both, Kelemvor and Torm are a good choice, but if you worship Torm, you will need to RP as LG as he is the leader of Triad now(of lawful good deities).
    tyrant1944 wrote: »
    Ok so, I can choose Netheril as my origin, and yet I fight against my countrymen in the Ebon Downs.

That practically destroys the "If you choose an evil deity and yet fight for good/Neverwinter" argument, so...

When in the Nine Hells can I expect to be able to worship Bane? :)

The Netherese in game are those who went to Shadow-world and thus escaped the Karsus's folly. They are different than the 'Netheril' background which is basically the few mages which survived the Karsus Flly but did witness it from Toril.

A person with Netheril background can be good. The First War Mage of Cormyr (forgot the name) comes into my mind. He was good and had Netheril Background.

Or if you are evil with Netheril background, remember that the mages of different earthmotes were enemies anyways...
    tyrant1944 wrote: »
    Do update me if you get that Foundry mission up. I like how it sounds. But yeah, I can totally imagine just RPing my character's worship of Bane. He is sworn to Tempus but, yeah, what they don't know...False be damned

In Faer
  • yveleyvele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I have to ask here--what would the odds be for a half-orc trickster rogue to revere Mystra above all others? I'm actually not sure on the -exact- date Neverwinter is taking place, but even then, I would think a "dead" god--I use quotes because, come on, she's coming back eventually--would be a reasonable chosen deity.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yvele wrote: »
    Well, I have to ask here--what would the odds be for a half-orc trickster rogue to revere Mystra above all others? I'm actually not sure on the -exact- date Neverwinter is taking place, but even then, I would think a "dead" god--I use quotes because, come on, she's coming back eventually--would be a reasonable chosen deity.
    the odds depend on imagination and backstory.Mystra isnt dead if u read recent fr novels.
  • lawitsuslawitsus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi hihihihihih
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Months and months after the original post, and a "back stairs comment" at best (the French have a brilliant expression for it that I cannot recall at the moment)...but I should like to point out that the term "New Neverwinter" is a Waterdhavian slander at best and an open admission of one's sympathy with the pretender Neverember and a rejection of the principles upon which Neverwinter was founded at worst. Someone design a Foundry series that rescues the good name of the Nashers and their struggle against Waterdeep's open aggression!
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    From a quick glance:

1. Tymora and Beshaba in the book Stone of Tymora are presented not as enemies but as halves of the whole.. sharing the same temple in many towns.

2. Mask is missing http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mask

3. Lathander as aspect of Amaunator http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Lathander
  • teoden10teoden10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think that someone coul place Jadzia Dax as Greater War Goddes....and Ezry Dax(both from DS-9) as a Goddes of Exploration and Wisdom.
  • xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2014
    Hey! You forgot for to list me in your detailed analysis there, however I find it unfortunate that you had not added Mystra to the list there, though deceased I believe she still deserves a mention for having caused such a large event to have taken place in the Lore of Dungeons and Dragons having quite a large impact upon it.

I commend you on your excellent and well detailed guide on the deities, though I do hope for the Role-play guide & help for to have all the information compiled into one thread rather than scattered across the forums, I do look forward for to direct those curious of the different gods to this resource for the future to come.
  • yriel3yriel3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As of the recent events of the Sundering, there are many deities missing. Mystra, Mask, Helm, Tyr, Lathander (which has taken Aumanator's place, since the two of them are basically faces of the same god), Eilistraee, Vhaeraun, Nobanion, Bhaal have all returned in 5th edition FR. The 5e PHB lists many other deities previously considered dead (like Myrkul or Leira), so they could very well be back too. The cosmolgy seems to have reverted to the Great Wheel, with the addition of the Feywild and Shadowfell.