test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.10

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    • Chaos Magic: This feat can now no longer be improperly activated out of combat.
    • Icy Terrain: This power now correctly reduces the cooldown at rank 4.
    • Arcane Power Field: This power no longer improperly activates while not slotted.
  • Devoted Cleric:
    • Anointed Army: This power now works as expected at Rank 4.
    • Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    • Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    • Geas: This power now properly respects control immunities.
    • Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Weapon Master: Rank 4 of this power now works as expected.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Aimed Shot: Rank 4 of this power now correctly reduces the charge time of the power.
    • Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    • Stormstep Action: This class feature no longer grants more recharge than expected with Seismic Shot.
  • Oathbound Paladin
    • Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    • Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    • Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
  • Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.

Content and Environment
  • Dread Ring: The daily event now displays the correct rewards for each day.
  • Sharandar: Hunter Rangers may now use the sharandar store.
  • Tiamat's Hoard: Update the Hoard text to reflect the actual rewards given out in the Tiamat fight.

Items and Economy
  • Companions: Augment companion stats no longer go down when upgraded to Legendary quality.
  • Items
    • Dragon Queen's Key: Updated the text to display the correct items that can be awarded. This is a text change only, it now properly displays the chest can award the Elemental Alliance armor.
    • Inscribed Shirt and Pants for Oathbound Paladin now scale after level 60.
    • Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times."
    • Professions: Leadership: the Enchanted Coffer reward had a bug that skewed its rewards to Elemental Resources. From now on Enchanted Coffers will be much more varied in their rewards.
    • Sound of the Sea shirt can now be properly equipped by Oathbound Paladins.

Performance and Stability
  • We have identified and resolved an issue that some powers could stick around indefinitely under certain conditions (Arcane Singularity and others) and over the course of a servers lifetime could begin to cause server performance issues.
  • We have made some server adjustments to Adventure Zone maps to help combat lag and rubberbanding.

User Interface
  • Item Level is now more prominent on item tooltips.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    The .10 will be updated at 4pm PST today

.10 patch notes added:
    Combat: Control Wizard: Chaos Magic: This feat can now no longer be improperly activated out of combat.
    Combat: Control Wizard: Icy Terrain: This power now correctly reduces the cooldown at rank 4.
    Combat: Control Wizard: Arcane Power Field: This power no longer improperly activates while not slotted.
    Combat: Hunter Ranger: Stormstep Action: No longer improperly triggered more than once by Seismic Shot.
    Combat: Hunter Ranger: Aimed Shot: Rank 4 of this power now correctly reduces the charge time of the power.
    Combat: Great Weapon Fighter: Weapon Master: Rank 4 of this power now works as expected.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How do you guys decide on version numbers?
    20150416c.9

Wouldn't this be 20150512a.1 ?
  • dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Metalllic Ancestry: You receive 3% more healing from all spells and abilities. Your Hit Points are increased by 3%.
    HP boost from this racial racial trait still not working.
    As Chromatic Dragonborn MY HP:
    241s9qr.png

Now as Metallic Dragonborn MY HP:
    10xfujo.png

This is a Huge Game breaking issue cuz the prize of Metallic Dragonborn is 9-10 mill or mybe more if you want to open it from lockbox.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No word on avalanche boon fix?

Please its urgent, it's preventing SW from being able to pvp properly, put internal cooldown on it!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?892951-BUG-Icewind-Date-last-boon-quot-Avalance-quot-multiprocs
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you fixed the rubberbanding, but have you guys fixed the fact that mobs still 1 shot everyone. Like... always?

Also - the Tiamat change is great. But has Tiamat even been completed yet this mod?
  • prstonprston Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Vorpal pure/trans no news ?
    And any info on patch note from 21st, new dungeons maybe ? and please dont drop the difficulty on tiamat its doable.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    prston wrote: »
    and please dont drop the difficulty on tiamat its doable.

I laughed. Doable only if you close your eyes, sing a song and pretend half the team does not consist of SW's with fabled and CW's with bugged feytouched.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rank 6 darks give 150 stats instead of 180
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I laughed. Doable only if you close your eyes, sing a song and pretend half the team is not SW's with fabled and CW's with bugged feytouched.

The only groups completing these are going with all SW's and CW's and bugging the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it... I am going to go out on a limb and say this has less than a 0.0000000000001% chance to be completed. Mystra has been granting a **** load of power to turn back the weave this mod.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Doable he says... I haven't heard of a PUG succeeding, and probably wouldn't believe it without say... a dozen videos of it being completed with a PUG. Nice to see minor fixes trickling in. The game is still borked, but I'll at least pop in for the next couple of weeks to see if you've gotten around to the really important stuff.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so... what is geas usable for now?

you made a skill that is of zero use, in all circumstances as a capstone power.

fine.. in fact just dump it , I would like another and better aoe dps skill or a better short range aoe heal instead.

someone really needs to relook at DC, this whole mod 6 work was a pretty unremarkable set back on the whole for the class.
    edited May 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I laughed. Doable only if you close your eyes, sing a song and pretend half the team does not consist of SW's with fabled and CW's with bugged feytouched.

tiamat isnt doable by any group that isnt cheating.. which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I made a long thread about having it done legit wise.. which has been ignored. it will never be done non cheat until its gated differently.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thaumaturgic stones are listed to give 5 x on vorpals etc
  • prstonprston Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In case you dont know yet tiamat has been done more than once already, with no cheat just good players with brains.
    And pugs aren't suppose to be able to beat the "supposely" hardest boss in-game.
    edited May 2015
    prston wrote: »
    In case you dont know yet tiamat has been done more than once already, with no cheat just good players with brains.
    And pugs aren't suppose to be able to beat the "supposely" hardest boss in-game.

and how are you gating poeple out? even timed instances are getting mixes.. just because of the small amount of people entering. It doesnt take brains, it takes the ability for the group to achieve the 60% arp. the mobs are still easy enough..
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    panderus wrote: »

Items and Economy

[*][*]Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times."

Hey, first off thanks for the work Panderus. I know we all get upset when changes are not fixed imemdiately and I get it, different people working on different things.

Many of us just get VERY upset when there are other issues that it seems you guys pick and choose what to fix and when...

Like Life Drinker for instance, clearly not WAI with multi stacking... But what about other enchants like Vorpal for instance?

The Pure and Trans Vorpal versions are NOT working correctly and NOT providing the extra 2% buff/debuff.

What is happening is the Pure version actually DEBUFFS your OWN character.

Would sure be nice to have an answer or a quick fix on that one?

Or the TransFeytouhced enchant.
    Issue 1) Its doing the AoE correctly but then its giving the wearer 3x 18% damage bonus from that AoE. Shouldnt it only be 18% MAX? With a 20 second uptime this seems not WAI or just incredibly bad oversight on the DEV part making an enchant THAT good.

Issue 2) If you stand in Hallowed Ground for instance it ends up DEBUFFING your damage to next to nothing, so it clearly has some weird interaction with other powers as well. Maybe its time to revisit the coding and change something there...

Id honestly suggest just removing the AoE since prior versions seemed to work fine. The fact it is a 20 second uptime is more than a buff and this removed the "multiproc" issue. Its still FAR better than most other enchants - especially ones that DONT even work properly.....

Then you have things like Elven Battle that people claim are NOT working as intended and NOT shortening duration of control effects - or maybe its that the control effect is somehow BYPASSING this control resist? who knows?

Its just all these types of issues that SEEM you guys pick and choose what to fix and what not to fix when this stuff is ALL very important.

Was lifedrinker bugged? sure its strong but if your going to start fixing enchants why not make sure they all work as intended so we can actualyl USE some of them.... Right now Trans Fey is bugged its over powered in some and nerfed your own damage sometimes, Vorpal bugged and DEBUFFS your damage, and now you fix lifedrinker? What are we supposed to use? Perfect Enchants and NOT upgrade them?

Thanks!
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Hey, first off thanks for the work Panderus. I know we all get upset when changes are not fixed imemdiately and I get it, different people working on different things.

Many of us just get VERY upset when there are other issues that it seems you guys pick and choose what to fix and when...

Like Life Drinker for instance, clearly not WAI with multi stacking... But what about other enchants like Vorpal for instance?

The Pure and Trans Vorpal versions are NOT working correctly and NOT providing the extra 2% buff/debuff.

What is happening is the Pure version actually DEBUFFS your OWN character.

Would sure be nice to have an answer or a quick fix on that one?

Or the TransFeytouhced enchant.
    Issue 1) Its doing the AoE correctly but then its giving the wearer 3x 18% damage bonus from that AoE. Shouldnt it only be 18% MAX? With a 20 second uptime this seems not WAI or just incredibly bad oversight on the DEV part making an enchant THAT good.

Issue 2) If you stand in Hallowed Ground for instance it ends up DEBUFFING your damage to next to nothing, so it clearly has some weird interaction with other powers as well. Maybe its time to revisit the coding and change something there...

Id honestly suggest just removing the AoE since prior versions seemed to work fine. The fact it is a 20 second uptime is more than a buff and this removed the "multiproc" issue. Its still FAR better than most other enchants - especially ones that DONT even work properly.....

Then you have things like Elven Battle that people claim are NOT working as intended and NOT shortening duration of control effects - or maybe its that the control effect is somehow BYPASSING this control resist? who knows?

Its just all these types of issues that SEEM you guys pick and choose what to fix and what not to fix when this stuff is ALL very important.

Was lifedrinker bugged? sure its strong but if your going to start fixing enchants why not make sure they all work as intended so we can actualyl USE some of them.... Right now Trans Fey is bugged its over powered in some and nerfed your own damage sometimes, Vorpal bugged and DEBUFFS your damage, and now you fix lifedrinker? What are we supposed to use? Perfect Enchants and NOT upgrade them?

Thanks!

I think the issue is how easy it is to replicate the problem. He already has said they are having problems replicating vorp/fey. Probably affects elven battle too as half the people say its working and half don't.

Lifedrinker is mad easy to replicate also pretty much once it was figured out everyone jumped on it. Just look at all the BiS in PvP, all of sudden you see them with trans life, takin advantage of those stacks.

I am actually glad they are fixing these things as quick as they are. First bloodtheft,now lifedrinker. Heck these would have taken 4 months to fix a few mods ago

in fact, there are bugs I would put higher priority than the ones you mention. Why should hallowed ground take priority over SW "0" damage bug, etc Mod 6 was a pandora box of bugs and it is going to take awhile to get them sorted. Most of the peps have taken a break from making/buying trans enchants until they finish these fixes.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is control wizard - icy terrain rank 4 going to be fixed next week?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    finally geas fixed back to real tactics for dungeons:)

By real tactics you mean 3 CW's 1 GF/OP and a DC?

Also someone should probable check this patch for more ninja nerfs that are unlisted.
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reds351 wrote: »

Also someone should probable check this patch for more ninja nerfs that are unlisted.

Yeah I'll probably be checking that, won't want my paladin to deal lesser damage than my current which I am very happy about.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015

nope usually i am the only wizard in a t2 fight.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol, I can't believe that there were daily/encounter powers persisting forever. When I saw their animation randomly playing with no players around, I should have suspected it, but I thought it was just the devs recycling the animation for whatever reason. Arcane sing was one I saw often with no source.
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol, I can't believe that there were daily/encounter powers persisting forever. When I saw their animation randomly playing with no players around, I should have suspected it, but I thought it was just the devs recycling the animation for whatever reason. Arcane sing was one I saw often with no source.

There is, therefore they were actually lagging those maps. Hope most of the lags are resolved by now. :D
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yeah...I spend a lot of time organising legit runs (read no geas) for t2 dungeons and we do not run that party comp. The people who think it is the most efficient are deluding themselves, you want 1 heal (dc/OP) 1 tank (gf/op) 1 wizard, 1 gwf/tr and then an optional slot for either a dps or, if you got a dc, then a heal OP.
  • buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2015
    Transcendant Bonding runestone does not proc companions gift on no augment. PErfect procs fine. pls fix next patch
  • berthraktusberthraktus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUG:

Knight Valor (GF) + Soulforged(all ranks)

If I die for the damage of the party not active soulforged

Plz, panderus see this.
    No Pain -.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUG:

Knight Valor (GF) + Soulforged(all ranks)

If I die for the damage of the party not active soulforged

Plz, panderus see this.

that soulforged bug is around since mod 5. dont keep your hopes up they will fix it soon.
  • berthraktusberthraktus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    that soulforged bug is around since mod 5. dont keep your hopes up they will fix it soon.

Let's see if at least some response is made. This bug occurs a long time.
    No Pain -.
This discussion has been closed.