test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DH Changes - Battle Against Bots and Legit Players| Cryptic please

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Just give us a speciffic option for reporting botters in the Help screen.

Shoving the problem over to changing how in-game items behave to battle botting is like shoving the problem under the rug by giving legit players a hard time.

It's just lame. And apparently the current in game reports are not being reviewed by anyone at all.

I've personally reported a great number of botters and not the small, farmbots but players who have their char full of legendaries (soon to be mythic) sitting in one place for hours spamming 3 spells in regular intervals.

And lo and behold, there they are again. Names I've come to know and see several times in the past.

Either give us a solid option to report them or do something solid to get rid of them other than changing how items behave. Please.

Ps* Before anyone jumps in and cries such a feature would be abused.

It's really too easy even for an automated system to check if you've been siting Idle on the same map coordinates for hours spamming spells in standard intervals and decide if a report is bogus or not.

[EDIT] For Christ's sake....I was in Icepire Peak when I wrote that.
Changed instance to go farm somewhere else...and there we go again....there's another one..

[EDIT 2] For real ?! And another one in the next instance....

I got 2 DCs and and a TR till now...GG
Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there is no reason to report bots, after what cryptic has done with artifact equips and other stuff, bots are on our side
    Paladin Master Race
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    there is no reason to report bots, after what cryptic has done with artifact equips and other stuff, bots are on our side

Agreed with this. The bots actually make the system remotely workable. Plus self botting is just going after little fish. I honestly think that if bots didn't exist, the whole system would collapse on itself unless it was specifically designed with bots in mind. Cryptic have shown many a time they're willing to punish players in the name of protecting botting (whether you believe it or not). Binding keys to "protect us", leadership delays, binding wards and rp, bag binding, hoard drop rate stealth nerf. Unfortunately it's not going to stop soon, at least I doubt it will.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @OP reporting bots ingame is a pointless waste of time , at one point in Protectors enclave several TR bots who were autoattacking were standing near to the mailbox next to where Knox is for several weeks all from one guild , I reported them numerous times and not a thing was done , they remained in place auto attacking for day after day , it is obviously much more simpler to change and nerf ingame items and penalize regular legit players .

Also like somebody already pointed out , why report bots , they are now really the only realistic way for non spenders to even hope to ever fully level their enchantments and artifacts/gear which kinda says it all about the ridiculous RP system .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    [...]...no amount of player reporting will make any difference. I still do it out of good habit, but I'm fully aware that it will not solve the problem.

Yeah, but they should punish the wrongdoers, not the mechanism nor all players.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, but they should punish the wrongdoers, not the mechanism nor all players.

I feel they don't have the ability to stop the bots, so they go for the nuclear approach each time.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You couldn't be more wrong. Bots are just about the worst cancer you can get afflicted by if you're an MMO.
    Increased server load, drop rates nerfed, Cryptic loses income (not unimportant), accounts getting hacked (Karma perhaps in some cases, but without buying from them even I have been the victim of an attempted hack), the problems bots bring are endless and growing every day they are on your servers. You think the cheap RP you buy from bots are better than a decent un-nerfed drop rate?

That said, Cryptic has let botting go unpunished for so long there's indeed no point in reporting anymore. The army is here now, and unless you fight the principle of botting directly, no amount of player reporting will make any difference. I still do it out of good habit, but I'm fully aware that it will not solve the problem.

Not quite sure exactly what your point is. But i'll answer to a few of your statements:

1. the problems bots bring are endless and growing every day they are on your servers

It's not our servers, it's theirs.

2. You think the cheap RP you buy from bots are better than a decent un-nerfed drop rate?

Of course. How long will it take for you to level 1 artifact to legendary without stacks of rank 4 / 5s available from the AH?
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I feel they don't have the ability to stop the bots, so they go for the nuclear approach each time.

if they did nuclear approach it would be better than these half-arsed measures. if they did what should be done ppl would qq a lot, a lot would quit but the problem would be more or less fixed
    Paladin Master Race
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    -sigh- Grammar appears to be difficult for some people. Fine, I'll rephrase that sentence:

Better?

Then you're part of the problem. A player should be able to get what he needs in-game at a reasonable rate, without having to resort to 3rd party botted drops or using bot programs themselves. If this is not the case, you've got yourself a degrading and dieing game.

Hmm, then i would say this:

1. So if it's not our servers, why should we care at all? It's up to them to fix it, ultimately.

2. Quite so, but what's a reasonable rate? If I refine my artifacts strictly using what I get, I will be done about 10 years from now. And I agree with you, a player should not have to resort to 3rd party drops, but again, whose problem really is this? Who's forcing players to resort to 3rd party drops? I certainly didn't.

And I don't have a degrading a dying game, they do. It frankly has nothing to do with me.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reds351 wrote: »

The game doesn't even have the most basic anti-bot detection, ie a character using the same patterns, doing the same activity for a very extended amount of time, suspicious amounts of resources and trade, and so on.