test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There are still good souls in this game.

shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to say that some stranger, amidst the sky rocketing prices that come with 2x RP, decided to give me his Lostmauth Artifact for free just because I asked if I could buy it off him right after he obtained it. I am still shocked, as this is the time I would of least expected someone to be kind specially considering this artifact is selling for more than double it's price. He told me the problem with this mod is that it's too hard to get something by yourself without help. I hope I can one day repay him and offer help to another person in need.

Anyway, just wanted to spread some word of love, it's this kind of acts that keep the community and the game alive :)
Post edited by shierago on

Comments

• quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nice and gz :)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1

Pay it forward. Always.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i do stuff like that. its more fun for me to give them away than it is to accept the gift. ive given away millions. its too much fun.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Personally I wonder if it does more harm than good. Don't get me wrong it's a good deed especially in this case. But in other cases I fear that it promotes being lazy and relying on others and also greed. There are entitled people out there after all. I also have my own greed so I tend to keep most of my stuff to myself, but I also don't like handouts personally.
    i like your reasoning i hadnt thought about that.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Makes you want to keep playing.
    +1

Pay it forward. Always.
  • shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep in mind, I had more than 2m AD saved up, and I wanted to buy the artifact fro at least 1.5-1.7m. But prices went up like mad and became unreachable. I had already stressing enough about the other 2 pieces of the set but this great guy saved me the struggle. But yes I hope this didn't give the wrong message.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Personally I wonder if it does more harm than good. Don't get me wrong it's a good deed especially in this case. But in other cases I fear that it promotes being lazy and relying on others and also greed. There are entitled people out there after all. I also have my own greed so I tend to keep most of my stuff to myself, but I also don't like handouts personally.

No harm, no foul done here; there is a big difference between panhandlers and proffering to *buy* said item. Thus, I think it was an awesomely great gesture on the part of the gift-giver, who obviously (and rightly so) doesn't take a *game* too seriously.

@OP: Congratulations, never forget. Pay it forward whenever you can as often as you can. Yes: there actually really still are kind people in this virtual world with the right hearts and minds.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No harm, no foul done here; there is a big difference between panhandlers and proffering to *buy* said item. Thus, I think it was an awesomely great gesture on the part of the gift-giver, who obviously (and rightly so) doesn't take a *game* too seriously.

LOL! You beat me to it. I was going to offer-up a similar response.

Great minds think alike! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's a rare pearl you met there.

Congrats.
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! You beat me to it. I was going to offer-up a similar response.

Great minds think alike! :)

No, it is only accidental when great minds think alike. Geniuses like us, however, are more often synchronized in our logic than most of the populace at large. But we must not flaunt that too much, else we may hurt others' feelings. ~wink~
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nods.. another reason I enjoy playing.. and why I prefer voice groups.. in that chat box you don't really have much of a soul. but with voice you can hear people when their happy.. it puts a smile on my face =)

Some of the best moments I've had in this game are the selfless ones.
  • sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, it is only accidental when great minds think alike. Geniuses like us, however, are more often synchronized in our logic than most of the populace at large. But we must not flaunt that too much, else we may hurt others' feelings. ~wink~

Is that you Christopher Chattlebell?

I think we know that you're a genius already from the many times you've told us in the Neverdeath Graveyard.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shierago wrote: »
    Keep in mind, I had more than 2m AD saved up, and I wanted to buy the artifact fro at least 1.5-1.7m. But prices went up like mad and became unreachable. I had already stressing enough about the other 2 pieces of the set but this great guy saved me the struggle. But yes I hope this didn't give the wrong message.

Congrats on getting the gear, with 2xrp now is a good time to refine it up as much as you can, but the above comment is what's wrong with this game right there. People should not feel pressure or stress in trying to get gear. This game is suppose to be fun. And the devs have taken every inch of fun out of this game.

That's the reason for the rage on the forums. That's the reason the playerbase is as nasty and hostile as it is towards one another. Because the devs have made it so.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not geniuses in the traditional sense. There are some of us whose Emotional Intelligence and Empathy far exceeds the standard. Often times the people that play MMO's are the most caring Emotionally intelligent people I have met.

Why wouldn't we help out other players who are like us?

I think this comes from actually living and being mature... and clearly not in the traditional sense of maturity, either. If we were that mature we would not play MMO's... lol
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited May 2015

Yes, for sure! I don't like hurting the feelings of others, unless they are being outright "holes."

"Great minds think alike" is a quote we use around our house when two of us think of the same thing at the same time, which happens a lot. Except it drives the 16-year-old son a bit crazy when we say it . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited May 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Not geniuses in the traditional sense. There are some of us whose Emotional Intelligence and Empathy far exceeds the standard. Often times the people that play MMO's are the most caring Emotionally intelligent people I have met.

Why wouldn't we help out other players who are like us?

I think this comes from actually living and being mature... and clearly not in the traditional sense of maturity, either. If we were that mature we would not play MMO's... lol

Very excellent observation!

In the prior MMO I played for about 6.5 years straight, I met a LOT of emotionally intelligent people. It was possibly the most empathetic player base I have ever encountered. Sadly, they made too many changes I did not like, so I moved on to NW. And I tend to be a one-game-at-a-time MMO-er. :)

• nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    That's the reason for the rage on the forums. That's the reason the playerbase is as nasty and hostile as it is towards one another. Because the devs have made it so.

Don't get fooled, the devs are just evil spawns, and the code they write is black magic, meant to be revealing everyone's true valors and so hell's logistic can know how much hotel rooms they have to provision.
    edited May 2015
    Is that you Christopher Chattlebell?

I think we know that you're a genius already from the many times you've told us in the Neverdeath Graveyard.

LOL

A real genius hides it. ~winks~

@Thread: here's the thing: a lot of the "rage" we see in the forums is emotion we can't help but to interject into what we're reading, likely due to the way the text is phrased or worded. For example I see a lot of threads called "Suggestion: do this" - which sounds and feels condescending and "Greater than thou the Devs" when in reality what the poster means is "Request: please consider this..."

So, yeah: I believe *most* people here in this game (and even on the forums) are genuinely good, nice people. As someone said above: Voice is the only way to tell what's really going on.

As for myself: I don't throw items around willy-nilly, (it can be rude as well,) but if someone were to ask or proffer buying something I don't need I'd just toss it to them, no charge. To me selling on the AH is just a way of getting rid of something and earning a little AD in the process. I never bother to sell the 50 "99" stacks of skill kits I always have and whatnot - easier to just sell to a vendor.

But I ramble - you get the idea.

A thread like this is a gem in the forums because it highlights a real positive; something I think happens a lot more often than we're aware. But just the same: the OP trumpets a real hero and I'm happy for both of them and happy to know about it.

[And surely people know my "Genius" comment is me just funning' Well, not really. I am smarter than the rest of the Universe so get used to it. ~cough~]
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What the world needs, is less judgement and more kindness.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury