What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Daily Quest: The Wizard's Tower NW-DOQO84CYR

rabbitfeverrabbitfever Member Posts: 31
The Wizard's Tower NW-DOQO84CYR
by @rabbitfever

Daily Quest
Duration: 25 minutes

Storyline: Answering a job posting for a new courier to make a 'special delivery' to a tower on Seacrag Point south of Neverwinter. You find this delivery is going to be harder than you planned. You got a package to deliver and no one is going to stop you.

[IMG][/img]qNWdHBB.jpg

Also looking for plays and reviews for "The Lost Ghost" NW-DTXOTHE6I and "The Vicar of Cyric" NW-DML9CT5A5

[IMG][/img]AgfcGYQ.jpg
"The Lost Ghost" view of Moon Falls under siege.

[IMG][/img]tfMP57T.jpg
"The Vicar of Cyric" view of a corridor inside an ancient temple leading to a 'dark ceremony'.
Proud Member of "Scribes' Enclave" Foundry Guild
The War of Powers campaign.

Part 1: "The Wizard's Tower" NW-DOQO84CYR
Part 2: "The Lost Ghost " NW-DTXOTHE6I
Part 3: "The Vicar of Cyric" NW-DML9CT5A5
Part 4: "The Road to Ghazoth-Dar" NW-DTKMIEEDQ
Part 5: "The Amulet of Living Flame" NW-DASCPGPZM
Part 6: "Shadowskull Castle" NW-DAYFJEW2T
Post edited by rabbitfever on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is an excellent campaign, anyone who hasn't played through it is really missing out. :)
  • rabbitfeverrabbitfever Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2013
    Promotional Bump ;)

• rabbitfeverrabbitfever Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2013
    Monthly Bump

• clausbclausb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Monthly Bump

I really enjoyed the first quest in this series, but now I'm stuck on the 'lost ghost'. I've just finished searching for cyrics camp and the next step is to 'search for the secret path to moon falls' but I can't find it. Second time I've tried, no quest indicator or anything. Wandered most of the map.

Just wondering is this is broken? Or if I'm missing something?
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Wizard's Tower
    I played this with my level 60 cleric.

This is a fantastic quest, I highly recommended it. This is especially true for any fan of Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator as it is in the same vein. You have a quest that is funny, varied, and features beautiful sets. My only regret is that I had given out my maximum tips for the day so a 5 star is the best I could do.

For improvement, generally speaking you will want to go through and make sure you have the right verb tense in some places. If you download a word processor like OpenOffice (which is free) you can check spelling and grammar. It is a big help to type everything out there before trying to edit in those teeny tiny dialogue boxes.

Play Through Notes

-In the first line with Khalin (the description line) you don't need the comma
    -in the dialogue in which you shake Khalin's hand his name is misspelled
    -he is also missing his H in the following dialogue
    -in the letter next to the package "ruin" should be "ruined"
    -I really liked the tower exterior
    -I also liked the tower interior. It is really a pain that we don't have a room set that works for a tower and just the one preset map
    -in the first conversation with my new friend 'happen' should be "happened" and 'pass' should be "passed"
    -in the journal it should be "Renn is very pleased"
    -in the letter from Tolman Eight Toes you don't need the comma between Dear and Mondankar
    -I really like my new companion!
    -the maze is very good
    -oh jumping...I'm terrible at these!
    -Khalin is sometimes spelled Kalin in the end objectives and dialogues.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • erithedarkerithedark Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    one little extra:
    please stop your madness witht he rocks in the first quest:
    i just didnt talked to the ghost but were already at the point where i have to escape the collapsing hallway. now i managed to get back to talk with the ghost but my way out of the hallway is still blocked :( no way i could go through that rocks :(
    maybe add a door between the collapsing hallway escape point and the way to the ghost that is only openable if you already talked to the ghost.
  • blu3rav3n517blu3rav3n517 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi there,
    I would really like to run through this quest, as I'm seeing all kinds of great reviews for it, but I can't seem to find "Ironhammer & Sons".
    I'm a new player, so I ask that you excuse my stupidity. there's no way I can mark my trail to guide me there, and I've tried Googling the location repeatedly to no avail.
    Can someone please direct me to a nearby landmark or otherwise help me find the start location?
    Thank you in advance!
  • alisakborekalisakborek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying to get through "The Vicar of Cyric". I have found 3 Gate Keys. I can get through the second gate, but cannot get through the Third. It just won't let me through, even though I've explored everything I can explore and have the key.

The 'pathing' keeps redirecting me back to the Second Gate.

PLEASE HELP.

The
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just played Wizard's Tower. Comments below. If you could play and review The Sealing of Najena's Lair, NW-DBQH5L5QB, I would be very thankful. Thanks again!

===

Grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> checking in. Sorry :P

Wizard's Tower: Prologue. The interactable floor says I see a dwarf waving at me. He's not waving! He should wave...
    Nicely decorated room.

Dialog could use some care with punctuation; I won't give specifics. Some commas needed. Some run-on sentences need splitting into two or more.

"courier person"? Just say "courier"?

"waiting for some time now"

"I'm starting to have second thoughts of seeing a wizard. They can be a cantankerous group of people ...." Better would be, perhaps, "I'm having second thoughts. Wizards are cantankerous on their good days." That was you don't have a singular wizard opening the paragraph, and then continuing to talk about a group of them in the second sentence.

"He is unlikely to turn you into a toad, then notice your very existence." I'm not sure what you're trying to say, here. "He's unlikely to turn you into a toad. I doubt he cares if you even exist."

"... and under no circumstance is the package to be opened."

Dialog for Ziggy Ironhammer doesn't have a continue or anything. Same for Gym.

I'm hearing dialog from Marcus, Brucee, Micky and Raz who are apparently talking to me, but I can't see them. Hah! Found them in the next room. Okay. Lazy dorfs.

Letter on crate starts with "Dear, Ironhammer." Should be "Dear Ironhammer," then a blank line. Letter goes on to say, "the contents will be ruin...". Want "ruined" there.

"This flag standard is torn and cover in dry blood". A standard IS a flag. "This standard is torn and covered in dry blood."

Did those lights turn on as I passed those statues? Neat!

"Stop looking at the floor, you are about to run into some nasty looking gentlement." That would be best in the OOC font. Typo: gentlemen.

"A disembodied male voice shouts." Does it truly have no body? Voices don't shout. "You hear a male shout." "Suddenly, a man's shout splits the fetid atmosphere." Etc.

"What? Who said that?" Didn't say anything, perhaps, "What? Who is it?" No time for introductions, the battle is upon you -- but it isn't. After a few seconds, some guys walked slowly past, not seeing me. Perhaps have them rush the player's position? That one looter was pretty tough. Nice fight.

"Still dosen't tell what you are?" = "You still haven't told me what you are."

"I'm a ghost! Have you not figured it out, yet?"

"For the last 1143 years, I have been passed from one boring scholar to another...". He died of boring old age. Boring students. He really dislikes boredom, but, it was his decision to lead a boring life.

Ghost calls the wizard Mondandar, but isn't it Mondankar elsewhere?

"Oh, forgive me. I didn't ask for your name."

"You give Erimenes your name."

The only option given is to uncork the bottle, which was explicitly forbidden by the terms of the contract. Shouldn't NOT opening the bottle and obeying the terms of your contract at least be an option?

"Erimenes does a bow towards you." How about, "Erimenes bows to you."?

"Let's leave this place, Player..."

"No, I've got to deliver you..."

"Alright, before you go...." = "All right, ..."

"Renn is very pleased with me...."
    ", whom I hope to see soon..."

Portals to Other Planes for Dummies :) I like it!

Loved the collapsing hallway!

Talking to a dead body is weird. Perhaps cover it with an interactable and just do an "examine"? And WHAT mysterious woman? I didn't see a mysterious woman. I may have been distracted by the gate opening to my left as I came up the hall.

"You find a bloodstained letter..."

"... as where your instructions." Were? Per? "and threatened to kill us."

"The creature is like looking into chaos itself" = "Looking at the creature is like looking into chaos itself", or, "The creature is chaos itself". Simile vs metaphor. "It attacked us right away." "We lost eight good men." "If the Black Sun protects us..." "... we died for her glory..."

"The faster we get out of this place,..."

Not sure Erimenes realizes I am female. Not really after wenches....

"You can feel a sense of madness coming from the otherside of the door" = "Madness roars beyond the door"?

"Its in my head" = "It's in my head"
    "I'm a ghost of no importance. Go away!"

I enjoyed the maze! Sparkle was useless. Knights are so kite-able.

I like the water beginning to poor in!

"This is Crusader Wallist's body. Blood, and bits of brains, ooze from his nose."

"You were about to open... so loud you almost soil your pants."

"You feel like you are going to black out, but you hear Erimenes screaming your name." Maybe make this more active, as we are about to be killed by a monster?

"On the edge of blacking out, Erimenes screams your name. Stunned by the blow from behind, your fingers fly open, and the bottle bounces across the chamber. You leap after it, but the monster has other plans."

Aha, battle tested bats! I see what you did there. Another eminently kite-able monster.

This assassin is pretty chatty. She gives detailed information about her organization, goals, methods and associates, and I don't have to do anything but listen!

Oh! She caught on! Clever!

"Loud crack of rock over head."

"One of the woman's hands points at you. You start to feel dizzy from somekind of sleep spell being cast on you." = "The woman points at you. You feel dizzy as a sleep spell takes hold."

I like the fade out/fade in with deeper water. That was nice.

Nice climb! That was fun. Jumps easy enough that even I could do them.

Nice ruined tower!

---

I loved the level design, the pacing, and the puzzles. Erimenes was a gas, too. Some language problems, as I've noted above. Minor, though. Will play the next tomorrow! Gotta sleep now.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • rodneypingrodneyping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same issue with me. I noticed that the Second gate still flashes the word "locked" in red every time I open it. I've left the game, came back, abandoned the quest and re-accepted with no change.
    I'm trying to get through "The Vicar of Cyric". I have found 3 Gate Keys. I can get through the second gate, but cannot get through the Third. It just won't let me through, even though I've explored everything I can explore and have the key.

The 'pathing' keeps redirecting me back to the Second Gate.

PLEASE HELP.

The
  • killianthefoxkillianthefox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is the best Foundry quest line in existence. Bar none. Thank you rabbitfever for creating it.

Is there an ETA on the final chapter/conclusion?
  • roninatxroninatx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I couldn't complete the Wizard's tower. I got to "Examine the body on the ground" where you have to click on Mondankar. At the end of the dialog after I hear the roar behind me, "..but your attacker has other plans for you", the only selectable option says "1. Continue (You do not have this skill)"
  • straubmanstraubman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm stuck. I killed all the crusaders in the big room. My next step is "Make your way to the next room". There is a rockslide in the way when I go through the door and no way through it that I can see. I'd appreciate a hint here. Thanks!
  • rac45rac45 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree - I would also like to do this quest (The Wizard's Tower), but can't find any start point. Give us a clue, please!
  • kethiankethian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm stuck on "The Vicar of Cyric." It says to go deeper into the caves, I just talked to the guardian, but I can't find a way to continue. There is no path and no way out of the room. What seems like an exit is covered in rocks and I can't get through. i finally had to abandon the quest.
  • tekmagitekmagi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rac45 wrote: »
    I agree - I would also like to do this quest (The Wizard's Tower), but can't find any start point. Give us a clue, please!

I too am stuck at this point. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?
  • tekmagitekmagi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am stuck at the same place as straubman. No way through.
  • kendaricvkendaricv Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kethian wrote: »
    I'm stuck on "The Vicar of Cyric." It says to go deeper into the caves, I just talked to the guardian, but I can't find a way to continue. There is no path and no way out of the room. What seems like an exit is covered in rocks and I can't get through. i finally had to abandon the quest.

Stuck at that point as well. I may be missing something obvious or the script to trigger the exit isn't firing.

Edit: Resolved. After relogging, the door worked as intended.
  • ellisabetthaellisabettha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm having the same problem... and I think my map is bugged... or some thing in the script. Can someone tell me if this is a bug, or I just have to search harder?
  • archlegend1230archlegend1230 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A "must do" jumping puzzle is not very nice for players. It better be an optional quest. I just drop the quest after falling down from the puzzle. *rage quit*
    Call of the Divines

Vol. 1 - The Calling
    ID: NW-DCSMPIMRK

Vol. 2 - Battle of Niflheim
    (Under Construction)
  • franconiumfranconium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    PLAGIARISM - Basic story and charactors are lifted straight out of 'The War of Powers' by Robert E. Vardeman & Victor Milan, First Published 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_Powers