test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with events~

obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
*Consider this a sort of rant rather than anything else. Discussions are welcomed, and civil manners are expected! ;)

There seems to be some sort of issue where events are triggering more persistent connection loss and allow the game to crash even further. I don't necessarily consider this a bug/glitch so forgive me if others think differently and feel this should be moved, but since this issue is quite common and tends to happen every time there is an ongoing event, I feel the need to express my thoughts and ultimately question whether or not the events are even worth putting in the game in the first place. I've run several epic dungeons during CTA: Orc Assault last weekend and several times it was several players including myself that would lose connection and be booted from the game at no warning. I also noticed that in-game time events like Dungeon Delves, PvP, Skirmeshes, and even the Professions were removed from the game during CTA: Orc Assault, probably to get players to stop queuing for them.

What I'm trying to say is, with everyone having little or no problems running event instances like CTA: Orc Assault (or Temple like this week), yet having this event interfere with a large portion of the game's playable content, why even go through with it? I can run a CTA and have no issues, or very little issues, but the moment I try to run an epic dungeon or a skirmish... *poof*! I'm seeing players disappear and lose connection, and sometimes I, myself, get booted off the game for a prolonged period of time!
Walk on wandering souls
For your respite we pray
Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
Post edited by obliviousluster on

Comments

• Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    Civil manners on Xbox? You are asking a lot...yeah I've had the same issue with epic dungeons and skirms but nothing else
  • Options
    obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Civil manners on Xbox? You are asking a lot...yeah I've had the same issue with epic dungeons and skirms but nothing else

No no no! xD I meant for replying in this thread! hahaha!!! :o
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If anything I'd assume it's more people over-all logging in to to the CTA and putting the servers under load, rather than some interaction between CTA and the hourly events.
    And I haven't really experienced the same thing, to be honest. For the most part my experience is pretty good - CTA or not. The few things I've noticed tend to be time based, and I'm putting them down to environmental issues in my own area (I'm in New Zealand, so it's not like anything happening in the US is likely to be impacting me a 7pm-9:30pm at night).

But for the sake of the argument, even if it was proven that something in CTA (other than server load) was nixing hourly events, I'd still prefer it that way. I can do the hourly stuff anytime during the week - for the weekend I want something new and/or exciting to do, and an exclusive companion hits that spot.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.