test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

Comments

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    So, now, they define if you play all day, you are a bot?
    This does not makes sense. Instead of looking for bot, they wipe out humans too.
    I think there is some movies have such story line but I can't recall what it is.

Armageddon? .... No wait. That's about the end of the world. This is about the end of this game.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That won't even hurt botters who probably have their leadership army ready and up to the task. If I were a botter that's what I do. Since drops are BoA, just log on the next alt once your dragon hoard is off. Easy, simple, probably already done by botters.

The level of stupidity of this change is appalling and proves that no one gave it an afterthought. It's only going to make the initial investment a bit higher for a botter, but it's still worth it. While only alienating legitimate players who might want to play for a bit longer than the now officially recommended game session, ie, 1h.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i cannot believe they did this just after i traded a bulette mount for a upgrade on my dragons hoard enchants.
    edited May 2015
    Servers are up. Let me go sell these Dragon Hoard Enchantments while they are still worth something. Here comes a multi-million AD loss. I hate getting sucker punched.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I love about this is, that they 'forgot' to mention this nerf to the dragon hoard in the patch notes, same way as they 'forgot' to mention, that in DD event the chest now costs a key and gives 3k RAD, making a second run worthless, if you are not lucky and get a sellable item. With the current patch they corrected the texts that gave the wrong impression, that the changes were not intentional.

A key costs 5k AD. 3k RAD and a ring etc, salvageable for 3k RAD, yay. I can sent the ring to a toon and refine the RAD, but 3k RAD on my main, sitting on 2.600k RAD...

It would be a more decent way, to tell us about the changes and not 'stealth nerf' things and tell us after a few weeks of complaining something like 'Oh, you noticed? Yea, we did X bc of Y, no biggy.'

I will test, if the CD is on the char or the enchants. Maybe a second set of dragon hoard enchants and an assault set for the dailies will 'fix' the 'fix'.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I will not spend a dime on RP, the moment I have to do so.. is the last day I play this game.

Simply put , if you cant grind/play for items yourself , then there is zero reason to play this game.

In addition, this is a terrible move, just another in a long line. They want to talk a good game, but do the exact opposite of everything we the playberbase has pointed out to be flaws.

... just another day in cryptic land.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    Since the dragon hoard RP is bound, how does this do anything but harm legitimate players? I thought the whole point in making the RP bound was that so legit players could farm their faces off if they chose to level up their artifacts?
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Simply put , if you cant grind/play for items yourself , then there is zero reason to play this game

Pretty much sums it up.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok. Here is your chance to prove that this is actually an exploit fix and not a cash grab. Between now and the next double RP event allow hoards to be traded in for 2x the total RP necissary to create them (including the RP value of the lesser you started with and the component hords for leveling and they cannot be spent on a 2x RP event) that can be applied to any artifact or artifact gear. Simply give us back what we invested in these now broken enchantments and allow us to apply it to our intended purpose. Make the RP BoA so the exploiters cannot sell it but we can apply it where we wish. We will eat the cost of the wards it took to level them.
    You lose... nothing. You lose pixels. You re-assure your player base that they can invest in progressing without it suddenly dissipating. And you end the many many many threads and rage-quits that this will inspire because Rp, one way or another, is the primary resource in NeverWinter. This is a fair and equitable solution. Honestly I am fairly certain that my suggestion will be deleted for 'reasons'
    edited May 2015
    Since the dragon hoard RP is bound, how does this do anything but harm legitimate players? I thought the whole point in making the RP bound was that so legit players could farm their faces off if they chose to level up their artifacts?

I suspect the botters are using the RP to make rank 10's or other enchantments which they then sell on the AH. This is still no excuse for punishing human players for playing too long.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Better start leveling your leadership...
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    What I love about this is, that they 'forgot' to mention this nerf to the dragon hoard in the patch notes, same way as they 'forgot' to mention, that in DD event the chest now costs a key and gives 3k RAD, making a second run worthless, if you are not lucky and get a sellable item. With the current patch they corrected the texts that gave the wrong impression, that the changes were not intentional.

A key costs 5k AD. 3k RAD and a ring etc, salvageable for 3k RAD, yay. I can sent the ring to a toon and refine the RAD, but 3k RAD on my main, sitting on 2.600k RAD...

It would be a more decent way, to tell us about the changes and not 'stealth nerf' things and tell us after a few weeks of complaining something like 'Oh, you noticed? Yea, we did X bc of Y, no biggy.'

I will test, if the CD is on the char or the enchants. Maybe a second set of dragon hoard enchants and an assault set for the dailies will 'fix' the 'fix'.
    let us know your findings.
    edited May 2015
    herpnderp2 wrote: »
    Better start leveling your leadership...

exactly what im working on now.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    The root of the problem continues to be the still ridiculous concept of artifact equipment requiring RP to level. Go back to a system where the best loot drops from dungeon bosses.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If we are under "new" management and this is the decisions they are making, why are people telling us to wait to fix things? They are already doing this right of the gate :(
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    everything is meant to limit how you progress.. but by the time you can actually progress, they will just shift out a new piece of artifact equipment anyways.

This is the exact opposite of the VERY long preview thread, warning them against this culture and practice. Its bad, very bad.

We need way more RP in the game not less if the continue with this system. All it does is locks you into playing one toon, all the time.

This game is just not enjoyable on the same levels it was in Mod 1-2, even 3. 4 was the start of bad practices, that have just continued and continued.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    let us know your findings.

cooldown is on account

i have two chars, both with normal hoards, dont help. i tried it before, think it dont changed

anyway HR is broken so i can play only GF )))))
    edited May 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    cooldown is on account

i have two chars, both with normal hoards, dont help

anyway HR is broken so i can play only GF )))))
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Time to put the dark enchantment to the utility slot..............
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Time to put the dark enchantment to the utility slot..............

yup ........
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tooltip for Dragon's Hoard Enchantment: "You have and x% chance after killing a foe to find a Refining Stone at your feet. Multiple copies of this Enchantment increase the chance of a find."

Nowhere in there does it mention the 30 second cooldown or this NEW nerf. People who buy these need the correct description so they can make an informed decision.

It's very disheartening.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Man I'm so annoyed....

Can't even upgrade my gear any better...

So yeah nice move devs, ruin the game for legit players. Why you punish people for trying to enjoy your game amazes me.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The unseen nerf is the deadliest...
    edited May 2015
    The simple solution is to hire someone who's ONLY purpose is to find and ban bots. Look at the auction house. People with 40x99 stacks. Investigate. Sure they could be legit (I've bought then resold 100's of stacks of many different items). But investigate. If they recently purchases a ton of them from the auction house for the purpose of reselling (Like me) a simple review of their mail history would tell you everything you need to know. If they just suddenly have 5000x99 of whatever, that's suspicious. If it just appeared and wasn't crafted or purchased it was mostly likely botted. Temp ban the account. Ask for an explanation.