test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.8

Comments

• gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    while i do like that you get rid of some of the exploits which were introduced in mod 6, based om the patch notes i still do not see any incentive for me to play nvo for at least another week.

and when i take a close look at the underlying changes introduced with mod 6, like dungeon chests and some of the other vital parts of the game that kept me playing... well, lets just say the general direction nvo takes and my personal understanding what to consider a "fun time" agree to disagree about them.

which makes me kinda sad, because up to mod 5 i really enjoyed the game.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am happy to see some bug fixes. Actions speak louder than words, and we are finally seeing some action. Thank you, and please continue to fix stuff next week. I am hoping for a look at the overall difficulty (1 shot newbies).
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bug on HR
    Root damage does not effect by arp
    Aspect of the lone wolf at rank 4 not give % deflect properly..
    hope it can be fixed soon..
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where are our dungeons, what about the 1 shot trash mobs, where are the rank 4 powers, where is a fix to ordinary skirmishes, where is the fix the event items, which still don't work as intended, like the Horn for instance, where is the fix to lag and rubber banding in Spinward Rise and VT, just to name a few.

Cool, these fixes are needed to, but the 1 shot issue should be set as priority NR 1!

Heck a T2 dungeon run is a bad joke by itself, that's why i would like to see a twitch stream.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still not fix to the disconnecting in PVP?. as expected, not great patches.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    piejal wrote: »
    bug on HR
    Root damage does not effect by arp
    Aspect of the lone wolf at rank 4 not give % deflect properly..
    hope it can be fixed soon..

im begging you to fix this im not accepted in dungeons anymore because of this bug!!!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im begging you to fix this im not accepted in dungeons anymore because of this bug!!!

I'm sad to say that we HR's got really screwed, especially the archers. As an archer I feel your pain, and my HR guildmates do as well. Last night we had a long conversation in guild chat about how insanely hard it is for HR's to get in dungeons and skirmishes and not be immediately kicked.

I never thought that I would be *glad* that the RNG has been mean to me and not granted me any extra power points yet, but the problems with HR's go a lot deeper. A great deal of the defenses that two of our feat paths rely upon have been taken away, with only Trapper being viable (and I'm willing to bet that even Trappers are getting insta-kicked in droves as well). Show me an HR that can take a couple of hits from trash mobs in Kessel without dropping and I'll show you a unicorn.

They wanted to end the practice of all-CW groups and perhaps they succeeded, but HR's everywhere have suffered massive collateral damage in the process. It's another case of -- wait for it -- killing ants with nuclear weapons.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I'm sad to say that we HR's got really screwed, especially the archers. As an archer I feel your pain, and my HR guildmates do as well. Last night we had a long conversation in guild chat about how insanely hard it is for HR's to get in dungeons and skirmishes and not be immediately kicked.

I never thought that I would be *glad* that the RNG has been mean to me and not granted me any extra power points yet, but the problems with HR's go a lot deeper. A great deal of the defenses that two of our feat paths rely upon have been taken away, with only Trapper being viable (and I'm willing to bet that even Trappers are getting insta-kicked in droves as well). Show me an HR that can take a couple of hits from trash mobs in Kessel without dropping and I'll show you a unicorn.

They wanted to end the practice of all-CW groups and perhaps they succeeded, but HR's everywhere have suffered massive collateral damage in the process. It's another case of -- wait for it -- killing ants with nuclear weapons.
    agree 100% add my in game @blackxxwolf3 im a trapper stun path because thats the best i can do but even then i ask if i can join anyone outside my guild they kick me instantly. because the exploits were found they kicked me too cause "hrs arent good anymore cws are better" thats what i keep getting told. im happy i got the burning set but im sure it will be obsolete soon anyways and since they nerfed dragon hoard enchants idk what im gonna do ingame anymore.
  • pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm, I have a question, why the **** GWF is invisible ??? I don't think that Weapon Master are fixed and now I think it won't be fixed at all. Waiting for about 3 weeks. But the most important why you are forcing just to leave this game, why not fixing powers rank 4 bug ?? I can't play with that bug becouse when I done ad respec I can't ad any feats or boons. I am like naked. Yes, I know that I can fix it with full respec, but why should I spend mine ad for nothing ? So please fix it faster. Becouse I am still waiting, but I think I won't be waiting and just quit...
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm gonna go against the grain here.

I was not at all disappointed in the patch notes. Thanks for the great work and keep it up. Looking forward to the Tiamat adjustments next week.

Cheers
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since I am tired of seeing people complain about dragon hoard enchants, I will just point out, there is a bug that causes them to function the way they used to, in old mod 0 areas :p So if you go vellosk for example, even if you are level 70 they will drop stones and they will drop stones at a mod 5 rate. Now stop whining will you :p

Even if this is true, it is not a solution. We have enough to do with dailies already. Finding the time to farm old areas is much easier said than done. What I'm tired of is being told to live with being ripped off.
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still no fix for disconnects kicking you from pvp, this is horribly frustrating, I have lost party members and seen other premades lose parties members at least 30 times to this, it is breaking 5vs5 dom, not only does it mean your team is doomed when it happens, you also get a 30 minutes penalty when it happens to you, this should be in your top 3 priority fixes, can't believe nothing has been done about it yet .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    knope88 wrote: »
    I was expecting Rank 4 fixes... :(

Check Here

And... Hunter Ranger's "Aspect of the Lone Wolf" skill grants only 5% deflect chance at level 4 (altough it should give 5% deflect per rank, that would mean 20% deflect at max rank)

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol like the scourge warlock, almost 90% of the warlocks powers do not activate lightning enchants, most @ will do proc it but stuff like dreadtheft doesn't even work, so this needs fixing

On the SW:
    Losing hope quickly for any fixes to the Temp SW spec.
    Players raised the issue of this feat build, which is built around LS, during Mod 6 preview.
    Cryptic did state that this would be treated as a special case owing to the core mechanics.

The rng aspect of LS needs to be removed for this feat line. You cannot have a build aimed at healing/support relying on the roll of a dice as to whether it works or not.

People will simply not want this spec in a group as it is. They will never ask for it in lfg. As it stands you may as well remove the Temptation feat line from the class.

Mod 6 has broken the Temptation SW. It is now probably the most unwelcome class build the players want to see anywhere in the game.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    I'm gonna go against the grain here.

I was not at all disappointed in the patch notes. Thanks for the great work and keep it up. Looking forward to the Tiamat adjustments next week.

Cheers

^This. These are the first patch notes we have seen in a while that seem realistically attainable considering the personnel changes. I would be very happy to see these thing happen and work.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    The rng aspect of LS needs to be removed for this feat line. You cannot have a build aimed at healing/support relying on the roll of a dice as to whether it works or not.

Soul Bonding works without RNG and directly heals a percentage of your damage to your allies. They reduced the healing amount, and I'd say way too much, but still you have to remember that the warlock is a striker class and not a healer.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasile1991 wrote: »
    And... Hunter Ranger's "Aspect of the Lone Wolf" skill grants only 5% deflect chance at level 4 (altough it should give 5% deflect per rank, that would mean 20% deflect at max rank)

Seconded, thirded... Thanks for your continuing work on the buglist, but with respect to the HR class, the number one priorities are our woeful defence - with rank 4 lonewolf bugging itself back to rank1, and our equally woeful offence, without arpen applying itself to roots.

As it stands of now we are rightfully unwanted in pve, and unfairly despised in pvp because of the daze encounter builds we are forced to adopt.

Fingers crossed for the next patch.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • freezingshardfreezingshard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tonis1000 wrote: »
    FIX DRAGON HOARD ENCHANTMENTS PLEASE , it has 10minute cooldown , or even more

thats not true. although they drop less then before mod6. i think they drop a little to less but 10 minutes is just untrue. you have a 30 sec cooldown, but i dont know if that counts for all enchantments if a rp-stone drop or just for 1 of them.
  • freezingshardfreezingshard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the early patch notes and fixing some of the things the players have pointed out as important.

The Rank 4 power situation is game breaking though. PWE/Cryptics credibility is seriously on the line with this and that is not hyperbole- this company is getting a seriously bad reputation in the gaming community over this. One of two things need done immediately:

1. A developer NEEDS to give the community a time table for when this is being fixed and what is being done about it right now.

2. Another free respec for everyone.

Lacking either of these it really just looks like you guys have sabotaged the rank 4 powers in order to sell more retraining tokens. No one can argue reasonable that this is not the case and pwe/cryptic is saying nothing about it at all other than "we are looking at it". Yet the retraining token remains the very first thing you see on the zen billboard on the arc page.

It really looks like you are pushing the sales of these tokens by not fixing the powers and honestly when you gys have nothing to say about it in terms of a solution, no one can really argue that perception is wrong.

i dont think so. basically your right that the developers made mistakes with the rank 4 powers, but it was a bug/exploit noone should have used. so basically its your own fault because rank 4 was disigned to be granted after lvl70 + 70 points spend. if you would have read that before you could have guessed that i would cause problem. ............. dont misunderstand me. i couldn't spent a point either because i made the same mistake and i used my respec token from first-buyer pack. all in all it was at least half my fault....... but it would be nice to get a free respec XD cant deny that :)
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soul Bonding works without RNG and directly heals a percentage of your damage to your allies. They reduced the healing amount, and I'd say way too much, but still you have to remember that the warlock is a striker class and not a healer.

Then remove the Temptation feat line from the class.
    And while they are at it, remove the Virtuous feat line from the Cleric as it's a healing class.

But this is wrong in both cases for the basic reason that Cryptic (not you or I, the game's developers), decided that there should be a dps spec for the Cleric - and a support spec for the Warlock.

So for the SW: Having made that decision, which no one forced them to, they should then make sure that the feat line is usable.
    The Temptation spec has been in the game since character introduction, and was viable up until this doomsday Mod. Now people can say that LS was too powerful and that Warlock's TT was over the top.

I'd agree with both of those comments. What was needed for the Temptation SW was a slight scaling back of their constant LS (without any interference from rng), and a reduction in TT.

Mind you Mod 6 is such a busted flush that broken character feat lines are the least of their worries, back of the bus here.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont think so. basically your right that the developers made mistakes with the rank 4 powers, but it was a bug/exploit noone should have used. so basically its your own fault because rank 4 was disigned to be granted after lvl70 + 70 points spend. if you would have read that before you could have guessed that i would cause problem. ............. dont misunderstand me. i couldn't spent a point either because i made the same mistake and i used my respec token from first-buyer pack. all in all it was at least half my fault....... but it would be nice to get a free respec XD cant deny that :)

I think, that he is not just talking about the bug you are talking about, but the various other bugs, like CWs icy terrain CD INCREASES with 4th rank or HRs aspect of the lone wolf deflect chance decrease with 4th rank or.... .
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there any fix for trans feytouched as it is bug ? Not nerf ok
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see there is still no mention of the bug that caused some of us to loose 600 ZEN when trying to use the 50% off Blood Ruby pack either. Have had a ticket open now for almost 2 weeks and still no mention of a fix nor any communication from support. It's ridiculous how repayment of ill gotten ZEN seems to NEVER be addressed. I no longer have ANY faith in PWE's support as their wallet washing schemes have overruled their ability to provide entertainment worth spending money on. More than 2 years later and they are still running the show as tho it is open beta with no proper testing on their behave before rolling out the bug train. Test shard is a joke as they don't even listen to anyone when bugs are reported there either.

I got the coupon when I hit 70, like everyone else did. I used mine for my main... I followed everything that I needed to do and I was charged full price after I hit the button to but them for 1000 Zen. I submitted a ticket and what I got back in return a few days later was "sorry we do not give refunds in the Zen store. You must have done something wrong, like not clicking the coupon before you bought it." Which I even speelled out in the initial ticket, following all the req's to get the deal..
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems like they only have the capacity to fix one rank 4 power per week. At this rate all the rank 4 powers should be fixed in the next 5 or 6 months.

:cool:
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    WAIT?! WHAT?!

Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.

So it was an intentional change, and not a bug, that a key will be consumed when opening the chest even during Delves hour?
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dear Sirs and Madams,
    Your casual PVE players desperately need the following addressed:

1. Playability of Sharadar & Dread Ring solo w/ companion for ALL classes (including the poor SW)

2. Itemization if we do not do pvp or dungeons- how are we supposed to get better gear to survive in well of dragons? When grouping and doing Sharandar/Dread Ring I have yet to even see a blue level 70 item drop. The other day I got a zone "special"from the end chest in one of the lairs- which is still a level 60 blue item. Zone specials need to be retuned to level 70 since that is required to be there. Srsly. Geez.

3. Playability of Well of Dragons- especially Bosses with many adds at the end of the lairs - The Dragon Lair is.. omg.

4. Itemization of Well of Dragons- what are we even doing there in terms of upping our gear? Working to get sigils to get sub level 70 artifact gear? Again- gear rewards need to be reset to be level 70 since you cannot play there before hand. This includes the "unicorn" gear from chest campaign rewards. If for some reason you dont want us in any "purple" right now- fine- make them blue but upgrades at level 70.

5. Assuming characters can play #1 and get the boons from those trees + basic well of dragons boons- Playability of IWD.

Without fixing these things, your player base will start playing somewhere else. Thank you for your time.
  • djmaximodjmaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance:

Classes and Balance
    Control Wizard:
    • Frost Wave: No longer plays the Level Up FX repeatedly when triggered.
    • Spell Twisting Feat: This feat no longer resets cooldowns on powers that it should not.
    Devoted Cleric:
    • Hammer of Fate: No longer improperly interacts with Hastening Light and the Hastening Light offhand Artifact, granting more Action Points than expected.
    Hunter Ranger:
    • Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

Content and Environment
    • Campaigns: The level up wizard will no longer recommend players to go to the new campaign zones until level 70. Talking to Knox will still allow players to access the zones if desired.
    • Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.
    • Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.
    • Tiamat's Hoard: Donating may be done after it reaches 100%.
    • Updated collision around Gauntylgrim Capture Points to prevent players from getting stuck in them.

Items and Economy
    • Companions: Augment companions once again have base stats.
    • Dragon Cult Pack: now Binds on Equip like other bags.
    • Paladin Elemental Fire Artifact Weapon: The Aura of Truth class feature properly respects Crowd Control Resistance now.
    • Professions: Mailsmithing: Resolved an issue wherein rank 25 mailsmithing armor kits were expecting plates instead of rings in their recipe.
    • Seals: The tooltips on both Seal of the Elements and Seal of the Protector now specify where they may be used, what they may be used to purchase, and where they may be obtained."
    • Unique items that are slotted in an item that is consumed through refinement or other means will no longer be marked as being owned so they can be claimed again.

User Interface
    • Refinement: When a stack of refined items crit the proper RP granted will be displayed instead of displaying as though the whole stack had crit.

only patches to reduce the damage that can lead to a player, but because they decrease the absurd almost impossible to survive damage or super equipped people in the dungeon can win such instacia, if you think this is right, then do not see the actually, the amount of damage applied by boos is exaggerated and too much, if you really think this is correct then smoke something and win the dungeon in his mind.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasile1991 wrote: »

I'll never understand why in nine hells the HR have more deflect than TR and still have a stat that gives them % Resistance ignored and Trs don't.

Why a deflect focused class like the TRs have skills and features that gives them only 5% deflect and HR have ones that gives them a lot of deflect?????
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously? Still no fix to rank 4 powers, still no fix to hoard enchantments, eldritch runestones, (or any honesty about why they're broken), still very little of any importance to players. Exactly how long do you expect the player base to wait?

Quo usque tandem?
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
This discussion has been closed.