What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recent Mod 6 build for Combat HR ?

exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Wilds
PS.: English from Translate Google below [vvvvvv]

Hello people !

I'm new here, and in any MMORPG I've played, I always try for archers classes. Are by far my favourite classes. In NW, could not be otherwise XD

I searched the forum and saw that the archers are classes that have balanced damage and defenses, and can also be good supporters, and I seek some solo builds that guarantees me PvE survivability, but here I found absolutely any recent build for Archer/Combat/(and even Trapper) HRs :( . Are HRs so crappy now ? Also, I create a pool to help those who need to choose a "road" according to what the player would be with your HR.

Right away I saw that archers can attack so far as closely very well by Instance Change, and so I became interested in creating a Combat HR as it can attack well so far, and even better up close to enjoy as much as I can of Instance Change, but do not know if today is worth doing this because of some questions we have after the Module 6 arrived:

1 - Life Steal: Combat HRs possessed great life steal before the Module 6, but it seems that all sorts of Life Steal was drastically nerfed for all classes. Investing in Life Steal with a HR Combat currently worth now?

2 - Deflect vs. Defense: HRs has no good defense/survivability compared with a GWF, OP or GF (I think). Then deflect will be worth it ?

3 - Damage: For having a good archer, how much Power/Armor Pen/Crit Damage I need to have, regardless of the path that I choose (Archery, Combat or Trapper)?

I accept any suggestions, except anything about class change.

Thanks in advance.
2fv72Fw.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think combat would work well IF powers and feats worked well. Problem is they don't. Wild's medicine seems to have a double depression in pvp at least. Also, the lone wolf feat that is supposed to give 20% deflect with four pips only gives 5%, apparently it doesn't recognize any upgrade in the ability. Life steal should work very well if you stack it since it works in synergy with the combat life steal feat. The feat that gives +50% crit severity at -10% crit chance has the potential for lots of damage, but you'll need to stack the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of crit and max wisdom.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As a trapper:
    1 yes the more the better at least 15%+

2 takes to much from other stats trying to build it high can use lonewolf to get around 40% instead of serpent.

3 crit 30% + power not so importent as life steal and crit if pure pve can go for a bit more
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trapper as least broken and least effected by broken mechanics.
    I do hope they will fix stuff and we can have more HR then plain trappers.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Trapper as least broken and least effected by broken mechanics.

Eh? What's broken about the Archery tree? Been playing it since forever and don't know of any shenanigans going on with it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Overall HR is considered to be the... strangest class in Neverwinter.

If you're looking for a class which has an extremely high skill cap relative to some of the other classes, HR is likely your thing. Admittedly this is mostly due to the sheer number of bugs which plague the class, from damage loss, to inconsistent immunity frames, to doubly depressed healing, the HR is definitely one of the least powerful classes in Neverwinter.

And while this likely doesn't endear you to the class, the HRs design does make it extremely fun to play, whether you enjoy keeping your foes permanently trapped in a jungle or plants, or engaging in quick skirmishes like a marauder, the HR is capable of many different playstyles, all of them fun.

Personally I would suggest a trapper if you're going to play the HR, but that's mostly from an optimization standpoint. With regards to the archery tree, the sheer lack of survivability makes it fairly difficult to play in Mod 6. In addition all HRs suffer from shockingly low base damage on their encounters, cordon of arrows/plant growth being the exception. While longshot helps to make up for it, it's just not enough in my opinion.

For the combat tree, lifesteal is a must, especially since wild medicine is bugged at the moment. Likewise Aspect of the Lone Wolf, which usually accounted for 1/3 - 1/2 of a HRs deflection chance has had a bugged deflection chance since preview so I would recommend keeping it at rank 3 for now. Also you need to keep in mind that the HR relies on lifesteal and deflection for its ability to survive, both of which were nerfed in Mod 6.

In general for stats, a HR should prioritise armour penetration, which will be useful once they finally fix Thorned Roots, crit, and lifesteal. Deflection is not a must since Pathfinder's Action and Aspect of the Lone Wolf, both at rank 3 cause rank 4 is bugged, can provide enough that you are capable of surviving~ish.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I play my HR as a combat but I have been playing that build for a while and do not recommend it. Especially for a new player build trapper.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Eh? What's broken about the Archery tree? Been playing it since forever and don't know of any shenanigans going on with it.

archery is not broken atm from what I tested. Yet is not sufficient for this mod in opinion. Too weak