test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

167891012»

Comments

• mcdrymcdry Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have played your Quest gutspasm.
    As I have written here my "to do list" for you.

1. Do you know how much damage traps can do after M6? I don't think you do. They are fixing you there and won't let you go until you die (5. hit). With every hit they injure you. So at the end of your quest, I have used up to 20x [Injure kit]. It was no joke and not really funny.

2. The monsterwaves you use could be more and stronger. It would be nice, if they patrol in this labyrinth.

3. I think that it's a bit too empty, with not enough details. There are long run ways, which is not always a good thing.

But the rest was ok. (I won't criticise you too much. This are things I THINK could be changed. Anyway; good work)

regards.
    mcdry
  • gutspasmgutspasm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mcdry wrote: »
    I have played your Quest gutspasm.
    As I have written here my "to do list" for you.

1. Do you know how much damage traps can do after M6? I don't think you do. They are fixing you there and won't let you go until you die (5. hit). With every hit they injure you. So at the end of your quest, I have used up to 20x [Injure kit]. It was no joke and not really funny.

2. The monsterwaves you use could be more and stronger. It would be nice, if they patrol in this labyrinth.

3. I think that it's a bit too empty, with not enough details. There are long run ways, which is not always a good thing.

But the rest was ok. (I won't criticise you too much. This are things I THINK could be changed. Anyway; good work)

regards.
    mcdry

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I hadn't looked at how traps had changed, but there's not too many so that's a simple fix. I played around with different strength waves, was trying to make it as solo friendly as possible, but I can beef a few of the weaker ones up if it plays too soft. Some of the groups are set to patrol, but I'll have a look at that to see if they're running properly. And yes I know it's a little sparse in places, my focus was on getting the story / encounters right with this first map before I start cluttering thing up.
    Will get back to yours in a bit...
    Regards
  • shrike025shrike025 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mcdry I have played your quest.

Generally speaking it was great and a pleasure to play.

I had really bad luck and I didn't manage to finish it...

I went through the cave and spoke to Mounsier about amulets - I decided to find out how you solved lack of one amulet. When it appeared that I can't go through I went back to find it. I searched and searched, but couldn't find Lion's amulet... No idea what happend to it. Probably the guy fall somewhere and the loot was gone with him.

So, after a while I decided to play the quest again. By accident I chose hard level, so I exit and played again. xD

I killed some monsters and then I was attacked by, I think, the second big guy. I was doing ok, when he hit me and I fell in some hole in the terrain - and die. The problem was that the entrance was already sealed and I couldn't go through...

I gave up on that for now, but I'll play it again and finish after this one fix.

For now some thoughts:

- Am I right that the road is closed before new respawn point? Because when you die there like me, you're unable to continue the quest. I think this is worth to change.

- Going back to search for items in drops is not what players like, I think. And, again my example, this likes to bug. Your map has many rocks, heights and holes and enemies like to fly during the combat, so items could be lost easily. Maybe you could do some extra encounters for not having the right amulet or something. But, of course, it could be fine just as it is, most of the players probably wouldn't have troubles to get through.

- I think the cave was a bit too long. I was really afraid to die, because the last checkpoint was far away. Maybe some map transition would get rid of long runs.

- I found some of the dialogs confusing - there are also some errors (ist, Let'sdrink, my pour hen, being's) - probably a little more work on them would help players better understand the plot, because it's quite awesome for me.

- I love the climate. Not as straightforward as many other quests.
    - design of the inn and of the cave were really great
    - heroes had great costumes!

So, to sum up, if I'm right, the only thing that needs to be changed are the rocks blocking the road.
    But again, your quest is really nice and I'm waiting impatiently to be able to see the ending.

Regards,
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    and yours, gutspasm:

It was nice, fun to play. I really liked the dialogues, everything was clear and well written. I thought it was a bit too easy at the beginning, but later on the enemies became stronger, so for me it was well balanced.

It was rather simple, with only one map - but because of that there were no bugs and that's great.

Nice plot twist at the end.

The only thing I didn't liked were the empty areas. Sometimes I had to walk through a bit empty rooms. Also, some extra interaction, side quests or details in hidden rooms, around the corner etc. are always nice, because they make player want to explore your dungeon.

But all in all, good fight, good story and good fun. That was enjoyable.

Regards,
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    Ok I fixed the error it should be working now.

Firstly, I added the option to choose the location on the world map. Then, I went through the quest, got 'Map Transfer Fail' everytime, exited and entered form Protector's Enclave. Now, after the first play it's working just fine - just like mcdry said.

However, I noticed some graphical issues. Textures are not appearing on some characters and all orb lights and some FXs are gone.

Please make sure that you play version marked as 'Last edited 21th April'. I noticed some error of displaying the quest from 19th. There should be no Map Transfer Fail. But, if that happens, escape with the icon near the map, interact with, for example, a gate in Protector's Enclave and choose your destination (marked as X).

Lots of troubles because of that Mod6.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • gutspasmgutspasm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Shrike, now that I'm happy the encounters and story line work without issue I've been back through the map and added a lot of texture and detail.
    Started a new thread here; http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?902941-The-Complex-Superhero for any more discussion.
    Thanks again.
    PS, I'll give yours another go soon.
    edited April 2015
    Great, so I'll play yours again too to find out how it has changed. Really interested to know what you think about mine.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    Thanks shrike.

I got the main issues. I'll change some things. I could imagine, that some peoples don't like map transfers. So I kept it to a minimum.

The quest is currently offline. I'll tell you, when it becomes available again.
    edited April 2015
    Ok, great, I'll play it again then.

Thanks for playing and for your comments on my quest. I have some questions:

2. There're a lot of pigs and I'm not sure before which encounter you had no time to read - Yeti? Goblins?
    There's a thing that 'Dialog prompt reached' option allows to spawn enemies. For this prompt-trigger I used some repetition like "Prepare for combat!" -> "Prepare!". So, in this prompt trigger there should be no valuable information, one word usually.

3. Where was the point you fell and die? I was looking for holes in invisible walls, but probably missed something. This is the one I'd really like to fix.

Do you think it's fine to hit publish again after doing changes, or should I withdraw and than publish?
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited April 2015
    Hmm... to your questions:

2) The pig before the last one. (the speech before the other speech + spawn of the giant.) I couldn't read anything from the last dialoge, so I don't know what you have written there. (It was on your sky-map).

3. I don't know where, sorry. The giant hit me, I slipped and was suddenly blocked in your invisible wall. Then the giant crashed into me and I fell down. I don't know why, but sometimes invsible walls vanish. (I think because of some monster attacks that causes errors in the Foundry, but I'm not certain.)

There are little issues, nothing that bad. If I were you, I would simply work on the Foundry and than publish.

Hope that I responded to your satisfaction.

Regards
    edited April 2015
    Sure, thanks for explanation. I'll try to work on that a bit and do some fixes.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited May 2015
    I need two more reviews on my quest - every feedback would be much appreciated.

Double Party, NW-DDI8G8OSL.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
    edited May 2015
    I need mor plays for my quest. I have fixed lot's of spelling errors and some other things in my story.
    My quest is only playable with one player only. No group please.
    Post your feedback on this page.
    Thank you!
  • dykrowdykrow Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys! I am new in here and I'd like to ask you to play my foundrys! My account nickname is @dykrow.
    I am brazilian but I am going to make another foundrys in english...
    Please play, enjoy and rate!
    TY and GG!
This discussion has been closed.