test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Option to Close a Bugged Instance

d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
It's obvious that cryptic has no method to deal with the dozens of bugged dungeon and skirmish instances that are created daily and forever seek to trap innocent adventurers and I doubt they are even looking at it, seeing as this problem has been around since the beginning. Here's an idea:

Add a vote to close instance, forever banishing it the 9th ring of Hell and returning the precious server resources back to the game. Stupid easy right?

How about it devs?
Post edited by d4rthd00fus on

Comments

• d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we have been waiting forever for some sort of detection method and its not coming. its a vote thing so killing an instance? how can that be exploited?
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    It will only get abused. Don't ask me how, but you know this community as well as I do. If there's something to exploit, they will.
    I'd much rather see an automated system that shuts down the instance if within X time the required party cannot be filled. Easier to program, and it cannot be abused.

Just make it a 100% vote.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Won't work. DCed people cannot vote.

What? Of course it will work. How can you abuse cleaning up the mess? If anything the worst thing that could happen is that it'd cause griefing which can already similarly be done with vote kicking. So what's the problem? Give the community a tool to close the bugged maps, I have more faith in that happening than an automatic tool coming and working satisfactory (ie doesn't close legit maps automatically). Some bugged maps can be filled continuously.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    See guys, thats why we can't have anything nice. The people in "this community" just ruin it. The game would be just a-ok if it weren't for "those kind of people". :rolleyes:
    edited May 2015
    Won't work. DCed people cannot vote.

You would vote kick the disco's and then vote the map closed, pretty simple. That's what these devs need is simple cuz they really have a LOT on their plate right now. This would solve the main frustration with using the Q system to get into a dungeon AND more importantly remove dead instances that are hogging up resources and contributing to lag in active ones. I would love an elegant automated mechanism but if we haven't seen it in 2 years, I'm betting it wont happen ever. Just give the power to the players!
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a very simple solution to this, I am surprised no one has suggested this:

1. Once a dungeon starts, remove it from queue system.
    2. Allow party invite from within dungeon run.

Problem solved.
    edited May 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    There is a very simple solution to this, I am surprised no one has suggested this:

1. Once a dungeon starts, remove it from queue system.
    2. Allow party invite from within dungeon run.

Problem solved.

Unfortunately what you have suggested can and would be abused by the unscrupulous. It's been suggested before and shot down for the same reason (inviting to an active instance).
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately what you have suggested can and would be abused by the unscrupulous. It's been suggested before and shot down for the same reason (inviting to an active instance).

How would that be abused?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Start with pugs, find a group waiting before the final boss, then kick them one by one (people are dumb they often vote yes for whatever reason). Invite someone from your guild, rinse and repeat, and then you've kicked your team of slaves to kill the final boss with your friends only.
    edited May 2015

If you have ever read any of the kick before final boss threads, of which there are many, you would see how easy it is for one jerk and a friend to get into a party, get one unwitting participant to kick someone for being to weak/unskilled to do boss. Mr. Jerk now is able to invite a friend and the 3 of them can then kick the last two and sail to victory with their friends an the backs of those who they kicked. A sad thing to do indeed, but people being people it happens all too often.
    edited May 2015
    If you have ever read any of the kick before final boss threads, of which there are many, you would see how easy it is for one jerk and a friend to get into a party, get one unwitting participant to kick someone for being to weak/unskilled to do boss. Mr. Jerk now is able to invite a friend and the 3 of them can then kick the last two and sail to victory with their friends an the backs of those who they kicked. A sad thing to do indeed, but people being people it happens all too often.

From what I can tell, people are already doing that, in hopes to let their guild member queue in.

Some people will be jerks no matter what, why stop improvements because of that?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From what I can tell, people are already doing that, in hopes to let their guild member queue in.

Some people will be jerks no matter what, why stop improvements because of that?

It would be far too convenient to tailor such a system according to these people's wishes. Currently it's extremely rare. It happens but it's rare. It would be fairly common and pugs would have no chance to ever finish a dungeon.