test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hits with more than 20 million damage

ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
At the last boss in ToS someone suddenly started dealing insane amounts of damage. The boss had about 70% hp left when it began, and the damage was so high, that the boss died in about 3 seconds, and didn't even have the time to transform into a drider.

207s21c.png

I have saved the complete party combat log from the start of the fight to the end, but won't give more information here. If someone from PWE/Cryptic is interested, please send me a pm, then I can provide more info if wished.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ctf4void wrote: »
    At the last boss in ToS someone suddenly started dealing insane amounts of damage. The boss had about 70% hp left when it began, and the damage was so high, that the boss died in about 3 seconds, and didn't even have the time to transform into a drider.

207s21c.png

I have saved the complete party combat log from the start of the fight to the end, but won't give more information here. If someone from PWE/Cryptic is interested, please send me a pm, then I can provide more info if wished.

feytouched enchant 100% was.
  • packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can I just say, I love how the damage dealt by the boss in the last line of the combat log is so high, you have an integer overflow.
    The ridiculous scale of this new mod is so overdone, the game itself can't handle it.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    feytouched enchant 100% was.
    Your right the 3rd line of the chat log says Feytouched proc'd, and then all damage after was way high. Or maybe this is the enchant everyone should be using lmao.
    I gotta see this in tiamat
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    packrat0 wrote: »
    Can I just say, I love how the damage dealt by the boss in the last line of the combat log is so high, you have an integer overflow.
    The ridiculous scale of this new mod is so overdone, the game itself can't handle it.

That's interesting, since the first number isn't an overflow and the number in parentheses should be lower.

1,168,817,920=45AABF00h
    -2,147,483,648=80000000h (INT_MIN)

Somewhere in their intermediate calculations they're overflowing. Still, when you're talking about BILLIONS of HP in damage, the scaling is utterly absurd.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • xxxskywolfxxxxxxskywolfxxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    looks like feytouched
    Yes, I've got T.Feytouched....
    And i absolutly don't know how i one-hitted her...
    I get the aggro of her She killed me someone rezed me after that there was a insane dmg output...
    I get displayed a 302,000,000 DMG the number that is in combat log is the rest HP she had...
    I think its the combination Feytouched + Renegade + chilling presence

edited May 2015
    so i just can say it wasn't an exploit from my side.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice catch, Thoradin. tThat explains a lot of stuff. Also, inb4looking4morecwforanyt2bossrush.
    edited May 2015
    Nice catch, Thoradin. tThat explains a lot of stuff. Also, inb4looking4morecwforanyt2bossrush.

This is not an exploit.
    It is a bug...
    How the heck any Player can now that his enchantment or Skill-Tree is bugged that hard?
    And i surely wont sell a enchantment worth 15kk after filling in highly expensive Refinementpoints!

Could any GM/FM respond to this pls?
  • theanonymousnerdtheanonymousnerd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry to post something completely unrelated, but I'm not allowed to start threads yet.
    Just got NW for PC, briefly played on Xbox. Whenever I start patching the game I get a blue screen with this message:
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and my laptop reboots. I have never actually been able to launch the game, because this keeps happening. Any tips on how to fix would be welcome, but I have already done the following:
    Updated and rolled back my drivers for my sound card and graphics card.
    Restarted my laptop (obviously).
    Reinstalled the game.
    Run various hardware diagnostics (not a hardware problem).
    edited May 2015
    Sorry to post something completely unrelated, but I'm not allowed to start threads yet.
    Just got NW for PC, briefly played on Xbox. Whenever I start patching the game I get a blue screen with this message:
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and my laptop reboots. I have never actually been able to launch the game, because this keeps happening. Any tips on how to fix would be welcome, but I have already done the following:
    Reinstalled the game.

This will be moved i think and you get your help
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Reinstalled the game.

you probably won't be able to get a response but i encountered the same problem.
    You just need to upgrade your BIOS, drivers, and maybe use verifier.

Or you could google your Bluescreen error number and try doing the fixes written in the many tech support forums.
    Misfits
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Reinstalled the game.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560244%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Some info that might help. It might not be one of those drivers.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited May 2015
    Isn't there a more important question?
    Is the 20kk hit an exploit or a bug?
    cause when it is a exploit i have to unslot my feytouched... to avoid a ban/block for exploiting
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just to be clear, I didn't make this thread to blame anyone, this thread is only about getting a bug fixed. The party I ran with as well as me were convinced that this high damage happened by accident, not by intention. There is a reason I made sure that no handles and not even player portraits are shown in that screenshot.
    edited May 2015
    ctf4void wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I didn't make this thread to blame anyone, this thread is only about getting a bug fixed. The party I ran with as well as me were convinced that this high damage happened by accident, not by intention. There is a reason I made sure that no handles and not even player portraits are shown in that screenshot.

But it would be great if any GM/FM respond here finally... i mean we've got 600 Views!
  • tellmeastorytellmeastory Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guys.. He used plague fire enchant, check the image: "[13:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals....". Feytouched was on CW from his party.
    edited May 2015
    Guys.. He used plague fire enchant, check the image: "[13:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals....". Feytouched was on CW from his party.
    Yeah, that is what we are talking about all the time...
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it continue to happen i'd suggest you to unsocket it until it's fixed, since it would be cleary bug abuse to use it in epic dungeons.
  • castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    AM not surpised about that kind of damage anymore...

Today on pvp, a gf who has the enchant that give back % damage ( idk the english name of it ) 1 shooted me with it...

My paladin's radiant aura proc many time in a sec, the gf did 1,399 damage on me to the death ( i counted more than 50x )

My heal sometime heals more than 70k.. but im an tank...i shouldnt be able to heal that much...
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    If it continue to happen i'd suggest you to unsocket it until it's fixed, since it would be cleary bug abuse to use it in epic dungeons.

I find it repulsive that a bug is introduced, causes players to exploit to win yet, the said bug doesn't sit on the priority list high enough to be fixed, but instead the person afflicted with the bug gets banned if they use it to their advantage. What kind of business practice is that anyway? You don't want exploits, then fix the bugs causing them! Pretty simple if you ask me. Banning due to your own fault and lack of repair is NOT the answer. Personally, I like to play a fair and honest game and have never used an exploit but what if I did without realizing it was an exploit until after I used it.... does that mean I can no longer play?? Total bullcrap way of running a business. There were exploitable bugs that hung around for many mods and some still exist. Someone needs to rethink the QA aspect of this game.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope they fix it as fast as possible...
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    TBH EVERYONE know's it's bugged. It's enough to observe prizes on AH.

To the GF. You should rise your shield up man.
    Cryptic logic.

/sarcasm off
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont think, that anyone should/ will get banned for using feytouched. Is it OP, yes. Is it a bug, most likely. But there have been many 'feats' like HV stacking, CD reductions with various classes etc. that worked in a way clearly not intended by cryptic.

Furtherome, there is no official statement. I dont see, why someone should unslot his 15 kk AD enchant and switch to another one, if he even ones another weapon enchant.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    I dont think, that anyone should/ will get banned for using feytouched. Is it OP, yes. Is it a bug, most likely. But there have been many 'feats' like HV stacking, CD reductions with various classes etc. that worked in a way clearly not intended by cryptic.

Furtherome, there is no official statement. I dont see, why someone should unslot his 15 kk AD enchant and switch to another one, if he even ones another weapon enchant.

Yes, got the same meaning as you...but maybe finally a GM/FM could respond here... we've got over 1000 views and still no FM read that - ahh yes for sure
  • sadecehakksadecehakk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guys could you explain im a have to use it with a class,skill,feast or power and is it working with just T.Feytouched Ench. ?
    edited May 2015
    sadecehakk wrote: »
    Guys could you explain im a have to use it with a class,skill,feast or power and is it working with just T.Feytouched Ench. ?
    This is not a "how to do" it is a bug report!... and know how to do it and abuse it is expoiting and punnished with a permanent game/account ban....
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is not a "how to do" it is a bug report!... and know how to do it and abuse it is expoiting and punnished with a permanent game/account ban....

hes lieing to you you wont get banned for it.
  • sadecehakksadecehakk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you mean there is an in game issue without 3th part program and all of them cryptic fault but if you spend 15M AD and use this enchant you will get ban.True story bro (Y)
  • charkie1990charkie1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But really the enchant is bugged ? or only on transcendent lvl... I have perfect and I havent seen any abnormal activities :D