test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XBox One account server connection could not be started

zigomanzigoman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I've been having this error the past couple of days and I can't play NVW on XBox One, but I was able to play it before. I rebooted my router but it didn't work.
:(
Post edited by zigoman on

Comments

• odovacarfoebanodovacarfoeban Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zigoman wrote: »
    I've been having this error the past couple of days and I can't play NVW on XBox One, but I was able to play it before. I rebooted my router but it didn't work.
    :(

Been having same problem since Sun 4/26. Keeps saying timed out connecting to account server. Been able to play everyday since launch up to that point. Made a new character Saturday evening to take advantage of double xp, came home from work Sunday to continue leveling him and couldn't connect. Really sucks! Two other Xboxes in the house can't connect on them either, tthough we've all played together since launch.
  • idontcombatlootidontcombatloot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try a hard reset on your xbox and a cache clear, maybe?
    Kirov - 19.2k Hellbringer Fury Warlock
    Guild Leader of <Critical Severity>
    We are recruiting 15+GS PVE and PVP players
  • twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try a hard reset on your xbox and a cache clear, maybe?

You shouldn't even need to do that - press the 'Xbox' button to drop back to home screen and with Neverwinter still highlighted in the centre, press the Menu ('lines') button and then select 'Manage Game' from the pop-up.

In the right hand column for the game you should see some files (one 'reserved space' and two 'saved games' in my case). Select the reserved space (NOT the saved game) and then 'Delete from console'.

This should automatically quit Neverwinter. Restart it and you shouldn't have any issues - it sounds like the reserved space has become corrupted. This occasionally happens after maintenance/updates for me, and the plus side is that you should also see slightly better performance afterwards (I'm now in the habit of clearing this every time I quit the game).
  • pazarkpazark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A good tip and I'll keep it in mind. However, for this weeks issue, it didn't help. Still can't connect to account server. My connection error began with this week's Tuesday update.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try logging in with another account and when logged in, switch back to your primary account. It sucks and every time I crash I have to go through this. It takes time to get back in the game, but you should be able to get back in. My play button is grayed out, but try what I said and you should be able to get back in the game.