test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

Comments

• toxicwolfietoxicwolfie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Post through acr,so I can't link stuff.However there is a sticky in the GD part of the forum from one of the devs.Seems he/she has been placed as top dog for the NW team.Anyway,it says they are listening and looking into this mess.Full details are there,not that there is a ton of info anyway.It's at the very top,so shouldn't miss the thread.

(if I get the time I will get on through the net and edit this post with a link)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After playing a few more weeks, I hate this mod slightly less, but it still feels like an unfinished product. I haven't really tried Sharandar, Dread Ring, or Icewind Dale save for a few runs of Phantasmal Fortress, although I imagine they're tough for anyone still trying to get their boons.

What I like:
    • Some new ways to gain refinement points.
    • Better weapons (artifact mainhand & offhand) are easy to acquire.
    • Spinward Rise, Fiery Pit & Reclamation Rock are not that bad, and there are several lvl 60-70 fetch quests to choose from.
    • Gauntlgrym is now 10vs10, even if the map is slightly too big for just twenty people.
    • The new invoking scheme once I got used to it.
    • No Black Ice Gear required for Kessell's Retreat.
    • Most of the new armor pieces for CWs & DCs look nice ('cept the DC Burning set helmet, oh boy).

What I don't like:
    • Mob damage seems completely unbalanced, especially in T2 dungeons.
    • Where did most of the old dungeons go?
    • So many server issues. Lagging, rubberbanding & skills not activating... Occasionally the whole party gets disconnected at once & booted out of the dungeon.
    • The biggest gripe that still persists in this mod: The insane amount of refinement points needed and how little can be gained. It feels unreasonable that we only get 40% of our rp investment back when refining our artifact weapons with older ones.
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's too hard to solo and I want to do that, for me I'm not going to spend anymore because most of the time I'm waiting for guildies to be on and with my time difference, I need to wait after midnight.... Also the gear that drops if you have killed something is lvl 69 and I know in some maps you have lvl 70 gear but impossible to farm alone.

I don't think they listen to their players because if they did they already had done something....
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted I hate it. It is a soul-sucking grindfest with very little reward. Even with double exp I can only gain half a level in the two hour playing time window that I have. It will take forever to get to level 70 where I will then be too weak to do any of the zones I used to be able to do. So my epic gear from before is useless and I can't get into the old zones like WOD to get any new gear and forget about doing any epic dungeon (if there are any to do). I see no point in playing. Even the thought of rolling an OP just to play the questline is unappealing, because when he gets to 70, what is he going to do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Currently the game is just in a terrible place for casual and solo players.

Yes. this is exactly what had happened
    edited April 2015
    indro100 wrote: »
    It's too hard to solo and I want to do that, for me I'm not going to spend anymore because most of the time I'm waiting for guildies to be on and with my time difference, I need to wait after midnight.... Also the gear that drops if you have killed something is lvl 69 and I know in some maps you have lvl 70 gear but impossible to farm alone.

I don't think they listen to their players because if they did they already had done something....

Same here.

Can't have fun solo
    Can't have group fun too...

I just tried to run esot.
    Impossible to do because no matter what you do your team gets wiped by the boss in seconds.

The item score required to enter it has nothing to do with the actual Item score you need to withstand a single hit from the boss.
    edited April 2015
    meirami wrote: »
    What I don't like:
    • Mob damage seems completely unbalanced, especially in T2 dungeons.
    • Where did most of the old dungeons go?
    • So many server issues. Lagging, rubberbanding & skills not activating... Occasionally the whole party gets disconnected at once & booted out of the dungeon.
    • The biggest gripe that still persists in this mod: The insane amount of refinement points needed and how little can be gained. It feels unreasonable that we only get 40% of our rp investment back when refining our artifact weapons with older ones.

I think mob damage imbalance should at the very top of their list.
    It's just insane.

Tried to do 4 elols today

Quit all 4 groups because

As soon as I pulled aggro from the 1st mini boss I was (spear) killed...soulforged....dps get aggro dodge dodge (spear)....HELP!....revived...get aggro dodge dodge (spear) KILLED.

All 4 times it's nervewrecking.

Not to mention how expensive it gets now. I eat injury kits like candy...

If I'm not randomly teamed up with some pally or tank with insane item score there's no way our team gets through that 1st boss...apart from that the rest is at normal levels.
    edited April 2015
    sunnyx22 wrote: »
    The PUGs 5 man epic dungeons were actually fun and did not felt like chores and when done on dungeon delves were actually rewarding with AD and seals and epic gear guaranteed in the chest at the end. You felt great after completing one of those. It was fun.

Exactly.

Feels less fun and really less rewarding than it used to be.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted "I can't stand mod !!!!" principally for a reason: Lag.
    Lag like never before.
    I thought mod 4 was bad, but mod 6 is worse, because it's subtle.
    You don't actually lag all the time like in mod 4, but you lag specifically during boss fights in nearly every instance. It almost looks like it's done on purpose, mmmm.... nah, must be my tinfoil hat.
    It's not the only bad thing of course, the whole "Vigilant task" fiasco and the bad balance of PvE mob damage (hint: it's because they were given very high armor penetration and combat advantage bonus, that also makes it a nightmare for tanks who drop like flies unless they dance around like ballerinas ) are also two strong issues that ought to be fixed sooner than later.
    There is also the problem that no new high-end level content was added, no new dungeon, skirmish or campaign for level 70.

It's a pity, because the mod also did some things right.
    For example, they way the solved the toxic kick behavior in instances because of loot is brilliant.
    They also made refining less tedious with the whole stack occupying a single slot.
    And making Gauntlgrym available all the time was how that content should have been since the beginning.
    The rework of normal dungeons into 3man for new players was also a good idea.

Too bad the cons surpass the pros by far.
    Overall my judgement of this mod is negative. And I think it's the first time I say this. I'm usually the kind of "progressist" guy that says "newer is better" to incremental upgrades, but not this time.
  • khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They didn't create new content, they scribbled with crayons over a Picasso. Jacked up enemy damage by 175% while increasing ours by 20%, increased their ArP resist well above our ArP, ruined the chance to actually deflect/life steal (life steal by definition means steal life, so duh???), and basically took around 80% of their dedicated following to the cleaners while handing them a pink slip. I'm not spending another dime on this game until things get fixed. That will be the ONLY way they listen to us. If they want to make real money, they need to make items accessible, make the daily grind worth it. Give us the free mainhand? I had mine premade in the campaign window until the day of the release, and when I logged on collected and viola. Why do Spinward? 15 Linu for offhand? Bought.
    Maybe that is why they made Wod so incredibly hard, why Tiamat is nigh impossible to defeat. They want to make everyone without Linu to grind the new levels and get these items. Cool, but once you get to 70 or get past the new areas, lower Dread Ring/Sharandar/IWD/WoD back to reasonable levels so we can grind again. And give us a campaign again! We had a campaign window with every single module except this one. Why? We have no reason to grind any more!
  • dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    I have burnt through a ridiculous amount of gp since the start of mod 6 just to pay for healing potions and injury kits. I am about to run out of gp and may have to get some of my hard earned AD traded for gp now just to pay for these vital things I need to stay alive. Mod 6 made healing potions both too expensive and made them next to useless in combat. I need 5 to 6 of the dammed overpriced things just to heal all of my hp. What the hell is the point of this?! Why would jacked up prices for useless healing potions help this company make money?
    edited April 2015
    I have burnt through a ridiculous amount of gp since the start of mod 6 just to pay for healing potions and injury kits. I am about to run out of gp and may have to get some of my hard earned AD traded for gp now just to pay for these vital things I need to stay alive. Mod 6 made healing potions both too expensive and made them next to useless in combat. I need 5 to 6 of the dammed overpriced things just to heal all of my hp. What the hell is the point of this?! Why would jacked up prices for useless healing potions help this company make money?

Spent around 220g in potions and Kit from Lvl 60 to 70 and tryiung to do some dungeons etc.

I'm almost out now. and as soon as I run totally dry I think I'm gonna be out entirely.

It appears that if you don't spend real world cash, grinding for hours can't help you keep up with the game.
    Cuz to grind means you'll take a load of beating hence you'll need to spend heaps or resources.

No point.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The cynical side of me thinks, "stones of health". Otherwise, I'm at a loss to explain it. A typical health potion will now only give you 10% of your HP once you have the nifty mod 6 gear we're all supposed to get. With enemies taking 90% of your HP away in one shot, that's 9 health potions to get it back -- with 18 seconds in between each one.

I don't understand the rationale, and I would dearly like to hear why it is this way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pwcross2pwcross2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voted "can't stand mod 6"

Reason: there is more to dislike than like about it.

TL;DR: boring, repetitive, time consuming tasks with no decent progress rate or rewards. level 60 T2 gear still better than anything dropped up to 65 so far. changes to augment companions (removal of base stats) not welcome. recycled zones & missions are super-lazy design. I like the attempt to raise difficulty, but as it stands... difficulty change is either nonexistent (sub 60) or too far over the top (60+). new powers (at least for SW) are lackluster. progress on all campaigns halted until we grind out another 10 levels and completely re-gear, just to get back to the same daily grind we were doing before mod6... only harder and even more time consuming. laziest.module.ever.

Specifics: The "new content" is recycled trash, enemy models are new, there are new contacts with new text and there are a few new cut scenes. that's about it. The repeatable daily quests in the "new" zones are extremely boring, time consuming, and have garbage rewards. XP is virtually nonexistent in the "new" areas and missions... double xp brings it -close- to being an almost normal xp rate, rather than "double". In about the same amount of time it took me to bring my paladin from level 35-ish to level 60, I got my SW from 60 to 64-1/2 doing the two "new" zones during 2xp.

The new missions themselves are horrible, kill x amount of these guys, gather x amount of this item (which requires killing x amount of the same guys), gather x amount of this plant (which indirectly requires killing x amount of random enemies), explore a mine, explore another mine that looks exactly the same, explore yet another mine that looks exactly the same as the first two, oh and one of my personal favorites... seal the sarcophagus inside the 5 tombs in helms hold... it's like, the exact same mission as the one you get at level 30-something with a different object to interact with and different enemies. could this mod have actually been more lazily designed? I doubt it.

Now, at level 64-1/2, I STILL haven't found a decent piece of gear to replace my "old" level 60 T2 stuff, let alone a decent weapon, offhand, belt, ring or necklace/cloak. I've gotten a few drops that ranged from level 61-65, but their ilvl was, at best, 1 ilvl above my current equipment... and god knows why, because I would've LOST stats by equipping them.

at the same time, I'm seeing a few others that are my level, running around with the new artifact main hand, at legendary no less... where are these coming from!? I haven't received a mission or any kind of indication on how to acquire them. the collections page just says "acquired during the elemental evil campaign" or something like that... well hell, I've done every mission I've been able to find, about 10x each... but apparently I'm missing something here.

additionally, it looks like the black dragon ioun stones I purchased (and every other augment companion for that matter) no longer have stats of their own, without gear/runes equipped. half of the entire reason they were purchased was because of the specific set of stats they provided. which was an absolutely moronic, idiotic change if it was intended. No doubt it was part of the obvious push to make non-augment companions more valuable, IMO.

Difficulty: this deserves its own little section, because it was both severely underdone, and severely overdone at the same time, depending on where you are playing. the standard 1-60 missions and areas still feel like a cakewalk to me. whereas the level 60+ areas thus far feel overly difficult and therefore severely time consuming and un-fun... and that's just 1 mission. Now grind and repeat said mission umpteen thousand times between 60-70. No thanks.

Standard trash mobs in 60+ content have seemingly been elevated to the difficulty of mod5's standard dungeon mobs, and though I haven't had the.... pleasure... of running any of the current 60+ dungeons, I gather from other posters that their difficulty is somewhere far, far beyond that. the past 4-1/2 levels on my SW have been... how do I put it... fruitless? I've enjoyed the combat, it's quite engaging (and unforgiving) now. one small slipup and you might be running back from a campfire.. (sarcasm) oooh, that's fun... I just love running back from campfires (/sarcasm). but at the end of the day, looking back on what I've accomplished... after a full day of double xp yesterday... I accomplished getting 4-1/2 levels. that's it.

I didn't get any cool new gear. didn't really get any cool new powers. I mean, I got a new power... and a new class feature, both of which are rather... uninspiring. The new power, grasp of hadar or something... is just a darker version of one of the CW's tier 2 powers.. in fact, I think it's the third CW encounter in their list. not horrible, but nothing to write home about. and it's a single target control that only lasts about 2 seconds for my SW, and that's with using it on a cursed target to double the duration of the hold... talk about useless.

my new class feature only works when i'm below 50% health... increases damage resist up to 10% or so and I think 3% lifesteal... did I mention it's only when I'm below 50% health?? ... well, with my measly 28k hp, I often dip below 50% health within the first second or so of battle with any regular trash mob. of course, warlocks bargain shaves 15% off the top, if it activates. not sure if it's just lag or what.. but most of my powers seem to have a bit of trouble activating since mod6, I've been having to hit them 2-3 times before they fire. I used to be able to hold down the at-will button and it would auto cast too, but now it seems I've got to keep clicking the mouse repeatedly... and even then it doesn't work sometimes.

I've gotten to the point now that I can evaporate 2-3 minions and a LT within 1 activation period of blades of vanquished armies. I've even been able to solo a few of the new heroic encounters. would have been able to complete some of the others solo if not for the timer running out. of course, I got completely pwned by a few too... the crab one on the other side of drowned shore comes to mind.
  • knightnight2knightnight2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I voted I can't stand it. Rank 4 powers don't work on a number of classes, so you need yet another re-spec that is not free, to go back to rank 3 which is better!. The difficulty level of end game content is ludicrous - I don't feel legendary (just dead a lot). Elemental evil has some fun bits, but after a while seems a repetitive grind. Having said all that, there are lots of really good things that have been introduced, but we all focus on the negative (hopefully constructively and with the best intent). I've been playing this game for a long time and the developers listen to all of this sort of feedback and generally sort things out as soon as they can, which must be a hell of a task. You will never be able to please everyone and need to somehow get the "pulse" of as many players as you can. I've survived Caturday and seen various "class balances" go horribly awry at times (so I've played other character classes until that is fixed) but generally they all get ironed out, player comments are taken on board and a better game moves forwards. Sometimes it has been two steps back before three or four steps forward. This will all be sorted out...trying to do an Xbox port and also deliver new content, meet player demand and please everybody must be a hell of a strain on resources - and sure, all this seems sort of rushed and a bit of a disappointment. I've seen the "letter", they know this didn't come off right and they'll plan important changes, clean it up (priority items first) and we'll end up with a better game. In the meantime, I'll keep playing the bits I'm still finding fun and hope that by the time all my 9 characters are stuck in endgame, things will be fixed so they can still do quests without getting killed every five seconds. Keep the faith.

One other comment - I'm replaying early content with my new Paladin and I'm leveling way to fast to enjoy all the very good front end content - maybe early leveling should be slower, with later levels less of a grind.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing I don't mind... too much... is the injuries from traps. What I do mind about traps and injuries is that enemies and companions do not receive injuries from them and many enemy types instinctively know where traps are located even if they should seemingly be unable to do so (blind, mindless undead like skeletons or zombies, etc.).
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just a wee bit of POSITIVE feedback.

As a Rogue, I appreciate the minor change to traps. It makes the remove traps skill a tiny bit more relevent to gameplay. Still is better 99% of the time to just side step or jump over them. But they are now enough of a hemorrhoid to make it worthwhile to take the time to remove a few now and then. If you would go a bit further and actually make them of value to remove, IE reuseable resource or EXP that benefits groups, then maybe a party would wait for a rogue to take care of them.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im not sure if its fun or sad that as the votes and time since launch increase the % of people that dont like the mod also increase. With this tendency we can have a 90% of people that didnt like this Mod by the end of the month yay.
    edited May 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    Im not sure if its fun or sad that as the votes and time since launch increase the % of people that dont like the mod also increase. With this tendency we can have a 90% of people that didnt like this Mod by the end of the month yay.

It accounts for the participants of this poll fortunately.

If the numbers where about a % of the total playerbase the game would have shut down already.

So it's moving towards the 90% of participants, ye.

Nevertheless it's a clear indicator that 8 out of 10 people don't like it and a clear indicator of a growing trend.

Still hoping they will set things straight and that the game survives...
  • paragar1paragar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well other than being aggravated that there isn't really any new storyline, aggravated that i die 5 times more often than i used too, aggravated that the game is moving more towards a pay to win game, aggravated that the game is doing away with the solo play and enforcing group play, aggravated that the game is forcing PVP to get decent gear, and aggravated that there are now level caps for areas. Mod 5 was very decent.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    It accounts for the participants of this poll fortunately.

If the numbers where about a % of the total playerbase the game would have shut down already.

So it's moving towards the 90% of participants, ye.

Nevertheless it's a clear indicator that 8 out of 10 people don't like it and a clear indicator of a growing trend.

Still hoping they will set things straight and that the game survives...

A lot of the people who voted they love it were doing so on good faith that it would improve fairly quickly, bugs would be fixed so on. Time goes on, nothing noticeable is fixed and in fact subsequent "fixes" actually make things worse and those same people have run out of patience and now hate it. While those who have hated it originally have now bottomed out and are facing the reality that they wasted so much time and money here. The characters you have invested time and money in are now worthless unless you put more time and money into them to do the same things which you had already earned the privilege to do previously, you can no longer do the same areas you had once enjoyed doing, friends you have made have left the game....I mean really, there is a point where people face that it is the end of their time here. The game has ruined its self and it is time to move on.

So ya, people hate it with a passion. The more they loved it before, the more committed they were to their characters, to the game its self, is how much they hate it now.

Dark dark days and what we get as a silver lining or light at the end of the tunnel is that the bound status of bags has changed, and a bunch of talk. "Oh hey we know you hate our game now and feel utterly betrayed by our actions as a company, but hey, a playable game didn't make it into this weeks patch. But we are working on it! Maybe it will make it into next weeks patch! Who knows lol."
  • dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2015
    pwcross2 wrote: »
    Voted "can't stand mod 6"

Reason: there is more to dislike than like about it.

TL;DR: boring, repetitive, time consuming tasks with no decent progress rate or rewards. level 60 T2 gear still better than anything dropped up to 65 so far. changes to augment companions (removal of base stats) not welcome. recycled zones & missions are super-lazy design. I like the attempt to raise difficulty, but as it stands... difficulty change is either nonexistent (sub 60) or too far over the top (60+). new powers (at least for SW) are lackluster. progress on all campaigns halted until we grind out another 10 levels and completely re-gear, just to get back to the same daily grind we were doing before mod6... only harder and even more time consuming. laziest.module.ever.

Specifics: The "new content" is recycled trash, enemy models are new, there are new contacts with new text and there are a few new cut scenes. that's about it. The repeatable daily quests in the "new" zones are extremely boring, time consuming, and have garbage rewards. XP is virtually nonexistent in the "new" areas and missions... double xp brings it -close- to being an almost normal xp rate, rather than "double". In about the same amount of time it took me to bring my paladin from level 35-ish to level 60, I got my SW from 60 to 64-1/2 doing the two "new" zones during 2xp.

The new missions themselves are horrible, kill x amount of these guys, gather x amount of this item (which requires killing x amount of the same guys), gather x amount of this plant (which indirectly requires killing x amount of random enemies), explore a mine, explore another mine that looks exactly the same, explore yet another mine that looks exactly the same as the first two, oh and one of my personal favorites... seal the sarcophagus inside the 5 tombs in helms hold... it's like, the exact same mission as the one you get at level 30-something with a different object to interact with and different enemies. could this mod have actually been more lazily designed? I doubt it.

Now, at level 64-1/2, I STILL haven't found a decent piece of gear to replace my "old" level 60 T2 stuff, let alone a decent weapon, offhand, belt, ring or necklace/cloak. I've gotten a few drops that ranged from level 61-65, but their ilvl was, at best, 1 ilvl above my current equipment... and god knows why, because I would've LOST stats by equipping them.

at the same time, I'm seeing a few others that are my level, running around with the new artifact main hand, at legendary no less... where are these coming from!? I haven't received a mission or any kind of indication on how to acquire them. the collections page just says "acquired during the elemental evil campaign" or something like that... well hell, I've done every mission I've been able to find, about 10x each... but apparently I'm missing something here.

additionally, it looks like the black dragon ioun stones I purchased (and every other augment companion for that matter) no longer have stats of their own, without gear/runes equipped. half of the entire reason they were purchased was because of the specific set of stats they provided. which was an absolutely moronic, idiotic change if it was intended. No doubt it was part of the obvious push to make non-augment companions more valuable, IMO.

Difficulty: this deserves its own little section, because it was both severely underdone, and severely overdone at the same time, depending on where you are playing. the standard 1-60 missions and areas still feel like a cakewalk to me. whereas the level 60+ areas thus far feel overly difficult and therefore severely time consuming and un-fun... and that's just 1 mission. Now grind and repeat said mission umpteen thousand times between 60-70. No thanks.

Standard trash mobs in 60+ content have seemingly been elevated to the difficulty of mod5's standard dungeon mobs, and though I haven't had the.... pleasure... of running any of the current 60+ dungeons, I gather from other posters that their difficulty is somewhere far, far beyond that. the past 4-1/2 levels on my SW have been... how do I put it... fruitless? I've enjoyed the combat, it's quite engaging (and unforgiving) now. one small slipup and you might be running back from a campfire.. (sarcasm) oooh, that's fun... I just love running back from campfires (/sarcasm). but at the end of the day, looking back on what I've accomplished... after a full day of double xp yesterday... I accomplished getting 4-1/2 levels. that's it.

I didn't get any cool new gear. didn't really get any cool new powers. I mean, I got a new power... and a new class feature, both of which are rather... uninspiring. The new power, grasp of hadar or something... is just a darker version of one of the CW's tier 2 powers.. in fact, I think it's the third CW encounter in their list. not horrible, but nothing to write home about. and it's a single target control that only lasts about 2 seconds for my SW, and that's with using it on a cursed target to double the duration of the hold... talk about useless.

my new class feature only works when i'm below 50% health... increases damage resist up to 10% or so and I think 3% lifesteal... did I mention it's only when I'm below 50% health?? ... well, with my measly 28k hp, I often dip below 50% health within the first second or so of battle with any regular trash mob. of course, warlocks bargain shaves 15% off the top, if it activates. not sure if it's just lag or what.. but most of my powers seem to have a bit of trouble activating since mod6, I've been having to hit them 2-3 times before they fire. I used to be able to hold down the at-will button and it would auto cast too, but now it seems I've got to keep clicking the mouse repeatedly... and even then it doesn't work sometimes.

I've gotten to the point now that I can evaporate 2-3 minions and a LT within 1 activation period of blades of vanquished armies. I've even been able to solo a few of the new heroic encounters. would have been able to complete some of the others solo if not for the timer running out. of course, I got completely pwned by a few too... the crab one on the other side of drowned shore comes to mind.

Here is how to get the artifact mainhand weapon. I assume you already have and know how to get the offhand:

There are 4 new level up zones, one for each of the four elements. The Air zone is called Spinward Rise and this is the final level up zone. This is the only zone you need to complete to gain the artifact main hand weapon. The other elemental zones(for fire, earth, and water) are just to level you up so you can survive Spinward Rise. In spinward rise, there are 3 sub zones. you will need to complete 16 vigilance tasks per sub zone (3x16) to unlock the mission that gives you your artifact main hand weapon. You will get a yellow colored quest for each sub zone you unlock that requires you to do 16 vigilance tasks(repeatable missions marked in blue that aren't daily quests). Once you do those 16 vigilance tasks, you will unlock the next sub zone. This second subzone will also have a yellow quest where you have to do 16 vigilance tasks. Once you complete this mission, you will unlock the 3rd sub zone and its 16 vigilance task quest. Once you turn in the 16 vigilance task missions for all 3 sub zones, you will get a mission called Seed of Air. This mission is really easy and is the mission that grants you your artifact main hand weapon.
  • dashierdashier Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My Main Character is a HR and he has made it to Level 70, he has Gold Level Artifact Equipment, Main, Neck and Belt, and 4 Purple Artifacts and a Purple off-hand Artifact equipment a Gold level Ioun Stone companion and all of his Enchants are at least rank 8. and he uses the Jewel-crafting double slot rings, He also has the dragon templar set. I used to breeze through Well of dragons, Dread Ring ect, I figured i had earned it throguh time and effort, and now I get Stomped.. hard. One-hit kills ect. Being the highest level of the game with (Hard earned, farmed ect.) gear The game should not be kicking me so hard, I can imagine the difficulty people who have new characters or less advanced characters are having with the release of Mod 6. The chance of even getting the items which helped me get to this point is almost impossible with the loss of the dungeons.
    1. The forced level adjustments for PVE Areas. If you have earned a higher level, you should be able to use it, and if you have not earned a high enough level to play there you should not be able to survive there. The level Adjustment weakens strong characters and (I believe is supposed to strengthen weak characters) but I have been to those areas with my Alts and if a level 65 increased to level 68 is not strong enough to survive why weaken a level 70 to a 68 in order to reduce his survivability? the logic is missing from this.
    2. Reducing Content: The daily dungeon grinding was a pain but at least it was a way to get gear, or sell the gear you get to buy the gear you need. as I said it was a pain but at least it was an option. This is an option that is not available to the new Paladin Class.
    3. I was frustrated over new artifact equipments when I spent so much time and energy refining my existing equipment to Gold level. But i understand the need for new equipment, just wish there was a way to used my currently refined Artifact equipment to level up the new equipment to the same level (10's of millions of RP down the drain per artifact equipment).

Just to be clear I do put some money into the game, I enjoy it greatly, even when I am cursing over getting beaten by an impossibly hard hourly dungeon that I am getting a level penalty on top of... My main is having a hell of a time so I know my alts which were having difficulty in the old dungeons will not even be able to compete with regular content let alone the dungeons. Thank you for your time.
  • abrianaoverlordabrianaoverlord Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mod 6 itself could be ok, One of the primary issues is balance, which I think will come in time, however for the moment except for getting to L70 (which face it is all the new areas are about as no real storyline / quest path behind them) if anything has restricted the amount of content one could interact with successfully post mod 6 -vs pre mod 6 (Tiamat, other heroics, certain quests for some lower geared people)

Significant number of bugs which do need to be worked through (I am aware that it is being addressed, although not sure how)

The thing that gets me is the lack of attention to detail regarding player experience. It is the little things that make difference. A significant collection of little things drives the irritation factor up and people then say "not fun anymore"

Personal examples
    • Now have stuff bound to character, bound to account, not bound. When collecting stuff for refining that is pain, now means more bank space used which is limited.
    • Got armor kit and action point jewels unable apply them to the new equipement although they meet the minimum req (bug report filed)
    • Feels like a farming game now, without meaningful content is all about improving the character by getting better gear. Now we have to farm the same epics over and over, gets boring. So go to the well and farm stuff there, gets boring.Now this will always be part of the game as have to put the effort in if one want to earn the top gear so fair enough, However with elemental evil there is an opportunity to create a whole new campaign trail
    • Domination in dwarven valley broken most the time, Love doing that for fun, good basic capture the flag pvp which is broken most the time. As I write this right now it is not working.
    • Patch days are just not managed well simple as that, real frustrating and now plan to play at all on those days

For me personally I would like to have a view of the priority focus areas, whether they are balance on tiamat, sorting out bugs etc. A couple scrum groups focussing on the minor bugs with weekly or bi-weekly sprints to scheduled release periods as an example could kill off a large number whilst some of the more significant issues are addressed. I see someone new has come in to helm the recovery, what is lacking is an approach to how this will be addressed. As a consumer and to retain my confidence I would like to have an understanding of how you are going to go about it. I recognise that it takes time to assess and then action. However there are some quick wins you can do to rebuild confidence.

I worked in apps dev field (Programme Mgmt) so understand your challenges. But ultimately you are not managing your stakeholders effectively which has resulted in the level of frustration you have been witnessing.

So I guess in summary
      • Communicate with us better
      • Focus on quality rather than quantity for the moment
      • Give us a clearer picture of what you are doing to address the situation
    • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Oddly enough I don't fall into any of the three choices

I believe they should have mad new content harder and level 70

Any content which is now greater than level 70 is a mistake

I believe they made some serious mistakes but all can be fixed

Urlord
    • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      jimmyhar wrote: »
      Yes, it can all be fixed but only if the will is there.

but why fix when a new game (or same game on a different console) can be the new starting point and they can just "beta test" stuff on PC :P
      haha
      People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
      edited May 2015
      rversant wrote: »
      but why fix when a new game (or same game on a different console) can be the new starting point and they can just "beta test" stuff on PC :P
      haha

Thumbs up bro.

Makes perfect sense
    • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Halloooo! Is there anybody in there????

Overall difficulty
      XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones
      Invocation
      Hourly quests
      Zone re-use
      Removed dungeons
      Campaign zone levels
      Items missing slots/stats
      And more...
    • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      rversant wrote: »
      haha

Yeah, matches my thoughts too, either they have a Plan B game, they are working on (actually they have, according to their own statements in the past) or as i said a few times, the PC platform was just a cheap PR bridge to Xbox and a free testing community.
      The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
      Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
      Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
      David Icke

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Halloooo! Is there anybody in there????

Overall difficulty
      XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones
      Invocation
      Hourly quests
      Zone re-use
      Removed dungeons
      Campaign zone levels
      Items missing slots/stats