test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

Comments

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings, Mr. Shicoff.
    Your message here has been the first bit of good news since the release of Mod 6. I'm hoping to see it bear fruit soon. because the 4/23 patch was a disaster that broke more things than it fixed, rather like mod 6 in general. There will be unavoidably a great deal of duplication here because it would take hours for me to sort out the things players have already said in this thread and because it bears repeating. A short (no, really this is the short version) list of things that need to be fixed:
    1) In general, the feeling that the dev team tested almost nothing about the new mod or the patches that have come out since. The mod was nowhere near ready for release and the 'fixes' since have been embarrassing failures.
    2) The feeling that the desires and concerns of the player base have been and continue to be largely ignored.
    3) The feeling that there is an insulting disregard for the intelligence of the player base, for instance dishonestly promising that we'd get 80% of RP value for our old artifact equipment when in fact we get 40, and everyone who bothered to check in in preview saw through the lie as soon as we were told it.
    4) Bad class balancing. In dungeons we are almost back to the stultifying mod 3 state where CWs and GWFs do all the damage, though TRs do too now, and everyone else is a utility class at best. Some of this is due to the ongoing ability of DCs to constantly refill the party's AP, and this doesn't help HRs since their dailies are relatively puny. However, my experience continues to be that my relatively well-geared trapper HR does about 1/2 to 1/3 the damage it should be doing relative to the rest of the party.
    4) Plant Growth should apply Strong Grasping Roots. They are roots, they grasp strongly, and the appropriate feat bonuses should apply. It makes no sense whatever that they are some new, third kind of roots that avoid trapper feats.
    5) The damage, HP and sometimes speed of epic mobs and bosses in mod 6 is absurd and needs to be hugely reduced. Not 10% or 15% but 60% or 80%. There aren't enough DCs and tanks to go around in order to facilitate dungeon runs for everyone and there never will be. Just give up on the idea that we should always need a healer (and frankly this could and should be taken care of by re-scaling the healing abilities of HRs and SWs). Currently dungeons take far too long and are not fun. The caches of the elements and of the protector were a nice touch, though, and at least make them rewarding once a day.
    6) Give us back our defense, life steal, regeneration and deflect.
    7) Re-scale healing potions to be meaningful at level 70. Right now their total uselessness is an obvious money grab to make players buy health stones. We see it and we aren't impressed.
    8) Put a real spam filter on chat. We're sick to death of spammers and tired of having to play whack-a-mole with right click to get rid of them so we can find a dungeon party.
    9) Fix the bug with major jewels and kits that requires us to apply them in inventory bags.
    10) Give us a way to craft bags at high level leatherworking and tailoring. Exactly how does it make sense that we employ 9 leatherworkers or tailors and not one knows how to put a backpack together?
    11) Just make Tiamat playable again. Come on.
    12) Give us back our missing dungeons. While you're at it, give us a way to get to that one hidden chest in Pirate King that you can't even reach by wall-climbing.
    13) If this whole mod is about elemental things, give us more drops for elemental aggregates and unified elements.
    14) Stop recycling lair interiors and bosses, the way that the tower in Spinward Rise is just the Tower of Celadaine or the giant crab is just the Master Of The Hunt.
    15) Walk back the level 60 zones. No one likes the changes to them and they serve no purpose but to frustrate new players and/or characters.
    16) The new TR abilities are basically not being used by anyone and should be replaced.
    17) Same with the new DC abilities other than Geas from what I gather.
    18) Already covered in 5), but stop it with the constant, pointless, frustrating one-shot kills. No amount of player tactics or teamwork stops them. Lostmauth is nearly unplayable, so we're all wandering around with empty glyph slots - especially since you (for no obvious reason) nerfed the drop rate for glyphs.
    19) And while we're at it, most of the glyph bonuses were rendered meaningless by stat inflation in the new mod, so glyphs should be updated.
    20) Give us something useful to buy with shadowmantle seals, seals of the dark fey and Kessel's sigils.
    21) A preview tooltip for VT, MC and KR keys so we know what they get us.
    22) The fourth Sharandar and Dread Ring feats NEED to be recalculated so that they actually proc with useful frequency. Right now they are and always have been an utter disappointment, having no effect on the game despite the huge amount of time it takes to obtain them.
    23) In feat and boon trees, instead of telling us there's 'a chance' for something to proc, tell us what the amount of that chance is so we can make an informed decision.
    24) Speaking of chance, the RNG has never lived up to the stated odds in any respect from opening skill nodes to refinement. Fix it.
    25) Tell us the amount of the internal cooldowns on all enchantments/enhancements.
    26) Dragon's hoard enchantments are STILL NOT FIXED. After a couple of hours of playing on any given day, there almost always comes a time at which I log back in, do a quest or a zone and find that I get no drops at all. This is unacceptable and insulting. If you need an anti-botting measure, get rid of the auto-pickup feature and make drops disappear after a minute of non-combat in the immediate area. I haven't believed for some time that the fault in these enchantments is unintentional and I am sick of it. It has probably cost me millions in refining points by now.
    27) Re-scale soulforged enchantments to give players meaningful starting health and regeneration on resurrection at level 70.
    29) Animations for gushing wound, rain of arrows, cordon of arrows and so on should be faster given that standing still for any length of time is now so much more of a risk to players.
    30) Fix Bloodbath so it doesn't proc if a player activates it and there aren't targets close enough. The little cackle when a TR presses 1 to use it when there's an enemy RIGHT NEXT TO HIM and he ends up dead with no AP and not having used the daily he just spent is not amusing.
    31) If you want to rework GWFs, get rid of Sprint (a heavily armored class should not be able to run like it's on rocket skates) and all their ranged attacks. They're a melee class and they should have to fight like one. In fact, their melee attacks often need to come nowhere near a target to do damage, so fix that too. Especially if you're planning on giving them yet more annoying control time in pvp.
    32) Bring HRs' archery and combat trees up to par with trappers. Archery is better with the new encounter powers but few people are playing combat anymore. Also, give HRs a big damage daily (for both Stormwarden and Pathfinder) like EVERY OTHER CLASS has and get rid of Cold Steel Hurricane and other powers that absolutely no one ever uses.
    33) HRs should be able to choose both halves of their powers, i.e. slotting Boar Charge instead of Steel Breeze as the other half of Constricting Shot, for instance, or in the case of archery slotting Constricting Shot as the other half of, say, Commanding Shot, or for combat slotting Hindering Strike opposite Gushing Wound.
    34) A better set bonus for the Lathander set than immunity to injury. The solution to overspending gold on injury kits is to walk back some of the terrible changes made in mod 6 that result in players dying all the time.
    35) The grind currently called for to upgrade the black ice forge - 10 Unified Elements - is ridiculous. Everyone will have their purple gear before they have 10 UEs if they aren't buying them. I have no objection to the amount of black ice involved.
    36) Fix whatever it is that causes Astral Seal, Knight's Valor and so on to cause crippling lag in 25-and-more-player raid situations. This has been going on for months and should never have been a problem in the fist place. It constantly allows new players, or those who can't read English, or who just don't listen, to screw things up for dozens of others at a time.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll edit and add to this as I keep playing. Thanks for your presumed attention.
  • karnashiikarnashii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sooo... Feedback..

Well on my main which was super geared before mod 6 i had a bit of issues with the 60-70 grind i didnt die every second but i did die often which is fine i like a challenge but i just got an alt to 60 and can not afford to get it perfectly geared out and its in 55-60 blues and dies every other second. I also do not like all the dungeons being moved to 70 and zones as well. This is a problems. But still the biggest problem is see is for new players trying to get to 70 and just dying over and over and over unless they find groups willing to carry them or even join... its just to much of a grind and i think the super hard mobs should stay at 70 not 60-69
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, those who know me by now from the forums know all, that i am always on the side of the little man, but this day was even for me the top and i have to say i am a bit of sick of people now, my entire neck and arms hurt and i got a nice head ache from the long hours of stress. :(

My ultimate reason, why i'm asking the Devs to turn back the difficulty slider is, that it's simply unbearable for a PUG player (guilds ruined by Mod 6), like me to collect those seals, the majority of the game's population is simply- and i am very polite now- not so bright up there and way too casual.

The Mod is utterly broken, still people are sometimes too childish or show no responsibility towards the team members.

Let me tell you a little story.

Played in VT for long hours tonight, wasted over 60 injury kits and had only 1 team, that could do that fairly easy place. Not so easy as it was, but compared to other dungeons now, it is really simple to do.

I had teams, where most of the players were teenagers and they simply didn't know, how an analogue clock is working. Today's generation...:confused:

Had teams, where CWs came in in mostly green gear. Ouch.

Had teams, where most people ran backwards, counterclockwise, like they would want to commit suicide with the ghosts.

Sadly in most cases, if you try to tell people, how it should be done, they kick you.

Kicking is now on such a high level, that people come and go with every minute, they kick without even looking. Boy i had the highest DPS with my TR and got insta kicked many many times.

OK, now we have zero content now, other than grinding these few places, that can be done. This Mod gave us nothing, only took away some of the good old dungeons and turned everything that was working upside down. We only have those few dungeons left and even there it will be a lifetime until one collects the seals.

So for God's sake dear Devs in next patch-hopefully during Thursday's maintenance- scale a bit the difficulty back or introduce some sort of requirements for the current dungeons, cause the majority of the players is simply too causal and can't communicate a word with each other.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh yes and i have to repeat again and again, the potions are not updated to Mod 6.

The little gadgets, like the Champion's Horn or Pocket Pet are not working or they even cancel out other healing artifacts.

The current double XP is fine, but by the time a new toon reaches lvl 60 with it's current gear, it gets nowhere with that under performing low standard gear and continuing leveling towards 70 is a constant pain.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I get my TR to 70, still have 16 quest's to finish from the 3rd area Fiery Pit and..... well, right now I cant bring my self to go anywhere near the place. So .. whilst leveling the TR I did remember to do the invoking on my DC, so poor little blighter goes up a level to 65 from 64 in 3rd misery shores area.. gets auto sent back to 64, fine EXCEPT she now does less damage and takes heaps more..... for the love of....(fades to muttering once again) so figure I would try a few Harpers quests from reading the forums, kill a dragon fine, kill the cultist fine, (lets not mention that I cant do these ones for another 7 hours) disrupt the cultist camp. what the ?????? its a 70 zone!!! I am left with no where to go thats any fun, how the hell can anybody think leveling equals worse performance in the same area/level , and you couldnt leave the dragon quests alone either so there was somewhere else we could level..... *snap sound of straw on camels back breaking*
  • kenvoggkenvogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dragon hoard enchants still not working properly. Eldritch runestone still not working properly. Game unbalanced as all get out. Dungeons virtually impossible and/or broken/bugged. Still haven't been able to finish eSoT. Tiamat? (haven't even tried). But then again, I'm only 2.44K IL with all purple artifacts/artifact gear. Some fun we're having...
  • bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You upgraded old areas to level 70, but left the loot we get to level 60... Full T3 gf with 2.4k item level score (my main) who died rarely got into dread ring instances/kessel skirmish and died (single shot) many times.... Its ok for the game to be difficult, give us a way to gather gear for it and be competitive!

Fix the leveling system from 60-70! You had a wonderful leveling system and ruined it.... But I don't see this possible without redesigning the whole expansion...
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - Remove that Level Boosting and downgrading from the game, It's just confusing for many players -
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • mzkittyleemzkittylee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    A lot of people are looking at you to fix the bugs in items and character classes and I agree that this needs to be addressed. I also agree with others who say that it won’t be enough.

Mod6… what a slap in the face for those of us who put countless hours and real money into this game only to have the proverbial rug yanked out from under our feet.

Set the game back to Mod5 and actually add new content/character classes without removing/destroying the old. If you are at a loss for new content, take a page from the original game and let the users do the work. Fix the foundry. It was a ground breaking innovation in 2002. Let it be a utility for your team as well as for us.

BoE bags? I get it, every company needs money to continue to make more content, but please stop trying to turn this game into another money sucking, nickel-and-diming game like Elsword. Seriously, stop. I played that game for less than a week before uninstalling it, but I played long enough to recognize where Neverwinter was headed. Don’t.
  • bensansbensans Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I first stated Mod 6, I had decent gear (Icewind Dale Corrupted Black Ice full set with bling, Well of Dragon artifact weapon and offhand, level 8 enchantments/runes on everything, all max-level purple companions with max bling themselves). I went about going through the Elemental storyline, I thought it was a bit more though than expected but enjoyable, I died a bit but never overwhelmed, simply that I need to play more tactically than usual and tailgate other players now & then. All in all a success as far as I was concerned.
    Just for fun, halfway into it (level 65), I went back to IwD to harvest Black Ice for the new Elemental Black Ice set and hopefully to pop a new set of gloves (wish I had done that the last few months). Got insta-killed by 2 wolves before I even saw what was happening. I griped in the chat box and was recommended to get better gear (really? really?) and come back at level 70 (ok, I can understand that). Went to WoD and bought the Eternal full set (thankfully I had grinded through that campaign enough that I could afford it and soon noticed I preferred the look of it too) which my understanding is the best I could do outside of PvP (which I loathe and I have no talent for) and Epic Dungeons (I do not have time and opportunity to team up). Also, upgraded my Black Dragon Ioun Stone to level 40 for good measure. Grinded through the Elemental campaign a bit longer to reach level 70.
    Went back to IwD with my new equipment and proud level 70 and got insta-killed by 2 yetis. For context I used to be able to solo everything but the biggest HE and soloed through all the other campaigns with decent challenge but never being insta-trashed. As my equipment got better, things went from tense to average difficulty (IwD more specifically which always was a bit challenging without being deadly).

A though fight is fun, trailing other players to team up on big HE encourages light socialization & collaboration without creating obligations (I make a point of risking my own skin to revive other payers that are downed).

Insta-kill by 2 minions is just plain insulting, considering I'm max level and with decent gear (not ultra-optimal, but quite decent).
    To repeat, insulting.
    It is not a measure of my talent (medium) or even my gear (thankfully I can afford decent stuff).
    Why should I be locked out of 4 great zones and most dungeons? Don't I pay for full content? (I do buy Zen, but even if I didn't, the question remains)

I have played the game almost since it came out, I have put good money into it (many hundreds, bought most expensions, then some playing money for cool stuff) and was planning to put some more to speed me through acquiring "unified elements" to get new/better black ice gear through professions and was eyeing some new mount (the crab is adorable). I will not do so, I will not give money to a game that insults me on purpose. I'll do something else for a few weeks and try again. If I am still insulted, I will delete my account.

Thanks for listening to my personal rant

P.S. The elemental zones I found interesting, challenging and fun though the loot drop is a bit disappointing and I am not sure why I am doing it (except to get to level 70), there seems to be no overarching goal. I like to 10 new levels and the new profession levels.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PLease Rework for: Barkshield

Barkshield is currently absolutely useless, it doesn't help against Mobs or Players.
    In PvP every player is doing over ~20k+ Dmg normal Hits,
    A single DoT do more Dmg than Barkshield can absorb,
    That 3k-Absorbs it's simply not enough just for 1-hit down and to 2k absorb,

The armor absorbs doesn't match the level 70 content against enemy mobs or Players

" Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed"
    This need to be Changed!, a single At-will destroy barkshields Bolstered Bark.

One Single "Boon" Can absorb 10,000k DMG,
    How is it possible that this is better than Transcendent Barkshield Enchantment, it's simply absurd.

This would Barkshield help to make it usable again:

- At-Will Powers should NOT be able to consume a Charge of Bolstered Bark!
    - Higher "Armor absorbs" is needed.

For the fourth Bolstered Bark:
    Transcendent - 10k absorb
    Pure - 9k Absorb
    Perfect - 8k Absorb
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll start playing again when the dragon horde resets. What's up with that??
    edited April 2015
    Does everything since Mod6 have to be a PIA. This is my leisure time, and I'm about to walk. I've been patient, and I've tried levelling up and buying new gear. I've got other things to do....
  • dragonmanxczdragonmanxcz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i cant make own thread so i will ask here...is here a mage what ussing sword?
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015

No.........
    edited April 2015

Not in Mod 6, would be my guess.
    edited April 2015
    Not in Mod 6, would be my guess.

how the called this class?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am glad to see some of my guildies from both branches posting here in feedback.

If you are a member of a guild, or have people in your friends list direct them to this thread to post constructive feedback as well.

Feedback leads to change.
    Silence means "I like everything so leave it as it is."
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited April 2015
    unangwata wrote: »
    Mage doesn't use sword or staff (unfortunately). Instead they run with silly orb floating around, like training remote and Luke Skywalker.
    Clerics also don't use hammer or mace, they raise their symbol and pray, like some vampire hunter.

and warlock?
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't really post that often, I know. I'm simply some random user who no one really knows, and I'm not one of those people with some overly popular opinion (to the forums) about 'regressing everything back to mod 5 standards except make this a proper campaign with boons n other stuff and let us play with our power fantasy'. No. I'm not going to be that guy. Because that's pretty boring. I'm mostly going to put in my thoughts here on some of the things that I found... odd or confusing, I suppose.

1: Potions.

Okay. I understand where the 10,000 HP heal comes from. That would be the next logical step in your potion curve, so good on you for keeping that... but the problem is the HP curve we have. I'm actually fine with the HP curve, too, it's just that the potions do not keep up with the HP curve. Now, I wish I had some magic number that'd keep it from being OP for lower HP'd people, and still useful for higher HP people, but I don't. I'm not that smart, or that good at game design, and I admit that. But 10,000 still seems a bit low to me.

2: Vigilance Quests.

When I first got onto the preview shard, I loved these things. I really did. I still like the idea of them, even! Keep them in, seriously. However, there is a bit of balancing problems with it that makes them unfun to go through with. I understand why each area has 16. To play all of the missions AND to make sure that you get the most experience, not to mention to hold people back from shooting to 70 in 5 hours of game time, but with how long it goes, it's... well... kind of disheartening. It puts up an illusion of a horrible grind, even when it'd honestly not be too bad otherwise.

But Zeta, why would you like these if they're unfun and unbalanced? Because on the preview shard, the amounts were different, and the EXP you got was different, too. They played around with the number, but honestly, I thought it was fine at 'Take 5 missions, you need 10 to move on to the next area'. You could probably play around with the numbers a bit, but if we're expected to take only 4 missions, then perhaps only two or three rotations instead of four. If only because we have three of those mini-areas to go through, and it might give a nice surprise to our next character if we get different vigilance quests, since we're not expected to go through them all to get to the next area. Of course, you have to balance the EXP around these, too, but honestly, I still think making an overall less amount of required quests can salvage these vigilance quests at least a little bit.

Oh, and maybe some of the hunt things down quests need to be tuned down some. Galeb Dhur are not the most common thing in the Rock to be hunting 40 of.

3: Drowned Shores.

This area is the first area that you worked on and it shows. It's probably the worst of the four, and no, I'm not going to be one of those people who are like "Oh. It's just Blackdagger Ruins flipped around." No. I actually like the fact that you're reusing zones. Because we get to see what it's like AFTER we saved it the first time. For me, at least, it actually makes a sense of progression throughout time. But I digress.

The mines areas is the worst part. I can handle it, personally, but a good chunk of my friends have been turned off by these areas. I'm not sure how to change them, though, is the thing. I'm just giving general feedback that I remember my friends and I coming up with. But the mines areas. From the lack of being able to mount up, to people having already cut through them. The latter is impossible to fix, unless respawn rates would be insane, and that's dumb for a different reason. They're just slow and boring, I suppose. Especially with how many quests end up overlapping in them. Overall, after the mines area, the zone gets a lot better. Not the best of the four, but better.

4: Heroic Encounters.

Now. Most heroic encounters are small, I know this. This isn't really talking about the small ones. This is more talking about the large ones, and in a way, some medium ones, (Emberclaw for example). The thing is, despite these being pretty decent heroic encounters, there isn't really much for completing them. There are the elemental boxes, but are they really enough? I'll admit that I didn't do them much, but there's not much point for trying out something like the Battle for Mistral Point if there's nothing you can get from them. No one really does many of these heroic encounters from my observation. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm always in that one instance where no one tries, but... well... I never see it.

I'm not sure what you could give, but you might want to give something worthwhile from it. The elemental containers are nice, but I guess just not enough for a lot of people.

5: Progression through the other Lv. 60+ areas.

Now. This is such a minor point, but I'm mostly going through these as I think of them. I liked one thing in Drowned Shores a lot, and that's the fact that you didn't get to fight the boss of that area until after the vigilance quests of that specific area was defeated. It was a little bit better in terms of immersion, I suppose. And while we went into their lairs before we fought the bosses in most cases, we didn't fight them themselves. A lot of people probably wouldn't like this way of doing things, but it's not like I've agreed with a lot of things people mentioned on here, and this really is such a minor point.

6: Lag.

The lag in some of these new areas is horrendous. Fix it. There's not much more I can say. But I do have one thing to ask: Why is Spinward Rise's cap 30? Why not 20 like the other areas? I can kind of understand the thinking for, like, the main heroic encounter, but it does still not help out with the lag in the area.

7: Spinward Rise.

Speaking of Spinward Rise, there are a couple of comments I have about this area in general. The area is beautiful. By far the most beautiful thing in Neverwinter. My god you guys outdid yourselves with this area. And my criticisms aren't really all that big. Really, just three things. A bug, and two criticisms.

Let's start with the bug. The Elemental Air Devices just drop randomly even if you don't have the quest. This has probably been reported, but whatever. I might as well bring it up here, too. The criticisms are... actually these might be bugs, too. But generally getting messages off of cultists in Thunderhead Reach is a painful process. As are the Slaadi control gems. They don't really drop that often. Oh, and as I'm typing this, I recall another bug. There's a quest where you have to kill 40 Slaadi. To get this done in any reasonable time, you have to drag them into the pools of Chaos to be able to get them.

And for the second criticism. And I'm not expecting anything to be done about this because this is some amount of effort that could be used fixing other things, but... the lairs in this area. The other areas reuse lairs, yes, but they are repeat areas, and as such, can get away with it. This place kind of blatantly steals from other areas: Air cult Barracks being the Orc Barracks, the Slaadi instance being the final Chasm instance, and most blatantly, Nimbus Tower being Celadaine's Tower. I'd almost like to see people come up with alternate instances for these to make them feel more unique to Spinward Rise, but that's just a dream of mine.

8: Dungeons and Skirmishes. Not Difficulty-Related. That's Point 9.

Honestly, I really shouldn't bring this up at this point since it really doesn't matter. But it's kind of disappointing how we couldn't go into the towers themselves, considering that they're the fortresses of these cultists. They would be a decent amount of dungeons to be able to go into between 61 and 70.

For example:
    Dread Vault (Only here for a comparison): 60-70
    Tower of Delights: 63-70
    Reclamation Rock: 65-70
    Whatever the dungeon in Firey Pit would be named: 67-70
    Stratos Tower: 70

Maybe have these drop some gear better than the gear you might get from just questing through or something to make it worth going through. HOWEVER, I do understand this would be a lot of work, and wouldn't be surprised if you decided against this, especially in light of the many fixes you have to do for the game as it is now, as well as the other dungeons that are being reworked.

Really, this one is more of a selfish point that I'm not expecting anything to be done with. But hell, I might as well get all of my ideas out. Even if it turns out it was impossible to enter these towers because something that would keep you out or something. I'll admit, I didn't pay the most attention to the lore surrounding the towers.

9: Dungeon Difficulty.

I'm going to tackle this in a different way, though sheer damage numbers is also a problem. But first, I must ask this question:

Why are the module dungeons the Tier 1s? No seriously. I'm curious. Why is something like Lostmauth and his 3-4 things going on at once the introduction to dungeons? Now, I could be wrong and the Tier 2 bosses could be worse in terms of 'stuff going on', but still. It seems a bit harsh to just throw people into Valindra and Lostmauth in the beginning of their Epic Dungeoning careers. Unless you're going to introduce Epic Valindra's Tower as a Tier 3 dungeon or something, this seems a bit awkward to me.

Base game to Module 5 had a pretty good way to introduce people to Epic Dungeons: Cloak Tower. Really, that and Cragmire Crypts. They weren't too hard and they were a nice introduction to being able to start on gear. Again, I'm not saying all dungeons have to be as easy as Cloak Tower. That's just stupid. But I feel an introductory dungeon to Epic Levels might not be a bad idea.

10: Level Scaling and Modules 1-5 Campaigns.

It doesn't seem to scale right, and this is what's causing a lot of problems for campaigns. If you're anything but 70, then you're screwed when it comes to the campaigns. And even then it can be a bit rough. I know you wanted this to be an alternate leveling path, as well as content you can still do at 70 still. But I'm unsure if that could be possible. It probably is, but you'd need to work on the level scaling method.

Otherwise, if you wish the campaigns to be alternate leveling paths and can't do that, then I guess you'd just have to make them kind of into other adventure zones, albeit different, I suppose, with a possible change to Whispering Caverns. If only because you just can't do it very well solo at Lv. 60.

However. This would simply remove ALL Lv. 70 content outside of Well of Dragons, and it would be awkward with the campaign format of the areas. Not to mention how the quests would take forever to do due to them being dailies. So this in itself probably wouldn't work either. Honestly, just work on the level scaling, really.

11. Rank 4 abilities.

Seriously. A bunch of these are bugged. Please fix them. Pleeeease. I'm not entirely sure which ones are, but I'm certain people have logged them.

In conclusion, I don't really know how to design a game, so a lot of what I mentioned likely isn't very helpful. I'm just a single voice in a sea of voices, so I'll be drowned out. I accept this fact. I'm hardly expecting many of my points to be answered, but I am just going to say this. These are some of what I think might help. I accept that I'm not very good at this, but if I didn't put this out there, then I'd have no real say in trying to help out. Even a little bit.

I like Neverwinter a lot. It's a nice MMO. I've spent likely thousands of hours on this game, even if most of them aren't logged on my Arc profile. I've only been here since a week or so after the game was formally launched. And you know what? I'm going to go so far as to say I love the idea of Mod 6.

A reset from the power creep that infested Mod 5 and made it unfun (for me) to play. To make a new base for the game to progress, to temporarily hit us and better allow our growth in the future. I love this idea, it's what I think the game desparately needed. But there are a lot of problems in Module 6, too. Even what I mentioned probably isn't really all of them. Just the ones I noticed.

But I'm also just a single player. And that is just my experience and feelings. If you actually read this list, even with all of the other lists out there, then thank you. My time wasn't entirely wasted in writing this.
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and warlock?

warlock use a blade with power equal to that of a butter knife
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A Sword Mage would be interesting in NW.
    I aim to misbehave
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zetahatate wrote: »
    I don't really post that often, I know. I'm simply some random user who no one really knows, and I'm not one of those people with some overly popular opinion (to the forums) about 'regressing everything back to mod 5 standards except make this a proper campaign with boons n other stuff and let us play with our power fantasy'. No. I'm not going to be that guy. Because that's pretty boring. I'm mostly going to put in my thoughts here on some of the things that I found... odd or confusing, I suppose.

. . .

I don't usually read a wall-o-text post but you have some very valid points. I hope the devs see this and address at least some of the issues, especially lag.

Nicely done.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Best way for the new lead designer to experience the current problems would be to start a new game, roll a class (not a CW though) and play through the game from 1-70 with 5k Zen as starting aid.

And at 70 start gearing into T1 and then T2 using only the automatic group finder.
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most of the problems people have seem to boil down to two catagories: difficulty and bugs. The former, I don't really have a fair standpoint to comment on for the most part and while I got things I could say about it, I'm not going to waste anyone's time with my possibly unsubstantiated/unreasonable half-assed ideas on them.

Bugs, however, are a big thing.

What I think a lot of people are waiting to see is how the devs decide to tackle the numerous bugs present in the game - the bugs that got changed in the patch being two (admittedly ridiculously so) 'buffing' bugs, while all the ones that actively weaken us being ignored, has me personally a bit miffed. As a rogue player, the current unreliability of Shadow of Demise has me quite annoyed - it certainly does NOT do what it says in the tooltip. I'm honestly not sure what causes it to activate at this point. I'm quite certain that there are other issues along the lines of this problem, but I don't know what they are. On top of that, it's quite known that a lot of rank 4 powers are simply nonfunctional -at best-. In addition, the Hastening Light bug that got patched shows that there may be some lingering issues with artifact offhand feature boosts.

Here's the three major things that need to be done:

-Go through all the feats - yes, ALL of them - and make sure they work as they're supposed to. Most importantly, make sure they do what the tooltip says they do. If you want them to do something other than what the tooltip says, then change the tooltip to what you want it to do. Obviously after doing this there may be some bugged interactions between some feats, but getting them all to work individually has to come before anything else.

-Go through the rank 4 powers, and make sure all of those work as intended. It's pretty clear just from looking at Rogue's Courage Breaker that not every power even had much attention paid to it - going by the tooltip, rank 4 courage breaker causes an affected target to deal 120% less damage... which doesn't make any sense. HR 'aspect' abilities actually subtract a level at rank 4, making them effectively rank 2s. GWF's Weapon Master becomes unable to gain stacks at all at rank 4. The consistant issue seems to be that a lot of these powers just weren't looked at to make sure they work, and they need to be gone over. And again, yes, all of them.

-After doing the second one, the artifact offhand abilities need to be tested. Everybody knows about the Hastening Light interaction, but did you know that Invisible Infiltrator's offhand power doesn't function at all? Once the rank 4 powers are working, these need to be gone over as well. Once again, I do mean all of them.

I have a few minor graphical complaints as well (mostly relating to shields), but honestly, those issues take a complete backseat to the gameplay bugs. Please fix them, or at least acknowledge that they're known and you're working on them. We can't reasonably expect you to deal with all of them in just a couple of patches, but the major ones people have been mentioning don't seem like they'd be that difficult to fix. Please, I desperately want this game to succeed, but as it is right now, it's so badly bugged that I can't blame people for just not playing anymore.
  • dorondondorondon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After asking my guild (La Hermandad Inmortal), here you have some insights:

1. Our percepcion is that new classes (now paladin, before HR, etc.) are always better at the beginning, and they get slowly nerfed. It looks a way to have people to spend money in new powerful toons and then change.
    2. There is no way to farm dungeons, money or Ads. Not even paying money makes a diference.
    3. Space in bad is running sort, we need more bags space or more bags slots. There are so many enchantments, potions, quest objects, etc
    4. PvP sis really boring. We need new maps with new challenges
    5. It would be nice to tie armor sets to a single key, so you can change fast. Maybe it can have a cool down
    6. New potions are nice but it would be nice to get them more powerful. As the enemies are now we are clearly undegeared
    7. It would be nice to have an armor what have sskills as the main hand and off hand set has.
    8. GF shield should cover 180º as they do in Icewind
    9. Get a clear difference between the Devoted Cleric (DC), The Oathbound Paladin (OP) and the Guardian Fighter (GF), because the new OP can make the work of the GF and the DC too, leaving them aside in terms of tanking and healing...
    - The Overload Enchantments should be stacked in 99 like normal Enchantments
    - New level 70 armor sets should give a set bonus like the old level 60 ones did
    - Fix the crappy way that pvp matches are done and find a new way to balance it.
    10. I consider myself as a pvp player, is the thing i like to play, and as a pvp player i fell very mistreated.
    Ill try to point which problems pvp has, not talking about balance or bugs ( there are some issues with this) but problems surrounding pvp.

1º Only 1 pvp kind. All pvp is based on getting bases standing on them... there are plenty known kinds of pvp please consider implementing few more.

2º Pvp players forced to wear pve gear. We cant get full gear playing pvp, in fact we just can get 4/12 gear slots filled, last module we were able to wear 12/12 pvp gear but some of them where not BiS (for pvp), why are we going backwards? i just cant understand this.

3º Imposible to earn enough AD through PvP. Pve players can go to dungeon, skirmirmish or whatever, if they are lucky enough they can get some gear to sell and earn AD for their own character, pvp players just cant get any AD from any source. Gear is always bound, and drops after a match are just ridicoulus. Why is gear bound? do you consider farming 19k glory is easy or a thing you can do in just 1 afternoon?

4º PvP campaing items not updated to level 70. Why adding pvp shirt/pants/rings etc if we are not going to use them? why arent them updated? this feels like devs just dont care about pvp.
    You need to focus also in pvp, most of your competitors have a strong pvp (and a big pvp community), there are entire games based on pvp! neverwinter has great combat mechanics but pvp overall is terrible. I would love to play just pvp and get full experience from the game.
    11. Foundry are abandoned. It was a promising feature, but nowadays are useless. Only used for exploiting.
    12. Some kind of in-game game would be nice in order to bet diamonds.
    13. Shadow demise seems bug. It only affects one player/monster
    14. It is impossible to collect all the refine points that are required to progress. Even paying money for zen it is over hundreds and thousands of euros.
    15. Having combos would be nice for combat. Not just hit the keys in order. Real combos.
  • allegatoor#1146 allegatoor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can, without doing any of the new quests, get both the offhand and mainhand at 70. Even before you are 70. The MH ToD campaign task and the Linu vendor. Technically a new player could buy it all. Dragon coffers for linu and mats for the task. (youd still have to have campaign done up to that point though which I a new player wouldnt have)

Out of curiosity - how would a new player get the Linus needed for this?

Certainly not by beating Tiamat, which is currently near-impossible.
  • daphnesnowbourndaphnesnowbourn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with Dorondor, and a $16 bag, that is going to give you 1 or 2 (6 to 12) more slots is not the answer. I've already paid you for space. I've maxed out both personal and shared bank slots, and have already bought the best bags available at the time. This is my part of my point. So why would I pay $16 for six slots. It might be worth it, if you increase our bag limit, so that I was purchasing a full 36 slots, however even then it would be expensive.

I guess now I'm penalized for buying smaller bags. Since to increase now, I have the cost of the smaller bag that I've already bought and paid for, and the cost of the new bag, which is not going to give me that much additional space. At the very least you need to give some kind of credit on old purchased bags, when buying new bags. Maybe you could at least increase the bag limit by one or two, and increase the 5 row bag that everybody earns to six.

'