test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance pass for our companions

kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I kinda like the silly Pokemon aspect of all the available pets. But with the last modules the game has changed a lot and many good looking companions are now utterly useless.

Some of the worst companions:

Panther - our 200$ striker companion does the least damage of all strikers
Cave Bear - it's level 30 ability is 150 bonus Lifesteal...useless with the LS nerf
Drow Mercenary - the bleed attack is still bugged and does not apply
Any defender without a taunt....

And the list goes on and on. Companions are expensive and it would be nice to give them a make over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been using a cave bear with my HR for over a year and I think it's fine. I'm certainly not going to spend hundreds of thousands of AD to upgrade it to where it could even use the level 30 ability, so the fact they nerfed something I wasn't using anyway doesn't really matter to me. Also, it has no problem keeping bosses and mobs off my back despite the fact it doesn't have a taunt ability.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [...]
    Companions [...] it would be nice to give them a make over.

I'd absolutely agree with you there.

A minimum should be to align the bonus gained from stat-boosting companions with the new stat curves - should be a simple "find - replace" run with an editor in the relevant database or code file. But an epic companion giving me +.33% deflect chance, while a green one gives me +1% AP gain is somewhat... ...meh, no?

On the one hand Cryptic encourages using companions with the change of the game's balance, on the other hand everything gets revamped - but the companion's buffs. Gives the impression of an unfinished job to me.
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They really should give them a revamp. I mean the new content. I watched a slew of defender companions get one shot by a Troll... or was it a Cyclops. Wasn't even a major boss.