test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So a spitting drake caught a cold in WoD today.

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Sneezed a few inches away from me, and insta gibbed me for 70ish K hp.

oh the fun! I can't take it!
Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, it was obviously the plague, not some random cold.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maybe it took a bite of the code and had to spit it out...
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    probably a 1 of those torturers in wod spinned too much ice balls there + made hundreds of kills freezin ppl and 1 shootin them poor ppl doin daily there ! :(
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Same kind of fun that my 19k defense Paladin has, when he gets one shotted by a normal melee attack in epic Cragmire.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same kind of fun that my 19k defense Paladin has, when he gets one shotted by a normal melee attack in epic Cragmire.

That's a L2P issue. I've never seen a Tank paladin dying in a dungeon unless he was really poorly geared and doing serious mistakes.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    That's a L2P issue. I've never seen a Tank paladin dying in a dungeon unless he was really poorly geared and doing serious mistakes.

I take it that you have not done any epic content then.
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »

To repeat an earlier post:

Allowing players to select from multiple difficulty settings would (potentially) allow all players to access and ENJOY all content. It would provide for increased longevity by allowing players to up their choice of difficulty level when they've got enough gear together. Those who are geared to the max can be provided with more challenging game play by simply providing another difficulty level.

It is probable that as with most things the range of players fit into a fairly broad bell curve distribution with most being moderate/casual gamers and a small percentage at either end of the distribution. Adding difficulty levels would split that curve into multiple smaller narrower bell curves but with those at either end able to move up or down if they so desired.

Any game that is targetted to appeal solely to the bellends will most likely fail because there won't be enough of them to sustain it.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there are different tiers - normal and epic, or do you want same rewards so ppl who have enough skill to easily run hardest versions, run the easy version instead @ 10min/run and make rewards useless ?

smth like that(with same rewards) could work only on time gated content, IF that could work at all
    Paladin Master Race
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    there are different tiers - normal and epic, or do you want same rewards so ppl who have enough skill to easily run hardest versions, run the easy version instead @ 10min/run and make rewards useless ?

Why would they do that if they wanted to play a challenging game? The reward is an enjoyable game, FUN FOR ALL players. If 'ppl who have enough skill to easily run hardest versions, run the easy version instead @ 10min/run', who cares, I certainly don't, if that's what they find fun then let them.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »

smth like that(with same rewards) could work only on time gated content, IF that could work at all

You and your absolutes...

If you make the chance to drop that same reward e.g. 25% in epic and 5% in normal, people can pick their game. Maybe figures might have to be twisted a bit this way or that, but basically things like that have been done, and worked OK. Everyone can select to either run the softened, moderate task over and over again - or face the challenge and and pain to have a good-ish chance to get the stuff fast.

Another thing where you can put up incentives is the side benefits: If e.g. the epich chests contained like a cool dye (a bright red e.g.), or 3000 rAD as an extra, or a chance for the latter, I can think of many people who would take that pick, and other's who'd say "Nah. Normal's good enough for me."
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You and your absolutes...

If you make the chance to drop that same reward e.g. 25% in epic and 5% in normal, people can pick their game. Maybe figures might have to be twisted a bit this way or that, but basically things like that have been done, and worked OK. Everyone can select to either run the softened, moderate task over and over again - or face the challenge and and pain to have a good-ish chance to get the stuff fast.

Another thing where you can put up incentives is the side benefits: If e.g. the epich chests contained like a cool dye (a bright red e.g.), or 3000 rAD as an extra, or a chance for the latter, I can think of many people who would take that pick, and other's who'd say "Nah. Normal's good enough for me."

im ok with different rewards, but a bunch of ppl asked for same rewards, my idea was gear that is 1~2 lvls better(maybe 100 stat pts) and a slight visual change
    Paladin Master Race
    edited April 2015
    If you make the chance to drop that same reward e.g. 25% in epic and 5% in normal

You appear to have got these the wrong way round (assuming epic is for those who want a MORE challenging game).

A visual change would make sense though, with say armour getting more dinted and/or blood stained with higher difficulties.

Again:

It also means that newer players who want to move on to higher difficulties (because they've geared up) will enter higher levels at a disadvantage (as well as having to wait longer/ grind more before doing so). Surely the goal should be to make it easier for them to move up levels and join in earlier (easier for players at high levels to form groups).

Oh..yeah...there's also the argument that players who want more of a challenge should receive less rewards in order to make it more challenging (besides everything's already too easy for them so they don't need the rewards anyway).

Why nerf the rewards for the less able playing at a challenging level (for them) and boost the rewards for those playing at an easy level (for them - because we all know the games still too easy for some). Surely, the rewards should remain the same and difficulty should be selected based solely on the style of game the player(s) wish to play. Why make the game a chore for some when it's unnecessary, keep it FUN FOR ALL players.