test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What class is your main?

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I just want to get a general feel of what class(es) everyone plays and what you like about it? I know a bunch of people have multiple characters, but which do you consider your main?

I've played a Guardian Fighter and am now working on a Paladin.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    I waited mod 6 to main a Paladin/tankadin, mod 5 was cleric.
    I love it.
    BUt
    It would be great if you could fix all the skills/feats/paragon feats tho ( despite not being the topic too many things are broken to be 100% enjoyable).
    Due to the dumb grind, it will be the only character 70 i'll play.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW SS Thaum build 2.9k ils having a blast
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    atm its Pala though my old main is GWF and might have to restart him if whiners get their way and there is no more need for tanks
    Paladin Master Race
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually started with a HR, but made a GWF when my partner started playing too.. he's been my main man ever since. Close second is my DC. They're both specced out to be solid "utility" players. The GWF is effective tank/DPS and the DC is primarily a healer (as DCs should be), but she can bring the hurt when need be.

I have a GF, but can't stand playing it... and a baby SW that I like to boink around with when I get burned out on high level stuff.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have every class other than GWF, I have enjoyed playing each of them, but I would say that the Paladin (healadin) will definitely be my main, though I am planning on rolling a second paladin to play as a tank and see if I enjoy that too.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DC main (Foe-smiting DPS-specced RiDO, as a Devoted War God's Cleric should be IMO), but I play all the Mod 5 classes but GWF and GF on a regular basis. My SW, too, is currently on standby - Temptress Healer was the path I liked, so take a guess as to why...

Currently leveling a Paladin, so far feels and looks good, but I'm only 45-ish as of now.

For some pre-info you might also wish to look here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?862091-What-Character-Class-will-your-first-Level-70-be
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SW - but in name only until this Mod Sux mess is fixed. You had your chance on the 23rd to correct the compete neutering of the Temptation SW - and you totally ignored it.

Fix this SW spec - don't give a lengthy spiel about taking weeks or months - JUST FIX IT.

oh and:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/34678/Neverwinter-Mistakes-Were-Made-with-This-Release-says-Lead-Designer.html
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main and my first character is HR and my second favourite alt is a TR.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My personal favorites are my CW, GF, TR, and DC. I've played HR, GWF, and SW up to 60, but I'm just not as fond of them as my other 4. If I had to pick just one as my main, I guess it would have to be my CW. I played her as an Oppressor since mod 3, long before it was more cool to do so. So, Ive not really had to adjust my play style all that much, to deal with mod 6.

Sure, I know I could do better as a pure DPS renegade or thaum. But I like being a bit of an odd duck. :D
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since I could only choose one, I went with GF, but I consider my CW to be equally my main.
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lmao @ the fact that very few play TR after SoD and Knife's Edge were tweaked/fixed.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gwf! when the Rangers were launched it was too late...
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ara my GWF is my main but I had all the classes but SW and OP to level 60 before the new mod. I Love all the classes and cant wait to try OP. My first love was GF and have been realy enjoying time with Traxis again lately as the new changes have made tanks viable in end game again :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been TR since the beginning through the good and the bad times. I have all the classes but they just park and do leadership now since this game is sooo alt unfriendly.
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like callofkutulu, i'm a TR since the start (the first of may are 2 years), and i will never change my main. I love this class so much!
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    My main has been GWF for a long time, but at this point in time, I am very much enjoying my OP. It's currently level 61, and I might end up making it my main. I just don't know, because I spent so much time and money on my GWF.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main was Sentinel GWF. Since Sentinel can't tank anything anymore nor deal good damage my new main is Paladin.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is a CW. I'm Master of Flame of course. Hey, it's the only class that can literally burn things down *o*

In most game I played, I always choose to play caster : themed frost if possible. Since cold spell are baseline here, I go Master of Flame then. Partly because Spellstorm is the *way to go* (I'm a rebellious mage).
    And as a fellow player of D&D (Dragonlance fan), I'm still waiting for the Fireball spell and the staff that go with it.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is the Spellstorm Renegade control wizard I have been playing since the release of drow to free players. I love the class, but my main and secondary (a Temptation Hellbringer warlock) both have little to do this mod. My CW was build for the now useless lifesteal as was my SW. It is sad to see so much time, farming effort, and money get trashed that quick.

I wish I had something positive to say about the class current but my personal experience doesn't allow for it in the current state of the game.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    HR, archer-build, Stormwarden. It's great fun, and no matter what "certain" people say, I'm *not* turning Thia into a trapper. That would be giving up, and Thia never gives up :cool:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I play warlock, because it's the dark side wizard !

I like the feel of how close to a necromancer it is, I would play Damnation warlock if there was not so many bugs in the tree.. and not very optimized puppet (stuck out of boss room puppet is silly). So for now I play Fury tree :p

Only 5 warlocks?... There used to be so much more...
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I mained a CW from launch till M4 when I switched to my current SW main.

Sticking with my Warlock despite how much more useful I would probibly be as a CW :P
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is a Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle. I chose a Cleric because in playing D&D, I've always loved the versatility of Clerics, the ability to smite, wear armour, and still heal when needed. I think it is best to describe what the things I love about the class AND what I loathe about it so that you'd have a clear indication of the player view of the class.

-Dynamic Gamplay Most of the DC powers need to be manually aimed, especially our largest damage dealer (Daunting Light). As well, I'm probably on of the few that enjoys the Divinity/Empowered paradigm as it's a nice layer of complexity in what is already a very action-oriented gameplay model. It leaves a class that is difficult to play well and one can have gratification from playing it.
    -Versatility Damage, Healing, Buffing, Debuffing, with a touch of control lets a DC player fill a number of roles in a party which keeps things interesting for the player. (a single loadout is not what a good DC has, so the current loadout options in the game can be a pain)
    -That Dodge Invulnerability frames are great, especially with the new damage model. Every class should have some. I hope They implement something for GF, OP, GWF, SW so they can stand a chance in some balanced way
    -Healing through damage dealing Searing Light, Divine Glow, Sunburst, and if repurpose soul actually worked properly. I like dynamic powers with dual purposes.

Dislikes:
    -Capstone Feats Sacrifice some core ability This is the only class in game where the capstones require that some other ability doesn't work as it normally would to obtain the added ability. Virtuous - direct heals no longer directly heal. Faithful - HoTs no longer HoT and are instead held in escrow.
    -Class Features & Feats that aid everyone.... except the cleric herself/himself Um.... why? Why is this tradeoff even necessary. Every other class gets to benefit from their own powers, yet the cleric cannot? As a matter of game design and logic, it is incomprehensible that this is necessary.
    -Poor Damage/Healing unless feated The healing done by clerics in this game has always been limited, and is only really highly effective now if feated in the Virtuous or Faithful paths. Yet damage is also fairly minimal with a DPS only daily (hammer of fate) doing less damage than many encounters from other classes. One might argue that Daunting Light does large damage, but this must be manually aimed and has a slow resolution time so can can often miss if not a sandbag mob.
    -Slow Casting Times Because of the animations of most cleric powers, the player needs to remain immobile to resolve them or they get cancelled. The one power we do have that does significant damage (Daunting Light) has such a slow resolution time that it is ineffective against mobile mobs or players as it also has to be manually targeted.
    Heroic Feats with 5 min Internal Cooldowns And THIS is why there's no diversity in selecting DC Heroic Feats

I also play a HR, TR, GF, and GWF, so my opinions on this class are not out of the ether. Thanks for reading.
  • rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have two classes that I play competitively in PVE (I don't PVP).

CW (MoF) - Renegade with icy veins (Most beautiful feat I've seen since joining during the last leg of Mod 3).
    GF (SM) - Tactician spec with a minor in Protector (started out as an Iron Vanguard Protector but once I tried that Martial Mastery + Steel Defense combo I was hooked.)

The rest of my characters are just for kicks and for getting sigils for my mains.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main character, Ian Darksword, is a level 70 Hunter Ranger. I'm an outdoorsy guy, so the ranger is always my favorite class, be it either at the Table Top or online. The build is mostly combat focused with two feats off of the trapper tree as well. You can also try my Foundry quest NW-DFDAXX8VE"Whispers of an Ancient Evil...[Extended Edition]". However, with the recent changes in enemy difficulty, I recommend bringing a friend...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main has always been a GWF, it was my first character in NWO and the closest to my old AD&D character (2nd edition fighter with great sword weapons spec.) I didn't pick it for any particular class benefit as when I started the game I had no clue what the powers, and abilities would be, however until recently I have enjoyed it, the mixture of the sprinting dodge to avoid heavy hits, and the damage output seemed reasonable and I made it to the end game campaigns without having any complaints. Now I'm lev 70 and struggling to the point of frustration, but the difficulty issue has been expounded upon elsewhere.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cleric because I enjoy healing.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Control Wizard, this class was perfect for me; it had both crowd control and damage to help the team in dungeons (sadly theese days it's all about damage).
    One thing I still don't understand: why Sudden Storm instead of Storm Cage?