test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refining system bugged, crits not proccing

mulemulemule2mulemulemule2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Watched this happen twice.

Put in 5 stacks (99 each stack) of rank 4 enchants. They critically hit and show total points of critical hit as intended but the points are not applied. I thought I missed something the first time i did it so I tried a second set of 5 stacks of rank 4 enchants. 2 stacks critcally hit but the points were not applied!!!!!

This was done on a rank 9 radiant using 10 stacks of radiant 4's.

Can you imagine how long it took me to get those enchantments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by mulemulemule2 on

Comments

• mulemulemule2mulemulemule2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just to be clear. The critical hits on the refine roll did not apply any points at all. Nothing. Zero. Out of 10 stacks I got points for 1 stack.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If it takes you a long time to round up the enchantments, try reporting the said bug above to support and see if they can help you roll back your character and you get back the 10 stacks.

That may help you more. Good luck.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    I'm also wondering about "feeding" the new artifact weapons (in my case, the Orb and Talisman of Elemental Fire)---I tried feeding my old weapon and talisman (level 60 Corrupted Black Ice) to the Elemental Talisman and then to the Orb. Neither will accept them. The Orb was never accepting gear items anyway, it apparently only takes refining stones (even though the tooltip SAYS it will take Enchantments and Runestones as well---it doesn't), but the Talisman definitely eats gear...at least high level gear (I haven't figured out the requirements...I think they have to be at least level 60 or it turns its nose up at them)...and the Talisman won't take the Corrupted weapons either.

Which is weird, because both my Cloak of Black Ice and my Belt of Black Ice will accept the Corrupted Orb and Talisman if I try feeding it to them, I checked.

Is there a chart somewhere detailing what items will and will not be accepted for the various refining processes on different artifact gear?

The main hand gear ONLY takes lvl 70 gear. The off hand will take any that is 60 and above.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, so as the OP wrote, apparently refining with a stack that crits results in the stack getting eaten and 0 rp gain.

But you know, in principle, it's a really good change....And it's the thought that counts I suppose, maybe next patch.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • koralzombiekoralzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just to be clear. The critical hits on the refine roll did not apply any points at all. Nothing. Zero. Out of 10 stacks I got points for 1 stack.

Really really really really wished I came here and read this post before i went and tossed 20 stacks of rank 4 at my rank 10. So many crit hits I thought it was all good......

Net gain after 20 stacks of blue into a rank 10 blue was 6750........ WTF.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silvertail wrote: »
    The main hand gear ONLY takes lvl 70 gear. The off hand will take any that is 60 and above.

You can still feed your old lvl 60 artifact into your new mainhand.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silvertail wrote: »

My offhand will not accept level 60 gear (none of them will). None of my artifacts accept enchantments (although some people say theirs do). I can only use 105 gear and resonance stones.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Well then why won't my Elemental Fire Talisman accept the Corrupted Black Ice weapon and offhand? They're level 60.

[Edit: Read too fast and on the fly: The Elemental Fire stuff needs Level 70 gear, ArtiGear, or Refining Stones.]
    edited April 2015
    Can anyone tell me if they can refine enchantments into their artifacts so I can be sure or not whether I am bugged?
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Enchantments into regular Artifact... Yes

Enchantments into Artifact Equipment... No

Thanks, I am the same. I was unsure as it sounded like some said they could put them into artifact equipment, and indeed artifact equipment tooltip does suggest that one can. The only thing I can put into artifact equipment is level 105 gear and resonance stones so I was making sure.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can not reproduce that.

I dumped quite a lot of Rank 5s into Artifacts and Enchantments since yesterday and always got proper RP.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    I can not reproduce that.

I dumped quite a lot of Rank 5s into Artifacts and Enchantments since yesterday and always got proper RP.
    Same. After reading this thread I observed closely the results of a few refinements, and I can't reproduce OP problem. My stacks are indeed producing critics and numbers are in line with what I expected.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    We are taking a look, thanks.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    It looks like the UI can tell you that you get more than you actually do when there are crits. We currently do not believe any RP is being lost, just that the UI isn't fully accurate.
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    It looks like the UI can tell you that you get more than you actually do when there are crits. We currently do not believe any RP is being lost, just that the UI isn't fully accurate.

thanks for that bit of info, i'll personally be waiting to hear a definitive answer
    edited April 2015
    After reading the additional posts here I tested again, although with different, cheaper enchantments, and haven't been able to replicate the 0 RP gain. Here's what happened the first time, as I can remember it at any rate:

I was upgrading my Ranger's cleric artifact, I can't recall specifically which slots I used, but I used 2 refinement slots, one with 8 rank 4 draconics and the other with 1 rank 4, a runestone (not sure of the type) I believe but it may have been a rank 4 enchant. The draconics slot critted displaying +4k and change, while the runestone did not crit, and the end result on the artifact was that I gained only 270 RP.

Since I have tested a few other times, and I've only seen the higher crit display amount. I have two questions though...

As I understand it crits in refinement can only be 150% or 200% (rounded down?) of the RP, is this still the case? I'm getting some odd results that look like numbers being rounded down by 1 when there was no reason for them to be rounded down, +14 on a 30 RP enchant, +44 on a 90 RP enchant, etc.

Also, are stack crits intended to give the 150% or 200% of the entire stack amount or are crits rolled for each individual item in the stack? Either way, I'm not getting the correct results for either situation. For instance, I refine a stack of 3 rank 2 enchants (90 RP) and get a +135 crit, the end result was +104 which is an additional 50% (rounded down 1 I believe) of a single rank 2 (30 RP). Another time, with the same 3 rank 2s (90 RP), I got a +180 crit, the end result was +120 which is an additional 100% of a single rank 2 (30 RP).

This makes it seem like it's rolling crits for each individual item, but I've yet to see a single multiple crit if that the case, and while I didn't do a large sample I would have thought that would have occurred at least once. I'm going to guess it's intended to crit the entire stack, which is the displayed amount, but it's only giving the crit amount for a single item.

In which case, yes, we are losing RP with crits, moreso the larger the stack used.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not just on Crititicals it displays a lost on artifact gear just by placing item in the slot see ss.

oQ0Hx7s.jpg
    edited April 2015

Please fix this ASAP, My bags are getting full from not refining. I'm sure you did not believe mod 6 was gonna be this bug ridden so...
  • badmonkeeebadmonkeee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How can you truly say the RP isn't being lost? :confused: If its showing that you've gotten X amount of RP from crits and it's not giving it in the item, that means it's lost.
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    It's not just on Crititicals it displays a lost on artifact gear just by placing item in the slot see ss.

oQ0Hx7s.jpg

I don't get your problem. You're at 27,900 rp left, you're putting in a 600 pts worth object, and the UI tells you you'll be at 27,300 after proceeding. Last time I checked, 27,900 - 600 = 27,300.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Need 27900 to next rank. Apply 600 RP. Need 27300 to next rank.
    It means it is working (in non-crit situation).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I believe that there's a long-standing timing issue with the UI: when you click "refine", for a split-second it shows the needed amount as if you refined it a second time with whatever you have in the slots. It's as if the RP value of the item being refined gets updated (and sent to the UI) before the UI gets the notification that the slots are empty. It dutifully calculates the new needed amount with whatever is in the slots before they finally get emptied.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited April 2015
    It seems to be another example of buggy keyboard-chair interface (somewhere in the interpretation processes) to me.
    edited April 2015
    I thought points added up not counted down. Oh well no foul sorry.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zoiks100 wrote: »

This makes it seem like it's rolling crits for each individual item, but I've yet to see a single multiple crit if that the case, and while I didn't do a large sample I would have thought that would have occurred at least once. I'm going to guess it's intended to crit the entire stack, which is the displayed amount, but it's only giving the crit amount for a single item.

In which case, yes, we are losing RP with crits, moreso the larger the stack used.

Why would you think it's supposed to crit the entire stack? That would be crazy OP, getting 99 crits out of 99 items.

I think you are right, though: the display is (wrongly) showing the value if the entire stack did crit, but then only (correctly) adding the extra value of the single items that crit.

So, as panderus said, it's a display bug.
    edited April 2015
    I don't really see it as being OP, so long as they made the crit chance a flat amount for the stack rather than what currently appears to be a chance per item in the stack. That would effectively be the same thing, a single 20% chance of crit on a stack of 99 that gives either +150% or +200% of the total value is the same as 99 rolls with 20% chance of crit that give +150% or +200% of the single enchant, assuming the RNG is doing a decent job of following the law of large numbers.

It does appear to be a display bug, but like I said before there are some inconsistencies like the weird "rounding" that gets even weirder when you use large stacks and get multi-crits, it always seems to only round off 1 from the total crit result for a stack rather than 1 off each crit. And I still can't understand how I got the 0 RP result the first time, at this point I'm willing to write it off as me being just plain wrong, but I'd swear I remember seeing the progress bar go BACKWARDS from the projected value, which I'd never seen before and is what caught my attention in the first place.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As for the random mini-crits, that's been happening since this system started. Try upgrading a bunch of rank 6s to rank 7: you'll frequently get these odd amounts that make the rank 7s unstackable. Grrr.