test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unified Elements?

herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know how the quests for getting a unified elements is triggered? I got one in drowned shore randomly and haven't seen one since though...
Post edited by herpnderp2 on

Comments

• scottyddscottydd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    made in alchemy
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They are random-gen rewards, but you can try to cherry pick quests that give them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They are random-gen rewards, but you can try to cherry pick quests that give them.

I have been "cherry picking" quests for a week now and found exactly zero unified elements since about 2 days after mod 6 released(when I got 5). I wonder if they stealth nerfed it... or I'm just unlucky...or once you get the 5, you get no more...I just wanna get my BI gear...
    edited April 2015
    Is there any way to get unified elements besides alchemy/ AH?
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can get them as reward from Heroic encounters in new zones. I think chance is ~ 1% - e.g 1 drop/100 HE
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been "cherry picking" quests for a week now and found exactly zero unified elements since about 2 days after mod 6 released(when I got 5). I wonder if they stealth nerfed it... or I'm just unlucky...or once you get the 5, you get no more...I just wanna get my BI gear...

So if you don't do the quest to "clear" out the reward, it stays the same until you complete it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is a quest in reclamation rock that gave UE. I got one from that quest but I don't remember what it was. I think it is a HE quest in the 3rd area. May be it was a random generated reward.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did get one for a heroic encounter yesterday, but the odds are probably low, since that is the first one I got from a HE. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have 4 alts all 60 something and they all got an element once a day after the release.. i now get nothing.. i'm pretty sure they ninja nerfed the entire thing it happens to my friends as well
  • bensonator1901bensonator1901 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have 4 alts all 60 something and they all got an element once a day after the release.. i now get nothing.. i'm pretty sure they ninja nerfed the entire thing it happens to my friends as well

Someone stated my theory earlier and I've begun testing on it... You have to finish the quest to reset the rewards and have a chance at getting a UE. When actually running the content I was seeing the reward occasionally but since then for 4 days - nothing, BUT I haven't actually done any quests.

Try completing everything in last zone and see if next round of quests has a UE.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Someone stated my theory earlier and I've begun testing on it... You have to finish the quest to reset the rewards and have a chance at getting a UE. When actually running the content I was seeing the reward occasionally but since then for 4 days - nothing, BUT I haven't actually done any quests.

Try completing everything in last zone and see if next round of quests has a UE.

This is the theory that my guild is working off of. The quest rewards don't reset until you finish the quest.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While only ever seen one Unified Element, I don't think 'clearing out the quests's makes any difference. I have not run the quests, but instead just cherry pick them day to day, and the possible rewards change. I have been cherry picking the aggregate elements.

My buddy says that he got a Unified Element from a quest as a bonus once, but it was not listed in the rewards beforehand.

Neither of us has ever seen one drop from a heroic or dungeon. He has been trying with alchemy but no success so far.

I think that right now there is no way to 'force' a drop, as they are way too rare, and it is just luck based. And my luck I mean magic number associated with account.

TLDR: doomed
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    If crafters think 100k each for unified elements is too much, give it a few weeks, they'll be 300k each before long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    You can get them as reward from Heroic encounters in new zones. I think chance is ~ 1% - e.g 1 drop/100 HE

Cool. Do they drop with all regular heroics? Or just the epic ones like Crabs?
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And do they drop from HEs in Icewind or Well of Dragons?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if they drop in 'regular' HE. For the one I got, it was shown as a reward in that particular HE quest acceptance page.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got drop from regular HE in last of new zones (1st part). I think they drop from ALL HE in new zones. No need to get any quest about specific HE. Just go in zone, look around for easy HEs, do them and switch to next instance.
    Not sure about IWD - most-likely - not.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These Unified Elements are quite elusive. I used to see them randomly as quest rewards but now I only see random aggregate and the base elements as rewards and these never change anymore. Before Thursday's patch I would take my L70s back to pit and spinward and check through the quests to see if any had those as a reward and usually at least one set offered a quest to reward one. As these things are integral to advancement and high level crafting shouldn't we have a better path to getting them? I mean you need 15 of these buggers to upgrade the BI Forge on ONE TOON. And yes I have some baking in alchemy but even with 4 purples on the case each one takes 4 days to complete.

Has anyone come up with a good method of getting these things (expecting random drops from HEs won't work for accounts like mine with the -120Luck RNG modifier)? Prices on AH have remained high and pretty static.