test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF - Mod 6 ability score distribution...?

icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Militia Barracks
Hi all icydrake here~

Mod 6 is fast approaching, just wondering whats everyone's opinion on ability score distribution? (PvP wise)

GWF class generally requires
1. STR (Damage bonus)
- STR and DEX used to be a tough choice for many, with the new mod 6, damage scale is once again different, do you think STR is now the best bang for bucks?

2. CON (Bonus HP and resist ignore)
- CON provides both Bonus HP and Resist Ignore, however with the huge HP buff from armor sets at mod 6 (40~50K!), the HP bonus from CON doesn't seem to be as nearly valuable as it is now, however combined with resist ignored, it could still be a good choice, whats your opinion on this one?

3. DEX (Cri chance)
- DEX has always been my favourite stat, because PvP for GWF is heavily about BURST damage, and higher CRI chance means I can burst more often, especially with the nerf on stat bonus at mod6, its gonna be even harder to get high crits hence I believe this will still be my favorite stat for mod 6, what about you?

For Mod 6, I rate the above 3 ability scores in the following order

DEX > CON > STR.

Which means I will likely max my DEX, get as much CON as needed and heck the STR damage bonus, your opinion...?
icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fredstackfredstack Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To me CON>STR=DEX

CON is always going to be my primary stat regardless of which path I take when playing a GWF as we are all about taking hits. It funnels directly into the core of our class which is to build determination by taking damage then boosting our DPS/Survivability. The resistance ignored is also key in the new module as the relevance of armpen has increased significantly and the incoming damage of mobs has been boosted making the increase in hp from sets also relevant imo.

With STR and DEX its really up to you. I'll take STR as I'm more interested in debuffs/debuffs that produce flat damage, if I crit or deflect a hit I'll smile about it, but its more about your build, WepEnchant and playstyle more than anything imo.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Con ?? Sriously??? Big No from me
    You can over come easier the loss from con with gear
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well for GWF is kinda good pick. Becouse of resistance ignored. I suspect it will be hard to get good amount from armor penetration. Its a pity that they destroy Con and +%hp from it for other classes (except SW). They should adjust it to be relevant with new hp sets..
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think primary stat DEX and after dex STR (why good for pve and pvp? ) cuz from str you get dmg bonus and from dmg bonus you gain more temp hp.
    Lets say you have 100k hp then each str give you 1000hp as temp hp(after presing unstoppable) so its a good choice .

6k ARP is easy to achive.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DEX> STR > CON
    Crit from DEX is % which makes it pretty OP.
    STR is great damage bonus, but its additive to "damage bonus" and not multiplicative.
    CON gives you some % RI which is nice, but stacking Armor Penetration is ridiculously easy,
    moreover the HP bonus is laughable compared to r12 Radiants in Defensive Slots or HP
    values on Gear
    Going with Lostmauth Set will probably be BiS for PvE and PvP. Unless the setbonus
    has a high internal cooldown or something like that. GWF has the highest Weapon Damage
    among all classes making him the prime user for % Weapon Damage mechanics.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree, I'm going DEX>STR>CON
    Also Lostmauth set seems very nice.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Agree, I'm going DEX>STR>CON
    Also Lostmauth set seems very nice.

This, The resist ignored is worth 100 arpen per point in con. the Crit/deflect is worth ~600 statpoints and the hp between 30 con and 20 isnt even 6k so not even a 5% actual increase on your pool at 70 with endgame gear, and the Damagebonus is worth about 400 Statpoints. So Dex>STR>CON is the most optimal path I think. Up untill 70 though I might keep my con, and Ill do a race reroll at 70 to get my allocations betters
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dont forget the aoe resistance from strength
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dex>Str>Con without a doubt even pre mod 6 having anything higher than 16 con (campfire bonus) put me waaaay over my resistance ignored cap for pre mod 6

right now I have a good 4k arpen for almost 40% RI and from what i have parsed thats about the sweet spot
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    now that I am a bit more into mod6 I agree Dex>Str>Con!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've decided for a balanced 21 STR 23 CON 23 DEX with lathander set.

CON not best stat as it was before cause crit chance now heavily depends from our feat and dex and a 30% crit chance imho is as usual the goal in PvP (more in PvE). STR damage bonus now boosts our temp HP so it is good for survivability too, plus with all the power debuffing anchants around now, you can rely less on power to boost your damage.
    CON mainly buffs HP and RI which is still good in PvP considering the huge ArP reduction from tenacity.

I think balancing all 3 is important, with focus on dex.