test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Line Breaker Assault?

overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Guard Barracks
Anyone slot this? Is it still broken? Put points in it because it sounded nifty and better than the passive it is next to on the same tier (wrathful warrior iirc). Come to see it punishing charge with a dr increase per target hit and a super long cooldown.

What is the point of this thing even if it works. It is not going to replace anvil (super high damage, and a stun in the case of tacticians), or bullrush (sweet cc, lots o damage) or lunging (high damage, interrupt in the case of tacticians, nice gap closer, and for my gf a primary means of movement that is far faster than anything else ;) ).

Even the added DR IF you hit extra targets....bullsrush and lunging already give a +50% dr....why would anyone even think of switching either of these out for lba? Granted, I think when this encounter was planned it was before the dr tweak to LS and BR. None the less it is a really high tier encounter that just seems like garbage.

We should point out more often to the devs that #1 this power is broken and is not wai (afaik) and #2 it really does not belong at the tier it is on.

We should ask for something else entirely. If they are going to put gwf encounters on our plates at that tier it should be something far better than a crappy version of punishing charge.
Post edited by overdriver13 on

Comments

• tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ramp up your damage bonuses, mark all targets then BOOM..have that massive group of enemies hit with it. It's amazing when used right. Anvil can't compare when you have 12 targets going after you.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I have tried this skill in many situations and I just hate it with passion. It's dmg is terrible, the distance should be to to your target but it goes right through them sometimes and you have to run back to them.

It should have more dmg, shorter cooldown and made to either land at your target or behined them.

I'm really dissapointed with our skills we got though :/ Line breaker assault is bad. Desperate survivals extra deflect doesn't work. It only gives the first 3% no matter if its maxed or not. Commander's strike is ok in pve i guess but bad in pvp. Shield warriors wrath is maybe the best one we got but it's only 5% more dmg than combat superiorty (if you have the feat for combat) and it requires you to block 5 attacks first.....Plus combat superiority is on perminatly with feat so I would still rather slot that....
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Line breaker assault is GWFs Punishing Charge renamed.

I tested it on preview and that time damage and AP gain were bugged.No damage no AP.But as Crixus said,in is inconvenient to use.You do not know where you will end.It does not has a target,a hit box.And in mod6 staying out of read is of mega essense.So LNBA is out of options for me.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ramp up your damage bonuses, mark all targets then BOOM..have that massive group of enemies hit with it. It's amazing when used right. Anvil can't compare when you have 12 targets going after you.

Good point. I should have mentioned I pretty much only pvp. It is useless in pvp.
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I have tried this skill in many situations and I just hate it with passion. It's dmg is terrible, the distance should be to to your target but it goes right through them sometimes and you have to run back to them.

It should have more dmg, shorter cooldown and made to either land at your target or behined them.

I'm really dissapointed with our skills we got though :/ Line breaker assault is bad. Desperate survivals extra deflect doesn't work. It only gives the first 3% no matter if its maxed or not. Commander's strike is ok in pve i guess but bad in pvp. Shield warriors wrath is maybe the best one we got but it's only 5% more dmg than combat superiorty (if you have the feat for combat) and it requires you to block 5 attacks first.....Plus combat superiority is on perminatly with feat so I would still rather slot that....

On my IV I still have simple old ferocious reaction and guarded assault slotted as passives. Sometimes that second passive goes to trample the fallen, but the little bit of reflect dps in protracted pvp battles seems to go a long way.

I saw a cw suicide its self on my gf with ice knife yesterday and I still can't figure out if it was ferocious reaction, sos, or guarded assault that got her, or maybe all of them. In any case I can't see changing out either ferocious or guarded assault for the new higher tier passives. Desperate Survival maybe if it actually worked.
    edited April 2015
    Good point. I should have mentioned I pretty much only pvp. It is useless in pvp.

I think that's the issue and I find it quite annoying. Anytime an update comes out or new gear usually the gf gets his stuff all based on defence or team buff and not based on pvp. It should be 50/50. Look at our artifact set bonuses compared to most other classes. We get defence and hp......the defence is pointless and the hp is so small now it makes no difference, when other classes get things like power, crit and armor pen.

Both our new encounters are useless in pvp in my opinion. We should have had a decent pvp encounter.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Line breaker assault is GWFs Punishing Charge renamed.

I tested it on preview and that time damage and AP gain were bugged.No damage no AP.But as Crixus said,in is inconvenient to use.You do not know where you will end.It does not has a target,a hit box.And in mod6 staying out of read is of mega essense.So LNBA is out of options for me.

Horrible they would put a bugged inferior version of a mid tier gwf encounter as a near top tier gf power. Take down might be nice though :P
    edited April 2015
    Horrible they would put a bugged inferior version of a mid tier gwf encounter as a near top tier gf power. Take down might be nice though :P

Yeah takedown would be nice :D or they could give us Unstoppable :P
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I could only come up with one hypothetical scenario that I would use Line Breaker Assault in and it was a stretch. There are just to many "but if it changes just a little than x is better" type permutations. Desperate Survival is a horrible passive because stamina isn't that big a deal for a GF, and the deflect is minor. If you are interested in stamina regen and have set up for it then you have it in abundance, and if you haven't you just don't care. That said our offhand can have a heal over time when Desperate Survival is slotted. In my opinion it should be the other way around: Desperate Survival should always give a heal over time, and the bonus stamina should come from the offhand perk. Anyway, next respec I will probably buy it to see what that Heal over time amounts too. Anyone got it and can check?

On the good side: commander's strike can make top 3 encounters against PvE bosses that are trivial to survive, have high HP, and don't require mobility, which is basically dragons. This is the one I have used the most.

I generally prefer combat superiority to shield warriors wrath, but in my opinion shield warrior wrath is still an admissible skill because it can be combod with combat superiority for soloing. It only makes sense when you use both. Use one? Probably want Combat Superiority.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I put the points into LBA... wasn't impressed with it. Commander's Strike is better in my opinion than LBA; it may not have a great deal of damage, but I found that it at least can force the Blue dragon guys to drop the lightning shield.