test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 6 is not for solo players

louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Since module 6, if you have a character that is level 60 or above, no matter how powerful your character was and what top gears they used, the game will no longer give solo players a choice, you have to join a group or party, working together, or you die again and again alone. The mobs that you once can wiped out in minutes can now kick your butt in seconds. You are still able to grind your character to level 70 alone with ease but after that, there is not much you can achieved without helps from other players. I don't know if this is a good thing or not since organize a good party is difficult and not everybody have the time to do it. Forget about pressing K to join a party because that usually didn't end too well and the time is waste. I hope they will make some change to mod. 6 so that solo player like me who had spent tons of real money on this game can still find the game enjoyable.
Post edited by louchristan on

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we finally got what we were asking since like mod2 or 3 - challenging content, and ofc a bunch of lazy ppl want to ruin everything

on my pally i have done iwd quests, have done WoD prison solo dungeon, thats about all hardest parts of solo content, ok ppl who dont have gear might need to duo, but that is why u want to ruin game for everybody else ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Theres nothing difficult about hard hitting mobs.
    23uvq8m.png
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What u consider ruin it maybe it means playable for some other people, just consider that there are more people that play this game for different reason than you. If u check on the new mod feedback thread u will notice that the poll is giving up to now an 82% (with near 400 votes and more than 20 pages discussion) of the players that didnt like the changes.

As I said, dont say just ruin it as the owner of truth because not everyone think that making game to be solo friendly again can be considered ruining the game.
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have done all the quests and more and many times. Have you try them solo lately ? Calling other players lazy this way just showing what kind of person you are.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    What u consider ruin it maybe it means playable for some other people, just consider that there are more people that play this game for different reason than you. If u check on the new mod feedback thread u will notice that the poll is giving up to now an 82% (with near 400 votes and more than 20 pages discussion) of the players that didnt like the changes.

As I said, dont say just ruin it as the owner of truth because not everyone think that making game to be solo friendly again can be considered ruining the game.

ppl cry about all changes ever, new program version sucks, because UI is a bit different, new cars are complicated and suck, because u cant fix them in a barn with a hammer... if ppl would listen to that army of crying morons wed still be living in a caves and hunting with rocks, cause house isnt as durable as a cave, and you can cut yourself with a knife, that is if wed climb down the tree, because sitting in a branch is nice and safe
    I have done all the quests and more and many times. Have you try them solo lately ? Calling other players lazy this way just showing what kind of person you are.

yes, i just started grinding quests on my pally, did them 2day
    Paladin Master Race
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is not bad for solo merchant. It helps me to convert my spare gold to AD by way of healing potions and injury kits... and that's about the only way to make any decent AD now. If you fight mobs, they drop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

If you want to solo, die and get no loot, you are welcome!!! :p
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    we finally got what we were asking since like mod2 or 3 - challenging content

Challenging content always existed, it just required that you chose to challenge yourself by gearing your characters appropriately. The fact that you didn't as evidenced by this sentence shows that you CHOSE to be OP. Why choose to be OP if you don't enjoy being OP? MMORPGs are supposed to be inclusive so that the player base is as broad as possible, mod6 seems to have been designed to exclude a large number of player types in order to cater to a small bunch of players too lazy to swap out gear to tailor their game play to be 'challenging' (which just goes to show what a crock that argument is). The reality is that players who were OP previously CHOSE to be OP, they could have chosen otherwise but didn't (so they really weren't interested in being challenged at all).
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgP6NAewaSQ

This proves that it's for solo players once geared
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...not only is it not for solo players (certain classes exempt from this...), but also the newer players simply got royally shafted.

With my main (DC, IL >2k, PuTerr) all is fine in solo - apart from the occasional OSK from trash 3 levels higher if and when I'm dumb enough to go where those stalk. CW, TR, I can see already will have easy enough going, too. But for my HR and SW? I don't yet see this. BTW I also barely see SW or HR on the EE maps...

...and those are all chars which have at least R7 in every slot, R8 in most, Greater or Perfect WeapEnchantments, and the companion zoo including that Angel...

So, for newer players who just come to this game? Party up or give up, huh? Not what the game tells you early on...

Can the game live without that constant influx of new players? IDK...
    edited April 2015
    Other class can "solo" the same HE (that used to be pretty easy for any class in Mod 5) too. They can kill a mob or 2, die, come back, kill one or 2 more, die and rinse and repeat.

Everything is "soloable" by other class, even the ones with no heals or crowd control. You just have to get used to dying a lot more often and spend a lot more time to get some nerfed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we finally got what we were asking since like mod2 or 3 - challenging content, and ofc a bunch of lazy ppl want to ruin everything

on my pally i have done iwd quests, have done WoD prison solo dungeon, thats about all hardest parts of solo content, ok ppl who dont have gear might need to duo, but that is why u want to ruin game for everybody else ?

I would argue it the other way around. Tailoring it to the uber-geared power-gamers has ruined the game for everyone else -- upwards of 80%, if the poll is accurate.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wolfekampwolfekamp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sorry to say but mod 6 is not for solo players that is ok for some not so for ohters they mist the boot to do things good the first time. the new field drowndshore please delete it, the next to are sososo but overall a change to get a top class mod 6 nah i dont think so to many grind and to much lagg, i will see how long i am doing this but not to long the game was for the few with orange gear and now even more.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgP6NAewaSQ

This proves that it's for solo players once geared

How is it people like you always seem to miss the point.

The vast complaints about solo difficulty usually come from CASUAL players.

Now that's out of the way, let's look at your gear.

- T1 Set.
    - Level 5 black Ice profession
    - Artifacts that are not easy to acquire (Lockbox, Dragonborn legend) along with one that requires 2 level 60s.
    - Weapon and Armour enchantment

Not only has your pally already completed IWD to even get the black ice rank 5 profession, but you're using a class that is easy to solo with and on top of all that, using gear that requires beating T1s, which last time I checked isn't solo content.

The complaint people have when talking about soloing content, which is why a lot of people I know have left, is because there is nothing for them to do at their skill level at all.

Hell this is just mod 5 again already, people with top/good gear sets telling everyone else that it's all "A-ok".

Furthermore, you're level 70. You're ignoring the entire other complaint about people trying to enter these zones when they're told to/where able to before, both being level 60.

Actually do me a favor. Tell me how many casual players you know with that amount of gear, how long they played, and how fun it was for them.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's a **** shame they went the Star Trek Online route of giving older NPC, mega hps and one shot instant kills and calling it a revamp. They shoud have created a new area for lvl 70 instead of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over players who had just gotten into areas like sharnedor.
    edited April 2015
    slintash wrote: »
    How is it people like you always seem to miss the point.

The vast complaints about solo difficulty usually come from CASUAL players.

Now that's out of the way, let's look at your gear.

- T1 Set.
    - Level 5 black Ice profession
    - Artifacts that are not easy to acquire (Lockbox, Dragonborn legend) along with one that requires 2 level 60s.
    - Weapon and Armour enchantment

Not only has your pally already completed IWD to even get the black ice rank 5 profession, but you're using a class that is easy to solo with and on top of all that, using gear that requires beating T1s, which last time I checked isn't solo content.

The complaint people have when talking about soloing content, which is why a lot of people I know have left, is because there is nothing for them to do at their skill level at all.

Hell this is just mod 5 again already, people with top/good gear sets telling everyone else that it's all "A-ok".

Furthermore, you're level 70. You're ignoring the entire other complaint about people trying to enter these zones when they're told to/where able to before, both being level 60.

Actually do me a favor. Tell me how many casual players you know with that amount of gear, how long they played, and how fun it was for them.

HOW can my Paladin completed Black Ice 5 when i havent done IWD campaign yet ? lol your logic is false and these are from T2 dungeons which took me 3-5 days to get
    edited April 2015
    HOW can my Paladin completed Black Ice 5 when i havent done IWD campaign yet ? lol your logic is false and these are from T2 dungeons which took me 3-5 days to get

You can buy caches for one....

Next issue, you didn't answer me. Try again.

How many casual players can beat T2s, well that's going to be even rarer, how long they play, etc etc.

Most casuals have issues with T1s, nevermind bloody T2s.

Go.
  • twizaatwizaa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think the people who say it's fine don't consider what its like for a new player that didn't have the opportunity to get T1/T2 gear from dungeons in mod 5, to have to solo grind 60-70 in weak greens. probably the worst leveling grind i've ever experience in an mmo when you're character can't even stand up to the weakest mobs even after shuffling around defensive stats trying to make something work.
    edited April 2015
    Actually players were supposed to be able to get epic level 70 pvp gear but somehow a "bug" keeps them from getting the seals of triumph that's required to buy the gear. If this "bug" is ever fixed like it should be, they don't need to rely on the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blues from T2 dungeons which they are going to have problem even getting accepted into a decent party to start with.

A couple of level 70 pvp gear is something good to start with even for pve.
    edited April 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Actually players were supposed to be able to get epic level 70 pvp gear but somehow a "bug" keeps them from getting the seals of triumph that's required to buy the gear. If this "bug" is ever fixed like it should be, they don't need to rely on the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blues from T2 dungeons which they are going to have problem even getting accepted into a decent party to start with.

Well...that's fine and dandy for PvP players, but it doesn't help those of us who have no interest in PvP, which I strongly suspect are most of the playerbase. It's sad, really. This mod really wasn't thought-out at all, and the Law of Unintended Consequences rules the day by default.

1. Take away existing gear (or its usefulness)
    2. Take away survivability
    3. Amp up enemy damage everywhere
    4. Gate new gear behind currency that you need said gear to acquire

There was no way this wouldn't be disastrous. The sad part is, a total redesign of the game wasn't at all necessary: there's a reason why exterminators use chemicals, sprayed in a very precise fashion, to kill pests and not thermonuclear weapons. Both will do the job, but the latter has all kinds of nasty side-effects.

There are two constants to the universe: the Law of Unintended Consequences and Murphy's Law. It is always unwise to ignore them.
  • nielsgoriginalnielsgoriginal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    It's a **** shame they went the Star Trek Online route of giving older NPC, mega hps and one shot instant kills and calling it a revamp. They shoud have created a new area for lvl 70 instead of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over players who had just gotten into areas like sharnedor.

Totally agree. I have like 8 level 60 chars, I play solo, I loved it, now I hate it. They screwed us over big. I cannot even go back to zones where I used to have fun grinding thins out, because more then 4 mobs, = insta death over and over... UNDO THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    :cool:

I've been playing MMOs since the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL in 1991 and from there to Everquest Beta in Feb 1999/March 1999 release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwi...s_%28MMORPG%29 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) and Everquest 2, WOW, etc...

edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Well...that's fine and dandy for PvP players, but it doesn't help those of us who have no interest in PvP, which I strongly suspect are most of the playerbase. It's sad, really. This mod really wasn't thought-out at all, and the Law of Unintended Consequences rules the day by default.

1. Take away existing gear (or its usefulness)
    2. Take away survivability
    3. Amp up enemy damage everywhere
    4. Gate new gear behind currency that you need said gear to acquire

There was no way this wouldn't be disastrous. The sad part is, a total redesign of the game wasn't at all necessary: there's a reason why exterminators use chemicals, sprayed in a very precise fashion, to kill pests and not thermonuclear weapons. Both will do the job, but the latter has all kinds of nasty side-effects.

There are two constants to the universe: the Law of Unintended Consequences and Murphy's Law. It is always unwise to ignore them.

You are wrong! Even for pve players who don't win a single match in pvp can get 80k glory and (supposedly once when it is "fixed") 27 seals of triumph and get a full level 70 epic stat that can give your character 100k hp, enough to survive many things to get your desired pve gear. Even the Grimm set is pretty decent and they can be have for a reasonable amount of gg pvp efforts.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    healary wrote: »

A couple of level 70 pvp gear is something good to start with even for pve.

Great. What about people who hate PvP, would rather bathe in sulphuric acid than do PvP? They're supposed to either do what they hate to do or be stuck with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear?
    edited April 2015
    slintash wrote: »
    You can buy caches for one....

Next issue, you didn't answer me. Try again.

How many casual players can beat T2s, well that's going to be even rarer, how long they play, etc etc.

Most casuals have issues with T1s, nevermind bloody T2s.

Go.

T2 is easy atm when geared into T1 with right gear (tanking)
    edited April 2015
    juleadream wrote: »
    Great. What about people who hate PvP, would rather bathe in sulphuric acid than do PvP? They're supposed to either do what they hate to do or be stuck with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear?

Exactly. Count me in as one who would rather have my hair set on fire and have it put out with a sledgehammer than engage in PvP.
    edited April 2015
    juleadream wrote: »

It is an option for them. They don't need to pvp if they don't want to. Your argument is just like what about those who don't want to die and pve but want pve gear. I hate to die so I don't do it, and rather, I make my AD trading my stuff instead of dying in dungeons repeatedly for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear.
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ppl cry about all changes ever, new program version sucks, because UI is a bit different, new cars are complicated and suck, because u cant fix them in a barn with a hammer... if ppl would listen to that army of crying morons wed still be living in a caves and hunting with rocks, cause house isnt as durable as a cave, and you can cut yourself with a knife, that is if wed climb down the tree, because sitting in a branch is nice and safe

yes, i just started grinding quests on my pally, did them 2day

Just to let you know that I reach level 70 in less than 2 days, character item level score is around 2890, all enchantments were level 9 or 10s and I got the Transcendent Plague Fire enchantment on my Golden Dragon Weapon. Yet I had a hard time finish the dungeon quests solo in The Well of The Dragon. I also have one 60 level character in each class and their item scores all above 2000 and I am grinding them to the 70. Now they no longer can do the dungeon quests in the well of the dragon after mod.6 . Just think about other solo players that do not have the means or AD to get those top gears.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same with me for PVP. And the problem is most casual players, those that maybe have 10 hours a week to play, are lucky to have higher than level 5-6 enchants and wards, lesser armor/weapon enchants and maybe one purple artifact, and basically free companions only. Even with the reward armors from the new zone quests these people would have difficulties even trying to do T1s, let alone thinking about T2s. There is where there needs to be some balance in the game. Or those people will continue to be farther left behind, and eventually quit.

The best solution to this to me would make the drops that are dropped in T1 and T2 dungeons be BOE and only those from the chests be BOP. This way at least the AH is another option to get better gear.
  • nielsgoriginalnielsgoriginal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game is going to die, faster and sooner than intended, because old guard beta solo players like me, no longer find it fun, its frustrating, annoying to insta-die to things we used to solo. I was getting into all the zones, now I cannot go without a group. And don't give me that BS that MMOs are supposed to be grouping games, that's a matter of opinion. What is not opinion is, radical changes that push a large part of the population away = game death. So if you used to love NW, and now hate the death grind, speak up, or expect it to die.

I've been playing MMOs since the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL in 1991 and from there to Everquest Beta in Feb 1999/March 1999 release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwi...s_%28MMORPG%29 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) and Everquest 2, WOW, etc...

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of you don't seem to understand that non tank classes are having a ridiculously difficult time trying to play IWD, let alone farm massive amounts of black ice to get the game somewhere back to playable for solo players. Saying we're lazy because we don't like getting murdered every time we walk into a tier 2 enemy is like slashing someone's tires before a drag race and saying they should've put in more effort to beat you tires or no.e

They could solve this by making elemental black ice gear a cheap or free upgrade for those that earned the original gear, since it's now useless for lvl 68-70 content, or make the draconic templar, and corrupted or purified black ice armor SCALE TO PLAYER LEVEL, while keeping the elven or alliance gear a long term goal. Or they could just make IWD's mobs lvl 70, so those areas are at least kind of playable.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited April 2015
    T2 is easy atm when geared into T1 with right gear (tanking)

And you will now be ignored since you seem to be unable to answer a basic question.

Funny how many people like to deflect instead of actually debating. Sad.