test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

Comments

• generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not that I particularly didn't like the content or class balancing (ground it out from 60-70 and was entertained) ... but combined with the layoffs, lack of communication, bugs, half-finished attempts and lag, I'd say it just reflects badly on the company. It just so happened to coincide with Mod 6. So, I'd say this is a low point in Neverwinter's history and I don't like what's going on now, period.
  • boardnut696boardnut696 Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2015
    laiuss wrote: »
    Voted: I can't stand it.

All we got are old maps, without any storyline quests (no storyline in D&D game? ....), with stronger mobs to prevent players from leveling too fast and to make people weaker in comparison to environment. Also we didn't get ANY new dungeons, again only few old ones with stronger mobs. This whole mod seems to be done with ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

Also, my personal favourite: in order to farm half a million black ice for 70 lvl gear in Ice Wind Dale, a lvl 73 area, you have to already wear a lvl 70 gear to survive there.

Sorry, mod6 is a disaster.

While I think its too early to vote yet, my opinion is the same as this(well said laiuss)
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Going by the results of this Poll, I think the playerbase both the money-spending people and the more casual people, would of been happy to wait a bit longer if it Meant they'd have less Bugs / Exploits / Broken mechanics and more of their feedback taken into consideration.

There are bugs in the current module that were around since they first started testing it and there was so much feedback regarding balance / bugs / potential issues that seems to have just been forgotten.

From a Programming point of view, sure, you need to test different things and revise until you have the end product. but Game-breaking mechanics and bugs should be fixed in this stage before release, at least the ones that were discovered, It's fine if you dont catch every bug. but all the large things that are caught by the testers should be addressed. It'd be nice too see a "dev log" also where maybe once a month / 2 months. A list of the issues that have been brought up is made, and we are told if they are bugs, or are intended, and if bugs, are told roughly when to expect a fix (even if they say, 4-5 patches, or "next module".

If you went to the shop and bought a gaming console. But 25% of the games you tried to play on it didnt work at all due to some underlying bugs, you'd be pretty grumpy. Neverwinter is a Free 2 play game, so sure, you potentially haven't spent any money on it, But out of the games I've played in the last 3-4 years I don't think any of them have had ongoing bugs as long as this one, (there were some really Huge Dota 2 and HoN ones, but they were fixed within a Week, some of them within a few hours)

I love this game, And I really dont want too see it meets its demise due to untested or broken mechanics, upset players, or a passive "Pay"-wall of extremely long farm times or unpleasant questing/combat (think of a new player, who hasn't spent any money, trying to get his PVP/end game stuff and do his campaigns with no source of AD other than dailies and his 1-2 characters leadership, if he even has leadership as there isnt much in the tutorial of professions explaining how critical it is, you can only be oneshotted and trolled so many times before its not fun anymore) scaring away new players

Yes, I definitely agree that major bugs or exploits that break the program should have been identified in the alpha testing stage or even in the design and implementation stages (or at least that what I do, and some major bugs can be avoided through good analysis before you even begin design). However, I was talking about the other complaints, as to they are all about gameplay, etc. which can vary from player to player. Therefore why don't the developers create a sub-forum for each module to come, and then the players can give their input on what it is precisely that bugs them so much?

We cannot expect the developers to be mind-readers either, and once they release the module, it's too late since they'll get flamed in no time forcing them to fix all kinds of minor issues without any clear idea as to what the player base wants precisely. I may or may not be the best, buit I'm a decent analyst and designer, and I used to help out with the development of a particular MMORPG (I really didn't care which though, since I'll usually do anything non-harmful for experience) voluntarily for the sake of gaining experience during my college days, so game development is something I can guarantee you to be very expensive in many ways and requires many resources.

Therefore, why not give the developers some direction from the player-base's perspective by making formal and proper suggestions? It will of course be up to the developers to provide a means for such feedback, so why no PM them or something. Constructive criticism is always better than negative criticism with no advice, since such negative criticism does nothing by complaint but gives the criticized no real idea what it is precisely the complainant wants. It's kind of like being told, "I want a fun game!" but you have no idea what the end-user means by "fun". Plus doing a thankless job pretty much lowers morale by quite a bit. Also, they need approval from Wizards of the Coast.

Finally, it will still be a payers tend to get a major advantage, since the company needs to make money to pay developers among many other staff. What they can do however is to give some free gifts of sufficient worth every now and then for free to everybody. This will help those who don't have as much money to spend to remain interested. Or, they could give "Promotional Zen" to everybody for doing certain things and then make it possible to buy certain items using promotional zen. That will help as well, while giving the payers what they paid for. Or it could be a combination of both, and more ways if the player base would help suggest some ideas formally and logically in a point-based format that won't waste the developer's time.

P.S. Seriously, I've seen worse, and by the way, in my opinion, the 4e pales in comparison with the 3.5e. It's just too rigid. More content yes, but the mistake was to make it too rigid.
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    seanna2000 wrote: »
    We cannot expect the developers to be mind-readers either, and once they release the module, it's too late since they'll get flamed in no time forcing them to fix all kinds of minor issues without any clear idea as to what the player base wants precisely.

This seems to be the core of your argument- and now, stop. Go read the preview section- especially the Scourge Warlock official feedback post and assorted smaller posts on the class. The small contingent of devoted SW players TRIED to tell the devs what our class needed, and just how bad the applied nerfs are, especially with the loss of the set bonus most SW players depended on. TT and the loss of a flat 75K damage on Dreadtheft for free were both massive nerfs, and when they kept going, players- shoutout to Denvald especially- put up numbers for post-nerf Warlocks. Disgusting numbers. Sad numbers. They pointed out bugs in the only viable remaining spec- damnation. The soul puppet does more damage now- a lot more- and the Damnation spec by extension is ungodly compared to the others, if the dumb thing would stay alive. However, basically anything can kill your puppet, it draws aggro randomly, gets stuck on walls, some of the feats don't even WORK, and it's just generally buggy. Plus, SW players STILL don't get anywhere close to the power they had before.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2015
    I both like and hate it...

To a certain extent, I like the 16 quests. I think it's cool that they change every hour so it gives you something new and different in each little area.

I don't like that I can only get 4 quests at a time. Quests in these areas are often synergistic - that is, to get X of this item, I'm going to be killing Y of this creature, and I need to kill Y of this creature for this other quest, etc. It's hard to find those synergies when you miss out on 2/3rds of the quests in a given area.

I like the difficulty. I like that it challenges me to think about how I play my character and makes me better at it.

I hate the difficulty. It costs too much in gold to pay for all the health potions and injury kits I use, and it makes me run back and forth across certain maps too many times (like the first dungeon in Fiery Pits, where I kept dying in the end room and had to run all the way back through it).

I have yet to hit 70, but some of the changes I hear people talking about *sound* promising. we'll see.

More than anything, though, I hate the lag - or framerate, or whatever it is. That *has* to get fixed.

/won't be leveling a 2nd character through this until something changes with the quests.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eco66 wrote: »
    Hated it..

In fact, I hated it so much I stopped playing a week ago. I only came here to the forums because I accidentally got up an hour early so had some time to surf the net before leaving for work. Might as well add my experience to the thread, I guess.

Been playing seriously for a couple of months, got a HR to lvl 60 a little before Mod6 hit.

I was eager to see the new content, as I'd been doing DR and Shar and a few WoD repeatables for a while.

Those vigilance quests are absolutely awful. It was actually unpleasantly difficult for me. I was mainly reduced to following other players around tagging enemies and leeching progress off them. Then I got to 16 and discovered that I\d jhave to do another 16 in an even worse area.

Going back to DR and Shar to get away from the terrible experience of the Drowned Shore revealed the true horror that basically, even though by now I was lvl 63, I was patently WORSE at fighting etc than I had been before Mod6.

I struggled on for a bit longer in the Drowned Shore, and then one morning I sat back and realised that I'd been playing a video game for 2 hours and actively disliking it the entire time. I mean not just having a meh sort of time, I was actually resenting having to play it. 'What the hell am I doing?', I thought, 'This is really tiring and unpleasant'.

So I told my guild I was quitting, thanked them for the advice etc in the short weeks I'd been with them, and logged out. Haven't been in since, and believe me, it's such a huge relief to not have to slog around that horrible zone anymore.

Eco

I felt this way when DR and Shar came out and it was like, "omg I have to do all this garbage just to get to the content I enjoy (dungeons)?". PvP however is still a blast and grinding pve content while waiting for the que to pop isn't too bad,
  • doit5doit5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    BEFORE YOU READ THIS, just remember I think you guys are WONDERFUL and I appreciate all your hard work.. BUT...

You don't take things away from a game. And if you do, you do it very slowly where maybe it is not so noticed.

I understand why things are so boring, given the time frame that you had to do it. But really? You made the 60 level zones 70.. So I can't go there to breakup the monotony of how boring it is.

The feeling I got when I realized I am going to be forced to do this over and over. Not with just one char, but with 4. Lord...

When I first realized how boing and repetitive it was. I thought, well that's okay, I will be in no hurry to get to 70 and just work on finishing my champaigns. Then I went to IWD and realized I can't until I get to 70. HUGE disapointment. I don't care what good reasoning you had for doing that, it was wrong. Big mistake on your end.

You should of just added the same Elemental areas to IWD, Sharandar, etc. And then added task/rewards to each champaign. Less work for you and more fun for us.

And as far as the dungeons go, you should of left the que the same and added the ones you did. You could of just added another chest or reward for doing the old ones to make them worth the time. Some of us enjoyed them ever once in a blue moon. Again less work for you and more fun for us.

I had a company with 25 employees. I know that is small compared to yours. But if I were to guess, the Leader of the pack has no idea of what the programmers are saying. And the programmers are beng pushed just to make it work. My employees performed miracles for me too, but I guess the difference was that I understood their job. So we made miracles happen without failure or complaints.

I have 3 degrees (2yr MIS), so I understand the programming behind this. My company was a decorating business. So I am also highly creative. So I understand the creative aspect. Your programmers are obviously very talented. But you need more creativety in design, graphics and story line. It kinda reminds me of when a guy would try to decorate thier own convenient store. I would have to physically take them to another convenient store and show them how much better it could be, to get them to change their design ideas.

You need someone that can give you more creativity, with the understanding of the programming behind it. I hope this helps.

Note: everyone thinks they have great design ideas... But the truth is, most do not. And it is very hard for creative people to get thier point across to these people. Programmers generally cannot think outside of the box. But that makes them good at programming, because programming has to be exactly correct to get it to work. My point is, you are relying on the programmers too much for creative idea. Boring!
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just *love* how every poll is just black and white.
    I choose I love it simply because I don't deserve a negative feedback. it have bad side like the horrible lag (for French player like I am) and some other things.
    But It's a great job for me.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like many, I find some fun things, some "meh" things and things that are feel are directly negative to the playerbase and needs addressment.

Fun:

The story line with minsc and boo, it was actually fun to see one, we didnt have many cut scences for awhile with actual story line, so at the start, it was good, it fell off after that though. It shouldve been carried through more.

Spinward, best new zone look in the game, its a litte laggy at times, but good job.

Increased difficulty, its actually sorta fun, however rewards are not worth the time in most of them, increase rewards.

Whats a little meh:

The quest hubs, LET us pick all of them at once, if there are 8 up, let us get them, please, it would make for so much more smooth leveling, gating to 4, not fun, MAKING the quests lines also lock out the next zone, if you are still holding one in your journal.. blah.

rewards, they are still a little underwhelming, barely anyone runs HE in the new zones, becuase.. why bother. Chance of purple RP reward on any epic major would be a plus.

Whats really bad still..

Refenement, too gated, too much, come on guys, loosen this up a little, feedback was already given on this over and over, you didnt make any friends on this, you gave us some more unbound, but its not enough. Its too much in this game.

T1/T2 rewards seem lacking at times, too much gating on the seals, booooring guys. Come on.

Some of the damage seems a little over the top at times, scale back a little, it doesnt need to be a wholesale change, but nothing in the game should insta kill a GF, with DC full mitigation, heals on top, at least allow for a comeback a little. Maybe a slight adjustment.

Many bugs and confusion exist still, as to what actually is a bug, what isnt, what we can rely on and what we cant.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Direct feedback on the poll..

Its hate/it love/it dont care.

There should be a scaling level 1-10 or something, its not a great mod per se, It clearly was a first step process.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Major things that needs to be fixed

- Dungeons are extremely hard even for the most experienced players out there.
    - The enemies are extremely CC resistant to the point of avoiding almost 90% of CC time-in-effect and these are the lowest rank enemies above level 70.
    - Most of the RANK IV spells are completely broken and will do around 5-6k Damage occasionally without an evident reason.
    - The HP pool increase for all classes with the new gear is not effective. Chasing after new gear is simply not effective.
    - The enemies move faster than you can dodge their attacks.
    - The Soulforged animation for standing up is giving the enemies enough time to kill a character again, making the Soulforged enchantment almost useless if surrounded by one and completely useless if surrounded by more than one enemy.
    - New gear doesn't provide any 4/4 set bonuses.
    - 1600 Dungeons are beatable by experienced players, but still need a DC as a mandatory class for healing.
    - Everywhere you go, you need a Devoted Cleric with you which seriously decreases the fun and makes it an obligation more than an option.
    - Broken Temptation Warlocks due to life-steal changes.
    - Broken new feats which need a lot of fixing for each and every class.
    - Broken Lostmauth set which makes the DPS-hungry be even more DPS-hungry.
    - Broken CC for Wizards due to the Module 3 nerf where Arcane Singularity lost 90% of its usefulness.
    - Broken Enemies that will occasionally ignore the damage done to them.

I can go on and on but you get the picture, people are NOT enjoying this module and many left and many will leave due to implausible and overly extreme way of changing the game mechanics and a forced rework of everything without giving people the chance to actually do something with their already situated and chosen build.

Most of the builds became non-effective and most of the skills became non-useful.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Major things that needs to be fixed

- Dungeons are extremely hard even for the most experienced players out there.
    - The enemies are extremely CC resistant to the point of avoiding almost 90% of CC time-in-effect and these are the lowest rank enemies above level 70.
    - Most of the RANK IV spells are completely broken and will do around 5-6k Damage occasionally without an evident reason.
    - The HP pool increase for all classes with the new gear is not effective. Chasing after new gear is simply not effective.
    - The enemies move faster than you can dodge their attacks.
    - The Soulforged animation for standing up is giving the enemies enough time to kill a character again, making the Soulforged enchantment almost useless if surrounded by one and completely useless if surrounded by more than one enemy.
    - New gear doesn't provide any 4/4 set bonuses.
    - 1600 Dungeons are beatable by experienced players, but still need a DC as a mandatory class for healing.
    - Everywhere you go, you need a Devoted Cleric with you which seriously decreases the fun and makes it an obligation more than an option.
    - Broken Temptation Warlocks due to life-steal changes.
    - Broken new feats which need a lot of fixing for each and every class.
    - Broken Lostmauth set which makes the DPS-hungry be even more DPS-hungry.
    - Broken CC for Wizards due to the Module 3 nerf where Arcane Singularity lost 90% of its usefulness.
    - Broken Enemies that will occasionally ignore the damage done to them.

I can go on and on but you get the picture, people are NOT enjoying this module and many left and many will leave due to implausible and overly extreme way of changing the game mechanics and a forced rework of everything without giving people the chance to actually do something with their already situated and chosen build.

Most of the builds became non-effective and most of the skills became non-useful.

I second this. I know things like Smoke Bomb are pretty broken though.

Im honestly not sure the solution I would almost like to see PVE mob HP increase in value (have more HP) but their damage be decreased in value.

Many of the mobs are pretty easy to blow up which ends up making DPS classes more favorable. If you increased the mobs HP pools a little and lowered their damage to REASONABLE LEVELS, then it would seem it would require more a tank roll and possibly require more skill in the dungeons.

The "Difficulty" is NOT because its hard-good but hard-bad. Meaning it doesnt take SKILL to not get 1 shot, it just takes luck to not get 1 shot.

T1 Mob Damage should hit for about (Gross Numbers BTW): 40-50k WHITE damage and 100k-120k RED damage. This would NET most people down to the 15-25k range post DR and the 50-60k Range Post DR. Now isnt this for players with 1600 item level? So this seems DOABLE.

T2 Mob Damage should be (Gross) harder: 50-60k WHITE damage and 150k+ RED damage. This again would be NET ~20-30k White hits and 75k+ RED hits. So basically you have to have ATLEAST full T1 gear for you to have enough HP to not get 1 shot by Red.

These values would atleast make the melee/tank classes more for feasible. They would be hit for about 1/4-1/5 of their HP each WHITE hit, which allows for heals, lifesteal etc to get back up. A red hit should or should NEARLY 1 shot you. You can avoid them...

But as people have said JUST reducing damage is lame so I think an increase in Monster HP (including the boss) would be appropriate if the damage was scaled. Something LIKE a 25%-35% increase in all PVE HP. (NOT the Well of Dragons as those Dragons have a STUPID amount of HP)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd really love to see an official response to some simple questions:

1. Have you looked at the various forum threads (there are at least half a dozen here and there) outlining the serious issues that many players have with the survivability changes?

2. Are you taking any of that feedback into consideration?

3. Are you considering any survivability changes as a response to this feedback in the near term?

It's not bashing, I really want to see answers to legitimate questions. For me the 23'rd is very much a make-or-break day but at the same time I'm not all that interested in holding my breath for another week in some vain hope of relief when there has yet to be any official indication that any might ever come. From my standpoint, it's been 100% radio silence coming from Cryptic and that is really distressing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • nvrwinter1nvrwinter1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been enjoying my paladin so far but there is lack of higher level armor and I can't purchase most of the pvp armor because seals of triumph have been taken out of the game.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted can't stand it. And after having played the preview I expected it to be bad but this is past bad into outright lazy. One actually new map, no new dungeons, a reduced roster of dungeons, the mess made of the foundry and balance. I do not even want to start on the classes and stats. Up through mod 5 I was happy to recommend this game to friends; I wish I could still say that.
  • goldseergoldseer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Leveling feels so much more difficult and is not fun. I'm rather new to the game in general, and I gotta say, this module really killed the enjoyment I was getting out of it.
  • darkdruid8darkdruid8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Neverwinter was a fantastic game and frankly the previous module was actually balanced to a certain extent. The game was also actually possible to play in a reasonable time with out spending vast sums of money. Frankly after this latest module the game is broken. Class mechanics have been thrown out the window only the paladin is even relevant any more. Everyone else is just for decoration. I have multiple characters and their builds are utterly broken at this point. I have played in all the new areas and I am very disappointed next to nothing new or interesting was added. At this point I would prefer a complete reversal of the module. The level seventy abilities are useless, the rewards are useless, nothing new was added and we never needed a paladin to begin with it is just a cleric in a tin suit with far too much power. Please just scrap it. The invoke system is broken I have stopped invoking all together. Dailies can not be completed in a reasonable time any longer.
    I know this module was aimed at promoting greater team work with classes and forcing people to join parties and work together. That was a nice attempt but the only party structure that works now is one with mostly paladins or great weapon fighters. Please just reverse the changes the game worked smoothly with enough challenge before the module. I know it will be hard to go back to the drawing board but next to nothing in Elemental Evil was worth adding in my opinion. I am sure you can develop new ideas that can interest everyone. Minsc and Boo was a nice addition and did make this game feel more like a Dungeons and Dragons game. Please add more things like that or add more lore specific areas from other Dungeons and Dragons books or games. Also in my opinion a druid might have made more sense than a paladin if we really needed a new class. I do not think we need another class but if we must have one try the druid it would certainly be more fun to play than a paladin.
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    doit5 wrote: »
    BEFORE YOU READ THIS, just remember I think you guys are WONDERFUL and I appreciate all your hard work.. BUT...

You don't take things away from a game. And if you do, you do it very slowly where maybe it is not so noticed.

I understand why things are so boring, given the time frame that you had to do it. But really? You made the 60 level zones 70.. So I can't go there to breakup the monotony of how boring it is.

The feeling I got when I realized I am going to be forced to do this over and over. Not with just one char, but with 4. Lord...

When I first realized how boing and repetitive it was. I thought, well that's okay, I will be in no hurry to get to 70 and just work on finishing my champaigns. Then I went to IWD and realized I can't until I get to 70. HUGE disapointed. I don't care what good reasoning you had for doing that, it was wrong. Big mistake on your end.

You should of just added the same Elemental areas to IWD, Sharandar, etc. And then added task/rewards to each champaign. Less work for you and more fun for us.

And as far as the dungeons go, you should of left the que the same and added the ones you did. You could of just added another chest or reward for doing the old ones to make them worth the time. Some of us enjoyed them ever once in a blue moon. Again less work for you and more fun for us.

I had a company with 25 employees. I know that is small compared to yours. But if I were to guess, the Leader of the pack has no idea of what the programmers are saying. And the programmers are beng pushed just to make it work. My employees performed miracles for me too, but I guess the difference was that I understood their job. So we made miracles happen without failure or complaints.

I have 3 degrees (2yr MIS), so I understand the programming behind this. My company was a decorating business. So I am also highly creative. So I understand the creative aspect. Your programmers are obviously very talented. But you need more creativety in design, graphics and story line. It kinda reminds me of when a guy would try to decorate thier own convenient store. I would have to physically take them to another convenient store and show them how much better it could be, to get them to change their design ideas.

You need someone that can give you more creativity, with the understanding of the programming behind it. I hope this helps.

Yes, I agree. Most programmers don't have as much creative flair. Also, even if they did, they'd need artists to help them actually design the things. This is why Artists, 3D Designers, Sound Engineers, Composers and Storyline Writers are important. There are so many people necessary and all must be paid. It's not just the world of the Programmers. I can analyze, design or program an engine but if you were to ask me to draw or come up with a really good story that is still compliant with The Wizards of the Coast, then I'm not exactly the right person to ask unless you give me tons of time, which the developers do not have. It's a pretty rushed job to complete even a single module. Things never go as planned. Problems crop up. You have to fix these problems. Then if it gets rejected by certain important parties, you have to redo things, which is a real pain (Trust me, I was the analyst, designer, programmer AND maintenance for various projects, and it is pretty much a thankless job and I would have given up on computer science already if I didn't love computers so much). We are also human and have emotions such as morale, and whether people appreciate our efforts or not.

Therefore, tell them. What do you the player-base want. A poll of Like, Hate, Don't Care like this does nothing to help fix the situation.

And no, the developers not being mind-readers was not my core argument, it was a minor side argument. I just don't like it when people complain but give no better solutions. If so, don't talk because you have nothing to contribute.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    seanna2000 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. Most programmers don't have as much creative flair. Also, even if they did, they'd need artists to help them actually design the things. This is why Artists, 3D Designers, Sound Engineers, Composers and Storyline Writers are important. There are so many people necessary and all must be paid. It's not just the world of the Programmers. I can analyze, design or program an engine but if you were to ask me to draw or come up with a really good story that is still compliant with The Wizards of the Coast, then I'm not exactly the right person to ask unless you give me tons of time, which the developers do not have. It's a pretty rushed job to complete even a single module. Things never go as planned. Problems crop up. You have to fix these problems. Then if it gets rejected by certain important parties, you have to redo things, which is a real pain (Trust me, I was the analyst, designer, programmer AND maintenance for various projects, and it is pretty much a thankless job and I would have given up on computer science already if I didn't love computers so much). We are also human and have emotions such as morale, and whether people appreciate our efforts or not.

Therefore, tell them. What do you the player-base want. A poll of Like, Hate, Don't Care like this does nothing to help fix the situation.

And no, the developers not being mind-readers was not my core argument, it was a minor side argument. I just don't like it when people complain but give no better solutions. If so, don't talk because you have nothing to contribute.

Okay, here goes. I'm certainly not the first to post these, but for what it's worth...

1. Restore regen to the way it was before. It was neither OP nor abused and there was no reason to change it.

2. Restore the lifesteal mechanic somewhat to the way it was before: give it a 100% chance of occurring, but either cap the amount of HP you can get or lower how much you get so it can be useful without being abused.

3. Lower the damage that enemies can do but either increase their HP or give them special attacks. Right now, trash mobs in dailies can kill with one or two hits, which is in no way acceptable to mere mortals trying to do dailies. They should all be beatable, just not pushovers.

I won't speak much to class mechanics, as I'm not knowledgeable enough for them except for the HR (specifically a Stormwarden archer build). Off the top of my head, I can think of two potential improvements:

1. Increase the damage output of Cold Steel Hurricane once more. It's still useless at present.

2. Double the minimum root time of Constricting Arrow on non-players. I use it constantly and honestly, it isn't all that useful: it's only good as an opening shot but not enough to get some distance from an enemy that is pummeling you into pudding. Remember, HR's have very short dodges, so you only have time to get one dodge in before the root expires -- and then the enemy is right on top of you again.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voted: i cant stand mod 6!!!!

As GF 2.7 ILv being 1 shoot its stupid, how i protect my party? Less see, to use and encounter lower shield dead before animation its over, KV, if some1 in my party gets hit iam almost dead, being hit 20-30 throw block its all the time, try take a potion 10k hp = lower shield i take 10k hp and 1 or 2 shoots fo 60k + Dead, and love how most DC heal heal less than the dmg passing throw block.

1600 Ilv dungeons (other than eLoL) all others ended in no can do last boss.
    2000 Ilv dungeons I heard they have a final boss still have to see 1.

so Iam not having fun and iam with 2.7 Ilv, so i guess fresh lv70 GF with no epic artifacts, running lv 7 enchants, and no weapon or armor enchants must be having allot of fun in dungeons.

43% DR 110k HP + defensive build + DC (full healer with 2.2k Ilv) = to 1 shoot all time shield is down.
    (GF gear have a base HP 2 or 3 times the HP on dps gear) make GF get over 60% just from defensive status (old t3 BI gear had more defense than new lv70) (make any dc heal at least 25k HP a 1/4 of base HP pool right now) (10k HP potion??, i had 50k HP and 8.5k potions close to 20% my HP now i have 100K++ Hp and potion that heal less than 10%). Reg gone?

For me mod5 was to easy, so Devs sit a table and did a brains storm about how to make it hard, and they throw ideas, more dmg for adds, no reg, Ls change, lower base dr, less crit, and so on. . . but instead of choosing what would be best they throw all on mod6.

less crit = to less dmg, so increasing HP of adds why?
    Low DR/deflect = less survival, so why increase adds dmg so much?
    Less LS no reg = less survival, so why increase adds dmg so much?
    More HP + huge dmg from adds = harder for DC to keep HP full on party so why healing spell heals so low
    More HP - DR = no change, so why increase adds dmg so much?

all those changes are 2 different ways to solve the same problem, so instead of hard u made mod6 insane hard (close to impossible).
  • riki3742riki3742 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    very dissapointing would be an understatement
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    having been a player since about module 2 i find this one to be the worst one to date, the idea's behind it were sound but the reality of it is its virtually unplayable. for a start the level 70 blue gear vs the purple has little difference in stat gain (something like 2500 health gain as an example) now this is important as it gives players something to strive for to get better and notice the difference to feel accomplished but to make them spend 1.5 million just to be able to make them is a little over the top for what they are.
    now on to the mess that is the dungeons, before the release of mod 6 i was considered a high DPS gwf with all legendary gear and all rank 8 that could survive most things but now i get hit twice and im dead from a rotter (yes i have the new 70 blue gear) and any boss can one shot me and even some mobs, now i find endless frustration from this and cant even finish the new 2000+ area's so how is anyone else expected to do so in the lower range of this number (mines about 3000) these issues need fixing asap

now on to bugs i've noticed firstly my weapon master ability (rank 4) DOESNT WORK i get now increase in critical which as a crit based GWF is important to me. secondly legendary bonuses dont work either unless you summon the dismiss then you have the bonus for all of 7 seconds NOT worth the million to upgrade. thirdly you just have to go in to a dungeon and leave to get the daily reward im not complaining but still a bug. I cant use my orb of tiamat to refine into another artifact. also i know its not a bug but still ditch this new traps equal injury i've spend 100 gold in the past week alone because of this.

in short get rank 4 powers working properly, less injury based problems, reduce mobs attack strength, make epic 70 gear ACTUALLY worth getting oh and fix the horrible lag issues its not me its not my provider its NW itself that is causing so many in game deaths due to lag problems.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Well Cryptic and Neverwinter is a f2p game model that makes the most of its money with "big" releases like a new Module.

but this is where i think (I actually know) they are doing it wrong. Instead of releasing things that makes players spend money for 1 week, they should release simpler things and polish their game to attract more players. Right now the game is so far from polished that the only money they will make is with "big" releases that forces some players to spend money, but again, only for the first week.. This makes me sad, because i know what will eventually happen to the game. We have seen the pattern.

I really really hope, this game would attract more players, because with a combat system like this, the potential is huge. but i honestly believe now that they actually dont want more players...
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea the lag is a serious issue during the run especially boss fight. Imagine u freeze when a red spot appear below ur feet.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Okay, here goes. I'm certainly not the first to post these, but for what it's worth...

1. Restore regen to the way it was before. It was neither OP nor abused and there was no reason to change it.

2. Restore the lifesteal mechanic somewhat to the way it was before: give it a 100% chance of occurring, but either cap the amount of HP you can get or lower how much you get so it can be useful without being abused.

3. Lower the damage that enemies can do but either increase their HP or give them special attacks. Right now, trash mobs in dailies can kill with one or two hits, which is in no way acceptable to mere mortals trying to do dailies. They should all be beatable, just not pushovers.

I won't speak much to class mechanics, as I'm not knowledgeable enough for them except for the HR (specifically a Stormwarden archer build). Off the top of my head, I can think of two potential improvements:

1. Increase the damage output of Cold Steel Hurricane once more. It's still useless at present.

2. Double the minimum root time of Constricting Arrow on non-players. I use it constantly and honestly, it isn't all that useful: it's only good as an opening shot but not enough to get some distance from an enemy that is pummeling you into pudding. Remember, HR's have very short dodges, so you only have time to get one dodge in before the root expires -- and then the enemy is right on top of you again.

All of this (I'm also an archery stormwarden), AND put the timer for potions back to 12 seconds.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On the other side of things, the changes to RP drops, enchantments and such are an improvement.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • vadimwolfvadimwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unfortunately a negative from me.
    I must say i was really excited for the mod 6 to come out. I did think that level 70 would be fun, something to do for the 60 titans with pretty much pvp left. When it did come out... well I was kinda disappointed. The new invoke system is better than the last one, rewarding frequent play and not punishing someone who can't sit on nv as much. The new skills and classes features were also nicely done, adding more options for certain builds, same as revamping stat curves... to a certain extent. It seems that the input to gain ratio is quite small. Im not sure how much top lvl gear and rank 10-12 enchants would you need to make actual use of those stats curves to make for example a crit heavy trans vorpal char. Ahh and lifesteal... this stat stopped being buildable. The induced randomness makes it impossible to make into a reliable build. Maybe capping the old lifesteal to avoid 120k heal after a crit daily would work better than what happened here.

The new maps are well... balls frankly. Some rebuilds of the old content, I could live with that, that's most of the ToD daily dungeons, but the infinite grind... that puts players off. I was lucky enough to leave myself whispering caverns and hotenow mountain to avoid some grind but im sorry for the players who finished all the content before mod 6. I was looking for a storyline and didn't find any. There is the new 'campaign'... after i saw Minsc and Boo i was like : 'yeah! awesome lets go for the eyes !' but than i went through it and it turned out to be literary like 3 quests... thats not really what i would expect from a new mod.
    The difficulty level is better but possibly over the scale the other way now, later areas are not soloable at all. Some players like group play, some don't, it would be nice to please both types instead of forcing one. Also, what happened to all the dungeons? Suddenly we are losing content instead of adding it. Someone mentioned it would be better to leave them in place and make lvl 70 hmm uber-epic dungeons? I think that would be nice, what would also leave old t2 gear still avialable, instead or erasing it completely. Pretty much all end game gear people were getting, dragon templar, dread legion etc became instantly useless. Same as hard fought BI gear also outdated, leaving it unusable. Maybe an easier difficulty level transition would be better, allowing to use the farmed gear for longer than first 2 levels.

Overall it has potential, the whole elemental evil thing, but whatever has been released now looks like a pre release to something else. I would maybe call it 5.5, because raising the difficulty level and level cap for people to get to it and carry on doing what they did before the update is not what i would call a mod.
  • dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    I Voted: I can't stand mod 6!!!

Here is a paragraph I wrote for a different forum that explains my opinion on mod 6 rather well:

“I play a TR. I have a friend(also TR) who is more experienced than me and a dungeon junkie. I am a pvp person myself but we both agree that we have been nerfed too far. I actually had been super excited about mod 6 for months and loved it other than the repetitiveness for the first 5 days. but for those 5 days I had been doing nothing but elemental evil level up missions. I was dismayed when my friend came back pissed and venting about the new mod saying all sorts of things. Such as that shadow of demise had been nerfed to the almost useless point, the new powers being poorly designed, stealth had been nerfed, survivability had been nerfed too far, saying monsters were absurdly hard in all level 70 campaign zones, Tiamat was impossible, striker classes were no longer very useful in dungeons, and all sorts of other stuff. I had not even known about all the nerfs he was describing yet because the only thing I had been fighting was lower than level 70 monsters in the "safe zones". I'd noticed that my survivability was ****ty and I was getting one hit killed by these basic monsters a lot but figured it had to do with gear. I was determined to see some good in this mod but the more and more stuff he showed me and the more severe nerfs he demonstrated, the more and more I began to swing. Over the course of the next several days, I started poking around the level 70 zones more(I was level 70 by this point) and tried mod 6 pvp. I also looked up the things he had told me, and every single one checked out. I began to find infuriating problems with this mod on my own at this point. Glitchs and bugs were everywhere I had observed that much. I looked at the forums and found several other mod 6 nerfs then tested these nerfs out, they were awful. One of the things I'd picked up reading online info was that recovery and armor pen were the only unnerfed stats, every other stat took entirely too much stacking to get it to go up even as little as 1%. sure enough, when I took a glance at my stats, the only ones I was able to get much out of were armor pen and recovery. This stat nerf made stacking power and movement speed, two things my build relies heavily on really difficult and extremely unrewarding. It took a hell of a lot, but I have gotten to the point where I absolutely hate this mod and would pay money for them just to load mod 5 and add to it in smaller ways instead of rush releasing such a poorly designed giant mod. there were some small things I liked about this new mod but nothing that was worth the cons that came with it. Tanks and strikers are now very unevenly matched with this new mod too because of the nerfs we got and the buffs they got.”

Here is a more detailed answer with each paragraph touching on a different aspect of mod 6:

The nerfs to stealth and shadow of demise are completely unacceptable. Mod 6 needs to restore the duration of stealth back to 6 seconds pronto, and while they are at it, please pull the survivability of striker classes out of the toilet, its not just rogues. In the case of rogues, we now have an extremely hard time leaving stealth without getting murdered. Rogues as a striker should be fragile but that should not be the same thing as being a nerfed suicide striker like we are in mod 6. As a melee class, we should and need to be able to get near our opponent long enough to do damage, a fact mod 6 seems to have ignored. As for shadow of demise, make it so this power procs on all enemies you hit from stealth again. I think the keeping shadow of demise from triggering on at wills or dailies thing is dumb but not crippling like the shadow of demise only hitting one enemy at a time nerf. Powers like dazing strike and smoke bomb when used out of stealth, should be able to proc this feat on all foes hit. Obviously shadow of demise should not be able to stack but I don't remember it doing that in mod 5 anyway.

I bought a bunch of blue quality level 70 gear to keep myself alive in pve zones, with this I am able to win most pve fights now in the campaign and elemental evil zones. Though my survivability is still too low and the new healing potions are next to useless in combat. Please for the love of god, fix the healing potions so they actually are useful in combat.

Dungeons are still ridiculously hard and my class is no longer considered a good class for dungeons by the community, just like the other strikers now. We used to be a welcome addition to dungeon runs in mod 5. The three person dungeons is a stupid idea, if they are going to raise the difficulty of dungeons by as much as they did, they should have left the party size at 5 people. I'm not against more challenging dungeons but 3 people is too few.

Speaking of gear, they should have made more purple gear before they released this mod especially since they dramatically increased the difficulty of pve. Blue quality is the only affordable thing right now really. Also, we need more versatility with our gear choices, there is too little to choose from right now.

Another terrible feature of mod 6 is the glitchzilla they failed to clean up in testing. What is the point of having a mod 6 test run if you aren't going to patch any of the bugs people reported in testing? And some of these bugs were and still are awfully large not to have made fixing those a priority. How many dungeons were broken again when this mod was released? And what about the glory token bug, they ever gonna fix that? The daily quest that tells us to win a pvp match is still only granting AD, no glory tokens and the gear still says you have to have glory tokens to get it. And what about the bugged rank 4 for multiple powers in multiple classes? Upgrading some powers to rank 4 is making them weaker or increasing their cooldown when it should not be. These are only some of the plethora of glitches they failed to fix in testing when they were reported.

The level up missions for levels 60 through 70 are a product of lazy design. Instead of making it so we have to do the exact same agonizingly boring missions over and over again, you could have made more missions. This is a relatively small beef I have with mod 6 but still worth mentioning. The level up grind to level 70 is agonizingly slow and it would be so much less excruciating if you had just made the missions more original and made more of them.

I was originally excited with the idea of the level cap increasing to 70 but now that I've gotten to level 70, the more I think that this change was completely unnecessary and kind of annoying. Just put the level cap back to 60, get the gear stat inflation rates down(the inflation rate is ridiculous), and simply add more content and more interesting content instead of raising the level cap.

Perhaps my biggest beef with mod 6 is how hard they made it to stack any stat other than recovery and armor penetration. Even with the new inflation rate, it takes entirely too much stacking to get anything useful out of power or movement speed or any of the other stats besides armor pen and recovery. It takes too much investment to get these other stats to go up even as little as 1%. This makes making a good build much harder than it should be and getting better gear significantly less rewarding. It kinda sucks the fun out of investing in better gear when you have to put so much into one stat to get it to go up in any significant way.

Fix Gauntlgrym pvp team sizes. It appears that the team sizes have been reduced from 20vs20 to 10vs10. The map for this kind of pvp is huge and you really did need all 20 of those teammates. Put the team size back up to 20vs20 please.

The new rogue powers are completely useless and poorly designed. For the new passive that dazes people, dazeing a foe when you enter stealth is pretty useless since you really only need to daze people when you don't have stealth up or are about to leave stealth. 1 second is also not really that useful a daze and this power is useless in pvp since it is only a half second daze for pvp. I don't like the clumsy mechanic of shadowy disappearance, this power would have been so much better if they had changed the target system. Instead of having to put a target on the ground, which is unreliable, I'd have liked them to make it work like the target mechanism for deft strike, simply point your screen target at the person you want to teleport to. Even with my suggested fix, it would still be very close to being a copy of deft strike and not very original. Oppressive darkness seems to have been nerfed too far to be as useful as the other passives; in order to make this passive power any good, the programers will need to buff it. Blade flurry does have a cool mechanic where you can spam it 4 times in a row(5 times if first strike was from stealth) before going on cooldown but the damage is simply too low to be worth it. Also I think this power might be bugged. When I use all 4 strikes, instead of the power going on cooldown for 10 seconds like it says, it goes on cooldown for 13 seconds. I upgraded mine to rank 4 owing to me wanting to play with it. I suspect this might be one of the many powers with bugged rank 4 upgrades.

It's way more fun when every class has the potential to become op in their own special ways once they get good skill and gear to go along with it. I think mod 5 was a hell of a lot better at at making that intense grind you have to do for anything be it skill or gear really really rewarding for all classes. No mod is perfect but I loved the mod 5 TR. I would have liked to see the tanks be even harder to take down than they were in mod 5 but instead of nerfbating the strikers like mod 6 just did, they should have buffed the tank's hp/defenses. I think mod 6 made a grave error in how they handled the tanks, especially the GF, they gave the GF +50% to all weapon damage and +20% to all other damage(patch notes)when they were already hitting extremely hard in mod 5. This I feel was too much extra damage for a tank and they should have buffed the hp/defenses instead. I was fine with the amount of damage GFs were doing in mod 5 but the mod 6 increases to the Gf's damage are simply too much.

Instead of nerfing TR damage(I'm not sure if mod 6 did this), increase the potential damage of all striker classes to be roughly equal to that of the rogue's potential damage output. I'm not sure if the TR does more damage than the other strikers or not, but if they do, bring the other striker classes up to our damage status.

I think that the controller wizards should have been given more powerful and well designed aoes and more of them than they had in mod 5. Mod 6 has failed to do this for the controllers as well. The control wizard appears to have actually been better at single target attacks than aoes for both of these mods which makes little sense for a controller. Don't get rid of any of their powers from mod 5 but do give them some new really awesome aoes next upgrade.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the control wizard is the only controller in this game. All the other categories have more than one class in them. Next mod, they should make another controller class.

In general I really wish I had bought a mount with speed 110% back in mod 5. I'd have loved to put my money into mod 5 stuff but have never bought zen before and I don't have the money to spare for that right now. I like the mod 6 mounts but I am torn because I really don't want to give this new mod any of my money. I feel like giving mod 6 money when I did not give mod 5 money would be like voting for mod 6 over mod 5.

The very few mod 6 pros:

I liked the idea of making traps cause an injury.

The changes to life steal and regeneration made sense

The Bulette and giant crab mounts are really cool

The elemental fire offhand and main hand artifact weapons are extremely easy to get(they are basically free).

They left most of my rogue powers and feats alone and did not get rid of any of them. I especially liked that they did not do anything to lashing blade, dazing strike, deft strike, shocking execution, sneak attack, skillful infiltrator, or bloodbath. These powers were pretty much perfect in mod 5 and should be left just like they were in mod 5. I'm not sure whether or not the changes to duelist's flurry in mod 6 caused any harm or not but so far this power seems to be working fine. I would not mind having the mod 5 one back just in case.

The new feats they added to the executioner tree are really good.
  • jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    I already voted can't stand mod 6, but now that I have leveled up wanted to add to why...
    Bored already, Completed Dread ring, Sharandar, WOD, IWD when I was 60. Now nothing to do but farm old dungeons I have already completed to get better gear to do what I can already do better?
    Nothing new here. Looking for new game to play.

I loved this game previously and I would have paid a monthly amount for it to continue to be fun. I like how things are harder but not fun when same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just repeated. Now will never pay money into this game until they actually add new content. Too many bugs that aren't being addressed at all.