test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Class Next?

aislinaeochaislinaeoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys!

Its still super early into the life of Mod 6, but the question on my mind is...

What class do you want OR think will be in the game next?

Why do you want to see this new class? Why do you think this new class will be the next in Mod 8, or whenever we see it?

I really enjoy Oathbound Paladin, but I am a striker at heart. I would die of happiness if Avenger was introduced. Granted, I have no delusions of grandeur of that happening any time soon!

In terms of what class I think is next: I think Druid is next, seeing as how many of them we ran into while leveling in this Mod.
Post edited by aislinaeoch on

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to see a 1st Ed Monk. I did more damage naked and without weapons than our tankiest tanker DPS could do fully equipped.

Realistically, I wish they had just done the cleric PROPERLY.. you know.. give me my mace or flail and bonus vs. undead.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This must be the 12th poll on this topic and the results were the same. Everyone should just check "Other" for the fun of it. :rolleyes:
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    voted for Druid .. again.. never wanted Paladin.. Druid has so much versatility in PnP.. good druids with all their tree hugging, bad druids with swarms of insects and rot .. shapechanging druids.. Surely Cryptic can make something fun out of all that..

Oh and to the OP - this poll will probably get moderated as they dont like multiple topics about the same subject... I ran into the same thing with talking about Genesai..
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • aislinaeochaislinaeoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to see a 1st Ed Monk. I did more damage naked and without weapons than our tankiest tanker DPS could do fully equipped.

Realistically, I wish they had just done the cleric PROPERLY.. you know.. give me my mace or flail and bonus vs. undead.

instynctive,

The closest you are going to get for that is the current Oathbound Paladin. I don't think we are going to be seeing Battle Cleric any time soon.

One can hope, though!
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd love to play a druid with wildshape and all, that would be neat!
    edited April 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    This must be the 12th poll on this topic and the results were the same. Everyone should just check "Other" for the fun of it. :rolleyes:

If you check 'Other', it is recommended to point out what class you'd rather see in a post :)
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Agreed,

Then again I also think they should have done the Paladin properly....Paladins use swords

They need to crack open a players handbook if they are going to continue to profess this is a D&D based game.
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys!

Its still super early into the life of Mod 6, but the question on my mind is...

What class do you want OR think will be in the game next?

Why do you want to see this new class? Why do you think this new class will be the next in Mod 8, or whenever we see it?

I really enjoy Oathbound Paladin, but I am a striker at heart. I would die of happiness if Avenger was introduced. Granted, I have no delusions of grandeur of that happening any time soon!

In terms of what class I think is next: I think Druid is next, seeing as how many of them we ran into while leveling in this Mod.

The next class should be a PRIEST. You earn exp. by praying over all the dead bodies in Wod, Sharandar, DR. and EVERY Dungeon.
    edited April 2015
    The next class should be a PRIEST. You earn exp. by praying over all the dead bodies in Wod, Sharandar, DR. and EVERY Dungeon.

Ohh, and by giving sermons!

10/10 would pray again
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I voted "other", but as I had no option to point out which other I will say it loud : MOGUL (some kind of wealthy trader) :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ohh, and by giving sermons!

10/10 would pray again

Well Played my friend.... Well Played
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A barbi would nice. Extra hp and temp hp in beserk, and you just might have fighter class that can survive a mob encounter with the new beefed up mobs and no in combat healing
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I votet for other and the answer is in this thread:

Balance those 48 setups before freaking the game further up

We already have 48 different setups. All your names in the poll may be subsummized into those. balance them!
    edited April 2015
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    We already have 48 different setups. All your names in the poll may be subsummized into those. balance them!

I agree entirely. Balancing and optimizing the classes we have now is much more important than pumping out new ones, and I'm sure Cryptic is doing what they can.

Its merely whimsical fun to fantasize about our favorites getting in!
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would like to see a paladin. It's nice to see the role-pigeon-holed defensive battle cleric they added in mod 6, even though they apparently misspelled the class name pretty badly, but there's a missing iconic class here.
  • kingofjamaicakingofjamaica Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most fun class I've used in 4e is the Wild Magic Sorcerer. Might be a pain to implement though.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I realize now why they backtracked on the druid and fast tracked the paladin. We needed a heavy duty protector/healer class to deal with the changes they were planning to make with Mod6. A controller with nature based ability buffs/debuffs and some heals will be a good addition now which fits the druid class well. My only reservation is the brain damaged druid they put in spinward who makes me wonder what their plans for the class truly are.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good controller abilities for this druid class will be immensely helpful for parties. Summon Swarm to raise a cloud of locusts to stun and confuse enemies, Summon Vines to root enemies in place, Quake will be similar to the GWF daily which will stun and debuff enemies caught in it's radius, Nova Bomb summons the power of the sun for a massive blast knocking enemies prone and doing heavy damage. Summon Destrachan would create a massive beast that will attack nearby foes with a sonic blast initially stunning them and drawing agro on itself until destroyed, Summon Frost Worm will summon a creature that slows, adds chill stacks and aggros nearby foes, Fairy Majik would summon a Pixie or a Nixie for each party member which buff damage or defense. So many possibilities, I hope they run wild with this one and bring it to us soon.
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As long as they dont introduce a logical approach to powers / features, ANY new class will just make things worse.

The current system is a mess. if you already have paragon-pathes, they ARE the sub-classes. Monk is a cleric that paragons on close combat. A ninja is a rogue that does the same. Fix the system before further messing with the symptoms.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Blackguard a.k.a fallen paladin
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kangkeok wrote: »
    Blackguard a.k.a fallen paladin
    There is no such thing. Paladins can already be evil and still be Paladins. If you honestly feel a class needs a dark counter part. Where then are the dark versions of Guardians, Clerics, and Rogues?
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm quite sure it will be druid, as there is quite a few druid NPC's in this module, they may be hinting towards it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gman118 wrote: »
    I'm quite sure it will be druid, as there is quite a few druid NPC's in this module, they may be hinting towards it.

Someone else proposed a theory that the classes were originally intended to be released with a thematically similar campaign; Rangers for Feywild, Warlocks for Dread Ring, and so on. Admittedly, though, that seems more like a coincidence, as Paladins aren't really a fit for Icewind Dale. Anyway, the Druid seems like a logical next class, (though it would be nice to see something a bit different, like a Bard or some variant of an existing class - like a crossbow-wielding rogue of some sort.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are so many evidence indicates that druids would be the next class. We can find a druid corpse in the weekly portal quest ( since mod 5), the druid npc at the element tree in PE, and many other druids across the new zones. So I voted for druid.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    We already have a poll going and will always have a poll going. New official polls are made whenever a new race or class is introduced. Please contribute to the existing ones instead. Thanks!

Sticky: [Read Before Posting] Reference Thread on Known Issues & Hot Topics.
    zebular wrote: »
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.