test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

May All Your 20s Be Natural!

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People move on from different companies all the time, and many times for no better reason than there's just something better down the line. It's nothing personal against the company they work for, they just feel it's time to move along.

I agree. I was just getting tired of seeing all the unneeded doom speculation. It just fuels the trolls and haters.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The one constant in this great big world is change. New horizons can be refreshing for the soul. You have always been a wonderful party member, as well as a kind and fair person to me, (and many others) in game. I hope that the same can be said for the person in real life. Best of luck Akro. Do continue to pop in from time to time if you are able, and keep working with that Foundry thing... ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow, it's really sad news ..i'm a bit shocked, i always watch your streaming :(
    too much bad feelings with m6 for me.,don't know what to say.
    I wish u all the best Byee.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think Akro should apply for that TBS show 'King of the Nerds'

I know he'd have our support. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • avrielailaavrielaila Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Best of luck Akro. Thank you for all your work here. You will be missed.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2015
    *Plays 'Wind Beneath My Wings' in the background* :P
    Thank you for all your hard work and charming personality. You were a bright star in the skies of Faerûn. (We should have 'Akro's Star in the sky next Winter Fest...hehee)

Livestreams won't be the same without ya! Best of luck to you, Akro, in your new endeavor!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Akro, good luck and all the best.

...this does, however, not bode well.

People said the same thing when Somminator left. Lets not make this into a Doom! thread please.

That's not doomsaying on my part...

...when in times of turmoil the management changes - unrelated to the turmoil and its cause or not - the successor is put in double jeopardy. That's what I'm alluding to.

Doom - nah. The game is solid and probably also profitable enough to carry on, no problem. Has taken a hit, but it'll hopefully get back on course sooner rather than later. The personnel change, however, does decrease the "sooner" and increase the "later" probability.

So, no intention to make this a doomsaying thread, let's just say, the timing is less than favorable. It makes the pessimist in me expect that the turbulent times we're currently in in Faerûn might stay turbulent for longer.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Who is the new guy anyways ? D:
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015

From the OP:
    I’ve learned a lot from being your community manager and have the utmost faith in my successor, Strumslinger (I’ll let him introduce himself in another thread, but I’m sure a few of you may remember him from a few of our Neverwinter livestreams). *snip*

And for those attributing his departure or decision to leave on m6 and using this thread to snipe at mod 6: Don't. There are a half dozen other threads to offer your feedback for Elemental Evil.

For what it's worth, his new job may offer a better 401k, dental plan, or even pastries in the break room instead of donuts. Bottom line is that he's leaving of his own volition, for reasons that are his own, and we should respect that instead of doomsaying.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You'll be missed. Good luck with your new job.
  • laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    GL Akro.

I loved your hair ;-)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Safe travels, my friend. I wish you great splendor in thy future endeavors, indeed!
    edited April 2015
    From the OP:

And for those attributing his departure or decision to leave on m6 and using this thread to snipe at mod 6: Don't. There are a half dozen other threads to offer your feedback for Elemental Evil.

For what it's worth, his new job may offer a better 401k, dental plan, or even pastries in the break room instead of donuts. Bottom line is that he's leaving of his own volition, for reasons that are his own, and we should respect that instead of doomsaying.

Yes lew I could see the name but it tells me nothingz !!
    Who is this whole Strumslinger u_U ?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015

He's the new CM to succeed Akro. He'll be making his own intro thread in the near future.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • wilburrrrwilburrrr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For what it's worth, his new job may offer a better 401k, dental plan, or even pastries in the break room instead of donuts.

Or it might really be mod 6. There, that's both of us speculating. :rolleyes:
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GL Akro, will miss your colorful twitch streams.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Best of luck Akromatik(a), it was fun being DC advocate and running some dungeons during your streams.

More importantly - what color is his hair?
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015

StrumSlinger, AKA Andy, as helped out as Chat Commander on Akro's live streams in the past. He used to be QA Lead for Neverwinter, and is currently Community Manager for all Arc games. He has been doing his own streams for a bit, the ArCast on Twitch. :D He's really awesome, and I know he's gonna do a great job. (Yes, I know he will be doing his own introduction thread, but I just wanted to help out a little bit here).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still have a bunch of water balloons with your name on'm. :p

Oh well, good luck on your next adventure. I'll just cross out your name and add Strummy. ;)
  • backslash55backslash55 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We'll miss you Akro. May Umberlee guide you safely to your next port! :)
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, "ahm", all dyes be with ur haircut, "ahm", Akro.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
    edited April 2015
    herundrion wrote: »
    Best of luck Akromatik(a), it was fun being DC advocate and running some dungeons during your streams.

More importantly - what color is his hair?

Google says its black , and pic looked like Chinese gangsta.
  • miomans0miomans0 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good bye akro and may your hair remain awesome.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Akro,

Never did get to speak to you much, but I wish you the best of luck in the future.

:)
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey akro,

I wouldn't say that I know you really well, but I think I've had enough interactions with you to call you a friend! I hope that we get a chance to play together again at some point. I'll definetly miss you, you were my go to man when I had a question or something to bring to dev attention :p I wish you the best of luck in wherever life takes you!

You will be missed!

I think I need to create a follow up foundry now! (Look at my signature, then it will make more sense)!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mr. Akro,

I don't now you much, nor I ever talked with you, but I wish you luck in your future challenges and thank you for what you did for us and NWO.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For those of you that are interested, our new CM: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/member.php?108789789-strumslinger

I need to find out more info on what he plays, to make a new foundry in my series. I'm thinking Strumslinger is going to be the even eviler villain that is so evil even Akromatik agrees to partner up and help stop him! (In my last foundry, Akromatik was the villain, and ran around terrorizing NW citizens. Maybe it's time that someone even more evil appeared, and overthrows Akromatik as the top villain in Neverwinter!)
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker