test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invoking is preventing me from playing!

djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm not an altaholic by far. I'm certainly not an abuser with 20 accounts and 60 characters. I have 1 account 6 characters one for every class except Paladin and I play about 2 hours a day on weekends. I do logon everyday to do professions and invoke but only play(do quests, dungeons, daylies, etc) during the weekends.

So I use to log in, invoke and do professions on all my 6 characters, taking about 15 minutes, play for 45 minutes, invoke all my characters again and play for an hour and logoff for the day. Giving me about 1 hour 45 minutes of play time /day alternating through my characters.

Now I log in, invoke and do professions on all my 6 characters (15 minutes), then go through another round of invoking (5 minutes) and start playing for 25 minutes, more invoking (5 minutes) and play for 40 minutes before invoking again and log off for the day. Giving me an 1 hour and 5 minutes constantly interrupted by characters changes of game play and if I'm lucky enough to have no disconnects and crashes.

This needs to be readdressed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »

This needs to be readdressed.

What needs to be readdressed is your personal system.

Why do you need so many invokes on your chars? For the Astral Diamonds? I can't see any other reason.

The coins are awarded on the first invoke.

Just let go of the small amount of AD (or whatever your goal is from praying so much), and let yourself enjoy the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not just the AD, the coins yes which now it requires more of but I still only get one a day. Also the RP stones and potions which the games also requires more of now.
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the second coin is just a bonus. you don't have to invoke multiple times on each char.. once is enough to get your one coin.. I actually felt the same way ... having to switch chars every 15/30/45/60/90.. ;p but then I set up a macro on my keyboard that handles all the keystrokes.. ctrl-i x2 + esc to char select(down arrow) then enter then up arrow to next char and enter to choose.. then I press again.. and it does it all over..

but one thing I like is you don't lose anything should you not want to switch accounts.. some times you just forget
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    It's not just the coins. You need to invoke 4 times a day to get the same amount of AD we used to get before all this. The enchantment refining stone isn't worth the effort either.

Since you need more of everything now, the slightest reward helps, I just spend more time trying to get those small rewards that I spend playing and using them.
  • Options
    violetcrayonvioletcrayon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used to invoke when I wanted to, like at the beginning of my dailies, or the start of a quest. I miss that. Because now I invoke on someone else's schedule, to heck with mine.

Today I tried to invoke on all 6 of my characters and get all the tiers because I just wanted to be able to say that it could be done. But my invokes dried up after the fourth one. There are six tiers, yes? I'm just so bewildered and vexed by this invoking change.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used to invoke when I wanted to, like at the beginning of my dailies, or the start of a quest. I miss that. Because now I invoke on someone else's schedule, to heck with mine.

Today I tried to invoke on all 6 of my characters and get all the tiers because I just wanted to be able to say that it could be done. But my invokes dried up after the fourth one. There are six tiers, yes? I'm just so bewildered and vexed by this invoking change.

You were always invoking on someone else's schedule; the 1hr schedule. Now they broke it into multiple increments of delay. They could have easily made it all 1hr wait times so you would need 6hrs instead of the current 4hrs. I doubt they will make any changes to this anytime soon as their purpose was to reduce the amount of wonderous coffers one gets per week. If you only pray once, they cut it by half. If you do all 6 prays a day, then they increase the amount of coffers you get per week. They are betting that on average people won't play all 6 times every day.
  • Options
    nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree that it does take a tad bit of time off my play time to invoke on 7 characters, however I've been able to do it every day since the patch that fixed it this last time. I log in, I invoke through all my characters, go back to the first one, set crafting up through all of my characters. By the time I'm done sending my crafting out 15 minutes has elapsed so I flip back through all my characters again. I play 30 minutes, flip back through and invoke one more time then get ready for work. After work, I flip through all my characters and set crafting and invoke at the same time. Then when it's time I invoke my last couple of times.

All in all the system works fine for someone who plays for a while in the morning and then several hours in the evening. So far I've received more coalescent wards on this new system than I ever did on the old so I'm not complaining. Prior to this update I refused to increase my enchants past rank 8 due to the increases in failure rate, now I will feel more comfortable doing so knowing that I will not fail on them. I also enjoy the XP pool that you receive for several of the invocations on top of the potion and RP stone, so all in all I'm fine with the system the way it is, though I would like to see a chance at better RP stones instead of being penalized based off my choice of deity.

For someone who does not have the time to invest in following this type of system for invoking I can see where this would be frustrating. I've been gaming for a lot of years and in my experience, the best rewards have always gone to those who have been willing to put in the most time to get them.
  • Options
    phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im not blaming invoking for not playing. I am just not in any hurry to get to 70 just to get back to dragons and black ice. I am enjoying the reprieve.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What needs to be readdressed is your personal system.

Why do you need so many invokes on your chars? For the Astral Diamonds? I can't see any other reason.

The coins are awarded on the first invoke.

Just let go of the small amount of AD (or whatever your goal is from praying so much), and let yourself enjoy the game.

Why don't you ask why Cryptic implemented such a system rather? Either your logic or the game system is seriously faulty if you think players should be enjoying the games instead of invoking 6 times a day.
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally, I have let it go. I'll go the distance on the char I'm actually playing with, but the rest get 4 at the most
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I just do the single invoke on most of my characters and only go for the 2nd celestial coin on my most played character that day. Business as usual for me with the bonus of an extra Celestial Coin on my most played character(s).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Why don't you ask why Cryptic implemented such a system rather? Either your logic or the game system is seriously faulty if you think players should be enjoying the games instead of invoking 6 times a day.

huh?...i think you should reread what you wrote (underlined part)....of course i think players should go about enjoying the game instead of invoking. who the heck wouldn't?

I am just a realist and I realize they just implemented this system and it is not going anywhere. Look how much we have QQ'd for easier refining. Maybe someday it might improve, but not anytime soon. So, why chase such a minor amount of AD if it is causing you negative feelings? Just stop.
  • Options
    chocobolochocobolo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wait.... Your choice of deity affects the reward you get?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chocobolo wrote: »

IDK if this is entirely true.

I have 3x characters who worship Torm. Today 2 are offered lesser marks of _____, the other is offered a minor RP stone.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The change to the invocation process backloads the rewards, granting better rewards to those that play for longer. That being said, you can get 3 invocations in less time than you could before - 1st, wait 15 mins, 2nd, wait 30 mins, then the 3rd. In those 45 minutes, you can certainly take care of setting your next batch of profession tasks, or carry out a quest or 2. Yes, it's cumbersome to have to keep switching characters, and it does take a lot longer if you want the maximum rewards, but actual process isn't that much worse.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I notice folks talking about setting professions after invoking etc and nobody has mentioned the optional route (and the additional reward to boot!)

Try doing your profession sets through the gateway/neverwinter thing..the browser dice game. You get a daily random reward from a 20 die roll (copper pieces, green random equipment (suited to your class), pet training books, character development bag (potions, alters, tool kits etc.),profession resource bags, refinement bags, random blue equipment item reward and if real luck and roll a 19 2 bags and a 20 all 3 bags)

You can set all you professions ea character without logging to ea and every character login page, you can refine the AD, you can buy profession resources without running to the PE's supply vendor...the only thing is you can't invoke, you can only stop the 30 hr timer, and I believe that is now removed with mod6.

Just mentioning this for all those that aren't aware of it, oh and you can access the AH and your character sheets etc.
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mattsacre wrote: »
    Try doing your profession sets through the gateway/neverwinter thing..the browser dice game. You get a daily random reward from a 20 die roll (copper pieces, green random equipment (suited to your class), pet training books, character development bag (potions, alters, tool kits etc.),profession resource bags, refinement bags, random blue equipment item reward and if real luck and roll a 19 2 bags and a 20 all 3 bags)

Just checked it .. I thought they had may allowed invoking from the 'Temple of Reflection' with changes but nope, it still says it's there to extend the decay.

So, since coins do not decay, this quest is now completely useless.
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chocobolo wrote: »

It doesn't seem to, at least it's not just your deity which determines the drop a character gets. But whatever it is that decides it, you only ever get the one RP reward on that character, each and every day.

For instance I have one character that worships Amaunator and gets Lesser Resonance stones (2.5k RP for artifacts)
    While another that also worships Amaunator gets Minor Power stones (500 RP for power artifacts)
    The worst is a character who worships Silvanus and gets Lesser Marks of Potency (a whopping 50 RP)

It's pretty horribly unbalanced right now with some characters getting 50 times the value drops of others,
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ye, i miss the old invoke,
    just one time and instant 1k AD xD
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    huh?...i think you should reread what you wrote (underlined part)....of course i think players should go about enjoying the game instead of invoking. who the heck wouldn't?

I am just a realist and I realize they just implemented this system and it is not going anywhere. Look how much we have QQ'd for easier refining. Maybe someday it might improve, but not anytime soon. So, why chase such a minor amount of AD if it is causing you negative feelings? Just stop.

I don't need to reread and you don't need to re-QQ. In case if you still don't get it, Cryptic's response is pretty clear. They don't want or expect real players to pray 6 times a day so the new system is intended to nerf real players' AD rewards but increase the bots'.

They are robbing the poor real players and enriching the rich bots.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm mostly doing the professions on gateway anyway, it's just faster and I can run the shorter tasks when I'm at work. (Although, is the professions delay removed in the game now, it seems to me faster?)

I've been trying to invoke 6 times on each character, I only have 4, so it's not too much trouble. I'm usually in a hostile area when the timer runs out, though, so I have to get my main to campfire before I can log out and invoke on my alts, that extends the time between invokes and I can't play for 4 hours on a weeknight anyway. So I have to start up the computer in the morning to invoke the final time.

Regarding refinement rewards, three of my alts get only minor stones and my main gets green thaumaturgic stone every time. I thought they might be level based, but she got one on level 60, so that's probably not the case. I wish the invoke rewards were account bound or in case of identification scrolls, not bound at all.

I also wish that after the 6th invocation it would show the timer till the next invocation. Or at least something other than the empty grey icon, it somehow bothers me, I keep wanting to invoke when I see it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So here is my suggestion, not a big fan of complaining with out suggesting a solution.

Make it 3 level to invoking and every 2 hours.

1st invoke get xp, rad and coin.
    2 hours
    2nd invoke get xp, rad and rp stone.
    2hours
    3rd invoke get xp, rad and second coin.

This way second coin still comes after 4 hours but you don't have to stop playing to invoke all the time.
  • Options
    maroon66maroon66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sounds to me like Cryptic is trying to discourage leadership AD mules. And we know the established players in this game all have their leadership mules.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    the second coin is just a bonus. you don't have to invoke multiple times on each char.. once is enough to get your one coin.. I actually felt the same way ... having to switch chars every 15/30/45/60/90.. ;p but then I set up a macro on my keyboard that handles all the keystrokes.. ctrl-i x2 + esc to char select(down arrow) then enter then up arrow to next char and enter to choose.. then I press again.. and it does it all over..

but one thing I like is you don't lose anything should you not want to switch accounts.. some times you just forget

Pro Tip - You shouldn't talk about violating the games TOS/TOU on their own message board.
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you are only invoking for AD, your reasoning skills are already in question.

Just do it once a day and move on. The time spent invoking 6 times accross 6 characters is far greater than the AD rewards of professions during the same span. Not to mention you can manage professions without changing characters.