test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to get EA and UE from New area quests.

silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
For the last three days I have been running all 4 of the new area's to find the quests that give me EA and UE. However for the last 2 days there has only been one quest that gives me anything and that's the Daily at the Rock ( which I haven't been able to find a group to do this with yet). I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem while trying to farm the EA and UE.
stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
stealth is damage
stealth is mobility
stealth is everything
everything is stealth
Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
Post edited by silvertail on

Comments

• neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get the elemental ingredients from nearly all vigilant quests, from doing HEs and from Profession Bags.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting the other Elemental items is easy for the water, earth, fire, and air. The ones that I need and have not been getting quests with them or even getting for HE's is Elemental Aggregate and Unified Elements. I know you can get them from quests even after your done in that area since I have gotten some before. However I have not received any since I have gotten the slaad invasion quest where I can get 1 Elemental Aggregate. That quest I don't see being done anytime soon since there is so much lag in that area. I just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem of not getting these items in quest and if you have to do all quests that gives these items in order to get more quests to give them.

Thank You for your replies
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah, sorry, I misundertsood you. ^^

You can get both through the Alchemy profession, though it takes some days without colored alchemists. (7 for EA and 12 for UE)

Also you get them from HEs. The drop rate seems to be not really good but not as bad as BI Hands in IWD pre-Mod. I did not have the luck yet, but then I did not participate in many Greater HEs.

Also you can get the EA from some quests, but I'm not sure which ones, so it is entirely possible that it is only the one quest you already know.

And then there is the AH, where you can buy them.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with the OP.

The first few days I got an Elemental Aggregate and/or Unified Element from almost every task force area, but the last couple of days I've run back to all zones and not seen one listed as a reward for vigilance tasks, checking multiple times.

It was never clear on why any given task would give EA or UE as a reward, and now I don't know if there's a way to force them to appear -- or, as Cryptic has done before, the first days' rewards were higher, and they've now been nerfed down. (see black ice gloves drop rate, etc.).
    edited April 2015
    I don't know about everyone else but I don't have the AD to be able to buy Elemental Aggregate and/or Unified Element nor would I want to since that takes the fun out of working to get your own. I also don't want to take up my profession slots to make these items since I won't be able to do anything for 7 or 12 days. If I do it that way I see no reason to get on the game during that time since there's not much else you can do. I was going to make my lvl 70 gear through the professions since I could get the stats that I like better to be able to run the dungeons.

However if I have to make the Elemental Aggregate and/or Unified Element through professions then I can find another game to play and only come back every 7 to 12 days to change my professions. The sad thing with this is that it will take months to do it that way.
    I don't see how this would be good for Neverwinter if everyone does this who refuse to buy through AH.
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They drop as rewards from HEs in the new zones, but very rarely. Perhaps a 1:100 chance? I am grinding those and checking quests for these as well. I dont want to just buy them off the AH. I want some reason to do the new content area.
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    They drop as rewards from HEs in the new zones, but very rarely. Perhaps a 1:100 chance? I am grinding those and checking quests for these as well. I dont want to just buy them off the AH. I want some reason to do the new content area.

I had one drop other day when I did Vigilant Quests in Drowned Shores, just check rewards when you go for those quests.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been checking quests too after I hit 70. No Unifieds or Aggregates to be found.

While I was levelling I could find an occasional Unified of Aggregate as quest reward, now it seems to have dried up.

Do they only drop for characters below 70?
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been checking quests too after I hit 70. No Unifieds or Aggregates to be found.

While I was levelling I could find an occasional Unified of Aggregate as quest reward, now it seems to have dried up.

Do they only drop for characters below 70?

They came as vigilance quest rewards after I hit level 70 but that was 2 days ago. No such rewards in the last 2 days. That's consistent with what people posted here and in game. The chance of getting them as quest rewards is likely severely reduced or even eliminated quietly.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm one of those who posted about not getting many rewards after the first couple days, but I got 2 Aggregates from vigilance quests yesterday and one today, so they still are being rewarded. Definitely have to check with all the quest givers.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with the OP.

The first few days I got an Elemental Aggregate and/or Unified Element from almost every task force area, but the last couple of days I've run back to all zones and not seen one listed as a reward for vigilance tasks, checking multiple times.

It was never clear on why any given task would give EA or UE as a reward, and now I don't know if there's a way to force them to appear -- or, as Cryptic has done before, the first days' rewards were higher, and they've now been nerfed down. (see black ice gloves drop rate, etc.).

Same here, both my toons I have ran trhough got aggregrate and unified elemets at least one per area, but now that i'm 70 on both and running around checking those vigilant quests i get nothing, just green mats I get plenty of from mob drops. Its like once you turn 70 they stop dropping those items.
    edited April 2015
    I would just like to know that after you hit 70 if we can no longer get them from the quests and if so then you really have no reason to go back and do the new content once you finish it. Which I think would be bad. I still have not found any other quests giving me either BUT the one with the Slaad Invasion that no one does. :( Guess I'm going to have to buy them since I will not spend days making them and using up a profession slot that can otherwise be lvling up and profession or making me ad.
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just like the OP, I have been trying to look for ways to farm UE and EA to no avail.

It is kinda silly they gate end game gears behind UE and EA but yet do not provide an efficient way to farm/grind them.

Aside from a couple whales we have sufficient epic/rare assets to churn out these resources faster, the majority of the player base will be struggling with unplayable dungeons, unfarmable resources, unattainable gears...