test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hr pvp help.

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
ok so i have a hr level 70 pvp 3 pieces of the burning executioner set with rank 7s radiants in defensive slots and darks in offensive. i went from getting triple kills all day last mod and almost to my dominion champion without pvp gear to getting lucky enough to get 1 kill this mod. i didnt change anything all i added was the ability to perma spam encounters. gf's own me cw's own me dc's own me i feel like im getting owned left and right here. im dodging im doing everything right as far as i know. i cant figure it out. i use fox hindering and constricting.i have a lesser soul forged a lesser plague fire blue arti equipment besides belt blue artifacts all 3 and 1 epic waters of elah'zad.
tell me if this link doesnt show it to you guys.btw i also have 80k hp.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107095202942443403003/albums/6136489116008144913
im asking for any help i can get to improve my char.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• drago780drago780 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The link requires access to view :/
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drago780 wrote: »
    The link requires access to view :/

there i shared it see if its in my feed.
  • drago780drago780 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feed? where's that?
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feed? where's that?

when you give food to someone

regards
    edited April 2015
    Feed? where's that?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/
  • flyofavalonflyofavalon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Darks in offence are not BiS unless you know exactly how much APen you need.

Players will have about 40% tenacity which means 80% Apen reduction. To have your darks be usefull, you need to have a base apen (gear+base) of at least 80%. If your base is not 80%, your darks are adding 0% damage. Slot radients instead. If your base is over 80%, your darks are 4x as effective as radients.

Rank 10 radients add 1% damage per slot. 7 offencive slots so at 4x the effectiveness your apen base can be as low as 59% to continue running darks in offencive slot. 59% base + 28% from offensive will give you 87% apen, 80% to get past tenacity, 7% to boost damage.

Also any flat crit chance you can get, take it. Any crit stat you can pick, pass on it. 75% severity - 40% tenacity means your crits are doing 35% extra damage. As a HR, crit is not viable unless you have vorpal and pick up the extra 50% crit severity from combat tree.

Just go all out on power and run trapper build and you should do fine once you get your hp up over 100k.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I literally dont see a place anymore for hrs and i m not strictly talking about pvp. i had the same experience of you
    Will see
    edited April 2015
    Darks in offence are not BiS unless you know exactly how much APen you need.

Players will have about 40% tenacity which means 80% Apen reduction. To have your darks be usefull, you need to have a base apen (gear+base) of at least 80%. If your base is not 80%, your darks are adding 0% damage. Slot radients instead. If your base is over 80%, your darks are 4x as effective as radients.

Rank 10 radients add 1% damage per slot. 7 offencive slots so at 4x the effectiveness your apen base can be as low as 59% to continue running darks in offencive slot. 59% base + 28% from offensive will give you 87% apen, 80% to get past tenacity, 7% to boost damage.

Also any flat crit chance you can get, take it. Any crit stat you can pick, pass on it. 75% severity - 40% tenacity means your crits are doing 35% extra damage. As a HR, crit is not viable unless you have vorpal and pick up the extra 50% crit severity from combat tree.

Just go all out on power and run trapper build and you should do fine once you get your hp up over 100k.

ill try this. what should i run in defense. radiants like i have or something else?
  • flyofavalonflyofavalon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Defense gives "Effective HP" which is a bit complicated to figure out on the fly. I have not yet done the math of defense vs hp but it will most likely either be HP winning or a close tie. If you already have HP, stick with it until someone does the math.
    edited April 2015
    Defense gives "Effective HP" which is a bit complicated to figure out on the fly. I have not yet done the math of defense vs hp but it will most likely either be HP winning or a close tie. If you already have HP, stick with it until someone does the math.

ok thanks a ton stupid 10 chars rule.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok so i have a hr level 70 pvp 3 pieces of the burning executioner set with rank 7s radiants in defensive slots and darks in offensive. i went from getting triple kills all day last mod and almost to my dominion champion without pvp gear to getting lucky enough to get 1 kill this mod. i didnt change anything all i added was the ability to perma spam encounters. gf's own me cw's own me dc's own me i feel like im getting owned left and right here. im dodging im doing everything right as far as i know. i cant figure it out. i use fox hindering and constricting.i have a lesser soul forged a lesser plague fire blue arti equipment besides belt blue artifacts all 3 and 1 epic waters of elah'zad.
    tell me if this link doesnt show it to you guys.btw i also have 80k hp.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107095202942443403003/albums/6136489116008144913
    im asking for any help i can get to improve my char.

Most 70's I have seen so far are (at east) legendary everything with rank 10's and up. It makes sense that the formerly BIS maxout out players to want to level as fast as possible and be whatever the current bis is asap. So I suspect level 70 pvp is a meatgrinder right now. It is why I am taking my time getting to 70, and waiting for new artifact belt and neck before refining those slots beyond epic.

Also, it is a whole new thing. I do not expect the absolute best specs and stat configuration to come out for about a month.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So far I'm doing nice in 60-69 bracket. Honestly, I'm a bit afraid of what is waiting us (HRs) at lvl 70.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    when you give food to someone

regards

Isn't there a bridge somewhere missing a troll?

Be gone before I give you a whatfor with the broadside of my sword across your tukiss you little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think what HR need right now is new variation of pvp map
    so archery path will viable more
  • oldguy99oldguy99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs are all Melee fans as per them on twitter feeds. They will not allow a viable archer class in the game. The only way a ranger is effective is to go melee which is what the Devs love. Since the last maint. all my archery attacks are down. hawk shot is down 3K Binding arrow is down .5K Cordon is down 3k I can go on. Of course no nerf was officially done but all my damage is now 2K for most attacks and 4K on 3 others with two exceptions like cordon which does 6K to 9K. For the new mod and peeps having ungodly defense and 60K hit points...2K to 4K attacks will not put anyone down. Compared to the damage my Trickster, CW and GF do the Archer class is a joke. We have tried to get them to do an archery path and a melee path at lvl 30 so the Devs can have their stupid melee for an archer and the Rangers can focus on archery like D&D made them, but they will not concede the melee part for a real archery class. Even a small change like taking the shifting tab function and letting us have a fifth range attack would help a little. Anyway, you can post all you want about being a viable ranger but they will not allow it in game. You must go Hunter "Melee". or change classes.
    edited April 2015
    oldguy99 wrote: »
    Devs are all Melee fans as per them on twitter feeds. They will not allow a viable archer class in the game. The only way a ranger is effective is to go melee which is what the Devs love. Since the last maint. all my archery attacks are down. hawk shot is down 3K Binding arrow is down .5K Cordon is down 3k I can go on. Of course no nerf was officially done but all my damage is now 2K for most attacks and 4K on 3 others with two exceptions like cordon which does 6K to 9K. For the new mod and peeps having ungodly defense and 60K hit points...2K to 4K attacks will not put anyone down. Compared to the damage my Trickster, CW and GF do the Archer class is a joke. We have tried to get them to do an archery path and a melee path at lvl 30 so the Devs can have their stupid melee for an archer and the Rangers can focus on archery like D&D made them, but they will not concede the melee part for a real archery class. Even a small change like taking the shifting tab function and letting us have a fifth range attack would help a little. Anyway, you can post all you want about being a viable ranger but they will not allow it in game. You must go Hunter "Melee". or change classes.

I loved this class when Archery/Combat hybrid was the way to go way back in mod2. Aspect of the Serpent ftw.

If we wanna break out the tin foil hats we could always say the devs won't let any class come close to CW in terms of ranged dps. SW dared to come close and they entirely castrated that class for it. My best toon (probably) is an HR but I refuse to play it. Mod5 hr was bad enough, now they have the class running around the field like a cadre of loosed elven gender reassignment failures spamming glitchy encounters because really that might be the only way for them to go.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm 2400 trapper and my pvp damage sucks. Like big time. 10k power, 50% RI and 30% crit with feated aspect of serpent. Base damage on encounters varies from 4k to 8k when everything procs. Roots last about 3 seconds at best and the dot ticks as much as it did in M5 while the HP pool was tripled. I actually can kill CWs and TRs 1v1, but it takes FOREVER, I'm able to survive due to forest ghost sped up recharging through feats and spamming semi-stealth via maradeur's. Crushing roots allow some additional CC if you're lucky with double RNG (crit chance plus chance to proc weak roots off a crit feat).

So far my ability setup is - constricting, maradeur's, fox; rapid shot, hunter's teamwork; crushing roots, aspect of the serpent; disruptive, forest ghost. I don't play domination anymore, only GG because there I can stick to my allies and at least provide some CC.

After re-reading this post I thought for a second - why do thorned root do so little damage? So I've run some testing aaaand they're not affected by armor penetration. They ticked for 2800(13000). I can't believe it, this game's ****ed so bad.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Didn't you say you were leaving this game on April 10th? :)

Sorry, I could not resist . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For now roots is useless because roots cant affected by any proc(since mod4), also armor penetration dont works lol. I was laughing when i saw a lot of trappers who have 20% crit chance - copied build without brain. I still wanna to see mod3 archery or buffed combat tree. Devs need to improve more things, not only feat or another stuff what HRs uses during all mod(Piercing Blades, Roots+Swiftness recovery). Its boring to use only 1 tree with similar feats or encounters to another peoples. I thought to stay with combat tree in mod6 still just need some cosmetic changes.
    @mehguy138 Trapper never was 1vs1 killing machine.
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Didn't you say you were leaving this game on April 10th? :)

Sorry, I could not resist . . .

Me? I said I uninstalled it and which I did. After a few days a friend of mine desired to play so I installed it back and we'd leveled through this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together, it wasn't that bad. And since we have 2 years of PvP experience and he's CW, it's pretty funny to play current GG, we almost never lose. Any game is fun as long as there's a person to play with.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Me? I said I uninstalled it and which I did. After a few days a friend of mine desired to play so I installed it back and we'd leveled through this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together, it wasn't that bad. And since we have 2 years of PvP experience and he's CW, it's pretty funny to play current GG, we almost never lose. Any game is fun as long as there's a person to play with.
    These words are gold.
    ABSOLUTE
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so what kind of Hunter did I met in PVP that nearly stunned my all time, not giving any possibility to strike back, last days?
    even wearing a elfen battle enchantement....
    must be high crit with maxed gear? since you can´t take a look at them
  • comaetilicocomaetilico Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2015
    so what kind of Hunter did I met in PVP that nearly stunned my all time, not giving any possibility to strike back, last days?

trascendent elven battl is bugged and don't affect neither daze nor stun (same for pure) so it does not make any difference against the (already short) duration daze of a HR...

an HR that is targeting a perma daze build (well perma is pretty hard but an extremely high uptime can be done) will be using 3 encounter that apply grasping root (one of those has 3 charge so it is a burst of daze in the beginning but in the long run it start affecting the rotation due to charges not being affected by cd reduction) with the trapper rotation he will be able to chain all his enocunter one after the other for at least a couple rotation (if there is only one target that he can hit with his aoe he may need a couple at will here and there to fill in) that make a 3 second daze out of 6 seconds so to fill the rest of the time you need to proc the 25% chance on crit to apply weak root that will apply the half second (before control bonus/control resistance) daze...
    HR by himself only have the generic 3% increase crit outside of his ranged line... and as I said you need to go trapper in order to get the rotation up (and also to get the increase control duration from the capston that will actualy keep your daze at 1 sec... otherwise control resistance is going to reduce them prettty hard ^^') so yes.. in order to get this "perma daze" build to work you either need to be pretty well equipped... or to have a friendly rene CW by your side buffing your crit (all hail the new 30% increase crit chance of chaos magic!!!!).

So... if you meet an HR and a CW you'r most likely tosted... but out of those two... I don't know if the HR is really the one you should be worried about ^^'
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Just a FotM Trapper using Crushing Roots combined with Hindering, Constricting and probly Cordon of Arrows. So much CC it's stupid.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited April 2015
    Crushing Roots are broken. They're both over- and underpowered at the same time.

Why are they overpowered? Because you can take 3 powers which apply grasping roots and literally permadaze your target. Plus, if you build 40%+ crit strike chance, you'll apply additional roots due to new feat (Trapper's Cunning) that gives you 25% chance to apply roots with a crit. Combination of roots and daze makes you unable to move and attack. And while HR deals very low damage, they will still kill you because you can't attack back.

Why are they underpowered? Because choosing all or even 3 grasping roots encounters leave you extremely vulnerable and 2vs1 you're toast in a few seconds. The daze is so short that it's barely noticeable and double RNG with Trapper's Cunning is unreliable. Plus, it's useless in PvE.

I'd say, increase Crushing Roots' duration two times, but make them daze the player only once in 6 seconds.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The daze is so short that it's barely noticeable and double RNG with Trapper's Cunning is unreliable.

I have to disagree with you on this part. Every time I go up against one of these HRs I am toast and cannot do a single thing but watch my own HR die while frozen to the spot.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you on this part. Every time I go up against one of these HRs I am toast and cannot do a single thing but watch my own HR die while frozen to the spot.

It is simply because they can chain encounters with strong roots + disruptive in between within seconds so that you have the feeling the daze lasts for so long.

Basically, a trapper can maximize their root+daze by slotting constrict, binding, and hindering. Note that cordon/plant growth's root effect does not apply crushing root since they are not listed as either 'weak' or 'strong' root. The daze caused by weak root is extremely short even on mobs. Only the dazes from strong root (2 seconds) and disruptive daily (3 seconds) are the main devils.

Trapper's cunning is indeed unreliable since it depends heavily on crit which is hindered down by the new stat curve and the daze on weak root lasts less than 1 second.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
    edited April 2015
    utuwer wrote: »
    It is simply because they can chain encounters with strong roots + disruptive in between within seconds so that you have the feeling the daze lasts for so long.

Basically, a trapper can maximize their root+daze by slotting constrict, binding, and hindering. Note that cordon/plant growth's root effect does not apply crushing root since they are not listed as either 'weak' or 'strong' root. The daze caused by weak root is extremely short even on mobs. Only the dazes from strong root (2 seconds) and disruptive daily (3 seconds) are the main devils.

Trapper's cunning is indeed unreliable since it depends heavily on crit which is hindered down by the new stat curve and the daze on weak root lasts less than 1 second.

It's actually 1 second for strong and half a second for weak.
    edited April 2015
    Any game is fun as long as there's a person to play with.

So true. /10 char
    edited April 2015
    Crushing Roots are broken. They're both over- and underpowered at the same time.

Why are they overpowered? Because you can take 3 powers which apply grasping roots and literally permadaze your target. Plus, if you build 40%+ crit strike chance, you'll apply additional roots due to new feat (Trapper's Cunning) that gives you 25% chance to apply roots with a crit. Combination of roots and daze makes you unable to move and attack. And while HR deals very low damage, they will still kill you because you can't attack back.

Why are they underpowered? Because choosing all or even 3 grasping roots encounters leave you extremely vulnerable and 2vs1 you're toast in a few seconds. The daze is so short that it's barely noticeable and double RNG with Trapper's Cunning is unreliable. Plus, it's useless in PvE.

I'd say, increase Crushing Roots' duration two times, but make them daze the player only once in 6 seconds.

It only remotely becomes a problem when there are two HRs spamming this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at you at the same time. Any cc break or resist at all and there are two kills. HR is pretty well broken bad at this point in my opinion. The only good they seem to do is to hold a target in place long enough for me to land lashing or anvil or whatever big damage one shot the class I am playing at the time has.