test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I had this happen to me last night. I waited on the "Materials loaded..." screen for 8 minutes and then it popped up with "Account Ticket Authorization Failed" and returned me to the login screen. Then when I logged in again from the client login screen, I went straight to the character select field and haven't had any problems since.

did you consolidate my thread into this thread? My thread has nothing to do with the patch but a direct relation and repeatable cause of a freeze at loading with specific graphics settings that has plagued both STO and NWO for years. Is there a way to undo this merge?
  • chibiiisanchibiiisan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unfortunately I have the same issue here as well.
    Ever since the MI6 patch I am unable to get into the game anymore.
    I don't get past the Neverwinter Logo where it says GameClient stopped responding.
    I checked with Dxdiag and all my drivers are up to date.
    I am running the game on a computer with a Nvidia Geforce GTX260 with the latest drivers installed from April 2nd.
    I tried the force option suggested on here but with no effect. I hope you will be able to fix these problems soon.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    did you consolidate my thread into this thread? My thread has nothing to do with the patch but a direct relation and repeatable cause of a freeze at loading with specific graphics settings that has plagued both STO and NWO for years. Is there a way to undo this merge?

From the threads I've merged here, they all appeared to be this same issue. Can you PM the link to the original post in question?
  • gonfsgonfs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    after u login, u press cancel button and then press patch button.
  • caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue. I just set up my new computer, and I've tweaked every possible setting to make sure my firewall lets it through, but no go. Everything is newly updated, as well. Specs are Win 8.1, 4th gen. Intel i5 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 705, for the record. I just tried the forced verify, as well, and no luck.

I was previously using the original game client (never switched to the <not allowed to criticize, I guess> ArcClient), and I logged on post M6 just fine.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    here to join the ranks
    Logged in OK yesterday for a moment....no luck tonight :/
  • dianafarhandianafarhan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello everbody,

After the patch something happened to my client and I am unable to login back to the game. After the launcher launches the game, it loads and when the Neverwinter sign comes it stucks there and the game stops responding... What do I do?

Heres a video of what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06cgKAcaPlY

1.Launch game via ARC
    2.Wait for Game luncher to load and there is start option available.
    3.Do not press start
    4.On top of the Game launcher press open option
    5. Alternate window pops up with options
    5.1Click Safe Mode and Full Screen
    5.2.Press Save
    6.Now at launcher press Start
    7.Game will launch and u can see tht the window is minimized
    8.You have to act quick here- maximize the window immidiately
    9.Now the loading page with cryptic sign will load(sometimes u will get a notify Firewall blocked bla bla la -cllick allow access)
    10. Now when see the neverwinter page loading , all u have to do is wait for about 2-5 min or less or more , do not move your mouse or press any key unless prompt.

This will be the thing to do in order for you to play untill patch (sometimes after this procedure and relaunch it might work without safe mode but it depends on your computer spec)
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any news on a fix?
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the very same issue, could not get past the Neverwinter logo page, so I did a uninstall of all PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Files, and ran a full level III PC maintenance: Start with a AVAST Anti-Virus and Anti-Malicious Software Deep Scan/Boot Scan, (Microsoft Windows) or whatever your O.S. Disc Clean-Sweep, and a Defrag HDD (No Defrag If Using An SSD), and make sure all P.C. Hardware & Software Drivers are up to date newest versions by doing a manual select update driver option on all.
    Manually Reset All P.C. CPU, GPU, ROM, RAM 3-D Graphics Options & Settings to Maximin Optimal Performance and minimum quality then restart PC. Reinstall PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/Neverwinter and let it Update New Mod6 Elemental Evil.

When patch completes log into game, at main screen/character select, open Options, reset all game options settings to match P.C. options settings for maximum optimal preformance CPU min quality GPU; also make sure to reset BLOOM from its default 100% to min 10% and Turn Anti Aliasing to OFF. Now click APPLY and click SAVE U.I., now log into character, once in game zone map/instance open options/settings, click LOAD U.I., click APPLY, click SAVE U.I.
    *If you have alt character then log each one in and repeat on all. this way you do not accidentally revert to old saved u.i. settings at some later date*

Now then, you now have removed all old modules outdated/corrupted data and reinstalled a fresh new copy of all model 6 data, you have stream lined both your PC hardware/software and the game options and settings for maximum optimal preformance speed. the game will still look great and will run faster than before with min load time, max action/reaction time and min lag.

FYI: Keep in mind this is only on your PC's side of the 3 way data flow path between your PC's (Hardware/Software/Game Client Data Processing Speed Time) and your Internet Service Provider aka I.S.P. Data (in/out - down/up) flow speed time. You I.S.P. High-Speed-Broadband Package Mbps.
    ((Mbps stands for millions of bits per second or megabits per second and is a measure of bandwidth; the total information flow over a given time on a telecommunications medium.))

And the PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/D&D Neverwinter Online Main Server and its C.N.S.
    (Computer Networking Systems Worldwide) and the geographical locations.
    The PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/D&DNO Main Server is located in Boston MA. U.S. East Coast Time Zone
    (-5 GMT UCT)

The distance between your PC/and your I.S.P. Main CNS and its local cns nodes and the PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/D&DNO Main Server in Boston, MA. U.S. EST. (-5 GMT UCT)
    Will also have an effect on your PC's/ISP/PWE CNS data flow speed times. so in closing try to keep in mind that you can only have any effect on 2 of the 3, your PC hardware/software type/config, options settings, your I.S.P. Mbps High Speed Broadband width Package type.
    The average I.S.P. in U.S. north American 48 states will offer a min of 6 Mbps up to 100 Mbps with some I.S.P. Like Verison Digital Fiber Optical Offering a home/small business class up to 300 Mbps.
    Availability of Fiber Optical Cable access may very depending on your local area.

I am currently using Xfinity/Comcast 105Extreme High Speed Broadband.
    Based in the Philadelphia, PA metro area.
    That is less than 200 miles from the PWE Main Server in Boston MA. U.S.
    Average Ping: between 5ms-10ms 100 Mbps DownLoad, 25 Mbps UPLoad

Current Internet Speed Test Readings Results:
    http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/873455684.png.

My Current P.C. Custom Design Home Build Specs from Feb 2013: Present Date.
    AMD FX-8350 Piledriver (Vishera) 4.0GHz (Eight Core) 32nm, AM3+ 8MB Cache
    AMD FX High Performance Liquid Cooling system
    ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX AM3+, SLI & Crossfirex, SATA3, USB 3.0
    16GB (2x8GB) PC14900 DDR3 1866 Dual Channel (high performance memory)
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB PCI Express 16x dual head DVI, HDMI
    128.0 GB SSD Crucial M4 Series Solid State Drive, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, 500MBs
    1000.0 GB Western Digital Black 7200RPM SATA 3 6.0Gb/s 64m cache
    LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
    Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)
    Wireless 802.11 N 300MBs Network Card PCI Express
    Cooler Master HAF-922 USB 3 black, front USB 3.0 & eSATA
    Corsair 750W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit DVD w/SP1
    http://www.magicmicro.com/pricelist.asp?cid=29
    edited April 2015
    norisman1 wrote: »
    Yepper I had the very same issue, could not get past the Neverwinter logo page, I did a uninstall, pc maintinance, disc sweek, defrag, and made sure all hardware/software drivers were up to date via manual select update driver option on all, reinstalled all pwe/cryptic/arc/games/co/sto/d&dno, rebooted PC, launched pwe/cryptic/arc/game/neverwinter game client, logged in to game no problems. P.S. Special Note: manulaly reset both P.C. and sll game opptions/settings to game to max preformance & max cpu; min optical gpu options settings. noted both PC and game client ran at supper fast load/action game play, and graphics still looked great.
    P.S.S. reset BLOOM from default 100% to 10%, and distance rendering from 200% to 100% and turned off Analizing. game loads supper fast, looks supper great and action/reaction times also notably faster. I hope this info helps enjoy SALUTE! :)

It would if I could get in to tweak; lol.
  • grimgoldfiregrimgoldfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly the only fix to this is be [patient i had the issue too, but in reading the forum i notice people kept saying let it sit and load. They are telling the truth. I started mine let it sit, went made a snack came back and character screen was waiting for me. It take a while to load cause of all the new stuff that was put into the game. Patience people it will load. Just do not click anything on that load screen leave it alone!

There is a saying i was taught when i was a kid.. Good things come to those who wait...give it a try
  • motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ever since patch seems like everyones having issues from what im reading. I started out with a DX graphic error that crashed the game to windows on login, next the game wouldnt load past the neverwinter title screen, I try today and the patcher say it cant communicate with the server, so I cant even get to the cryptic loading page. I've tried every possible combination of config in the options menu from the patcher, multiple reinstalls with no avail. Does anyone know if Neverwinter reads the steamNW forums as well as these? There is also a staggering quantity of people with similar issues posting on there as well.
    Anyway this blows, I give up. Liked this game too.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
  • hyperpsycrowhyperpsycrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Samehere..thx for ruining my weekend in nwn :(
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's day two and I'm starting to shake and seeing things since I'm so addicted to this game I can't live without it. SOMEONE FIX THE **** PROBLEM!!!!!

I get to the black "CRYPTIC" screen and the load bar gets to about 3% and I crash. Im about to go start playing Aion again if this keeps up. I already had to wait 3 extra weeks for Mod6 and now Im locked out after only been able to play 2 hours of it.

Looks like I'm actually gonna go do some overtime this weekend at work, watch the Masters and play some golf instead of wasting my time hoping someone will fix this trash
    edited April 2015
    Yepper I had the very same issue,

I could not get past the Neverwinter logo page,

#1 I did a uninstall of all pwe/cryptic/arc/games/files,

#2 did a complete pc maintinance, disc sweap/clean, HHD defrag ( If SSD do not defrag),

#3 made sure all hardware/software drivers were up to date via manual select update driver option on all

#4 reinstalled all pwe/cryptic/arc/games/co/sto/d&dno,

#5 rebooted PC,

#6 launched pwe/cryptic/arc

#7 launch neverwinter game client,

#8 logged in to game character selection/creat ne character window,

#9 Select Character or Creat New Character,

#10 Play/Create character

#11 no problems.

#12 Have fun and enjoy

#13 I hope this helps others to fix the "Can't get passt Neverwinter Logo Screen Issue/Problem/Bug/Glitch FIX/Workaround :) SALUTE! :)

P.S. Special Note: manulaly reset both P.C. and sll game opptions/settings to game to max preformance & max cpu; min optical gpu options settings. noted both PC and game client ran at supper fast load/action game play, and graphics still looked great.

P.S.S. reset BLOOM from default 100% to 10%, and distance rendering from 200% to 100% and turned off Analizing. game loads supper fast, looks supper great and action/reaction times also notably faster. I hope this info helps enjoy SALUTE!
  • same1234same1234 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we shouldnt have to do all that bs to play a game if i cant just log in and play then <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on it back to wow i gess
  • tanksouptanksoup Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They could let us know if there working on it and give us a time, mine is messed up too
    edited April 2015
    You posted that twice norisman; its on the previous page.
    edited April 2015
    I intened it to be an updated version, sorry for any confusion SALUTE! :)
  • ravek666ravek666 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1.Launch game via ARC
    2.Wait for Game luncher to load and there is start option available.
    3.Do not press start
    4.On top of the Game launcher press open option
    5. Alternate window pops up with options
    5.1Click Safe Mode and Full Screen
    5.2.Press Save
    6.Now at launcher press Start
    7.Game will launch and u can see tht the window is minimized
    8.You have to act quick here- maximize the window immidiately
    9.Now the loading page with cryptic sign will load(sometimes u will get a notify Firewall blocked bla bla la -cllick allow access)
    10. Now when see the neverwinter page loading , all u have to do is wait for about 2-5 min or less or more , do not move your mouse or press any key unless prompt.

This will be the thing to do in order for you to play untill patch (sometimes after this procedure and relaunch it might work without safe mode but it depends on your computer spec)

I do that and works! I be hable to enter the game and play.
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    did not work for me.
  • ggedamedggedamed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patience was the solution for me. I uninstalled Arc + Neverwinter and cleaned the computer twice, but no dice (sorry, coudn't resist).

Today I read this thread and decided to launch Neverwinter in safe mode and let it be for a long time. Meanwhile, I worked on the same computer, and after some time (maybe 10 min, maybe 30 min, I don't know because I had totally erased it from my mind) I discovered the game was loaded and ready. In my case using the mouse and the keyboard while the game was loading didn't bring any issue.
    I then played for a while in Drowned Shore and it was OK. The frame rate dropped in Protector's Enclave and even more in Icewind Dale. But this is totally unrelated - I just wanted to see if the game would crash if I play more time or if I login several times. It didn't. The loading time was normal for all sessions after that first one.

So, yeah, just try launching it in safe mode and do something else for some time - it might work for you, too.
  • hallowoakhallowoak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ravek666 wrote: »
    I do that and works! I be hable to enter the game and play.

Will we keep our coins that will have been lost because we couldn't log in for the consecutive days?
    edited April 2015
    Forget it -__- the freaking game crash again -___-.
  • warlord625warlord625 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    plese fix cant log in
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All that BS about reinstalling EVRYTHING is not working. I happened to finish building a brand spanking new PC for a friend*, installed the Windows, and all the other junk, Neverwinter is still hanging at the Load Screen. Star Trek Loads fine as does Swordsman. Stop telling people to reinstall everything because they should not have to waste their time and bandwidth. The issue is on Cryptics side to solve, if they are giving preference to XboxOne clients thats their prerogative. Try out another Arc game, there are plenty of cool games to try, all free to play :D

*No PC specs for you, LOL
    edited April 2015
    I quit, I was able to conect wen the server goes down for "maintenance" and again the game still don't load, I go to play TERA.
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you try to start in Safe modus which you can activate in launcher under settings? Pls also choose your patch-/game Proxy server. (You have to restart your launcher after you have choosen the Proxy-Server US or EU)
    I also had this problem and after waiting for like 30 min. it had loaded and now I can start it without issues.
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this bug is back... 4/10 6:35 PST
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    this bug is back... 4/10 6:35 PST

Riddle me this batman, I have 2 pcs almost identical, same hardware, same drivers, same directx driver 11...
    1 logs right in no problems the other will not load neverwinter, it'll go all the way to the Dand D screen then just a white screen and windows says gameclient not responding AND I already did a complete reinstall! no change and I dled the web runtime thing that some people said fixes it....nada btw other pc not mine so i cant play AT ALL
This discussion has been closed.