test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-game Lag post-Module 6!

twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've been wanting to play Neverwinter quite badly. But as soon as I log in to the game, I almost immediately get a consistent "Server not responding" error on the top of my screen. Every time I see this, I pretty much just back out of the game and quit for another day.

Is there some sort of work around? Is it only me that's experiencing these issues? I herd quite a lot about the comcast modem, or whatever. Is this the issue?

(And yes, every other game works fine most of the time)
Post edited by twackers on

Comments

• metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    That issue is still being investigated, but for the majority of the time its still playable
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2015
    Strange. It's impossible for me to encounter a battle and actually succeed because I'm constantly getting "Server not responding" for up to 10 seconds.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    My wife and I are both running around the enclave, and have done a few Epics and dragons today. Only issue is the event ques. But no Lag
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2015
    Then it must be an issue with my modem? I've herd multiple rumors saying something regarding it.

EDIT: Going to be trying a complete reinstall.
  • pmpn8ntezpmpn8ntez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I been wondering why my computer is having such a hard time running this game. I have tried everything, including putting everything on low. But nothing changes and the problem continues. I play other games and I never have this problem at all. And my FPS are always over 30 FPS. In this game I'm getting 9 or 10 FPS in town. When I leave town to do a missions. It goes up between 15 and 20 FPS. I took screen shots of this while using Fraps and also my PC specifications are posted....:(
  • mkins11mkins11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same exact problem, even when my xbox is the only device using my internet/router. I also have one of the comcast modem/router combo devices. I keep hearing that's the problem and I'm starting to believe it. Let us know if you find a solution.
  • firesforever2firesforever2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was getting a lot of server timeouts and lag so I did a complete shut down of my xbox by holding the power button down for a few seconds and now I am almost lag free and the server connection errors have gone. Might be worth a try if not already done.
  • novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    switching show 'high detail objects' off helped a bit in my case
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i tried turning everything off and it didnt work im also dcing constantly and cant stay in the game long at all.
  • ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also, a good practice on the XB1 is to manually shutdown your game when complete. I have found that with pretty much any game I play, if I leave it running, they are often problems when I start back up (ie lag, sound gone, graphical errors).

Good XB1 practices:

Manually shut down game/app when not in use (start buton, quit).

When things seem wonky, reset the system (hold power button 10secs, or unplug for 30-60secs)
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's a genuine question on my part. I'm not very savvy about those things.

I've been enjoying playing on new maps or rather I would have been enjoying it a great deal except that I'm lagging so bad that my cw can't dodge (which matters now much more than it used to).

My connection is ok, I did the tracert test (or however it's called) and I'm getting good results. My connection speed hasn't changed since before mod 6. I had occasional lag issues (in Tiamat or during the dragon zerg in WoD) before but not quite like this.

Is there anything that can be done? I just would like to have fun :(
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One thing to check is your graphic settings.

If you tweaked them lower in Mod 5, they may have reset to highest quality with the new Mod.
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lag is killin me!

It´s not about the graphics. My default is >maxed all< and I ran very good and fluently through the game.
    Even lower the graphics down to all LOW - nothing changes (but the quality^^).

I have a delay of 2-3 secs sometimes. Skills and healing pots don´t proc. At healing pots the counter starts, 1 pot is gone but i haven´t been healed. I´m firing and hitting my *** off hoping the mobs die before me.

This sux hard!
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    not sure if its just me but on the new maps after instance get max number of players the lag is insane im having around 2-3 seconds delay i have to switch instance with lower amount of players and then everything goes alright untill instance gets maxed again.

I have the same issue, and the devs are aware as posted in here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?878511-M6-Known-Issues
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mkins11 wrote: »
    I have the same exact problem, even when my xbox is the only device using my internet/router. I also have one of the comcast modem/router combo devices. I keep hearing that's the problem and I'm starting to believe it. Let us know if you find a solution.

I still have the older comcast modem that doesn't have the built in router (been trying to months to get them to send the new one so we get the faster speeds but they aren't sending it for some reason) and i still get massive lag spikes almost every time i initiate a fight.

Force closing the game doesn't work, i still get lag even after playing another game for a while and starting neverwinter back up, also get lag after hard resetting my xbox. Doubt it has anything to do with my connection because other games work fine, the only other game i have lag issues with is halo mcc but that is one of the buggiest games this gen.
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I checked the graphics setting first thing. I have everything as low as possible.

Oh well.
  • evilalmusevilalmus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting timeouts attempting to connect to game server and gateway. Anyone else seeing this?
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does any 1 else have lag issues today . plus not getting healed from potions while in combat
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sometimes everything seems to be delayed for 1-2 seconds, really anoying playing like this
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's really annoying when I'm smashing the keys on my keyboard and my skills don't cast.
    If I manage to pull a fox shift off, I have no idea where I am coz I'd teleport there after the lag and facing something else.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel you bro :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah its baad, at least im on paladin and a second or 120 doesnt change much :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • famundafamunda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bobby4700 wrote: »
    Does any 1 else have lag issues today . plus not getting healed from potions while in combat

The game is currently uplayable this morning.
    I can't even get out of Protector's Enclave. Can run around for a few seconds then you warp back to where you started from. Then after awhile I'll get disconnected and log back in to somewhere on the map that I apparently ran to while stuck in Lag Land. Can't invoke, can't check professions, cant do anything.
  • violetcrayonvioletcrayon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Usually the kind of lag I get is rubberbanding/ server not responding, but it's different now. Like choppy, frame rate lag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    most of the new content lagged badly upon release ( and still does ) .
    Now most of the dungeons are suffering from it also .
    Looks like I'm gonna be on professions only for the next while .
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lag in spinward rise (other new zones can't compare) is the worst experience I have ever had in any game, the fact that it has been going on since launch of mod 6 is ridiculous....
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This lag in spinward is a joke, this module should not have been released as is.