test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overflow

neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering pre-new module, if we were already at 60; we would gain overflow experience and now we have new module; I thought the times we gained overflow would count towards going up to Level 70 or am I missing something? Will this be implemented or too much work as would be lovely, just random wonder.
Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    It was never meant as a pre-leveling method to get to 70 faster. You were given rewards for each "level" to give XP a use after 60. But it was never intended to give you a head start to 70. The overflow will continue once you reach lvl 70.

Thanks for prompt answer.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh wow - I did not think about that!

My level 60 CW thankfully finally finished Shar and much of ToD boons before the Mod 6 launch (barely), as I suspected those zones would be hell in Mod 6.

Seems like a rip-off losing all of the overflow experience . . .

Like it never even happened . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    As soon as you get to 70 (may need to relog afterwards or change zones to kick it in then), your previous Overflow will re-appear and you'll continue where you left off. Overflow XP does not count for the actual leveling process.

Any existing overflow experience will be available and contribute towards rewards once level 70 is reached.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Oh wow - I did not think about that!

My level 60 CW thankfully finally finished Shar and much of ToD boons before the Mod 6 launch (barely), as I suspected those zones would be hell in Mod 6. I also remember having about one fourth of the overflow experience bar there.

Has anyone checked to see if you got credit for that overflow experience toward level 61?

Seems like a rip-off if you just lose it all . . .

Yes, I agree however still enjoy playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Aye, as soon as you get to 70 (may need to relog afterwards or change zones to kick it in then), your previous Overflow will re-appear and you'll continue where you left off.

Oh, that would be cool!

You always have the answers, Zeb - thanks!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    As soon as you get to 70 (may need to relog afterwards or change zones to kick it in then), your previous Overflow will re-appear and you'll continue where you left off.

Thanks Zeb! *big hugs*
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems like a rip-off losing all of the overflow experience . . .

Like it never even happened . . .

Overflow experience rewards were a fairly recent development as it was. Before, doing all those dailies for boons, people got nothing except XP for their companions (if they had any they were leveling). You got rewards for your overflow levels, be grateful you got anything.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    My pleasure! Save travels and happy hunting!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You got rewards for your overflow levels, be grateful you got anything.

okaaayyyy . . . . ? ?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Point being that you've already been rewarded for that overflow experience, which is more than anyone used to get.

Overflow XP works like filling a bucket. When it's full, you pour it out and get the treasure at the bottom, and start over. It effectively resets to zero every time you qualify for a reward.

Raising the level cap didn't reset you to zero, it just hid your bucket.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Overflow experience rewards were a fairly recent development as it was. Before, doing all those dailies for boons, people got nothing except XP for their companions (if they had any they were leveling). You got rewards for your overflow levels, be grateful you got anything.
    okaaayyyy . . . . ? ?
    I got myowmyow's rewards! MUWAHAHAHA, I am grateful. :P

411 ur 0ve4f10w belongs to meh!