test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc Loader question

alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings,

The arc loader has been giving me all sorts of trouble. Is there a way to get into Neverwinter without using the loader or in other words bypass the arc loader? I searched the forums and did not find an answer. Thank you in advance
Post edited by alyrissa on

Comments

• ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup, there sure is. I used ARC to download and install the game then moved the entire "neverwinter_en" directory to a different location (to stop the daft Windows security warnings). The game installation directory varies but is something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\...

Just find and make a shortcut to "neverwinter.exe" and then you don't need to run, update or login to Arc unless you want to enter a promo code. The last code I entered I had to wait 10 minutes for ARC to update itself, which sums up why I try to avoid ARC and Steam and similar. It's true to say that ARC has spent more time updating itself than the time I have spent using it. A bit like an Adobe product... ;p

BTW, if you want Neverwinter on a different PC you can just copy the (large) "neverwinter_en" directory and run the same exe file. No ARC needed.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    Yup, there sure is. I used ARC to download and install the game then moved the entire "neverwinter_en" directory to a different location (to stop the daft Windows security warnings). The game installation directory varies but is something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\...

Just find and make a shortcut to "neverwinter.exe" and then you don't need to run, update or login to Arc unless you want to enter a promo code. The last code I entered I had to wait 10 minutes for ARC to update itself, which sums up why I try to avoid ARC and Steam and similar. It's true to say that ARC has spent more time updating itself than the time I have spent using it. A bit like an Adobe product... ;p

I think this will work. I was fortunate to create my accounts before the "ARC" requirement. I never have to use ARC to play NW. Whew!

BTW, if you want Neverwinter on a different PC you can just copy the (large) "neverwinter_en" directory and run the same exe file. No ARC needed.

I don't think this will work.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the help, I will try the work around but since I only have 1 computer then the second idea is of lil use at this time to me, thank you very much
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just need to respond to this.

First, copying the directory definitely *does* work. Our household has ARC on only one PC and Neverwinter on two PCs and two laptops. As long as you copy the entire neverwinter_en directory and subdirectories in one go rather than try to copy selective files it does work. Only my main PC downloaded the mod 6 patch. For the others I deleted and recopied the directories on a flash stick because it is quicker than our slow broadband. It works fine and each copy can update itself if necessary.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just need to respond to this.

First, copying the directory definitely *does* work. Our household has ARC on only one PC and Neverwinter on two PCs and two laptops. As long as you copy the entire neverwinter_en directory and subdirectories in one go rather than try to copy selective files it does work. Only my main PC downloaded the mod 6 patch. For the others I deleted and recopied the directories on a flash stick because it is quicker than our slow broadband. It works fine and each copy can update itself if necessary.

Second, "ofnieslaf" is trolling the whole forum atm, not just in this thread. Take a look at their other posts and also try reading their name backwards.

Yeah, I knew the name backwards is "false info" from prior experience. I just was not sure it would work correctly, since often times programs stick necessary files in other locations to keep this type of copying from happening. It's cool that it works for Neverwinter, but it won't for all programs. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."